Eternal Crusade

Hype level: Zero.

This is a video game, correct?

It's the Warhammer 40k MMO.

Isn't not going to be an open world now and just a fucking matchmaking lobby too?

>Still no space wolves

Yeah, I think I heard that. And no F2P ork boyz, which is the main thing I wanted out of it.

>From a MMO to a pay to play action shooter with a subscription
At least BFG was fine if repetitive and even if the SM DLC is making me dread the rest.

>And no F2P ork boyz, which is the main thing I wanted out of it.
I heard those were still in, but it was going to happen post-launch.

In the Grimdark year of 2016

Warhammer 40k games are destined to fail

>It's the Warhammer 40k MMO.

So it's a video game?

>it went from factions fighting factions to a shitty cod clone of lobby vs lobby

I'm so sad at this.

>In the Grimdark year of 2016
>Warhammer 40k games are destined to fail

Fuck you, Deathwing is coming out this year. Don't jinx it, bitch.

AKA probably never.

Well, we originally hoped that it might be more like a 40k imvu, which is why the F2P ork boyz mattered. But yeah, it's been cut back to basically a video game.

Yeah, it still might be something decent, but nothing compared to what it was originally going to be.

Made by the devs who swore up and down there was a secret true ending in the game only to reveal it was never achievable("oh no one of the level rankings was broken, how could that have ever happened?") before adding in a real one.

What about Battlefleet Gothic?

glad I didn't preorder

It's not bad, but it's repetitive as hell

I heard one or two lunatics managed to get a full 10 playthrough once.

It's more like star wars battlefront than an mmo.

>it went from factions fighting factions to a shitty cod clone of lobby vs lobby

To be fair, there never was a version of the game where it was an actual planetside style faction vs faction game. That shit was what it was hyped to be, but the devs that originally promised that shit didn't deliver anything, and were replaced by the current ones, who have done their best to salvage the shitheap that was left for them.

I for one, am happy with even just a Warhammer 40k: Battlefront game.

I still don't know how to block in that game.

Hold both right and left mouse buttons down.

Well, it was supposed to be an MMO.

Yeah, it's honestly not that bad if you don't compare it to the original promises. This is why people don't usually tell you what they plan to do until after figuring out what they actually can do.