The first just happened

the first just happened

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o8JK_CrWiBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Could you use that to get 2 copies of a single nonartifact creature? Copy it as artifact, then coy the artifact? Or does it not work because the spell does both at the same time?

D E S I G N A T E D

>tfw no matter how popular the Kaladesh setting is it's only going to become Phyrexia fodder.

No, because you have to choose targets as you cast the spell, but you only get the tokens as the spell resolves.

They would resolve simultaneously, so no.

No, but you can use it to get two copies of an artifact creature.

You have to declare all targets first; you can't "partially resolve" a spell and then declare targets for the next part of it.

well damn. I've got a huge johnny boner for copy effects, so if there was going to be a leak to get me excited this is it.

I kinda hate how they use these symmetric shiny art for promos and the regular card art is mostly just boring

Just compare the Abzan rare elephant and its intro box promo version.

You'd have to pick both targets on cast, you can't have a creature become an artifact then choose the second target.

>if the setting focuses on artifacts it automatically gets buttfucked by phyrexians
I really hope wotc isn't that fucking awful at everything. Mirrodin Pure for life.

>create

Yes? This is congruent with that one promo zombie card for October or whenever.

That's the new wording. They announced that recently.

>4UU

Dropped

Didn't Wizards say there never was going to be a Mirrodin Pure and it was all a ruse?

I mean, that is Phyrexia's thing

Don't know if they said that, but it's only logical. They couldn't have the community decide since sets are made several years in advance.

Seems fairly POOr, INefficient, and LOOusy.

Yes. The outcome was already decided long before Scars came out.

Actually they originally wanted the set begin as New Phyrexia, only to later discover that it was Mirrodin all along in planet of the apes fashion

Don't know if Scars would have been better set in that timeline

>Reaching this hard for the dankest memes.

Go. Away. /v/.

nah, its gonna be eldrazi again, user

>Hey guys, it's Emrakul's second cousin, Emralame.

>double clone
kys m8

Would you prefer the Wurmcoil situation?

Eldrazi vs. New Phyrexia vs. Urza Reborn.

And then Slivers show up.

[spoilers]Jace beats them.[/spoilers]

Wurmcoil Engine is such a cool fucking card. The name, the art, the abilities. So cool.

Cool creature, simple ability with devastating effects but can still be handled. Truly one of the best creatrure.

And it only gets better.

>When Wurmcoil Engine dies, create a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature with lifelink.

>Todensberührung
It should be Todesberührung, nice typo.

something something niggers something something sjws something something reee

>Eldrazi find Phyrexia
>Phyrexia compleats Eldrazi
>Send wave after wave of Phyrexian Eldrazi
>???????
>Compleation

What if....
>Jace vs dredge

They did get around to fixing it.

>Not Jace vs Mishra, Father of Machines

That sounds like a very bad time for Jace.

>Mishra
>Not Gix

POO

is Gix still alive?

>Phyrexiafags think this means that Phyrexia gets an eldrazi and not eldrazi get phyrexian powersets.

Phyrexia loses but the eldrazi are upgraded.

They're both shit anyway

If the Eldrazi won it would Eldrazified Phyrexians. Get some basic reading comprehension skills.

>4UU

Goes great in my EDH deck ;^)

I would have thought Eldrazi un-compleatable in the same way planeswalkers can't be.
Actually phyrexian getting droned make more sense to me.

Things aren't "eldrazified" though. That's the problem, so he went with the one that can become an adjective.

I rather cost normal clone then that piece of shit garbage.

lrn2evuluatecards

>Implying this won't happen
>Implying we won't get something dumb like Phyrexia was always a type of Eldrazi

I'd bang Saheeli right in her punani

Put my dhal in her bowl

Stick my kebab in her tandoor

Pretty much. There's no reason to believe that phyrexia could compleat an eldrazi.
The best they could do is try and flay a drone and make a fuck-huge war machine out of it, but they wouldn't be able to compleat say Emrakul.
They can't even reach Emrakul, even before it locked itself in the moon.

Well you said what I wanted to say, but in better terms.

According to my buddy who works for Wizards, sadly Phyrexia will not be a part of this set (because of the whole "we hate ruining planes" thing). Expect Tezzy, though! (For all we know he could unleash Phyrexia at the end of the block or something. I'm still hoping!).

how the fuck does anyone in that crazy poopy looly plane take any of their spiraling metal shit off?

>we hate ruining planes
>Wizards

Given the plane's theme, I'd think "learning to shape metal on and off your body" is up there with "learning to tie your shoes and dress yourself" as far as personal skills go.

Walkers can be Compleated. They just lose their spark as a result of the Process of Phyresis

My guess is that it's one of those rich people things. Plus since it's an artifact happy plane Esper/Mirrodin style, plus the art to makes me think that they just bend the metal with their minds anyway

I get the feeling she's the only one who wears it to that degree, probably because she can shape it.

Other way around.
As has been said EVERYTIME phyrexiafags rear their heads: Karn was sparkless and 90% compleated when Venser and friends found him.
Then Venser gave Karn his heart and spark, and Karn stood up, puked up ALL of the corruption, and was pretty much fine after that.

>But Koth
The Mycosynth was mutated by phyrexian oil, but was otherwise it's own thing, so it's spores changed everyone's biology to have metal, but it wasn't part of the compleation process itself.

I always figured it had a stack effect. If you compleated something with a spark the spark would die but if you put a spark into something being turned it would negate the phyresis

No. The spark repulses the oil.

Return to Kamigawa when :|

Nah, the spark is more like pic related, just replace the word "Curses" with "oil" or "compleation" or anything else phyrexia related. The worst it can do is probably make you sick.

