sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Package Character Creator
firewallagency.wordpress.com/

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread:

Post pics of the other side of the indenture spectrum.

Which side is that?

The side with stupidly dangerous mining operations.

This side?

Yes.

I just got brought back to life after ninety two years and I'm not being allowed access to my old accounts. The institutions still exist, my identity is confirmed, and some of the VR gaming farm investments I had ought to be worth something by now.

Venus is a freaky fucking place, man.

Obvious improvements to the hyperbright

>bony ridges on skull to radiate heat from increased metabolism

>not lengthening limbs and increasing dermal capillary density

literally boneheaded

It was stolen from one of Alastair Reynolds' books, where the head frill thing was used to vent heat from cranial nanomachines. Doesn't make as much sense in this context.

>stealing dumb ideas literally for the purpose of making references
Does anyone have a list of these? I recall that the fluff that most Furies are female is a reference to something.

Mythological furies?

No. Some sci-fi book or series. We discussed it a long while back.

Oh, that has a specific source? I've encountered that "we made them women so they'd be calmer" meme so many times...

First time I ever heard something like that was in Species.

"We made it female so that it would be more docile and controllable."

Keks were had, even in-movie.

Somehow, I think that the devs put it in there unironically.

Makes me want to play a Hyperbright for once.

You think that's bad, try Vohaul. It's Venus with a half-decade of hypercorp waste too dangerous to be dumped anywhere anyone would want to go strewn all over the place.

That, and if you're into GM secrets, it's got a sapient species in their equivalent of the stone age that remains uncontacted too.

What would you do if a TITAN war machine started getting very friendly with you in a sexual way and not in a being-ripped-apart way?

Yeaaah.
As far as I can tell it wouldn't really matter too much anyways. Either you have their hormones set so that they're aggressive and have built up more muscle mass, or you don't, and the feminine biosculpting is just for appearances.

Transhuman geneticists could be lazy. Instead of modifying a male system heavily, they just decided to modify a female one less heavily.

Have sex with them, then kill them when their guard is down. It's what my hero Berserk would do.

Possibly Black Man, which is sort of a prequel to to the Altered Carbon novels. The main character is a former super soldier black ops dude genetically tailored to display heightened 'alpha male' behavior, such as increased aggression, lack of empathy, etc. The super soldier project was a fiasco, because apparently hypermales don't make good soldiers, which is why the Chinese are later revealed to have bred female specimens.

It's kind of an unknown book, but the devs seem to love Richard Morgan, so.

Then again, as other anons have pointed out, the meme comes up fairly often in fiction.

Frankly i've always imagined the head crest would be something a brinker/scum would do because why not. Would there really not be a way to make a body that could handle greater level of metabolism without radically altering the human form?

Head crests aren't all that radical, especially if you compare it to all the other morphological craziness going on in the setting.

But, yes, as it has already been pointed out, the human body is a fairly holistic system, and there are definitely more efficient and unobtrusive ways of solving the issue.

Can someone explain the difference between a false mesh ID and an anonymous account service? I know they keep you anonymous, but I can't wrap my head around how.

We can't tell you, since the devs don't know either. They don't understand the implications of a completely distributed internet of things, not to even mention their lack of understanding of how hacking works in the real world.

How many times could you fork yourself? Could somebody run an entire hab with a hundred (or possibly thousand) copies of themselves?

Absolutely, there is no entropy involved it's just copying an existing digital back up and running them wherever you can/want.

Though in many places alpha forks (complete versions of yourself) are not legal.

I think the books mention at least one hab like that.

Seems like they would, haven't found it though.

Is it possible to fuse two or more egos together to the point they can't be separated?

Neither do I, but I still need an answer. Anyone?

Have you even read the fucking books?

Man, I am very fond of the cyberware version. Might just try and play that specifically.

The Arm blades don't make a whole lot of sense in this configuration unless I'm missing something.

They don't, but that's appropriately cyberpunk I guess.

I love the idea of the intersecting art and fashion scenes throughout the system, all potentially very well funded and equipped by their cultural backers as part of memetic warfare

Different people have been asking questions user, if you're implying it's just one guy. This is

Anonymous Accounts are a service provided to a rando that functions as an exchange intermediary - when you need to move monies or arrange favors, the service sets it up then wipes their records of the event,

False Mesh ID is exactly that - spoofing your own Mesh ID for various things. Typically, it's either you or your mesh doing this.

