Receive a distress signal from a transport freighter

>Receive a distress signal from a transport freighter
>Board onto it to find the electricity and power is down
>The first body you happen upon is rotted and decaying and the skull looks like this

Reaction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sFd8aWT7Io
dailymotion.com/video/xqrxci_sunshine-clip-five-crew-members_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=vzlVhOrt8CU
youtube.com/watch?v=dYfXNvqC024
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_facial_tumour_disease
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Why did I enter a spooky ship

>"wew, look at that space jew nose."

That thing exploded from the inside out.

Leave the ship and blow it up so that whatever is on board does not escape.

Fuck this exploration shit. Fuck figuring out what it was. Fuck putting my crew at risk. We are out, now.

Seal the air lock and have my resident engineer/hack try to gain remote control of the doors and send in a drone. Armored vac suits and guns and knives ready. If the ship has ordinance prepare explosive bolts on the umbilical cord to jettison the ship and turn it into slag.

Did we scan this thing?

Let's scan this thing again and research this skull.

I take off my helmet to determine if the air is breathable.

I dunno. I'm not an authority and ballistics so maybe somebody shot him in the back of the head with something big. I'm sure that isn't the case seeing as the skull is in reality notable enough to be put on display somewhere, but that's probably what I'd excuse it as at a glance. Somebody went loopy and is capping his shipmates.

Also, get myself and everyone on my crew who boarded the ship to the nearest medbay and quarantine the fuck out of us all.

I want full biohazard checkups on every single piece of equipment we were wearing or carrying, every single corridor we've walked through to reach the medbay, and I want every single crewmember we came within 10 feet of on the way back here quarantined with us.

If we detect anything, ANYTHING out of the ordinary, we burn the infected thing. Gear, clothing, corridors, crewmembers. I do not fucking care. Burn it all. Burn me if you have to. Oh yeah, and slag the freighter while you're at it.

In space, you do not take fucking chances.

> "Which is weird, right? Look at him -- something scrambled his insides!"
> "With plasma scoring?"
> "Yeah, I dunno. Maybe there was an accident, friendly fire or something?"

We do what any self-respecting space adventuring crew would do: Advance on future victories.

We should split up to cover more terrain!

You and scoob go that way

so what happened to that guy?

>Be one of a few miners on a reported mineral rich site.
>Find this

Reaction?

pretty weird glowing orb, I'm going to go and pick it up with my bare hands.

>you find a skull lic pic related near any teleportation device. It's clear that it's unwise to use the on board teleportation for exploring the ship faster

I'm suspecting conjoined twins?

The conclusion is inescapable my friends. We face ... the RIGELLIAN SKULLFUCKERS

Have my engineers work to see if the teleportation system has been tampered/damaged/sabotagued

Seems innocuous enough, it could also fetch for a high piece I take it for myself, what's the worst that could happen?

A.K.A toss one of them in.

Roll 1d20 to determine whether or not the device was tampered with
11+ shows signs of tampering

kill yourself

>realize I'm in the Expanse, act accordingly

What kind of life did the person with that skull live?

Not a fun one, I'd imagine

Well, the sci-fi game now becomes a Conan adventure.
With a killer soundtrack.

Rolled 16 (1d20)

We scientifically test the teleportation device by throwing rocks into it.

I leave the ship. Then I tow the ship to the nearest hostile planet and crash it on their planet, and just kinda see what happens from there.

The device has indeed been tampered with, as even stones thrown through it deforms them

Overreact while it threatens me by telling stories where it has about a 50/50 win rate

Roll 1d20 to further inspect the device. 11+ is successful

Immediately Return to our ship and put any crew/equipment/transports/docking bays into quarantine. Disable the ship's distress signal and deploy a drone that relays a contamination warning. Immediately head to the nearest colony/station that has a decent defence and enforcer division and relay our finding and wait for there more advanced medical crews to give us the all clear and then piss bolt out of the sector before the inevitably infect military ships return.

Do like any aspiring X-com commander and get back to the skyranger and order a tactical nuclear strike on the freighter.

