Veeky Forums You are hired by Disney to make an actual D&D ride/show/ect. for one of their parks

Veeky Forums You are hired by Disney to make an actual D&D ride/show/ect. for one of their parks.

How would you make it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=niVo6ARHx_o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4XzlAwWkXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Like a roller coaster, but instead of loops or high speed turns and stuff, you just get pelted by d20s.

Basically a copy of the Indiana Jones ride except you start in a tavern, some animatronic bartender tells you about some quest, you eventually enter a large chamber with a giant Beholder shooting laser and shit, he'll keep popping up, some heroes will show up in one of the other rooms, one will cast a spell, and dead beholder.

Oh. I'd put a trans dimensional portal at the end of the coaster leading to the world where I placed my last Demodragon.

Set it up so one of the park-hands nudges the guests to exit portal, but he's got to stay in character.

t. dungeon master

Nice try Disney! My secret D&D ride will never be revealed!

But seriously, if Disney got the rights to D&D for whatever reason, imagine how obnoxious it would get?

"WHAT MINDFLAYERS?!?! QUICK MICKEY, CAST A SPELL OR SOMETHING"

Rollercoaster ride through the Tomb of Horrors, recreated as accurately as possible while still accounting for being an actually good rollercoaster.

You know Indiana Jones and The Twilight Zone are some of their best rides right? And the former was made before they bought LucasFilm
youtube.com/watch?v=niVo6ARHx_o

>"Garsh Mickey, that's some swell hayat."
>Hyuk-hyuk-hyuk
>Ah-wey-hee-hoo-hoyeeeeee!

>Hall of That Guy

Ah the memories of when TSR under Lorraine Williams got rid of the more mature artwork, nixed the Demons and Devils from the monster lists, and got rid of Half-Orcs because of the implications of their birth and Assassins because players should play things that kill people.

Disney acquiring D&D would be a lot like that except more Goofy.

I don't know, Disney's pretty lenient to their acquired properties all things considered. Hell we could even get a decent D&D movie if that were to ever happen.

>tfw my pass is expired

Fuuuuck. I'm also gonna miss Hyper Space Mountain.

Oh, well, next time I go there though will be in time for Ghost Galaxy.

Shit, I don't have too many ideas for a ride, I'll admit.

This isn't a bad idea though.

Have the ride queue be set partially in a tavern where an animatronic keeper gives you your quest, then you go through some forests, then into 'the dungeon' proper.

Though I'd want to integrate what the riders ride in since all Disney Rides to that. Maybe you're riding on the back of a 'young metallic dragon' ally? Also means portions of the ride would have riders be rocked around simulating dragon steps and other portions involve taking flight?

For a show though, probably have it be some funny slice of life stuff set in a Tavern around Greyhawk.

We never actually SEE the adventures, but we see the aftermaths of them and the Adventurers sharing their stories.

Bits of action would occur when someone is 'thrust into a quest', rather violently at that.

That sounds pretty magical.
Or what if it turns out like the first Kingdom Hearts game, but tabletop rpg? It might be unjustifiably amazing.

>ride queue be set partially in a tavern
Hey, remember Pirates of the Carrionbean? That restaurant in the ride itself? Make the tavern a themed restaurant. Maximize profitable space.

The Blue Bayou? That might be pretty cool. But that's just something your boat passes on the way through the bayou before splashing through and into the Caribbean.

All things given, I'm not sure how or where Disney could really shoehorn itself into DnD given it's a tabletop RPG system. The settings themselves practically are (good) fanfictions write roughly using the rules of the game and races.

This would be the more likely outcome.

The real fear is that if Disney got DnD, they'd have to get Wizards, which likely would mean Hasbro in general.

You know what that means? Planeswalker Mickey

>if Disney got the rights to D&D for whatever reason
I'd love to see Mickey in his wizard outfit, rifling through the pockets of mutilated kobolds while Goofy the Fighter wipes the blood off his sword, and Donald complains about how much damage he took from a pit trap.

Obviously would never happen, but we can always dream.

>The Disney Trinity as Murderhobos
Hilarious.

Also, best part about Donald complaining the damage he took:
>Goofy was the one who activated the traps
>AFTER Donald boasted he disarmed them.

>In Kingdom Hearts 2 Goofy appears dead but isn't.
>Mickey turns totally grim and says in the same voice he always uses "They'll pay for this."
Fucking kills me, every time.

Kingdom hearts is unintentional comedy gold.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4XzlAwWkXQ

>spoiler
That would be an improvement over the current plotlines. Scrooge McOrzhov as well.

One way or another, it would need Warduke.

>New D&D ride opens
>You lock into the roller coaster chair.
>It slowly creeps into the dark tunnels.
>Suddenly loud noises, screeching. Goblin keks and screams
>LOOK UNDER THE CHAIR, the ride yells
>3 weapons, a holy symbol, a crossbow, and a wand. Each has a button, or trigger.
>Fully digital room spawns goblin hordes. You and 2 strangers fight off the hordes with magic and arrows. The cleric buffs damage dealt by the blessed weapon. And can shoot little blasts
>The archer can shoot many arrows at once. Or one powerful shot
>The mage can blast a small area with magic missiles, at long range. Or flamethrower the short range.
>After 5 minutes of screams. Burning sounds. And arrow twangs you leave the tunnel and you see a flash
>It takes a picture of you 3, fresh from the rail shooter. Holding weapons at the ready.

Bonus
>Warhammer ride opens its a haunted house
>Walk down the path
>Some guy with a crowbar attacks you. Smashes your knee and takes your wallet, drops 1st edition.
>Continues on, random people hitting you and dropping new books for you.
>5th edition comes. Gives you first aid.
>6th drops a rock on your skull. 7th pops out of nowhere and pile-drives you to the floor.
>The ride ends and you see the line for the Warhammer fantasy one. Full to capacity. You hear screaming and hobo cackling.
>Surprisingly the age of signal bumper cars looks really fun and not dangerous.

>ride leaves station, turns corner
>actual rocks and boulders are dumped from the ceiling onto the heads of the riders
>returns to station

It would just be like a really boring train ride because most DMs are railroading idiots.

The fuck is Donald even talking about?

Make it a dungeon full of dragons. With live actors playing as different humanoid races.