>Time availability
5pm EST Sunday; can change to Friday or Saturday
>Text or Voice
Skype Text
>Contact Information
Discord for application
discord.gg/r4VUU
>Additional Information
Existing homebrew campaign in homebrew setting needs one-two players. Norse-influenced, very basic and small, newbies welcomed. Level 4. PoW allowed.

What the fuck is going on with gamefinders. I posted in a different one yesterday and now I can't even find it in the archive to copy my post from.

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
No preference
>Time availability
Tuesdays 5p-10p EST
Saturdays all day
>Text or Voice
Either one
>Contact Information
Um, my kik is raisins_and_bran
I don't know what prefered communication methods are here.
>Additional Information
No butt stuff

>>GM or Player
Player
>>System(s)
5E
>>Time availability
11:15pm EST till whenever
>>Text or Voice
Either
>>Contact Information
[email protected]
>>Additional Information
Just be chill and decent people and we will have a lot of fun c:! I Play a Cleric but I'm no healbot.

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
I'll play most anything. I have experience with a variety of games.
>Time availability
Either Saturdays after 5:00 P.M. MST or any time Sunday
>Text or Voice
I'm open to using most communication methods.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Information
I'm completely new to playing any RPG online, so I'm not familiar with things like Roll20, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Some idiots don't use the established format, or forget the title.

Reposting listings on the off chance someone's intrested.

user #1
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
I'm pretty flexible, and willing to look at and probably anything really. I have experience with Shadowrun 5th Edition, and D&D 4th Edition as well as D&D 5th Edition.
>Time availability
Fridays and Sundays are ideal at all hours EST, and Saturdays can be swung depending on hours. If you want more specifics hit me up and we'll work something out.
>Text or Voice
General preference for voice, willing to give text a shot though. Fine with using Discord, Skype, and I have a bit of experience with roll20 and can learn anything else if that turns you on.
>Contact information
Email is [email protected] and you can use that to hit me up on anything
>Additional Information
I'm not really intrested in ERP. I have a fair bit of experience with GM'ing so if you want a little bit of help with prep work and world building I'm fine with contributing what I can, but I don't want to actually run shit right now.

user #2
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
They want to run something space themed if at all possible, but otherwise the same on all counts and the same experience set.
>Time availability
Currently completley free to run at any and all hours
>Text or Voice
Voice only. Same as above, knows Discord, Skype, and roll20 but is willing to learn
>Contact Information
Skype at rikkaarashi or just bug user #1 about it and I'll hook you up
>Additional Information
They kind of have their heart set on playing a psychic character, if the setting doesn't have that then they said that it has to be a high-tech setting of some sort. They would prefer something with both but either is fine. Generally prefers that the setting isn't completley insane whatever that means.

Also, try to be clear about why you're trying to contact. If you're afraid you're reaching the wrong person for whatever reason just mention something about bananas.

>GM or Player
GM (player here posting in his stead)
>System(s)
a homebrew. 2d10 under, pointbuy, not too complicated. Mainly aimed at making fatigue a factor in fights and wounds matter.
>Time availability
GMT 18:00, day varies mostly
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
We'd be playing youths in a Renaissance coastal city, as part of a upperclass city gang. Think Montagues and Capulets.We'll be getting up to no good, pissing off rival gangs and wooing fair maidens all under the shadow of an impending war. The group of players consists of a well-established trio, a relatively newer member and we're looking for one or two more players

do players get many responses? or is it more the GMs that do?

As a GM looking for a player that doesn't want a flood of friend requests pls post I'm desperate for solid enthusiastic players.

Word of advice. It's a GM's market.

You're better hitting up GMs than putting up player lfgs off the bat, putting 'no preference' for system means that no GM in a million years is going to contact you.

As a GM that has advertised before - you will not get flooded, trust me.

I can absolutely guarantee you won't get flooded with requests. I've had posts up for weeks with not even a single email.

>email
Well there's your problem bucko.

new link
discord.gg/XKRtF

What system?

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
The Mutant Epoch
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
Im trying to get a group together to try out The Mutant Epoch. Obviously i tried GMing myself but it din't go so well. However i have all the books needed and can provide them, and im willing to help anyone learn the system.

