Shinobi Quest #33

Shinobi Quest #33

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and her allies faced more of the trials of the Forest of Death, defeat a Giant Snake and a genin team from Amegakure in short order. When trying to track down the missing members of the allied Team InoShikaCo and Team 7, Tsuki and Nori stumbled upon a fateful meeting- Choji stayed behind to take of Ino, a short distance away.

With Shikamaru, Sai, Hinata and Neji all laid out before them, Tsuki chose not to be intimidated by the man known as Orochimaru- and even decided to fight him. The sannin, however, was far above her and Nori’s level- or, at least, when Tsuki was holding back.

In the interest of saving her companions, and potentially driving him away, Tsuki engaged in her Stellar Release for the first time outside of the safety of her home. To her surprise, she was able to keep up with the legendary shinobi, although she was never truly sure if he was just testing her or not.

Her luck ran out, however, as the strict stamina limit of Afterglow quickly caught off with her- without it, she was no longer quick enough to match his movements…..

“Struggle, Tsuki. I wish to see how strong you can become.”

These last words of Orochimaru were his parting gift before being knocked out by the Sannin.

Awaking in a cave some time later, she was given the rundown of the aftermath of these events- Orochimaru left, allowing her and Choji, along with the returning Kabuto, to move you all to safety. With the second scroll Kaburo acquired, your progression to the next round was almost assured…. But you needed rest, and were unable to stay awake any longer…..

Sweet

HYPE AS FUCK

Now that Neji's been all infected by snake spit or whatever I'm kinda hoping we get a romance arc with him. Tragic love story, ho. Hopefully better than Sakura and the Sauceman tho

Nah. It will be like Sakura's canon life. Neji will be cold and distance. Also, tragic love is overrated.

I kinda just want to beat his face in for fun. You know. Epicly.

Me, too but Tsuki has to have good ties with the different Clans of the village.

He's gotten worse for me. He wasn't giving Hinata as much shit and might have been less of a little shit. Now he's got part of Saske's cannon bitch fit.

Eh, he's part evil now. I think we'd be forgiven if he attacked first.

It's up to Wargle. We'll see how it goes. Neji's tons different from Ketchup.

The peaceful void of sleep is quick to consume you- though that most restful abyss does not lay claim to your mind for long. Even as you teeter just on the precipice of consciousness, you can feel it- the egg, still fastened around your neck.

A gentle hand wakes you, along with the smell of spring.

“Tsuki, it’s time to wake up!” the voice sings.

You’ve heard that voice before, somewhere….

You open your eyes; slowly, at first, to adjust to the soft light streaming through the large tree above you.

Turning your head, you see her- the little girl from before. Pale white hair, with an oddly cheery disposition, just as before.

“Come on, sleepyhead! It’s important, this time!” she pulls your hand, to try and lift you up- but she’s much smaller than you, and thus her struggle is in vain.

Something in the back of your mind prods you- something about… a forest?

A forest, a test…. and blood.

While the fog occluding your mind refuses to leave, the young girl pouts at you, her small brow furrowing.

“You’re being mean, Tsuki. It’s really important, I swear!”

You…

1. Might as well wake up- she’s obviously quite convinced that you need to see…. Whatever is going on.

2. I don’t really have time for this, do I? Although… you cannot really remember why….

>2. I don’t really have time for this, do I? Although… you cannot really remember why….

>1. Might as well wake up- she’s obviously quite convinced that you need to see…. Whatever is going on.

>1. Might as well wake up- she’s obviously quite convinced that you need to see…. Whatever is going on.

>2. I don’t really have time for this, do I? Although… you cannot really remember why….
Something seems strange here.

> Might as well wake up- she’s obviously quite convinced that you need to see…. Whatever is going on.

1. Might as well wake up- she’s obviously quite convinced that you need to see…. Whatever is going on.

Follow the bunny. Nori can carry us.

What can go wrong?

It's in the dream world, user.

We the best moon princess.

>1 follow the white rabbit

Further down the rabbit hole we go....

Writing.

Let's do this.

Best lunch break ever.

