Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Morning Bread Edition
The Iron Warrior cannot lay siege if you disable his hand Sub-Edition
That last one can apply to all of the traitor legions except maybe the SoHs. Cutting off the topknot will only ruin his telepathic communication with his brothers. No evidence suggests a SoH librarian can be disabled if his topknot is removed however.
Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/index.php?s=e3a138c39d22095c71d5018caf5beb39&showtopic=1941&st=0&#entry22145188
1d4chan.org/wiki/Deathwing#History
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Legion-Mastodon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for guess what's in the package

Iron Warriors stuff.

I want to go with There's so many of you Ironfire riders it's almost disturbing.

How useful are meltaguns/multimeltas as close range fire support? I understand the whole issue with Hardened Ceramite, but heres some context for use in my army:

Playing Salamanders with ROW that Mastercrafts melta weapons, in an army that will mostly stick together (IE no one as a static firebase in deployment zone like lascannon teams), and primarily I am looking at heavy support squads with multimeltas.

Essentially: Are MCed Multimeltas good for blamming terminators and medium vehicle threats, or are there better options?

On another note, does the combi part (IE flamer of a combi flamer) count as a flamer, or a combi weapon? I ask this because the rules for Salamanders state specifically that it is flamers, heavy flamers, and hand flamers that benefit from the +1 Str, so does this apply to the combiflamer?

I need some help with building an Alpha Legion army.

I'm more of a collector than anything, so I'd rather have many units and choose a list from there.

I also prefer FW resin to plastic and I'm not a richfag, so every starting choice counts.

I'm deep into lore so I'd like to make the army lore-acceptable and quite detailed.

So far I thought about getting an apothecary and some Mk II marines. I already have Autillon Skorr.

Terminators are a must I think, But I dont know which ones. A master of signals is on the way too.

I thought about getting 20 or so marines, a big tactical squad or two medium or four small ones.

Maybe heavy weapons? a tank?

I've also planned to make three custom marines with varied parts to represent saboteurs.

I love those vents.

Definitely not alpharius

>But I dont know which ones
Get 5 Cataphractii and 15 Tartaros. I say this as an unbiased user and clearly not a Tartaros man.

I was planning on buying the event exclusive terminator praetor with combi-volkite and thunder hammer and on making a Lenarean squad of 5, so maybe 10 and 10 of each kind?

I believe you can make elites count as troops with Autilon Skorr, so I could as well field many terminators.

It's Alpha Legion so I dont discard any kind of army configuration.

I love the Glaive too, I'm more worried about the basic marine troop choice

How does it feel knowing your Primarch is dead?

Only half is dead and only maybe

Remember, Guilliman killed him again after the heresy.

I just hope FW comes up with a decent miniature for him or them

He has another one.

>Alpharius is dead

How are these in-game?

Worth getting for bigger games?

Agents of the Warmaster when?

you should buy tons of the Raven Guard Snipers, they are da bomb

I thought they were only good as a flamer suicide unit not, you know, as actual snipers?

>lion el jonson named after a gay english poet

News at 11

is he at least a cool gay english poet?

Used to have a different name.

Close enough, armour through the ages marine who shall be one of my commanders or warsmiths, although I'd probably want more bionics for warsmiths

I was going to make that joke but it's happened so many times in the last threads I thought it'd be cringier than my blogposting

>Remember, Guilliman killed him again after the heresy.
In a battle that no one involved even believes occurred.

You lose 1 strength and if you play mind games with your opponent before hand they won't have armoured ceramite so I'd say yeah MM>LC
With master craft as bs4 and then ap 1 guarantees a kill
They'll both kill termies but MM dosent have gets hot and instant kills the 2w variety
So yeah MM all the way
I think the flamer part of a combi flamer is mastercrafted but not the bolter part, FAQs have the answers or just email forgeworld
Hey not all of us use the iron fire some want to smash our enemies with the hammer of Olympia

Because Guilliman got rekt.

Further proof of Alpha Legion involvement.

There isnt solid proof that Alpharius is dead. Dorn may have killed a posessed body double (more machine than man, as described in the text), explaining how he still recognized his brother inmediately (his "soul" or essence was in that body)

Gay or bi
The Rock was a gay club near the GW base
Catholic priests and monks are all Faggots why else would they hide trope
Anything else you missed the last 30 years of Warhammer

Hoi lads,

How's this look for an Iron Warriors Armoured Breakthrough list?

Master of Armour - Sicaran with AC, Dozer Blade, HKM, LC Sponsons, Armoured Breakthrough

Predator - LC Sponsons
Predator - LC Sponsons
Predator - LC Sponsons
Predator - LC Sponsons

Veterans x10 - 2x HB with Shrapnel Bolts, Sgt with AA, Combi-weap, Power Axe, Rhino with HB and Shrapnel Bolts
Veterans x10 - 2x HB with Shrapnel Bolts, Sgt with AA, Combi-weap, Power Axe, Rhino with HB and Shrapnel Bolts

Seekers x10 - Sgft with AA, Melta Bombs, Power Axe
-LR Proteus - TL Lascannon, AC

Iron Havocs x10 - Sgt with AA, Scanner, Melta Bombs, 10x ML, Rhino
Vindicator - LDA, Dozer Blade
Sicaran Venator - Dozer Blade

That's just a corruption and refers to the whole thing as a chapter not just a chapter within the legion

Just stop with the Alpharius meme, nobody likes it or the Alpha legion.

