Warhammer 40k General

Holy Terra! Not Another Edition!

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/new-titles/new-feat/keeler-image.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

claimed in the name of chaos

How are soul stones made!

You get them from Space Marine Storm-shields, Silly.

y'all got any good art of the admech?

Hey guys, did you know?
Orks are a melee race!

could someone plz link the deathwatch codex?

> Git yur dakka on ye grot

Wait I thought you got them from harvesting the frustrated tears of jealous ork and chaos space marine players.

JEJEJEJEJE
>cheapest artillery in the game
>mele race
The problem is that you people can't play orks.
Playing all boys is stupid and limiting to the combat solutions you are given.

I don't know what you are talking about friend.
With my Blitz Brigade core i kill everything i face off against ...as long as i get first turn.

Do you guys remember that guy Xenosmile who was boasting about his 10/10 tyranid fandex, that we would be talking about for months? did he actually come up with the goods in the end, i am kinda curious what he ended up making

Here is some of the best magos.

Facing Orks at 1850 points. How fucked is the ork player?

+++ Penitents Repentias and Friends (1838pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1838pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (56pts) +

Ministorum Priest (56pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, The Litanies of Faith]

+ HQ (255pts) +

Canoness (120pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Elites (177pts) +

Repentia Squad (177pts) [Mistress of Repentance, 7x Sister Repentia]
··Sororitas Rhino [Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter]

+ Troops (320pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (550pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad (170pts) [8x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Penitent Engine Squadron (160pts) [Penitent Engine, Penitent Engine]

Depends on the ork player.You are prepared for ork boyz but if he comes in mechanized/artillery and takes out all your melta by focusing it first you will be in a lot of trouble.

Can any of your stuff deep strike or infiltrate?

which race smokes the most WEED, DUDES?

>New rumors for a chaos update coming from all the sides

Is this finally happening or are we having yet another asshole "leaking" bullshit for attention ? I can't take the wait anymore.

Dominions can outflank and scout.

Seraphims and Celestin can deepstrike.

You might make it. Unless the ork player gets first turn.

The real question is why you expect anything other than GW's current blend of shit fluff, ugly art, and unbalanced rules from it.

take 2 gorkanaughts and watch one get one-shotted turn one and the other get curbstomped by turn 2

Dark Eldar

>gorkanaughts
>artillery
mek gunz are the cheap artillery you git
lootaz with their 48'' range are artillery like
they will curbstomp you if they get turn one
especially if the player is smart and make all his *artillery* units into min squads to average out his shooting better

Guardsmen

Better question : why do you even post about a hobby you manifestly hate.

What are you going to do if and when the Ork dex gets improved and Orks are no longer I2?

>‘Delightful,’ he murmured. ‘Keeler is quite explicit. The Emperor is not a god. He disavows any effort to name him so. You see, here? She states that it was her encounter with daemons in the presence of Horus Lupercal that drove her to extremes of belief. If daemons exist, then to her a god must exist too. The universe could not be so cruel, otherwise. The existence of a god was necessary to counterbalance the horror of the warp. The Lectitio Divinitatus is based on a lie. Imperial faith is based upon fear. The “saint” admits it.’

The Imperial Creed is bullshit? It's all lies fabricated by a scared woman that everyone thought was a living saint?

You guys lied to me!

I3 would still be shit and GW will NEVER EVER try to improve Orks anyway. Watch the next Ork dex be worse than the current one.

Welcome to the Imperium

Source?

blacklibrary.com/new-titles/new-feat/keeler-image.html

>Eisenhorn
Didn't expect that.

Initiative 3 would actually make boyz able to beat the basic units of tau, gaurd and necrons in close combat though.

Normal SoB are better than orks at melee and they are terrible!

I recently bought the Renegade box set, simply because I've wanted a Knight since they were released and Renegade seems to be outright the best way to get one (or two, rather). Plus I could get the box for only $85.

Even though I've got no plans on playing them in a game of 40k, I'm still magnetizing both of them, partly to make the Renegade game a bit more interesting down the line.