“I’m awake, I’m awake!” you surrender as the little girl continues to pull on you.

“There’s not very funny, you know.” she pouts.

You chuckle, and briefly consider apologizing, but she’s already dragging you off, her previous attitude lost in her haste.

You remember this path, vaguely. The shaded woods leading out into a open grassy plain, where there would be a tree stump… and rabbits. Lots of rabbits.

However, none of these things are what you find upon leaving the woods. Instead of a bright grassy plain, a windswept wasteland is all that greets you- barren and lifeless.

The little girl is unaffected by this- does she not see it, or has such a time passed that this odd world has changed…..?

She leads you for a ways, before, on the edge of your vision, a figure stands.

Peering over the edge of a cliffside, is the rabbit storyteller from before; however, she seems different than you remember her. Her fur has gone grey, her finery looking worn and rather shabby. She takes long draws from an ornate pipe, before stowing it when the two of you finally reach her.

“Ah, girls, thank you for coming. It has been some time, I fear- and even this place, the prison of our lady, is not safe any longer.”

She sighs.

“I fear this story shan’t be one with a happy ending, my dears. These humans, they have such an overwhelming need to spoil everything they touch- even other humans. It truly boggles the mind.”

The Rabbit storyteller seems to be preparing to tell a tale in progress. Shall you…

1. Remain Silent

2. Speak up. (and say what?)

>1. Remain Silent

>2. Speak up. (and say what?)
Ask how we can help

>1. Remain Silent

Bun bun story time.

>1. Remain Silent

>2. Speak up. (and say what?)
What happened here?

2. Speak up. (and say what?)

"Can humans not improve with guidance? Not all are bad, I'm sure."

OOC, I kinda want the rabbits, but if they are loyal to the whole infinite tsukuyomi shittery, then that's kinda gonna be a hard one to pull.

>1. Remain Silent

>1. Remain Silent

> Remain Silent

They are loyal to Kaguya, yes.

>1. Remain Silent

Things are different. We're not sure what they're up to entirely. I don't think there was a weird ass egg in cannon.

1. Remain Silent
Listen and learn

Kaguya is literally their goddess so yeah. No rabbit coup.

Listening to Bun story

Writing.

Supporting this.

Comfy story time.

Someone drawn Tsuki in a Make Konoha Great Again hat like this.

Make ROOT great again would be better

Has to be konoha.

Root is only a means to an end. Which is keeping Konoha safe and prosperous. What good is roots if the tree is dead.

Better yet, draw Tsuki wearing comfy pajamas and listening to a story.

Just so long as it doesn't drag shitposting in from /pol/

“You might ask yourself- “Are the humans truly so destructive?”

“They are of nature, as we are, after all. But yet, they destroy where we do not.”

“When our lady offered them eternal peace, and freedom from this cycle of destruction, her own sons betrayed her, and sealed her away.”

You remember this story- the tale of the Spirit Tree and it’s guardian.

“But what did her sons do with this power, the thing they so feared?”

“They taught it to the humans. Not even one generation after their death, humanity returned to it’s old ways- with one more weapon added to their arsenal.”

“We observe it all from here, in relative safety- or so we thought.”

“But our lady’s second son, with the intent of guarding her prison, brought an army- bound to him by the ties of family. These people, directly descended from our lady, would surely be less destructive?”

The storyteller makes a noise- somewhere between a cough and a chortle.

“If only it were so. Shortly after they arrived, we took to hiding, for our safety. We were the only other creatures here- surely these humans, with no enemy, all being of the same line, would live peacefully, living out their days guarding an unmoving stone?”

She gestures out into the plateau beneath the cliffside on which you are standing- when you focus, you can see them.

Corpses.

“Isolated from their brethren, they began a dispute over the second son’s will.”

“As so often with humans, this dispute turned to violence. They began the cycle of destruction again, this time on their own flesh and blood. It’s unthinkable.”

Your on fire tonight Wargle, keep it up.

I am wholly enraptured.

“They ravaged this peaceful land, which after it’s creation, was truly unblemished.”

“They left nothing. Nothing for their enemies- nothing for themselves. Certainly nothing for us.”