How common is it to see synth limbs on biomorph bodies, or other more overt cybernetic augs?

wanted this file too

Masking implants like that is pretty cheap, and most people can regrow limbs anyway - but the game notes that some circles keep cyberware unmasked as a fashion statement. People who are too poor to afford proper nanomedicine, or came from backgrounds where that kind of tech wasn't commonly available might also have them.

pretty normal on around jove. you can have a new heavy armored skull and rib case to go with your titanium hips and spine, but medicines and genefixing are right out, to protect the cybernetic organ industry.

is there any merit to a humanoid form in orbital combat or maneuvers?

early colonization of an exoplanet

Or Maker Nomad Burning Man on Mars.

>is there any merit to a body tailored to survive an oxygen ocean at the bottom of a gravity well, in the exact literal opposite of that environment?

> is there any merit to a fish form in mountain climbing?

This here is bullshit. Genefixing is common in the Republic. That and a cyberlimb costs the same as basic biomods.

Eh.

An entire criminal cartel, Pax Familiae, are nothing but forks of one woman.

Blah blah suck dicks blah prostitution hurf hdurf psychosurgery, you've heard it all before

A fake ID is just that, documentation stating you're someone you aren't

An anonymous account is probably closer to a proxy service, TOR network or VPN.

There's some overlap, since both can be used to do things on the mesh without being traced back to your real identity

You can also run your Mesh Inserts in privacy mode, which ends up somewhere between the anonymous account and, say, using incognito mode on your browser.

So I just realized that the TITANs love fractals for the possibility that the universe is ultimately part of a fractal, and a perfect fractal would also tap into the superstructure that underwrites the universe

Fractals are also really easy to form with few instruction parameters. It's a very computationally "efficient" thing to form.

TTGL is the only series that has ever had a justifiable reason for humanoid combat vehicles.

Heavy gear. Evangelion.

lol wut?

Immortal elite's edgy kids with too much morph allowance.

So, what is the beliefs of BioCons? What's their limits of acceptable? Cause I remember something about being able to rent morphs that belonged to criminals that are in a simuspace prison.

>Factors give the consortium the power to produce liquid waifus

The Jovian Republic is the devs' straw man, so they throw in tons of shit, even if it's contradictory.

Why is it that every time I post in this thread, someone has to disillusion me to an awesome setting?

Anyone want to toss around some character concepts? I'll start:
>A Buddhist who came from a monastery on the Brink.
>Farcasted to where ever the game takes place.
>Sleeved in a case (vow of poverty) and carries around a collapsible staff (not sure of the damage but definitely has a reach bonus)
>Most of the creation points go into moxie.

I've seen staffs modeled basically the same as the club, though obviously tending to grant the reach bonus, or sometimes with a bonus to Fray to defend against melee attacks.

Jovians don't use simspace prisons AFAIK. If you're getting a morph from a Jovian criminal, its siezed property from a non-person, which is pretty consistent with bioconservatism.

Lunar Bioconservatism more like Aug discrimination from Mankind Divided, but for synthmorphs rather than augmented people. They also really don't like nanotech, but I think that has more to do with memories of the fall (and actual traps the TITANs have left on the moon) than being a tenet of bioconservatism.

It'd be nice to see a less precautionist Bioconservative faction to better see which is which. Maybe I'll make one and post it.

You can only spend 135 CP on Moxie, so what skills do you plan on picking up?
Anyway
>Lunar fall veteran (on earth)
>Tank-sleeved against TITANs on earth
>Only comfortable in heavy duty combat morphs thanks to experiences in the fall
I don't have a whole lot of this person thought out yet.

>though obviously tending to grant the reach bonus, or sometimes with a bonus to Fray to defend again
But they have more mass, and can be wielded with 2 hands, wouldn't you get better damage?
>You can only spend 135 CP on Moxie, so what skills do you plan on picking up?
Anyway
Not sure, just an interesting idea I thought of, obviously I'd max out clubs, unarmed and fray. Probably something to help with self reliance like nanofab programming.
Another Idea I had was to make a Neo-gorilla sniper named "Harambe"

The penal rentals seems more like a relic from Altered Carbon and the fact that the Jovians are supposed to be are authoritarian police state.

But, given how the Republic feels and treat non-citizens, and how their public feels about those who are resleeved or whatever, the idea that they as a government "rent" seize bodies to those few visitors they have wouldn't be surprising either. But that sure makes it sound like their borders are more open than they are.

Comparing Luna to the modern two Deus Ex games is pretty apt, though. Take the style and color palettes from Detroit and Hengsha in HR, and then the constant checkpoints, open discrimination against synths and 'big dick" attitude of police in MD and you've got a good grasp of Luna.