So I've got two questions;
How likely is it that there's going to be another upgrade sprue like the one that came with the Warden/Crusader?

And is the actual Renegade game any good? It looks like a bit of fun reading the manual.

>GW will NEVER EVER try to improve Orks anyway

Unfortunately I've came to the same conclusion. At best we can hope for middle of the pack. GW just doesn't know what they want from Orks.

I tried battle company first time yesterday. All that scoring potential was delicious. Still lost because kill points were included in the mission and because Nemesor can score maelstrom points double. It was a good game anyway.

Can a unit from one faction fire a weapon that places a blast or template over models belonging to an Ally of Convenience?

How many tactical marines can you fit up your ass?

With or without tearing?

A full ten man squad with vet sarge, heavy and special weapons and a rhino.

A MSU Battle Company worth.

I believe this is already fine-tuned enough, but I'm still gonna give /tg a try at telling me if there;s something wrong with it:
HQ1: Tech-priest dominus; autocaduceus of arkhan land 135 WARLORD
HQ2: Tech-priest dominus; raiment of technomartyr 135

Troop1: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
Troop2: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
Troop3: 10 Vanguard 100
Troop4: 10 Rangers; 3 arc rifles, omnispex 165
Troop5: 5 Vanguard 55
Troop6: 5 Vanguard 55

Elite1: 5 Infiltrators; taser goads, flechette blasters, omniscient mask 205
Elite2: 5 Infiltrators; taser goads, flechette blasters 185

Heavy1: Onager Dunecrawler; icarus array 125

1500pts, Mechanicus allowed a single CAD, only CAD+Ally allowed, no formations or LoW

No.

The renegade game is kinda boring. Melee is op and additional weapons are kinda pointless.

Deathwing Knights or a squad of termies with two TH/SS and an assault cannon against Tau?

The plans is to send a sacrificial distraction nought in a drop pod turn 1, then outflank with my Ravenwing and deep strike deathwing turn 2. An allied detachment at the rear for some safety from tableing. I've got one squad of termies and want another or my knights.

>Deepstriking Deathwing Knights

Don't bother. Anything they want to assault is going to casually walk away from them as they get torn apart in shooting.

When I bring my Deathwing (and never against Tau who get full Ravenwing brought against them) it is to make my list more friendly.

Assuming you are using the Deathwing Strike Force take one command squad with the apoth and banner, two TH/SS and cyclones with your HQ and then you put an Assault cannon in a unit of 6 termis, 2 TH/SS, 1 Lightning Claws the rest with storm bolters.

At least you get to use some of your TL shoot/run run/shoot bonus. When I dont bring my Termi Int Chap with MoR because he is with the Ravenwing I give the Termi Lib the relic bolter I can't remember right now.

I have wrecked Tau many times, especially FSEs but never with Deathwing.

Dont have the points for full ravenwing, but I am bringing the Lib with Foe Smiter and int chap on bike

Is there any lore which has how the Old Ones defeated the C'Tan? I know that they used the Eldar, and maybe the Orks.

You get them from Crone worlds for some reason. Is there a given reason for that? I'm not really sure what the connection is there.

Eldar and Krork. Necrons tuckered themselves out dealing with the Ctan and killing the Old Ones, thus leaving themselves unable to actually fight the armies of the Old Ones.

>Is there any lore which has how the Old Ones defeated the C'Tan?
They didn't.

Story goes like this in short:

>necrontyr try to kill old ones
>fail miserably
>c'tan show up
>discount robot bodies for everyone
>start losing the war
>old ones populate galaxy with weapon races orks, eldar....
>start to win
>oops, warp gets fucked up
>enslaver plague, everyone dies

Basically, their weapons blew up in their heads just as they were starting to win.

>how the Old Ones defeated the C'Tan?

The Old Ones didn't defeat the C'tan. The C'tan and Necrons defeated the Old Ones and at the moment of their victory the Necrons turned on the C'tan.