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
WH40k RPGs in general. Exalted (2e and 3e). Pathfinder. WHFRPGs .
>Time availability
I'd prefer a European Game. Available most afternoons at GMT +2
>Text or Voice
Both or one.
>Contact Information
Discord
>Additional Information
Heavy accent due to living in Paydebtsland .

>GM or Player
Player

>System(s)
Rogue Trader/any of the Warhammer RPGs

>Time Availability
EST Evenings, preferably Sundays.

>Text or Voice
Preferably Voice

>Contact Information
Skype, Andrew Booker, avatar is Ornstein rethinking his life decisions.

>Additional Information
Another guy from a couple threads back and I are trying to get a game running. Neither of us has much experience with any of the d100 systems or FFG RPGs. Other guy's just getting into Warhammer lore, I've been reading up on it for a bit but I'd consider my knowledge decent at best.
Like I said not super experienced with d100 but if we can't find a GM I can at least try to make it work.

Forgot to add if you can't find me on skype you can contact me at [email protected]

>GM or Player
Either
>System(s)
Shadowrun or Stars Without Number for GMing, no preference for playing.
>Time availability
Most evenings GMT
>Text or Voice
Either, preferably voice
>Contact Information
[email protected] or Dax#3552, feel free to add me.
>Additional Information
I'm not very experienced with GMing so be gentle please.

Addendum: particularly interested in a Stars Without Number game, either running or playing.

>GM or Player
GM, of preexisting game that's been running for a few sessions but suffered player attrition, looking to refill.

>System(s)
D&D 3.5, you would be joining at level 4 (8000xp)

>Time availability
Saturday 1700 Norwegian time (GMT+2)

>Text or Voice
Text, roll20: app.roll20.net/join/1487424/AaEXqQ

>Contact Information
app.roll20.net/join/1487424/AaEXqQ
discord.gg/TnvEp
"erikmesoy" on Steam
"erikmesoy" on Nightstar IRC (irc.nightstar.net), usually lurking #dnd channel there

>Additional Information
Condensed skill list: pastebin.com/tqECmLWf

Setting: Elements of Dominions, Numenera, Exalted, Girl Genius, and so on - it is a few years after the age when the dragons and liches and mad scientists and young gods finished burning each other to death and salting the land and nuking one another's cities and spreading plagues and floods and generally fucking shit up.
You are particularly adventurous survivors from backwoods towns that escaped meteor strikes, now gathered in the aftermath of the God Wars to fight monsters, rebuild civilization, clear wilderness, and pillage ruins for artifacts and knowledge and personal profit.

Caster types: No starting with spells or psionic powers over 1st level. They must be looted or otherwise acquired in play.

No clue, I'm just trying to get in a game and I'm shy, so I don't want to contact people. I want them to contact me.

What bird is this?

It's a baitbird, used to encourage people to give a game pitch a second glance.
Green heron.

Ugh. Love the concept but can't do voice. You kill me sir.

>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Homebrew, based off OSR and Into the Odd specifically
>Time availability
Game time planned to be Sunday afternoons Pacific time.
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
Skype @ RuRuRuRufus - Picture is a mess of cramped apartment windows
>Additional Information
This is a custom game and setting set in a world unlike our own; a city of eternal night set in another dimension. Lost people and souls from many worlds end up here, all guns and cars are made of scrap metal and refuse. The city is dangerous, monsters exist in the endless pine forest outside of its walls as well as within the dark places within, but there is opportunity for wealth and happiness there too.

Create a character- roll your stats and pick either a human or an alien based off your stats. Pick your priorities; do you want to be good at Shooting or Skills? High health or armor? Or do you want to develop your psychic powers? Growth in this game is organic, not based on levels or classes but on actual in game achievements and awards.

Warning this game may be somewhat dangerous and treacherous, but great wealth and opportunity exists for those who dare to venture into the dark places of Garden.

I have to go to work soon but if you don't mind speaking to me later about the game I might want to give it a spin.

Excellent. I saw and added you. We can discuss the game later when you return.

Do not play with this man, he is a cuck.

boomp

Same here... such a shame.

you'Re pansies and the ones that do the killing. Just eyes closed and follow the call of the Rapier.

we can still use a guy.

