Lisa RPG

I really want to run a Lisa RPG. I am looking for good recommendations on what system would work well for this kind of game.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1aVv66pGL3rM1Yb6YHtnPIL6ot6Pyd09GmHckMVRDz9A/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping for interest, can't really think of any specific systems. But I think there is already a tabletop conversion out there.
Classes would be interesting, though with the amount of characters and stuff, it'd probably be better to go with something more ability based, though that's just my opinion on it. Maybe organizing classes based on weapons? Like all pistol users would be derived from the same class.
Good luck anyway
I'd also be down to play if this ever happens

Also I found this, might help:
docs.google.com/document/d/1aVv66pGL3rM1Yb6YHtnPIL6ot6Pyd09GmHckMVRDz9A/edit

Uuuh, HõL?

I've never played Lisa, but recommending from what I've heard of it.

I was thinking of trying to run a LISA game using savage worlds

A big part of LISA was fighting insane people and mutants while looking for clues that would lead you to what you were looking for. Your party members were not expected to survive and permanent injury was a part of the game.

I feel like the GUMSHOE system would work well for a LISA tabletop game. Check out Fear Itself the Book of Unremitting Horror.

Brad was best protagonist, Rando was best character, and Buddy was an intolerable shitlord.

Prove me wrong.

Lisa

Help

I stopped the joyful halfway through for this exact reason. Literally as soon as rando abandons buddy I quit playing.

For the cover art, I vote for a joy mutant twisted into the rough shape of a d20 (or whichever die the system uses most), with numbers on each side. Unless that's what the current cover art is, in which case, we need it more angular and painful-looking.

>Prove me wrong.
You're not

HoL is unplayable without the expansion "Wholesome Buttery Goodness" that includes character creation and actual game mechanics.... and even then it's pretty unplayable.

The system doesn't really use d20s outside a few edge cases. I'll draw up one as a d10 to fill out the continuum though.

can't, this is totally right.

Honestly I don't really see why the game was loved so much.

cuz it's awesome

because not everyone is as retarded as you.

>Marty being Chaotic Evil
>Not Lisa herself
Someone doesn't know the game well enough

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here

Lisa was evil all along, and when Marty diddled her he was just trying to fuck the demons out? I don't think there's a lot of evidence for that position.

Lisa was evil, nobody is contesting that, but it's clear who made her that way

Dingaling himself said Lisa was the most evil character.

Didn't read you full and wish I could delete post. But Marty wasn't Chaotic Evil.

He raped and tortured his own children for fun, if that isn't chaotic evil then the alignment had lost all meaning

Honestly it's deeper than just, "Raped and tortured for fun" because that wasn't the case. If that is the case then Lisa is Chaotic Evil as she forced others with strong feelings for her to mutilate animals for her amusement and mutilate her. As the creator said she is the worst character which means she should be on the Chaotic Evil spot. Another is that Marty felt remorse and regret after Lisa's death, a Chaotic Evil character would not. Marty is also seen to be nice to Lisa at some points in her life.

I'm not saying Gurps buuuut...Gurps.

I don't do gurps, but what are some good ways to stat stuff like joy addiction or the mutants in GURPS?

>Marty felt remorse and regret after Lisa's death, a Chaotic Evil character would not.
He expressed remorse because Brad was about to beat him to death. He wasn't sorry, he was trying save his own skin. And even if he did feel bad at the end, so what? Is remorse a get out of jail free card, where no matter what you do, it doesn't make you evil if you regret it?

>Marty is also seen to be nice to Lisa at some points in her life.
Child molesters showing kindness to their victims is a common and extensively documented phenomenon, it doesn't change the fact that they rape kids

I'm going to call your bluff and assume you aren't just one of the GURPSfags who spans this every thread regardless of its content. What books should I use to run LISA the Painful RPG in GURPS?

Not that fag, but you could probably adapt Horror and even aspects of Super Powers to it, maybe.

1.All American Badass
2.Exploding Hearts
3.He's My Dad

Debate me.

Okay, so, I absolutely hated the Joyful, okay?

But that scene, that ONE scene, the one that happens when you see Brad through his various states, that one scene almost redeemed the entire god damn game for me. It's SUCH a good way to close a character arc like that.

I enjoyed Joyful, but the best part for me was the "I'm sorry" ending with brad and his dad. That fucking murdered me man, explained a lot about brad, moreso than just his failure to protect his sister.

Apocalypse World. The specific apocalypse is player generated, so The Flash can be worked in easily, and other weird aspects of LISA. The different playbooks work well for the different abilities of a party from LISA. AW has rules for psychosexual dramatic impact, gangs of crazy weirdos, and reactive environments of interconnected wastoids. Pretty much perfect.

I see this game all over the place

What is it even about? Is it any good? Can I play it with a controller?

>What is it even about?
An apocalyptic world where only men are left, but the protagonist finds a baby girl and tries to defend her. It has a very Mad Max feel (and multiple references to it). The game is half "feels" and half dark humor.

>Is it any good?
It's an RPG Maker game, so although Dingaling did an impressive job tinkering with the game's engine to make it something special it's still your typical turn-based RPG. The positives, though, are that there are a few dozen party members to collect and most status effects work on just about every enemy you fight (and there are almost no random encounters, so each fight is pretty unique). The story's pretty interesting and there are a few interesting choices you have to make throughout the game, so you're best going in blind.

>Can I play it with a controller?
Yes, though I'm not sure if the game got updated with official controller support in a post-release patch, so most of the button prompts were still keyboard keys when I played.

>Is it any good?
Amazing. It really explores a lot of meaningful and stressful choices, has a wonderful story and characters, and I love the soundtrack. It's quite depressing at times, I know a depressive friend of mine had to stop playing for that reason. You're definitely best off going in blind, so try to avoid spoilers.