“Some of them remain, scattered across the ruins of this place. They will likely die out before too long- for that is the lot of humans; destroy everything until the only thing left to destroy is themselves.”

On the battlefield below, you see a single figure- what looks to be a small boy.

He’s digging through the corpses, trying to find something. Food, maybe?

“I can hope for little better for my children. We cannot make the trip back to the Planet, and surely when our warrens are discovered, the humans will take up the hunt once more.”
The storyteller stops speaking for a time- only to begin reciting a prayer.

“Our Lady, please, wake from your slumber.”

“Grant us, your most loyal servants, the salvation we require.”

“Without your divine grace, we are lost- but yet, I pray not for myself but for those to come.”

“Return to us, Our Lady Kaguya, and save our doomed world from itself.”

“Grant us the everlasting peace you so desired.”

“....Please, Lady Kaguya….”

Her voice breaks down into a sob- it’s then you release that the storyteller is crying.

You aren’t sure what to say- the young girl, your companion in this place, is hugging her knees, close enough to touch the storyteller, but does not. Her face seems a mixture of sadness and frustration.

You….

1. Continue to say silent.

2. Offer Sympathy.

3. Offer Assistance.

4. Offer Vengeance.

>2. Offer Sympathy.
>3. Offer Assistance.

> Offer Assistance
I wanna go Vengeance but this seems the most Truki-like thing to do. Ever the the handy one, that.

>2. Offer Sympathy.
>3. Offer Assistance.

#BunLivesMatter

>1. Continue to say silent.

>2. Offer Sympathy.
>3. Offer Assistance.

>3. Offer Assistance.
And a hug. Whatever else little bun bun needs a hug.

>2. Offer Sympathy.
To both the rabbits and the little girl.
>3. Offer Assistance.
"What can I do to make this right?"

>2. Offer Sympathy.

This as well as offer aid. Apologies for been so informal madam bun

>2. Offer Sympathy.

Place bunny girl in lap.

Hug and hold.

2. Offer Sympathy.
3. Offer Assistance
Write in: Join her prayers.

3. Offer Assistance.
>2. Offer Sympathy.

>4. Offer Derision. Why ask Kaguya to save you? Why not fix this world, so that when she returns she does not HAVE to? Why not prove yourselves as the loyal, worthy servants you claim to be?

>3. Offer Assistance.

Offering assistance and sympathy.

Writing.

>Tsuki gets a temporary buff from the bunnies
>Wakes up to find the Sound ninja have attacked her team while she was asleep
>Angry Stellar noises until they're all dead
>Goes back to sleep

You feel compelled to offer something to the storyteller- help, or, at the very least, some sympathy.

While you don’t necessarily agree with the anti-human sentiment, it’s hard not to see why these poor creatures would hold that view.

You reach out to touch the storyteller- and feel a decidedly odd sensation. Your hand goes right through her- as if she wasn’t actually there.

“You are merely a visitor, Tsuki. As much as we may wish, we cannot offer them physical comforts- and our words would mean precious little- even this scene is one from the past.”

You turn to see the young girl speaking, although she is still hugging her knees.

“There is a way to help, though, if you truly wish to. These poor folk still cling to life- but barely. If you were to offer them succor, they would surely aid you in any way they could. To say humans have treated them poorly is an understatement, but you are different.”

“You can save them.”

“You must-” her voice fades out to silence- and is replaced with a terrible headache.
S͒͗͋͆ͭ̍ͮͫ̒ͯ͂ͬ̎͐́̚͜҉̷̙̤͎͕̼͕̙͠A̴̟͍̭̝̩̦̱̞̭͕͆ͪ͌̀ͅͅV̵̧̼͓̞̞̬̫̟̙̤͔̠̞̿́ͮͦͨ͌́͐ͬ͛̉̐̆͞͠E̢ͮ̏̅̎͂̓͑̒̔͑ͧ̋̆͌̾͌ͣ̄͏̮̭̺̜̤͇̰̠̯͉̜̘ ̨̥͈̞̹̲̣͙̣̖̞͖͇̖̦̖̞̺͆̂ͩ͋͆̽͋̓ͧͫ͢T̢̡̰̻̹̹̰̪͇̲́̅ͪ̂̔͂̐̿̎͝Ḧ̷̢̡͓͕͙͈͈̫͙̖̳̿̓̒̋̓̎ͩͫͯ͌̑͞E̷̬͉̘̭̬̮̩̖̗̥͆̔̽͊̎̉̎ͭ͌̿̃͠͞M̨ͩ͛͋́͟҉͍̻̘̪͚

