Stat her

wecome to worm's shadow general

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit
reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/4w15u4/earth_bet_tech_scape/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tinker 9
is it bad that I kinda want to reform both her and Siberian and make a real family?

She's also probably got a trump rating in there, like Squealer had (I think?) a mover rating.

Shit user don't remind me about Worm I need to back to head back to college. I can't get back into reading right now.

do it, then learn Weaver Dice and become foreverGM so I have someone to fucking play this with

So how big is the difference between the old and new version of Weaver Dice?

Would you recommend playing the old more complete version or is the new version that much better that I should bother with making up a few quick and dirty fixes of the not yet finished parts?

I haven't even seen the new version, so go with the old

scratch that, I'm looking at the new version now and it's basically just a slight rewrite of the old with some better rules
so go with the new
docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit

>wecome to worm's shadow general
good luck not getting chased away by the same autists who spammed the mods to ban /erp/ or /wst/.

I don't know why Worm would be shat on by those guys, wasn't their thing anti-lewd? Worm isn't lewd at all until people start making jokes about dumb shit like Tinker sex toys

I understand that no one minded Taylor murdering Alexandria since everyone lost trust in her anywy but why exactly was everyone ok with her killing Tagg? I mean he was certainly an asshole but he didn't really break any rules.

>Below average physical stats
>high mental stats (Ego, Int)
>Lots of durability (PD/ED damage reduction, and probably either a high con, or extra stun
only defenses for the ability to shut off pain.)
>big VPP for Bio Tinker stuff.
>+1 dcv, for small size.

>Psychological Limitation: Casually Violent
>Psychological Limitation: Sadist (Later bought off)
>Psychological Limitation: Dislikes Cursing (later bought off)
>Physical Limitation: Child Sized
>Hunted/Watched: The Slaughterhouse 9, more powerful, non combat influence.
>Hunted: PPD
>Social Limitation: Villain
>Reputation: Homicidal Bio-Tinker

He was that much of an asshole.

It probably helped that Tagg was almost irrelevant next to Alexandria.

I actually just finished reading for the first time after starting two weeks ago, and now there is a worm shaped void in my reading time. Does anyone have any reading recommendations for something similar?(preferably less grim)

>Does anyone have any reading recommendations for something similar?
The other two novels from Wildbow, Twig and Pact are usually seen as pretty alr-
>preferably less grim
oh ok then
Seriously, does that guy have a fetish for hopeless suffering with no escape and is just magical realming his entire readerbase?

Read wormfics or read twig.

People who want worm lewds have QQ anyway. They wouldn't need this thread.

Miss Militia hushed it up because she wanted the director position.

>Worm's Shadow

I don't know what this is

Is worm's shadow related to the other Worm series that I remember being really popular the other year? The one about the superheroes?

ask him yourself in the IRC
>tfw you actually talked to the madman and it turns out he actually doesn't drink at all
what the fuck world, how can someone who writes so much sadness and depression and hopelessness NOT require alcohol?

it's the same thing
this is the shadow general for Worm, because we're apparently not really allowed to talk about it

"Shadow" as in shadow general, since a lot of talk in these threads is about Worm itself and not just about its tabletop game.

Suprisingly enough /co/ actually has some really great Worm threads that always manage to go until bump limit and are devoid of bitching that it only technically is /co/ material

It's the 'shadow general' because Veeky Forums is just far to smug To indulge itself in 'capeshit fanfictions' and /co/ bitches over the fact that worm isn't actualy a comicbook/animated and that it does not belong.

If worm didn't have a fledgling roleplaying component it wouldn't have anywhere on Veeky Forums to really put itself.

>How to defeat world ending threats:
>Step One
>Make Superheroes and Super villains cooperate for more than 24 hours

Fuck, we're doomed.

this is the first time i heard about this thing. from what i read it's about some teenage superhero that gets into some fucked up shit with other superheroes. what's so good about it?

Pact and Twig most definitely.

Your mileage may vary with Pact but so far Twig has been GREAT.

it's got a rather realistic take on "what if humanity got superpowers"
like, one of , if not outright THE best representation I've seen.

Oh, well now I feel dumb.

I should probably get around to reading it eventually (I post a lot over on spacebattles so I hear about it all the time) but it looks impenetrably long at this point and has a fucking infinite number of spinoffs and fan works that the community around it is intimately familiar with. I'm not adverse to reading or anything, but working full time and having weekend tabletop games leaves relatively little leisure reading time and it honestly looks like I would have to read nothing but Worm for months to catch up

The story and characters are nice I guess but far from perfect, the real draw is the god tier worldbuilding.