Why did you un-add me friendo??

What's your skype name?

>>GM or Player
Player
>>System(s)
Pathfinder
>>Time availability
Wed, Fri, Sat Evenings (Mountain time)
>>Text or Voice
Both are fine
>>Contact Information
@Fenrir#5335 on Discord
>>Additional Information
Looking to playtest one or two homebrew classes/archetypes I need test some, so either a one-shot or campaign would work for me. If you don't mind if things are unbalanced, or over/underpowered I'd be happy to join a group.

we're probably full but still, bumping for you other guys

Players never get responses.

We essentially have the same crowd of perma-players who never get into games here. And a few GMs who never get players, usually because they are running unpopular systems that the perma-players don't wanna play.

>email

Try a less grandpa-tier method of communication. That being said, yeah. As a GM who has posted on here occasionally to fill an empty slot on a game that isn't making, I wanna say I recieve only a few responses.

But then, I imagine that this has to do with the system's popularity. If you're running D&D or pathfinder or even L5R, games fill very quickly.

If you're running something more obscure, you probably won't see but 5 responses in a week.

It does. Both times when I used this to source players for PF and 5e I was spammed with responses, mostly one-liners from people I would pay money to stay away from my games.

When I tried to run Traveller, on the other hand, I got two players over the course of three months. Game's going strong, but it wasn't quick or easy.

Players never get responses, I just do it on principal in the event that anyone does actually want to cherry-pick players or is looking to see where interest might lie.

By the way no responses yet on anything. So yea...

I have done ads from GURPS over 40k games to homebrew games, and I have never had issues with responses. Granted, more with the 40k systems, but even with homebrews I get plenty

I'm running the PF game at the top of this thread, and I had the weirdest type of response. Basically, a bunch of people came in over a week or so, chatted about the setting and pondered their characters, then after an unpredictable length of days, fell silent.
...aren't you meant to actually JOIN the game before you go silent and leave?
They didn't voice any particular concerns, they seemed keen on grounding their characters in the setting...

That's a weird lack of common curtesy I have noticed. Gamefinder players think they are so far removed from the GMs and groups they don't even need to inform them when they have enough. I even had people that quit games they were in the middle of without a word, where we only knew they were gone when they didn't turn up for weeks.

Like, if you have a problem with the group, at least tell us to fuck off so we know where we're at.

That's the biggest thing that posses me off.

I'd be fine if they bothered to tell me they no longer wanted to llay. Hell, I'd be elated if they told me why, even if it's my fault. At least then I could try and change to be a better GM.

But no, they don't. I'm left here wondering if the reason they stopped coming was my fault, a scheduling change, or if they just got nailed by a truck one day.

Hell, I've had a player who flaked out in one game I've run, show up a few months in a different one after I'd given them the benefit of the doubt, only to flake out again!

2/3 players in the gamefinder are that guy.

There's a reason you're not already in a game. Chances are it's you.

>There's a reason you're not already in a game. Chances are it's you.
No shit. People don't normally come into these threads unless something is stopping them from playing, say, face to face.

>People don't normally come into these threads unless something is stopping them from playing, say, face to face.
Like being poor, in the middle of ruralist of rural country land and having no clue how to find good local gaming stores?

Yes.

Myself i'm just fat and don't want to inflict my fat ugly self on other real people.

Let me join your games!

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Experienced in 5E and plenty of homebrews, willing to learn systems
>Time availability
Friday-Sunday just depends on work
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Looking for either a fantasy game or a heavy scifi game

I know a lot of people who are good roleplayers, who enjoy playing online. In some cases over face to face due to shyness or whatever.

The players in gamefinder are mostly trash though, no offense.

Where do you get your good roleplayers, then?

--And, more to the point, why are you here?

Gamefinder.

You just need to sift through a lot of shit to find the diamonds in the rough.

I'm here to find either games, or possibly players, that catch my eye.

Why are players from gamefinder "mostly trash" -- considering all our That Guy threads and all. Do people mostly do what people complain about in That Guy threads?

The worst part, in my opinion, is the flakes. It's the internet, so It is very low commitment, but people just bail without so much as a word. Very disrespectful to the GM and other players. In one game I recruited 16 people to fill 6 slots over a 2-3 month period. Mind you, the 6 I ended up with are wonderful people who basically always have a slot in my game if they choose to participate.