Kars crash-lands on Necromunda.
How fucked is he?

>be DW Codex
>pair shooting Terminators with Veterans
>pairing 12" movement melee units with 6" movement shooting units
>don't pair Vanguard with bikes

GW doesn't hate melee!

Wrong.

That's Oldcron fluff.

In the Newcron fluff, the Necron and C'tan alliance was unstoppable. The Old Ones and their allies were pushed back to their final strongholds. As the Necron began to besiege thses strongholds, the Old Ones overuse of psychics unleashed the horrors of the Warp.

The remnants of Old Ones were caught between the implacable march of Necrons and the Warp Horrors they unleashed. In short order, they were destroyed and the C'tan feasted well that day until the Silent King made his move.

how come 1d4chan doesn't have an entry for /m/?

It feels like the Orks were half-finished as a weapon against the Necrontyr. Unless the Old Ones had something they could use to aim them at an enemy.

Why don't you ask that board you /m/echafag? Or do you just want the easy 'lel their is a tau page' response.

Please rate my 1500 point list for a tournament.
Codex Chaos Daemons
1500 points
CAD
HQ
>Keeper of Secrets – 270pts
-Level 3 Psyker
-Warlord
- 2x Greater rewards
-1x lesser reward

Elites
>5 fiends of Slaanesh – 175pts

Troops
>20 daemonettes of Slaneesh – 205pts
-Icon of Chaos
-Instrument of chaos
-Upgrade on daemonette to Alluress
>20 daemonettes of Slaneesh – 205pts
-Icon of Chaos
-Instrument of chaos
-Upgrade on daemonette to Alluress

Heavy Support
>Daemon Prince heavy support – 340pts
-Daemon of Slaanesh
-Daemonic flight
-Lvl 3 Psyker
-Warp forged armour
- 2x greater Rewards
-1x Lesser rewards
>Seeker Cavalcade – 100pts
-1 Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh
--Exalted Alluress with 1x Lesser Reward
-1 Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh
--Exalted Alluress with 1x Lesser Reward
>Soul Grinder of Chaos – 205pts
-Phlegm Bombardment
-Warpsword
-Daemon of Slaanesh

Telepathy or Slaaneshi physics powers? one of the powers allows me to deny overwatch which seems worth against shooty armys and fucking TAU, but invisibility and shrouding is great as well.

Since we are talking about Necrons...

The Newcron version of the War in Heaven has a massive plot hole.

What exactly happened to the Warp Horrors? They were there when the Old Ones were getting their crap kicked around but then they disappeared. The Eldar seemingly haven't been touched by them because as the Necrons finished up with the C'tan, they found out that the Eldar became an ascendant galactic power that posed a existential threat to the Necron Empire.

psh, /m/ is more like necrons

Didnt the enslavers just sort of take millions of beings and then fuck off back to the warp?

Also did the enslavers worship a particular chaos god? Or were they independent beings?

Also consider this - if the the lore is true and the war in heaven was 65 mya (when dinosaurs died lol) that means that the tyrannids were just probably finishing or finished eating the 12th galaxy in their way before the Milky Way. Which brings me to this - do the same chaos gods exist in other galaxies?

Hello fellow friends. Some past edition I posted that I wanted to enter in the inmerse world of Warhammer 40k and asked advise to select a faction.

I decided to go with Deathwatch or Dark Angels.
The doubt that I have now is: As many of them are kind of separate from Space Marines, It is possible to combine pleb troops from the SM and having the champions of Deathwatch by playing with the Codex of Deathwatch?

You mean up until elves and greenskins declared POOL'S CLOSED and sent them off to the edge of the galaxy.

>Didnt the enslavers just sort of take millions of beings and then fuck off back to the warp?

Just the Old Ones. The Eldar didn't seem to have suffered much from their invasion.

And the Enslavers are animals and not really Warp creatures because they are not made out of warp energy like daemons. They are flesh and blood and can exist naturally in real space.

>sent them off to the edge of the galaxy.