Vampiric blood bunnies for the win

Well, clearly we must be a champion of the downtrodden

It's so wrong for ninja fights to incur such reckless collateral damage!

>succor
>sucker aka fool
You guys are too easy. Also,
>Wanting to be rabbit slave to a goddess that wants to genocide the human race

No thanks, Doesn't sound very Tsukiish.

Welp save the cathulu bunnies

I just figured it'd be blood because you make a blood contract with summons. Eh.

What would be more Tsuki-like? Smushing the downtrodden under our heel?

Succor
noun
1. assistance and support in times of hardship and distress.

Yes thats what corporations do user

>What would be more Tsuki-like? Smushing the downtrodden under our heel?

Not blindly following something. We are smarter than that. Look at things from multiple perspectives.

No, Ignoring them since they did nothing to or for us.

We should embody a japanese corporation.

One that doesnt just blindly run after profits, one that looks after its employees as well.

Making them work for her. But since they're completely loyal to their goddess, they don't see them betraying her. Also, shouldn't Tsuki protect the village from any threat?
The words sound similar.

>He thinks Japanese corps are different from Western one
user, all corps from around the world are brutal and corrupt to a point. The Japanese corps are just better at hiding it.

Gotta admit, while following the bunnies blindly wouldn't be smart, trying to help them out without selling out all of humanity seems like something we might try in the future. We have the egg, and it's obviously trying to tell us something important. Besides, what twelve-year-old doesn't want to do a little savior-ing?

>one that looks after its employees as well

You...REALLY don't know anything about working for a Japanese corporation, do you, user?

>implying all corporations aren't run by idiots

>this
we could be a bridge between the rabbits and humanity, let them see that there is goodness, but also make people aware that maybe super-powered child soldiers might have some negative impacts

>selling out all of humanity seems like something we might try in the future
>Elimiting the customers
Not a good business practice, user. Also, Tsuki is much smarter than the average 12-year-old.

nigga are you blind? did you not read his post?
>while following the bunnies blindly wouldn't be smart, trying to help them out without selling out all of humanity seems like something we might try in the future

I'm not advocating helping Moon Bitch, but I don't think I could stand idly by and let the rabbits go extinct.

I said without selling out all of humanity. Read again.

He doesn't like Bunnies so he's slanting everything.

Same.

I like the sound of both of these. Trying to find some sort of compromise, or at least helping out the rabbits without screwing over humanity, seems like a good goal to have.

to be fair, we actually know nothing about Kaguya, and Wargle's characters have been different from the manga/anime often enough that she might not even be Moon Hitler. I'd be surprised if we were totally unable to convince her not to be the Bad Guy.

...What?

You can barely make out what she said- the pain is intense….!

As you clutch your head in pain, the young girl seems somewhat surprised, before her face takes on a scowl.