As for 'That Guyisms', I can't really say as much. Usually just stuff like not bothering to learn the rules, not paying attention and holding up the game, going AFK without letting anyone know, or just blatantly doing other stuff like playing vidya, or even other RPG. Very disrespectful. Oh, and then there's the people who think that their first session with a new group is the perfect time to discuss their sexual fetishes. Unprompted.

As for actually being bad at roleplaying, most people are average. I've yet to find a player who was shitty but actually RP'd well.

This is true. I've actually had quite a good experience with gamefinder threads, but some culling is always required. Cut out the bad players or players that don't mesh well with the rest of the group and you can form a cohesive unit that enjoys the games and gets along well.

Also, to you guys complaining about not getting contacts, you gotta reach out and contact people. It's unfortunately similar to getting a job, or a date--you can't rely on the other party taking initiative or shit will never happen.

>GM or Player
Player. I'm GMing a SWN game and I put a lot of work into it, so I don't have time to be a double GM.

>System(s)
No longer interested in 3.PF, but otherwise SWN, Eclipse Phase, Twilight 2K, and Apocalypse worlds are systems I've played/run off the top of my head, and also enjoy (although T2K's pdf was nightmarish to navigate). I'd like to try out things like Call of Cthulu, Traveller, Degenesis, Godbound, Lady Blackbird, or Human Occupied Landfill. I have a slight but not decisive preference for sci fi or modern.

>Time availability
Most evenings EST except for Tuesday, which is when I run my other game.

>Text or Voice
Text. Sorry, but I can't do voice with my current living situation.

>Contact Information
e-mail: [email protected]

>Additional Information
Won't be able to start till after Sept 5 (after school starts, the job I'm working at over the summer has me on for 60-70 hours a week). Just a week and a half though.

Don't get me wrong, I want to play a tabletop but I'm not driving sixty miles into town once a week to do it. 'Local' is relative.

>GM or Player

GM

>System(s)

A Sentai Homebrew of Powered by The Apocalypse I'm looking to playtest!

>Time availability

Mondays at 6:00PM Mountain Standard Time starting September 5th.

>Text or Voice

Text on Discord.

>Contact Information

Anyone interested can add me on Discord.
Shirou#5762

>Additional Information

It's a playtest so don't expect mechanics or moves to be set in stone or anything. I'm mostly just checking to see if the current incarnation of the system I've tweeked will work.

The first session will be dedicated to establishing tone, setting, characters and who the PC's will be fighting as well as what their team is like and we might do an "intro episode" but other than that it'll mostly be good old fasioned monster of the week action.

What's the system like?
And is a lot of sentai experience needed?

I'm more of a Kamen Rider fan than a Sentai fan

Kamen Rider is fine. The system is... pretty barebones but a lot of fun when you get the "hang" of it as it were.

I enjoy online over face to face because I'm ornery and I don't like people, not because I'm shy. Don't try and pin online players as all shy.

>Player/GM
Player, but our group has a GM and two players, including myself. We'd need one or two more people

>System
Unknown Armies 2e

>Times
Fairly flexible as of yet, looking like Thursday or Tues evenings but we can work out something different if need be

>Method of Play
It'll be voice on Skype and using rolz for dice.

>Contact Info
Skype: mr.nobody1313 I'm in the USA, should have a rainbow-faced monster-guy for an icon. Just make sure you put that you came from Veeky Forums in the 'want to add you' intro message, or I won't respond for fear of bots/fakes that I get every time I post my skype in here.

>Additional Info
Basically, the premise is we're all junior mafia member who've left the main family in Italy and moved out to Greece to start fresh after the Ndrangheta conflict. Basically we're the objectors to that family starting to smuggle hard drugs through the smuggling services before used for cigarettes, booze, and the like, we'd be more classy mafia, looking out for the community and pretty straight-laced, maybe even developing into an anti-gang gang, essentially, with a legit business as well for cover.

Thus far we have a whip-smart and social sister who's pretty meh at fighting and athletics, but is a low-grade, unconscious Avatar of the Trickster. My character is her older sister, pretty tough and good at fighting, and basically the reliable big sis sort. She's also an Epideromancer, though she can't use her magic consciously yet.