>non-bomberman outfit
I forgot about that
man Uber and Leet were a couple of dumbasses, with all their fucking power, they couldn't win JACK SHIT

>it's got a rather realistic take on "what if humanity got superpowers"

Keeping in mind that Watchmen came out in 1986 and dozens upon dozens of works from "Kickass" to "The Boys" to that "Strong Female Protagonist" webcomic have tackled this subject in their own way with varying degrees of tact and quality since then, what makes this particular one worth the time?

god
tier
WORLDBUILDING

Memeing aside
>dozens upon dozens of works from "Kickass" to "The Boys" to that "Strong Female Protagonist" webcomic have tackled this subject in their own way with varying degrees of tact and quality since then
>what makes this particular one worth the time?
You are right that the idea isn't original or special, what makes it worthwhile is simply that it is another great take on the idea.
Superpowers started appearing in the 60s and the author did an excelent job at working out how history has changed around that until present day, taking the whole world in account (although it does focus on America since thats where most of the story plays out).

>"Strong Female Protagonist"
Which one is that? A lot of comics have those nowadays.

Do you like IT GETS WORSE? Because Worm has a hella lot of IT GETS WORSE. And so does Pact.

Yeah but they had fun, right? isn't that what really matters?

didn't they get the everloving shit beaten out of them and then promptly got thrown in jail?

We don't actually know pretty much anything about Uber and Leet. They weren't in the story very much.

I'm pretty sure they later on became part of Coils reserve team, but I'm pretty sure that the story stopped mentioning them after Echidna.

They were at the debate where Coil 'killed' his identity, and Taylor got blinded. They were also (possibly?) with Coil right at the end, at his final showdown. I think they might have got one mention post-timeskip, too, but I don't really remember.

That said, they didn't really do anything any of those times.

Sometime after them leaving town post-Coil, Leet bites it and Uber gets mixed up in some serious shit in south america before getting birdcaged.

oof, that sucks, I always thought they were going to turn around and become celeberties for gaming, making cool shit for kids and doing competitions for charity and shit
that would have been a lot better use of their powers.

getting out of a life of crime is hard for people who aren't powerful enough to make the government say "how high?" when they say "jump", I guess.

>uber
>birdcaged.

What the fuck happened!? Birdcage is for the scum of the earth, not 'regular' supervilliens.

Also Canary. Plus, it's Uber. He's a colossal asshole, and after losing his best friend he probably just did whatever he wanted.

Despite how a lot of the fanfiction likes to portray them, Uber and Leet were pretty much scum. Not the type to do charity events, unless it's them crashing said event to rob it.

Committed some murders irrc. They did let him out when it was final battle time though.

what fanfics do they even show up in? I haven't seen them much outside of crack where characterization is gonna be piss anyway.

A few fics tend to make them decent enough.

Tagg even had a family, we saw his wife and IIRC he also has two daughers. How fucking depressing must it be when nobody cares about the death of your father just because the person who died in comparison was way more important?

I bet they all hated him too.
Really though even if he was an asshole, considering he was said to be Simurgh bombed and maybe going insane from that it is pretty depressing that he had to die like a bitch with his family left like

If you were to run a game in worm where would you base your game? And when?

Japan, 1998

Who'd be the main threat? Levi or the folks who went nutty in his wake like Black Kaze? Or the Yang Bang?

Nice, there'd be some pretty gnarly capes coming out of there like look at black kaze

naturally the goal would be to stop Leviathan (some plot device of a cape with precog would warn them)

Why not all three?

>Worm
>Realistic
The S9 would have got drone strike spammed to death after the first town they emptied.
ESPECIALLY with all the tinkers making drone technology even better.

How in the fuck was there not a single tinker who specialized in making waves of efficient drones that only plot armor would save you from?

That'd be dope I've thought of doing something similar but in Sydney when Levi hit and absolutely fucked it and with Nic precog. I've also toyed around with the idea of having them trigger because of the attack and maybe even together.

*no precog

The protagonist can do no wrong.

It's really really not. It's first draft and unedited. Pacing shot to hell and back. Needlessly grim, many very stupid worldbuilding pieces.

What it is however, is really evocative, with an integrated and coherent worldbuilding, with a believably badass protagonist with issues as long as not my dick and the last epilogue is not in my headcanon because fuck that.

>The S9 would have got drone strike spammed to death after the first town they emptied.

