How do Shogi and Chess compare? Which is better?

How do Shogi and Chess compare? Which is better?

Both equally inferior to xiangqi.

xiangqi is a literal meme game
>the elephant is the weakest piece and gets BTFO by ordinary foot soldiers
>the general literally can't even leave his house or look at the opposing general
>the cannon can jump over things

Chess is practically a solved game, the only strategy is predicting which of the limited number of moves your opponent is going to use next, and selecting the appropriate counter-move from the same limited number of moves.

Chess is better because it's Aryan in origin.

Shogi is less directly comparable to Chess and Xiangqi; one big difference in Shogi is the ability to "drop" pieces you have captured from the opponent back on the board in lieu of taking a regular move.

This vastly increases the complexity of the game compared to xiangqi or chess, because both games will generally see the degradation of forces with time.

I got that for my father in law for Christmas. Then he got cancer. Fuck that game.

Go is.

This DOES count btw.

Indians are Aryans now?

If Aryan = good, smart, etc, then why do white people just call them and everything they make, "Poo In Loo."

>Indians are Aryans
Literally yes.

More so than whites, actually,

>Poo In Loo.
That would imply they even use toilets.

>literal meme game

how is this not also the case with Shogi?

Your mom

Didn't even mention shogi

Chess is better.
The squares are different colors, and the pieces are different shapes instead of just having different symbols painted on them.

Just overall a nicer game to play, much better build quality.

That's just not true. There are more possible chess games than electrons in the visible universe.

That's true for any non-random game, but until cybernetic brain augmentation becomes a thing it has no meaningful bearing on two humans sitting down to play a game.

>There are more possible chess games than electrons in the visible universe.

This is so shitty argument.
If I made Chess 2 that was literally just 1 more soldier on both sides by that logic the game would be even more complex because now there are more variables to make even more possible games.

You can solve a game without having to fucking play every god damn possible variant that can happen.

I haven't played it nearly enough to properly compare it to chess, but I have to say that I found the freedom of movement to be liberating. Also, cannons rule.

>compare chess to shogi
>chess is practically a solved game, predicting moves from a limited set and making an appropriate counter
>how is that different to shogi?
>I didn't mention shogi
Fuck off retard.

I'd like this better if the Elephants weren't nigh-useless.

>cybernetic brain augmentation

weak minded animal detected
we will train our brains to be the perfect biological computers just like in dune

Chess is better.

That is not true but it is still a lot more combination than the average human is capable of remembering.

A LOT LOT MORE actually.

Shogi is better.

Chess is better.Chinks and Japs hate it cus the field is dominated by non asians.

As someone who has never played Shogi, what's good about it?

Shogi is better.

Shogi is better. Americans and Europeans hate it because it isn't based on their inferior culture.

It must really hurt that you can't into chess.

It must really hurt that you can't into Shogi.

Generally speaking, Asian chess