Rifts

Perennial Savage Rifts, Palladium Rifts and Savage Worlds thread.

RIFTS RESOURCES: txt.do/58m2k
New Savage Rifts books (updated 8/22/16): www71.zippyshare.com/v/53Smd77D/file.html

How Many Vampire Intelligences Does It Take To Screw In A Lightbulb? Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QE-6rK7yIprdaaSU68oSpKLMozeKJljd6DiySGLiJhg/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SC9HAu27pPB5T6Qc1xl80BMg0vP7NkNbqXum6-sp12U/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My question from the last thread is, if I add the following stats to power armor/robot armor/vehicles, would it make the game too complex?

>1. Sensor rating to detect things (replaces the Notice skill);
>2. Stealth Systems (including ECM) as camouflage to avoid detection (replaces the Stealth skill).
>3. Firewall to protect against hacking (acts like an opposed Hacking skill for the platform).
>4. Active protection systems (free counter-attack to stop incoming missiles).

There are a lot of combat stats, but not much interesting to do with all those cool robot sensors and systems. At least not in game numbers. Adding these stats would allow lower-power classes like City Rats, Scouts and Psi-Operators to do cool stuff in combat other than firing guns, and back those tricks up with numbers rather than just GM fiat.

This would also give players more interesting choices when choosing armor & vehicles. Rather than just taking the one with the most Armor, they could choose something with better Sensors for a scouting role, better Stealth for an infiltration operation, or better Firewall if they're expected sophisticated hacker opponents. The trade-offs would allow greater variety in power & robot armor.

Thoughts?

Should Cyber-Knights have actual cyberware?

Do you currently have a game going or is this just a thought exercise?

If you don't then I would just wait and see if you get a group together that HAS operators and city rats and worry about it then. In the meantime It just feels like extra work for works sake.

That being said, the ideas seem interesting, should post updates of what you come up with rules-wise. Just a simple +2 to opposed rolls or something for hacking or stealth seems easy enough to implement.

As promised, here is an editable version of the Savage Rifts Armor chart

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QE-6rK7yIprdaaSU68oSpKLMozeKJljd6DiySGLiJhg/edit?usp=sharing

And here is the OCC/RCC megalist

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SC9HAu27pPB5T6Qc1xl80BMg0vP7NkNbqXum6-sp12U/edit#gid=0

And attached is my Rifts combat cheat sheets.

Im retarded, added wrong attachment.

Yes

That's a very clean and simple Palladium character sheet. Well done.

Thanks, I find the official sheets and most user made ones offensive. I try my best in all games to limit a character sheet to one page. Cant always do it, but when I see 4-5page sheets I get physically and autistically upset.

Same here. The Palladium sheets always gave me hives.

I have a request. People have said several times in these threads that the "old" chase system in Savage Worlds is better than the new one.

Could someone post the old one? And explain why it's better? I don't see anything wrong with the new one but I'm curious.

Here you go, Im not gonna read them but I cut the old and new chase rules so you can compare them

Nice, thanks!

Semi related question

Anyone know if these bikes are statted in any of the Palladium Robotech or Macross books?

Would make more sense to just allow City Rats etc. to use Knowledge (Electronics) to operate sensors in a vehicle or giant robot.

Stealth systems and active protection systems really aren't a thing in Rifts. Getting the most use out of them requires high altitude, and most combat vehicles have low max altitudes.

They're in the Robotech:The New Generation books.

They're actually fairly good as they have an auto-dodge. (Although apparently dodge doesn't work for ranged attacks so not too good...)

And now I reread the Rifts book and it specifically states you CAN dodge ranged attacks, while elsewhere it says you can't.

Goddamn Siembieda is retarded.

Know where it says you can't? I haven't read that before. Also a bike with auto-dodge, thats sick.

That was changed back and forth a few times. Ranged combat used to be an almost unmodified d20 roll vs 2 or 5 or so with no dodge possible.

Well, it's Auto-Dodge when in power armor mode. Don't think you get the auto-dodge in bike mode.

Also the Lancer can parry lasers.

Honestly I think it changes based on where he's cut and pasting from.
Pretty sure both Systems Failure and TMNT and Other Strangeness had "ranged dodge at minus ten" along with Rifts Ultimate. I think those all cut and pasted from Ninjas and Superspies. The ones that cut and pasted from Robotech are dodge allowed.

There's a reason those rules need a complete rewrite and revision, but it will never happen.

Which is a shame, because Palladium plays in a much more simulationost way (not to be confused with realistic - just inthe sense of things being very fixed in values) compared to the slightly more abstract savage worlds system.

>to operate sensors in a vehicle or giant robot.

City Rats generally don't pilot power armor or robot armor or vehicles. They could roll on Electronics as a skill, but that still leaves the question of differentiating between quality and range of sensors on various platforms. A power armor suit wouldn't have the same capabilities of a skull spider walker.

>Stealth systems and active protection systems really aren't a thing in Rifts.

No, it's a recent innovation in high speed computing and digital sensors.

>Getting the most use out of them requires high altitude,

That's not true. Most are mounted on land vehicles like tanks and APCs. See, Merkava with the Trophy system and the new Israeli Eitan APC.

If a 'bot has better sensors, that'd just translate into a +1 on the Electronics roll.

Automated systems to shoot down missiles exist in real life, but only a few vehicles in Rifts have them.

You have to remember that Rifts technology is supposed to be haphazard. Even the CS are high tech in some instances and low tech elsewhere.

New Germany is probably the most consistently high tech faction in Rifts, in that they're kind of like the Coalition States without the CS's enforced backwardness and repression. In a lot of ways they're basically modern Germany only more militarized and with advanced technology. Everywhere else, even the cyborg armies of Russia, is a schizophrenic mess of high, medium, and low technology.