Magic is allowed, but will be pretty low-level if you start with it, and mostly unconscious until we get a few sessions in. As for the rest, basically just be reliable and not That Guy. Don't flake, and make sure you've got reliable times off and nothing huge or disruptive going on in the immediate future that will prevent you from playing.

AH, right. We're also all in the USA, so make sure you'd be alright with the timezones. We'd probably be playing around 6pm Central time, maybe a bit later. (6pm GMT-6)

I could still use one more player for this!

Sounds interesting.

I haven't done Unknown Armies or any percentile system for that matter before, so I wanted to ask if that's acceptable before throwing anything out there.

I'm in EST so the timezones aren't really a bother for me.

Eternal Veeky Forums discord link
discord.gg/014SV8uEXpPfyfKEb

Bompy
>found a game
>party is LN, CN, CE and NE
>mfw
>First session
>It didn't crash and burn, what a miracle

Don't go there. Some of them are assholes.

>HOW TO RUN A GOOD TEXT-BASED RPG: COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS

1. Use roll20 (free) or a similar system that allows for text and map to be visible at once. Visual aids are incredibly useful for text-based games.

2. Use a chat system to keep in contact with players between sessions. Said chat system should allow private messaging, group communication, and preferably conspicious posting of information (such as times, events, etc). I'd recommend Discord (free), though IRC groups are a close second. Skype is acceptable.

3. Make a clear distinction between IC and OOC chat. The cleanest way to do this is to set aside the group chat (Discord, IRC, etc) as OOC; and make the group aware that the game chat window (roll20, maptools, etc) is for IC talk, descriptions of events, and dice rolls.

>HOW TO RUN A GOOD TEXT-BASED RPG: COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS PART 2

4. Ensure everyone is aware of the time of game. Do not run without the full party. The reason for this is threefold. It ensures that everyone understands that their presence is valued and important, it ensures that when you have frequently unavailable players that the issue will be one the entire group is interested in resolving, and it will avoid the "Scar of Destiny" problem of PCs being simply not around or GM controlled through major roleplaying events.

5. With the above in mind; don't suffer flaky players. It's better to remove a player who has little excuse for their action (or, those who chose to join a game at a time that they were clearly unavailable) than allow their absences to slow or drag a game to a halt.

6. Focus on ensuring combat turns are swift. If the Gm or a player can't be swift because of outside circumstance, insist on a short intermission until the problem is resolved. Utilize the PM systems on your chat (or the mention system on Discord) to ping players if they are distracted when their turn comes around. If players don't respond in a fair time (compare to the time it took half of the group to play through) then delay their action until they arrive. If they continually need to have this happen to them, then consider treating them as you would an absent member of the party.

7. Talk to your players continually. Make sure they are on the same page in terms of tone of the game. Ask them between every session if there was something you could improve on for them. Actively try to work on utilizing their criticism to improve the game.

>COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS

Always, always, always go with your gut. If you suspect somebody may a cockbag you are probably right, boot him for your sanity.

we're almost certainly full. if another spot gets free, I'm gonna post in another thread

>HOW TO KILL YOUR GAME, INTERLACED WITH USEFUL ADVICE FOR THE EDIFICATION AND FRUSTRATION OF NEW GMS

>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
3.5 / pf
>Time availability
Fri - Sat 9am - 4pm or 5 - 10pm Central time
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Game is fantasy set in the Faerun map with DnD races, but everything else is different. Players will pick a faction to start out in as a sinister change creeps into the world.

First session will be choosing a faction, adapting characters, and a short intro. I play fast and loose with rules generally as long as things make some sort of sense (in a fantastic world)

Bompy

>GM or Player
GM -or- Player
>System(s)
D&D 5e -or- Open to learn, familiar with 3.5 and 5. Would like to learn Fantasycraft.
>Time availability
Pacific time, weekend evenings.
>Text or Voice
Either, prefer most in-character as text. If I GM will be based on the players' wants.
>Contact Information
gonavy.beatarmy on Skype.
>Additional Information
If I GM'd it would be via MapTools, and would be a monster/treasure hunting type game.