And the anti-aug terrorists from HR are probably what Biocon terrorists are like.

Too bad I never played D Ex

>But they have more mass, and can be wielded with 2 hands, wouldn't you get better damage?

Eh, debatable. The area and mass you're hitting the target with should be roughly the same, unlike say the clear difference from a knife, to the flex cutter, to the sword. You can argue the longer weapon giving you more leverage and stuff, but that's where Reach comes in, and those finicky bits are basically modeled by DB and having a higher skills (which better chances for an excellent success bonus damage) come in.

The game doesn't really handle weapons which are two-handed or can be two handed any different. I mean, hell, the difference between the Monofilament Sword (1H) and the Diamond Axe (2H) is one point of AP and one point of DV, so they average about the same damage unless the target is unarmored.

Anyway, the reason I ask about BioCons is because of a thing I was planning. Basically the team needs to escape a Martian dust storm and the only place in miles is an underground shelter used by an isolated icolated group of old school Christians.

One of them went mad due to something relating to the plot and forked himself into a handful of Reapers, killing everyone.

The plot hole in this I need to patch up is how does a BioCon who probably doesn't have a cortical stack fork himself into other morphs? What skills are needed?

If but the reach bonus is only to hit. Personally I think 2 handed should give you the ability to roll twice and pick the highest.
On that note, how big are most of the beams and sprayers, i don't remember anything specific about the number of hands outside of the shredder and plasma rifle.

Well, I'm not sure how they'd have one of these either, but a biomorph even without a stack can have their brain scanned by an Ego Bridge. Those aren't portable, and require somebody with some Psychosurgery skill to operate (which would also be something Biocons are probably not keen on - due to needing to be under in simulspace for an extended period, usually in a digital form).

But, if he's crazy you could also use the concept of the Gamma(?) fork, and say that he rigged some kind of brain scanning equipment which only produces crazy, flawed forks which are mere echoes of the owner.

I'm more curious what a bunch of christian isolates with a hard-line biocon stance are doing with a bunch of combat sleeves?

>Cause I remember something about being able to rent morphs that belonged to criminals that are in a simuspace prison.

That's taken straight from Altered Carbon and is in the description of the Jovians from the corebook, before they actually had any idea what any of the factions were like.

Also it's not simspace prison in the book, they just put you in dead storage for 200 years and then resleeve you. There's no rehabilitation or even really punishment aside from missing time.

More antagonist than viable PC concept, but I'll try.

>Exhuman Parasite Hacker/Social Manipulator
>Postbiological, Rortian-ish in outlook, but less warlike
>Current long-term goal is complete subversion of a single large habitat
>Immediate goal is recruitment for that purpose
>Distributes useful software on the cheap among clankers, front is an infugee self-help group/anarchist collective/mutualist hypercorp
>Most of it legit to maintain the facade and create a respectable public image
>Customers considered vulnerable receive programs modified to stealthily make the device they're running on more vulnerable to hacking
>depending on circumstances, targets of successful hacking become part of a botnet, are turned into agents, psychosurgerized into adherents to exhumanism, replaced with exhuman forks, etc

As for gear, I've had some ideas for less obvious vectors of subversion than trojans, like skillsofts that work as intended, but have embedded singularity memes, cognitive biases against biomorphs, or parts of the exhuman's personality tagging along. Or "upgrading" people's muses into exhuman Grima Wormtongues.

Well, they are on mars, probably as defense against the corps. Also it's scary to see a bunch of reapers shouting a bunch of half coherent religious shit.

okay faggots, listen up.

This is what i mean when I say "Some Assembly Required"

Imagine you had a nanofabricator, and you wanted to make pic related. How would it assemble the bar suspended in the rings without it falling down?

It builds three little things, you take them out of the fabricator and arrange them in the correct shape?

Exactly. So every piece of equipment that requires torsion, support, or interlocking matrices will need to be assembled, usually by hand.

its also fair to assume that most electronics are going to require some sort of calibration or set up to get working properly, unless they are specifically designed to work out of the box, in which case you will most likely pay a premium.

It prints it just like that. We can already make interlocking gears.

I mean, you're may not wrong, but I fail to see how illustrative your shitty ring diagram was supposed to be to that.

The rings are superfluous, the fabricator could just build that same thing as one piece instead of three pieces unless there is some reason it needs to rotate which is not clear by your dinky illustration of some bars and some rings.

Actually, noted as a problem in the setting, many electronic devices used by consumers are "black boxes", which are assembled in one piece, not intended to be open after being fabbed and do not typically carry instructions on how to repair or maintain them.