Thanks. Certainly will roll with them cause they are just so awesome.

Also just saying, Salamanders rules are Flamers = +1str, Meltas (with the ROW) = MCed. So if it were a combi melta, I think only the melta part would be MCed (like you said with flamers)

Originally, Dark Angels were american indian space marines.

A long long time ago

Don't bullshit.

The novel established

1-Dorn can tell Alpha from a marine double
2-Alpha exploded into warp energy and light that looked like Sneks
3-Omegon felt for the first time that he is....alone. Truly alone.

4-You should eat a dick.

Unless you have anything solid from the novels, then piss off with your headcanon.

>Dornfag autist detected.

Alpha Legion has in fact a very strong following by fans and writers alike.

Their story runs deeper than most of the legions, and even into 40k

Just waint and see.

Either that or the legion has three primarchs.

Is it normal for a primarch to explode? to explode into warp energy?

Something fucky is going on and Alpharius is either not dead or not quite.

>Is it normal for a primarch to explode? to explode into warp energy?

Did you forget that Ferrus had a warp tornado burst from his dead body and punch into the Warp?

See when Ferrus died, user.

Omegon can't feel Alpharius being alive anymore. He's dead, Jim.

Then Alpharius died a shitty death.

Or a shitty written death

I'm calling alpharius shards into various alpha marines so they become squabbling warlords so the emperor can give a speech about how he wanted to stop that from happening
No, the a squad of death wing selected to purge a genestealer cult from the place they had been originally recruited from which was future Cherokee land, and because they all died the rest of the deathwing honoured their sacrifice
I think that's what the story was but if you have sources I'll end the debate there

Well, let's see what Laurie Golding has to say about it, shall we?

z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/index.php?s=e3a138c39d22095c71d5018caf5beb39&showtopic=1941&st=0&#entry22145188

>It's definitely Alpharius. And he's definitely dead.
Oh, would you look at that.

It may be that I thought his death was particularly shitty?

It almost means nothing in the bigger story.

Maybe they'll bring him back somehow?

Why does the text say his body seemed more machine than living?

Why is Dorn such a fucking psycopath?

>Senpai can't die a shitty death! He's better than that!
Fucking deal with it. BAfags, IHfags and NLfags all deal with their primarchs being dead, you can too.

Based Goulding.

F

Because he is the good version of Perturabo he has the opposite version of Pert's ability to feel the Eye's presence. Dorn can feel every wall in existence. Metaphorical, wall-like, actual walls, he can feel them all. He knows when a summer breeze is blocked by a stone wall on a feudal world, when hive Gangers mark their territory with spray cans on the under hive walls, and when someone builds a wall that ruins a bound between a friend.
Don't forget the SoHfags.

F

>No, the a squad of death wing selected to purge a genestealer cult from the place they had been originally recruited from which was future Cherokee land, and because they all died the rest of the deathwing honoured their sacrifice
>I think that's what the story was but if you have sources I'll end the debate there
Isn't that a story the Inner Circle made to prepare marines for how Luther betrayed the Emperor and Lion and destroyed Caliban?

F
;_;

So Alpharius wears mkIII armour?

>his super power is Wall-sense
I want all of this to be true about Dorn; its like something someone would build in Mutants and masterminds

That's not Alpharius

I wouldn't call it mk3 just yet. Horus's Seperent Scales had features taken from mk3 and mk4. Alpharius might have liked the look of mk3, decided to add it to mess with people's heads, or you it's actually mk3.
It's my headcanon and the writers never said that Dorn doesn't have wall sense.

>the writers never said that Dorn doesn't have wall sense.
welp, i'm sold!

That reads like a dwarf fortress description

I'm not seeing it, but now I want to describe 30k things in a Dorf Fort manner.

The old Alpharius is dead.

Long live Alpharius

1d4chan.org/wiki/Deathwing#History
1d says suspected to be, lexicanum makes no mention of it, original fluff may have been that it happened. But GW retconned it to be a half truth as you put it

Mastodon looks so fucking derpy when seen from upside, it somehow reminds me of a mole. It's shame we only get to see it in SoH colours again.
forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Legion-Mastodon

It looks like shit.

It has no ground clearance.

It can't go anywhere save for very flat surfaces.

And it looks like shit

Did the White Scars use mk4 armour? They dicked around so far away in the crusade I almost expect them to all wear mk2 & 3. Thoughts?

>implying it doesn't make flat surfaces as it goes

Mostly 2. Some 3. I'm building mine in 4 just because I love the way the assault squad torsos for 4 look.

Anyone with photoshop skills want to make this thing purple so I can see if I want it for my EC?

Its not perfect, but i think it should help.

We got Omegon at least. Though the fuck runs off somewhere. No surprises if he did actually become a Grey Knight.