It sucks trying to find a GM who plays during the week.

How lewd is your game, Senpai?

>GM or Player
Player
>Systems
WHF 2nd Edition, Any Warhammer 40k rpg, NWoD, Through the Breach,and Iron kingdoms roleplaying.
>Time Availability
Eastern sea boar time zone on weekends is what I prefer.
>Text or Voice
Either is fine
>Contact Info
rustbossshaman on skype
>Additional Info
I prefer playing on Roll20 if that matters any

>GM or Player
Player

>System(s)
D&D 5e, Symbaroum, open to anything

>Time availability
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Preferably after 8pm Gmt+2

>Text or Voice
Voice

>Contact Information

>Additional Information
I'd be up to just join another group, but I'm looking for a group
where the primary language would be French. I want to improve my
French speaking skills so I thought this would be a good way to
do it. I was thinking I could probably justify it characterwise
by playing a recluse, or some druid that only talks with animals and
therefore doesn't speak the common language very well.

>Ensure everyone is aware of the time of game. Do not run without the full party
How to kill an online game in one easy step!

No gaming is better than bad gaming.

If people can't make the damn game, they should be booted, or a make-up session should be scheduled another time during the week.

Nothing kills story and engagement harder than progressing the plot while someone's not present, or entering a situation where someone had a significant planned story segment, but are not in attendance.

Nobody actually wants to play in a bullshit "West Marches" type game where nobody matters and you're just assholes drifting in and out to kill shit with no story whatsoever.

You've never played a game online, have you?

No one is going to show up at another time.

You're better off fast-cycling through problem players until you have a good group, than trying to run a game without a cohesive one.

The guide is for "how to run a good" rpg, not how to run whatever you can scrounge because you're desperate.

But by all means, if you can stand to do it your way, do so; just means you'll absorb the toxic players from the available player pool and make life easier on the rest.

full sorry.

I've run several very successful campaigns over the years, actually. And I've played in quite a few, too.

It comes down to fostering a good group dynamic where people don't mind coming in to shoot the shit online every now and again to make scheduling decisions.

It is definitely a best practice to use ice-breaking and engagement-building activities to increase player engagement and to help people build a rapport.

Really, GMing a game, online or offline, is a lot like my line of work(teaching). Much of the hard work that people neglect doesn't involve the actual job description: It's fostering an atmosphere of collaboration and fellowship, and setting expectations.

>You're better off fast-cycling through problem players until you have a good group, than trying to run a game without a cohesive one.
No shit.

So why are you advocating "trying to run a game without a cohesive one"?

I've rescheduled plenty of games with people. Sometimes, you have to cut people who won't make it, and that's unfortunate, but it leads to a stronger group for those who remain.

>Nobody actually wants to play in a bullshit "West Marches" type game where nobody matters and you're just assholes drifting in and out to kill shit with no story whatsoever.

Were I a player, I'd actually absolutely prefer that compared to "Sorry guys, guess we're gunna have to cancel the session for the third time because another random asshole couldn't be arsed to show up."

It's the GMs responsibility to ensure the game actually happens, and the show must go on. Trying to shift responsibility for the game actually occurring is just setting a dozen other variables up that will lead to your game stalling and dying.

Because you can't always tell if a group will be cohesive and fitting until a bit of trial and error and actually playing with the group.

user, the original post isn't about cutting out shitty players, it's about making room for them.

You're misreading it.
>5. With the above in mind; don't suffer flaky players. It's better to remove a player who has little excuse for their action (or, those who chose to join a game at a time that they were clearly unavailable) than allow their absences to slow or drag a game to a halt.

>the third time, presumably in a row.

At that point, you really need to sit your group down and talk about the direction of the campaign.

Really, you can more often than not salvage a session, as long as a player has the courtesy to give you notification of their impending absence.

But if you've got chronic, repeated unnanounced absences, you've got larger problems than just running a game: Either your scheduled time is fucked, or your players don't care about the group.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I still think it's better to just run with one less player. It's not a big deal.

That's good for rolling dice over a beer and pretzels dungeon crawl (almost; it's still a pain for a GM to work with), but as you start working in characters in meaningful ways to the narrative, it simply isn't conducive to good play to have players absent.