̶̧͠͏̕ ͏̶͟͝͡ ̡̢̧͡҉ ̡̀͢ ̕͢͡͞ ́͡͝ ̧͢͟͏̛ ͏̕҉̨͠ ̷̨͢͢͝ ̵̧͠ ͏͞͏̧ ͢͢͝͞ ̕͝ ̷́̀͘͞ ͢ ҉͠͏̀ ҉̷̨͜ ̨͟͞͝͏ ̷̡̕ ̷͢͞ ̵͟ ̵͝ ̕͟ ͘͏ ̧͏ ͜͡҉́ ̶̴̛͠ ͏̷̢̧ ̶̷̧ ̢̨̕ ̶͢ ͏̶́ ̶̨̛̛͠ ̀͏̸̷͡ ̡͝ ̴̀̕ ̶̵͡͝͏ ҉̶̴̢͘ ̵̵͟ ̶̀̕ ̸̶̧́ ͘͝ ̴̀͘͢͟ ̴̶̷͠ ̷̧̛ ̛̀̕͜ ̵͢͝ ̸̀ ̵̵͘͞ ̴̛͟͏͘ ҉̧̕͞҉ ̵̀͘͜N͞҉̢̕͜O̶̵͝͝
̧̀͝͡͏ ̷̸͝͡͡ ̛͞ ̢́̀͜ ̧̡̛̀͡ ̢́ ̧̛͞͡ ͟͜҉͏̧ ̴͘҉ ́͏̷ ̢̕̕͜͞ ̢̀ ̴̸͞͝ ̷̡͡ ̷̵͘ ̵̶͡ ͠ ̵͡ ̷̨̢҉ ̛͜͏̕͘ ̛́͘͟ ̢̧̡͞Ý́́͏͡Ơ͞U͠ ͏҉C̷҉͏͟A̷͝N̶̕N̶̶͡Ớ̷͢T̸͠ ͟͏H̡̕͘Ą̸̡́̀V̸̕͞҉̀E̵̡͜ ̢̛͘Ḩ͝E̴͏̀͡R̕͢,̨̀͞ ̴̧̀Ş̸̧̡͡H͝҉E͘̕͞ ̵Í̢̢̛͡Ş̷̢̕͞ ̵̕͠M̴͟I̸̴Ǹ͠҉͢E̢̧͟
͟͢ ̵ ͜͝ ҉͟ ͢҉͏͘ ̴̸̵̢ ̨̛͏̴ ̷́ ̷̧̀͢͝ ̷͟͏̴̨ ̀҉̷̡̨ ̨́̀͘ ̷̷̢͞ ̕͘ ̛́͝ ͝͏̴͢ ̵̷͠ ̢͟͜͜͢ ͏̷҉̧ ͏̨͟Ì̛ ̛̛W̷̕͜I҉̀͏͠L̨͝͏̀L̵̡ ́́́̀N̵̢Ơ̧T̕͜ ̵̨̕͟͠L̴̛E͏̀͢͟͞T̷̸͘͡ ̧̡Ỳ̵̧Ò͜͝Ú͟͠͠҉ ̸̸̡͞T̵Ą̵̶̶͢Ḱ̷̨É̵̸̡ ͜H̶̷̢͡È̶҉̕R̢̧̕ ̴͏̴̧͝F͜҉͠R̷͟͠O̵̴̢͢͢M̴͜͝ ̢͘͜͞M̧E̴͝
̡̀͢҉ ̨͢͞͡ ͞͏ ̧͜͠͠ ̸̢̡́̕ ̨̧͢ ̵̢̨̛͡ ̡͜ ̸́͟͠͡ ̵͜ ̡͢͝҉̀ ͏͏́ ҉͞ ͞҉̀ ͘͢͡ ̸̴̴͜͝ ̸̡͝͡͠ ̨́̀ ͟͝ ̸̕͢ ̢́ ̀͏̵̡ ̷̸̕̕ ͜ ̢́͠͏ ̀̀͢͏ ̧̧̢͡ ͏͘ ͏͘͜͡͞ ̡҉̷̷́ ̶̡͞ ̶̢̀͢ ̶̷̛́ ̵̷̢̕͢ ̴̵̶̢͢ ̕͞ ̕ ̀͟͠͝ ̶̸̨ ̕͠ ̡͘͡ ̕͢͠ ͏̷̶S̨̨̛Ḩ̀͞͝͡Ę ̸҉́I͡͞͡͠Ş̨ ̵͘̕͢C҉̵H̡́͢O̷̷͞Ś̴̡͜E̡̡͏̵N͏̵͜͟͝

thats the working culture. and its not like you dont see those ridiculous hours in western firms. asian firms do reward that type of loyalty better.

I suppose we might as well get some rabbits in our underground base... I'm now imagining a rabbit in a lab coat testing a vial of something...
hmm

Yeah well fuck you too!