I feel it would have been better if it were a little more streamlined

Eh, its still a BRICK, it may as well be a brick with a turret. higher ground clearance would help, maybe 2 sets of tracks on each side (front and back sets) rather than one?

Not a very good representation, but that's the best I can give you.

>reading Hack Library

>Brother, can you see anything?
>Everything is grape flavored!

The mouth is too big in comparison with front tracks, if it was smaller it'd be more aesthetically pleasing without reduced functionality because it doesn't matter if only one marine at a time gets out when melta cannon slags everything beforehand.

To BH friendo, how else do we know anything about the heresy .

That's MkIV arms and MkIII. We can't see the chest very well, or even the legs, and he's not using helmet. But if you want to, we can speculate about it? That's what Alpharius would have wanted.

>Dorn can feel every wall in existence
What can each Primarch feel?

>Vulkan
Can feel all the things that are also a hammer

Hi /hhg/

How would you guys achieve this effect?
Looking to do something similar for my MK2 Jump Packs?
Would it be just wire attached to the base and then lots of flock?

>Corax
Can feel all the shadows in the universe

>Fulgrim
Can feel all the drugs in all the universes

Vulkan feels every fire in existence.
He can tell if you smoke from a galaxy away.

Humm, maybe like this? the i was mistaken, the cowling on the tracks makes them look like a single unit.

Nah, the whole front part should be smaller, it should be more pointy.

Here. Had to convert it to pdf, so the images are all fucked. But its an interesting oldhammer read.

Pertuabo can always see the eye of terror, but also feels every wall being broken down and the pain of the men charged with charging machine guns

Flashy nips

You just read the FW books and make sure to ignore BL publications whenever possible.

Eh, it's only the first couple sentences to be honest

>What can each Primarch feel?
Alpharius and Omegon can feel it when the other one is pretending to be other, when one of their sons is pretending to be one of them, and when the other is pretending to be one the other disguised as one of their sons disguised as one of them and so forth. Horus can feel every one of his children's topknots and every little thing about them. Lorgar is a bit tricky for me but it's bound to be something spiritual in nature. Leman can feel all of the booze in existence and the howls of all wolves. Khan feels everyone who wants to go fast's desire to well go fast. Frank can feel all the head jokes told on this board. Sang can feel every assault cannon and everyone's sins he has to die for. Morty can feel how much diginity BL wants to take from him. Curze can feel every injustice in the galaxy and when his resident Fangirl gushes/faps to him. Rowboat can feel all the disorder and any that he could put a spin on. Magnus feels every post that says he didn't do anything wrong.
These ones about Fulgrim, Caw Caw, and Immortan Vulkan are fine.

Six glorious Horus Heresy books by Forge World, available for download with a simple google search

Hey HHgen, how do I Coils of the Hydra?

I'm stuck on the 3 troop choices. I want to be able to choose my pick of Mutable Tactics so I can't just get 3 tac blobs and always pick infiltrate. Assault marines? Breachers? How do I fill up 3 slots when I can't have more than 10 marines in a squad since they have to have a rhino?

Few ways around the issue.

You can take Autilon Skorr as your Warlord, then you can select "Master of Ambush" as his trait. This gives him and 3 units Infiltrate.

You can take Assault Squads as your core, since they Deep Strike you don't need to worry about transports.

How is the Sicaran Venator? It looks pretty cool, thinking about maybe getting it.

Pretty new to 30k, so I need some help with my list.

Praetor tribune - Potl

Contemptor Mortis - xarmour, twin kheres

2x Vets -(10) twin Hbs, marksmen, sarge with combimelta and fist

Seekers- (10) Sarge with power wep

Terminators (10) - cataphractii, 2 autocannons, 2 lcs, 3 cfs, 1 combimelta, 4 pairs of lcs, grenade harness

Its one of things thatt depends on what you're fighting. If you have the cash, the points and the tanks to wreck then go for it, it is pretty cool.

I think it looks pretty cool too, dunno how it plays though. Anyone have an opinion of the Fellblade, or should I take Perturabo instead? Or both, if I do Primarch's chosen?

Please format your list better user. That way it's easier to know what costs what without having to check the books and enables others to give advuce easier. But it doesn't look bad. I can't tell what your Cataphractii have because of the abbreviations though.

Maybe like this?

Fury of the Ancients 2k Iron Warriors, "Wrath of Bitter Grandpas"

-HQ
Delegatus, 65

Forgelord, 85

Primus Medicae, 95

-Troops
4x Dreadnought Talon, 375 (1500)
+DCCW, free
+Plasma Blaster, 20 (80)
Total, 1580

Dreadnought Talon, 125
+DCCW, free
+Plasma Blaster, 20
Total, 145

Complete Total, 1970

Still don't know how/if I can make this list better.

Good at stopping things with danger weapons; typhoons, D Strength things etc. If you know your opponent isn't bringing anything like that then it's a waste

Looks like tractor or bulldozer.

Literally any other HQ choice is better than a Praetor Tribune

Get those terminators a transport already. They're not going to make it slowly walking up the field, and there's better ways to get autocannons into a list. Speaking of which, you don't have enough ranged anti-tank, even without the autocannons being shut away in a land raider.

What legion are you playing, by the way?