That said, nuking a praetor by giving them your spark for .5 seconds sounds hilarious.

>Give Norn a spark trying to kill her
>Somehow she survives
>everyone's face when

I knew one of you would immediately respond like that

I don't know if I can handle an entire block of designated shitting plane.

look, all I want is an actual enemy that doesn't lose within a single block.

> She's a planeswalker
> "Oooh shit..."
> She's somehow "un-phyrexianed"
> "Eh, that's good!"
> That doesn't change her profound beliefs.
> "Fuck."

Though I think that if you somehow removed the phyrexian part of a praetor you wouldn't end up with much.

>not Urabrask
>the only phyrexian that might possess some degree of free will and sympathy for not phyrexians

>tfw urabrask kills all the other praetors
>that gives him a spark

Pretty nea-
>6 drop
>Sorcery speed

Then think of it as the designated superpower by 20XX plane.
Because it's currently the forefront of technical machinery and advancement in the multiverse. Just as advanced as the Izzet, but in all of the colors instead of Izzet's "gonna blow myself up trying to learn something" set.

Just pick an enemy that hasn't been played to death. Maro's a major phyrexiafag and doesn't seem to get that people want to move on from his "muh weatherlight 2.0"
New Phyrexia not ending with Karn dropping the artifact destroying Naya sun-set on Mirrodin itself was the dumbest thing.

I think she'd quite literally melt.
youtube.com/watch?v=o8JK_CrWiBc

If she got un-phyrexianised she'd literally be a pile of scrap metal and some flesh

there are only 2 multi-planar threats left.

Phyrexia and Bolas, and Bolas is just going to say "Just as planned" for the next 80 years with no inclination to what his plan is

>Best girl has eternal beef with Bolas
>Suddenly she is part of the avengers
>They travel to Kaladesh
>"It's ya boy, Bolas!"
>Avengers save the day, yet again
Screencap dis

When Maro retires. He's the most obstinately against it out of R&D.

Multiplanar threats being the norm is garbage though. Planes being affected by their own shit is much more entertaining.
Innistrad 1.0 having Innistrad problems was much more entertaining and well fleshed out than Shadows Innistrad having eldrazi problems.
Imagine return to Tarkir, instead of it being Dragonfall or whatever, it's one block of everyone gearing up to overthrow the dragons, then a set of everyone beating up on phyrexia or eldrazi 2.0 or whatever and ends with everyone going "well I guess we needed the dragons after all." que laugh tract outro. Tarkir didn't get explored more, they just fought off some interplanar bullshit and moved on.
Plus we have Garruk going crazy, Ob Nixilis going off to cause genocides for fun, the chain veil related to both of them, Ugin is kind of untrustworthy, Nahiri is still out there, and I know I'm forgetting shit.

>New Phyrexia not ending with Karn dropping the artifact destroying Naya sun-set on Mirrodin itself was the dumbest thing.

Of course not user, New Phyrexia ends when Urabrask kills every praetor and finally Elesh Norn and becomes the Father of Machines. That one action ignites his spark connecting his mind with every phyrexian on every plane the black oil has ever tainted. And in one brilliant thought of revelation, his first and final command is for all of his children to self terminate. He wonders the multiverse seeking redemption for all the horrible crimes of Old and New Phyrexia by joining the Jacetice league.

Don't forget that as soon as Ugin finds out that Emrakul's inside the moon because she wants to be, he's gonna be pella hella pissed.

Don't give WotC any bright ideas.

Is Mishra?

It's gonna be Nicol Bolas and the Dark Gatewatch, who are all multicolor

>Tezzeret
>Ashiok
>Tibalt
>Garruk
>Elspeth

>Norn has linked herself to all the forces of New Phyrexia so all is in fact one.
>she picks up Elspeth by the throat and demands her spark.
>Elspeth tells Norn that she hopes the spark brings the praetor all the suffering it brought her.
>Elspeth gives her spark to Norn and it starts burning her, causing a chain reaction across all of New Phyrexia.

Urabrask might actually make the Gatewatch interesting and take the spotlight away from Jace. Can't have that.

Gix is probably more alive than Mishra

>>Norn has linked herself to all the forces of New Phyrexia so all is in fact one
That's some Yawgmoth level of bullshit power level

But user Elspeth is mono-color.

I actually really dislike Wurmcoil Engine. It's an objectively above-curve artifact creature that isn't restricted to one or more colors.
Why isn't this considered bad design?

And yet it's absolutely something white would do. Plus Memnarch's security system and the like would probably make it easy to modify.

I always found ti funny that the most powerful being in existence was an average human who just found a chair in the center of a plane.

Zendikar/Scars was the standard it came out in. It was properly on curve, just the best on that curve.
That time period was kind of stupid.
It's not bad design because of it's noncolorness means every deck could theoretically use it, thus keeping it from overpowering one of the colors.

>Yawgmoth
>most powerful being in existence
Citation needed

If she comes back from the underworld as a Returned or persists on Theros as an Eidolon she will probably be WB.

Then after being brooding and bad for a while she will eventually get her shit together and take revenge on Heliod. In the process of putting the sun god in his place she'll break the bonds of mortality and resurrect as an angel planeswalker.

Magic: The Gathering

He is canonically the single most powerful entity in the multiverse

you serious m8?

His mere presence killed half a plane

If he could go between planes the entire Multiverse would have been a lost cause.

And if Bolas didn't align himself specifically right when visiting a plane, it's crack in half and be destroyed instantly.
Aligning himself correctly simply resulted in a huge flash mana storm. What's your point?

One needed 10,000 years of collected white mana to wound. The other lost to a guy with a sword.

But the eldrazi took 2 blocks and evryone hates them now!