The Necrons or the Enslavers?

The Necrons didn't go anywhere. Saw the Eldar coming and then went to sleep. The Eldar didn't bother to try waking them up.

Enslavers are independent warp entities.

>do the same chaos gods exist in other galaxies?
the materium and the immaterium are connected (sorta) so technically yes.

How active they are, will depend on psychic activy ie. races developed enough to have psychic capabilities.

Interesting, so do you think there's hope that GW could bring back the space frogs in the future from whatever dimension the enslavers took them to? Would be a good way to shoehorn in a new xenos race - THE REVENGE OF THE OLD ONES, NOW WITH MORE TENTACLES

They are each separate armies. If you want to include units from one list, you will need to include them somehow in a separate detachment (unless you play unbound)
you can't just take one choice from this book and another choice from that book normally (again, unless you play unbound)

>The Newcron version of the War in Heaven has a massive plot hole.

It has fucking loads of plot holes. It's the shittiest aspect of the entire setting and ties into fucking nothing. It's set up for something that didn't need set up and contradicts itself with constant retcons and rewrites.

The Enslavers don't take people anywhere. They latched on to people's brains and, you know, enslave them. Next they turn them into warp portals to bring more of their kind to repeat the process over and over until the while victim race is destroyed.

Don't these dumbass GW writers have one dude who's suppose to be in charge of the lore, why can't they keep their shit straight... oh let me guess, EVERYTHING IS A LIE GUISE!111

I blame Matt Ward.

What were the Eldar doing while the Old Ones were getting their shit kicked in, is one.

me :3

how many guard vehicles are based on the chimera chassis?

all of them except for the russ?

They were getting their shit kicked in as well but managed to survived while the Old Ones did not. Probably because the C'tan and Necron prioritized wiping out the Old Ones first.

As in models or lore wise?
There's only like 4 or 5 physicals models made by either company, but lore wise it's several more than that, pretty much all the transports and logisticall vehicles would be built on the chimera base

Ok, gonna read about that.
Besides, that also includes into the internal factions of SM? Like If I want to make some like The Imperial Fist and others as Salamanders

Correct, you cannot have to different chapters of space marines in the same detachment (again, except for unbound) as you need to declare the entire detachment as one chapter.

While we are on the topic I would love to see a light tank built on the chimera chasis, although I don't think there's any role it could fill that a russ or hellhound variant already does

Anyone thinking of actually using this?

like a hellhound with a lascannon or battlecannon?

Sweet a new assault tank for SoBs

Oh wait who am I kidding, another SM toy.

>It's an SoB fag won't stop complaining episode.

>fast av12 with a battle cannon
Love it
Giving hell hounds all the same options as russes would be amazing

Do we really need more IG tanks? I find it hard to even find a Guard player who fields actual fucking infantry.

At least is not i2 or Landraider fag.

I used to run two 50 man platoons but I got tired of scooping so many dead bodies up so often.

Please respond

Newfag here

I'm slowly buying boxes of orks so I can slowly learn how to play the game.

How many units do I need to maybe get a skirmish going so I can learn what to do

I currently have the start collecting box, a box of boyz, lootas & burnas, nobs, and a box of killa kans

What else do I need just to get my feet wet?

>during the 90s, Warwick Kincaid from FW told me they were working on a missile launcher chimera variant
>still waiting for it

Please FW.

Running blog is fun but removing that many bodies a turn gets annoying.

That's the Manticore. It was FW for awhile and then moved to plastic.

Don't really need more than that to do some basic games, just get a nice opponent who's willing to do some casual intro games at a low point level so it doesn't get overwhelming.

Welcome to the game!

This is the list I've been playing for a while now.

I've started to feel that it directly counters my best friend (Tyranids and sometimes a giant Slaaneshi blob) too much and want to make some adjustments while keeping the idea of it in place. Any suggestions?

Blogs do have extremely high casualty rates, dont they. but seriously youre right, although blob guard vs green tide can be awesome