They were. Several times. That's how Breed specifically was killed.

It just didn't get all of them, because the S9 weren't idiots. They stuck to areas that were a) inhabited, b) already in chaos, c) outside of the control of law and order, and most importantly they knew how to make a fucking exit.

Seriously, did you forget how Piggot *already* bombed them in canon? How do you think Crawler and Mannequin died?

God damn, this is one of the worst things about the Worm fandom. Idiots that don't realize that the stuff shown *on screen* already disproves their dumb Frodo-posting theories.

>How in the fuck was there not a single tinker who specialized in making waves of efficient drones

Oh yeah, forgot this part.

IT WAS FUCKING DRAGON. SHE ALREADY DID THAT. ON SCREEN, SEVERAL TIMES. AT THE END, HER FORCES WERE NEARLY STRONG ENOUGH TO BEAT KHEPRI AT HER HEIGHT.

thank you.

>Breed

Jesus Christ don't remind me of that freaky motherfucker. I can only imagine the horror.

Seriously, if there's one person (other than Nilbog) that's worth shooting cruise missiles at an inhabited area to kill, it's fucking Breed.

And at the very least Nilbog is an entertaining guy.

he wasn't the worst though
this is your PSA that Grey Boy fucking existed and his power lived on inside fairy queen.

>They stuck to areas that were a) inhabited
That doesn't mean shit unless they are litterally humping on civvies 24/7 to protect themselves, which the story shows they don't do. And even if they did, their history shows that whoever they are up on is 99% likely dead anyways, might as well just add them as collateral damage.
>b) already in chaos,
Makes it even easier to drone strike their ass and ignoring civilians.
>c) outside of the control of law and order,
So is ISIS, and we manage to do just well against them

Imagine drone technology, tracking, and facial recognition improves severalfold from what they currently are due to tinker techs that are close enough to modern technology we can extrapolate and adapt them and they lose tinker tech status, becoming the new norm.
Hell, worm didn't even address THAT.

>Idiots that don't realize that the stuff shown *on screen* already disproves their dumb Frodo-posting theories.
The point is they could have done it far sooner instead of letting mass serial killers loose because it's 2 hard ( not really ). It doesn't take an AI to drone strike a group of a dozen people and harass them constantly.

Fuck, Jacks power only lets him predict what shards are doing it really doesn't make any sense how mundanes didn't just gun him down.

>Hell, worm didn't even address THAT.
It does, but you're too busy fapping to fanon to actually care. Hear: there are only two tinkers that can reproduce other tinkers tech, only one of those is into mass production, the maintenance issues still come up, and tinkertech is a black box as far as normal engineering is concerned.

>It doesn't take an AI to drone strike a group of a dozen people and harass them constantly.
Yep, it takes volunteers. And they kept dying.

>there are only two tinkers that can reproduce other tinkers tech
WHICH IS A FUCKING PLOT HOLE
It's made clear the tinker tech is merely sufficiently advanced technology.
There would be at least SOME tinker tech that could be reverse engineered to become common tech, otherwise HOW THE FUCK DID THE CIVILIZATIONS THAT MADE TINKER TECH INVENT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

>Fuck, Jacks power only lets him predict what shards are doing it really doesn't make any sense how mundanes didn't just gun him down
Siberian's power, Bonesaw's work, mile and a half range, and you know, the sheer WMD scale of the S9 sheer destructive potential. Shatterbird. Bonesaw.

I don't remember but was it ever mentioned what was going on in and around russia all those years since Scion appeard?
If my slav parents are to be believed all big russian cities used to be completely controlled by various mafias, maybe make a campaign about a few local citizens who had enough of the organized crime and the corrupt police and try to free their part of town from the filth.
As usual in Worm things will go terribly wrong as the local mob tries to make an example of the PCs since the usual course of action for newly triggered parahumans is to either join the mob or have fun getting your family members mailed to you piece by piece.

Maybe it could be one of the main plot points, if you have powers you either join or bad things will happen because for some mysterious reason they always manage to find out.
Maybe it takes a week, other times just a day but they always know if there are any fresh parahumans around even if no one was around for their trigger and they never told anyone about it.
The PCs for some reason never were found out and part of their mission will be to find out just how the mafia is doing it and why they managed to slip though. Maybe have it be special tinker bullshit set up all over the city and after realizing that they all triggered in the same general area they find out that the parahuman detector in that location was broken. Or perhaps an enslaved Trump who can detect superpowers and decided to ignore the PCs because he is hoping that they could free him if they managed to stay off the grid.

Fucking hell I'm getting way more into this than I expected. I'm going to start working on fleshing out the campaign right away and then never fucking use it because I don't have people to play with.

Definitely too busy fapping to fanon and random musings. Provide citations.

because
ya know
THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF TECHNOLOGY BEING MERGED TOGETHER TAKES MORE THAN 70 YEARS TO REVERSE ENGINEER WITHOUT SUPERPOWERS

There were a few words of God on Russia. It's exactly as bleak, but with added superpowers.

I don't have to provide citations, it only tells me you don't know as much about the story you're trying to defend.

It was explicitly states tinker technology is the technology of other civilizations the entities have been to.

Don't be such a pedantic asshole. The reason all your ideas are trash in Worm is the same as they are in real-life. Drones don't get used on domestic soil very much (if at all), and even in our world criminals can evade the law for decades, or forever, despite having numerous local and government agencies after them. That's even without all the problems Earth Bet has to deal with. Supervillains, crumbling government institutions, difficulty in maintaining infrastructure, or fucking Endbringers all over the place.

Seriously, nothing you've said is anything other than retarded, and I'm not even going to bring up the actual S9 members that would render a drone strike a ludicrously bone-headed move just by their virtue of existing. The real reason you're such a knob-headed fucktard is that your idea of what's acceptable to governments and civilians is completely twisted, and you have no fucking idea how unfeasible what you're proposing is.

Seriously, comparing the S9 to fucking ISIS? A handful of super-powered individuals versus a huge regional movement that operates openly. Yes, beautiful. Elegant. Not even stupid in the least.

A much more practical comparison would be how the government has successfully interdicted Mexican cartels with drone strikes all over the USA, thus stopping the flow of drugs over the border, except OH WAIT, THE VERY IDEA IS MORONIC!

It was actually only 30 years. Scion appeared in like, '82 or something, and capes weren't a big, widely known thing until around the late 80's.

Plus canon starts in 2011, so in practical terms it's more like 20 years. Considering that Behemoth showed up in '92 and shit started going downhill soon after, there was probably less than a decade where the resources that could be devoted to tinkertech were enough to be really significant.

>A much more practical comparison would be how the government has successfully interdicted Mexican cartels with drone strikes all over the USA, thus stopping the flow of drugs over the border, except OH WAIT, THE VERY IDEA IS MORONIC!
The VERY key diffidence is that lack of kill orders and the red tape.
If the government ever got the go ahead "kill these fuckers on sight, don't worry about getting permissions or if they might be civilians ( their sacrifice will be remembered )" it would be a very different story.

You're saying government can't do anything, you're forgetting that it's because they are paralyzed by bureaucracy. When that's done away with, you get very quick and effective change. See: any violent revolution around the world.

I could have sworn Word of God said shards started popping up in the 60s
but if I'm wrong it only serves to prove my point further

>WHICH IS A FUCKING PLOT HOLE

It's directly addressed several times in canon, you fucking mong. That's where the tech-boom of the 00's came from, and it's the only reason that a beaten-down world like Earth Bet even has smartphones and LCD TVs.

Provide citations as to how easy it is to reverse engineer alien technologies made by super intuitive people calibrating their shit with cosmic background radiation, weather patterns, gravitational events, and other random factors that we don't even know about and who also use extradimensional shenanigans. In 40 years. For billions years old technology that kept being refined by shards.

Go on, give your smartphone to a random guy in an Amazon tribe, don't tell him shit about the whole global network it needs to even be able to function, let alone be reproduced (because you're not even fucking aware of it), and wait for the miracle.

And this is 4 to 7 orders of magnitude easier than what you're proposing to do.

When you have capes who have superintelligents and a LITERAL AI HOLY FUCK, it's really not that hard. It literally would only be a matter of time. But in the mean time, while you wouldn't have caught up billions of years, you would have leaps thousands.
Another problem. Why is there only one AI?

because there was one Tinker who could make them
and he died
and he specifically coded Dragon to only ever be in one place at a time, unable to self-replicate or modify her own code.

I knew that about dragon, forgot the guy who made her was an autist and he was the only one who could

>If the government ever got the go ahead "kill these fuckers on sight, don't worry about getting permissions or if they might be civilians ( their sacrifice will be remembered )" it would be a very different story.

No they fucking well couldn't, retard.

Because if the government could *kill* them easily once the red tape was gone, they could *arrest* them easily now. Seriously, there are agencies involving thousands of people working round-the-fucking-clock to stop drug smuggling, and they've never made a god-damn dent. If you want anyone to believe your stupid opinions on the subject - which are contrary to all the presented evidence - then provide some real fucking citations, shit-head.

Or, let's shift the example slightly. Take modern-day street gangs, like for example the ones in Chicago or LA. They've been responsible for MASSIVELY more deaths in the last 20-30 years than the S9 were on Earth Bet in a similar time frame (if far less horrific deaths, admittedly). They are known. They exist in the real world. The government has never been able to suppress them, even in the times when military force was used.

So, again, why would they be able to stop the S9? Much smaller group, much better at hiding, much harder nut to crack in terms of power, and with less resources on-hand for the government.

So given all that, I repeat my earlier statements (or at least paraphrase them). You're a completely knob-headed, shit-brained, mongoloid fucking retard, and every opinion you (and the horde of mental pygmies like you) hold is moronic.

Kindly fuck yourself off the most convenient cliff.

reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/4w15u4/earth_bet_tech_scape/?
Rekt.

I wager you have an issue with both your capacity at reading what is written and at interpreting it correctly. Such as your incapability at understanding an analogy, and also your stupid as fuck question that could have been solved by reading Worm.

Are you one of those fanfic authors that haven't even read the material in the first place? You sound as fucking stupid.

3+3=6 and I shouldn't have to lead you by the hand for you to get that.

>Because if the government could *kill* them easily once the red tape was gone, they could *arrest* them easily now.
Killing is far easier than arresting and imprisoning user.
>Seriously, there are agencies involving thousands of people working round-the-fucking-clock to stop drug smuggling, and they've never made a god-damn den
Because the US government doesn't have jurisdiction in mexico, and by the time the smugglers are smuggling into the US they have the resources and size to be comparable to a government themselves, and focused on successfully smuggling.
> Take modern-day street gangs, like for example the ones in Chicago or LA
No one gives a fuck about street gangs. Why? Because the red tape and risk. When police have "no go zones" because their hands are tied while the criminals aren't, the problem is that the gangs are too tough to crack.

and what exactly makes you think that the S9 wouldn't be as hard, or HARDER, to crack?
because, you know
FUCKING
SUPERPOWERS
THAT NEGATE MOST OF WHAT WE WOULD USE AGAINST THEM ANYWAYS
SIBERIAN FUCKING EXISTS
NEED I SAY MORE
fuck I hate stupid people

>isn't
And you guys literally can't even make the argument the S9 is too strong, because Jack was literally captured alive by one non-cape.
Sure, that wouldn't happen if he wasn't alone but it is evidence he isn't superhuman enough to survive a sufficient amount of firepower. And he's the leader too, so if he was taken out the roaches would scatter.
Read above.

And the S9 aren't, apparently. Even though they are walking around with at least two WMD level parahumans, two that are very good at killing other parahumans, and one last that makes nukes a really fucking stupid options because it would probably only make him tougher.

That image annoys me, by Tagg's response.
He wants Parahumans to be living weapons for the state, he's not constant "they are worthless garbage"

>Killing is far easier than arresting and imprisoning user.

God damn, no it fucking isn't! Also, I never said 'imprison', I just said 'arrest', so I guess your reading comprehension is as abysmal as everything else about you, you cock-gargling fuck-minister. Both killing and arresting require knowledge of the individual's whereabouts and the ability to project sufficient force to subdue them.

Why the hell would you assume it's somehow easier to launch a drone from a far-away military base than it is to just send a bunch of cruisers from the nearby station?

Honestly, just read this and (for once) try to actually understand what I'm saying, you brain-dead autistic fuck. If the government in real-life knows who a criminal is, has reasonable suspicion that they have/are going to commit a crime, and knows where they are with enough precision to drone-strike them, then they can just fucking arrest them.

God damn, how are you this fucking stupid?

>and one last that makes nukes a really fucking stupid options because it would probably only make him tougher.
There's always the JJBA solution of "fling his immortal ass into outer space". Not sure how it could be done, but I'm sure there would be SOME cape that could pull it off.

Oh God you're so fucking dumb. Jack only has his slicing power against normal humans indeed. Plus whatever improvement Bonesaw gifted him. But they move as a group. Stop picking and choosing what you want to, Jesus. The S9 aren't Jack. It's Jack, and Bonesaw, and Shatterbird, and Siberian, and Crawler, and the fucking Mannequin.

Oh, you mean, in the Simurgh's vicinity? Yeah, good idea!