Rolled 2 (1d20)

Probably cancer

You find no physical evidence of tampering, so it must lie in the control programming itself

Iz cool man, you can use it safely.
Trust me, im a doctor!

What of the rocks that got shifted?

They already know it was tampered with, and that the tampering lies within the coding

>Leave the ship and blow it up so that whatever is on board does not escape.

dailymotion.com/video/xqrxci_sunshine-clip-five-crew-members_shortfilms

No it's not! The rocks are all hot, and covered with black stuff!

They prove it is faulty, and there was no evidence of physical damage to the machine itself, so it lies in the coding in the programming

Cancer looks like the skull you posted, not the OP. It makes the bones look bubbly, from all the unregulated growth.
OP skull looks like a high velocity exit would frozen in time. I have no idea what would make the bones look like that though.

A photoshopped one

It almost looks like it started to heal that way but that would be ridiculous considering a hole that size implies the guy's brains have been literally blown out of his head.

Then again there was a king (can't remember who) who had a fucking arrow head stuck in his skull that had to be extracted so who knows.

Nice triple dubs

Yeah I didn't look closely, I'd almost say it looks like a cannonball went through but that doesn't look like it either. Might be a prop from the museum it was in, or something. I can't find any information on the thing.

Personally it just looks like what I imagine you'd find in the aftermath of a gunfight involving explosive rounds.

Crap, we somehow managed to fly into Paradox Space. I guess we're screwed.

My first thought was some sort of direct energy weapon. Superheated a part of his skull as it flashed its way through his head.

Who needs imaginative horrors when we got cancer and radiation.

Well, you can't get in literal fights with cancer or radiation or attempt to negotiate with them or anything, even futilely, so that limits their narrative flexibility.

>you can't get in literal fights with cancer or radiation or attempt to negotiate with them or anything

>Osmosis Jones 2: The Chernobyl Cell

Parasitic bone cancer

Very few people saw eye-to-eye with them.

I ask my trusty Vulcan for advise and then proceed to ignore it.

Nah, the skull would be fragmented and in pieces. Unless it was somekind of explody acid bullet.

I see what you did there.

But he probably didn't.

Continue as normal. Hydrocephalus is treatable and generally seen in infants.

Apparently a real skull form the Musée Dupuytren in Paris. Other than it's location I can't seem to find out any more information about the skull. And what caused the deformity.

Make sure we have a black guy that can sacrifice himself to save our lives.

>in smrt adventurer tradition, nope the fuck out of ship.

Fucking hell, you almost got us killed!

That sure ain't what it is homie

Look for stuff to scan, look for any round holes, then shoot the door.

>exit freighter
>position ship to fire freighter into the nearest star
>fire railgun
Fuck that, normal parasites are terrible, God damn brain bursting parasites are an absolute nope

I found the cause of the strange deformities. This is my immediate action.

Honestly, I might use this picture in a game I'm running. I'll have the person inspecting it roll some sort of test, then have them describe what happened.

Spooky ships tend to be unguarded treasure troves since the crew members were probably killed off by some kind of horrible monster.

What if the spooky ship is a mimic?

The Event Horizon can go suck it, I'm never boarding it anyway.

I'd just kill myself at that point.
Imagine what moving your eye around would be like with all those little spurs digging in to it. And scratching your head accidentally would put you into mind-splitting pain.

If my name is Harry, I get in my cab and find the chick with huge tits i'm about to fuck.

That shit is a goddamn argument for euthanasia.
Holy fuck, there is literally no saving that..

We secure the place.

Well at least it's better than the last ship that we boarded, the first corpse we found there had three heads! And a Video Rental Card!

Try not to get genetically recombinated into a cock this time.

youtube.com/watch?v=vzlVhOrt8CU
Vid related then book it the fuck out of there, slag the ship just to be sure.

Guns out and heads down you fucking pansies.

Call either Vriska or John.

The longer I look at it the less sense it makes. Mostly it looks like the skull was hit in the back by some sort of explosive or deforming projectile but despite there being a well beyond survivable level of damage there appears to have been a significant amount of healing post trauma.
Is this what it's like to be a mythos investigator failing a san check?

Why did I click on this thread right after I had my breakfast?

Well boys, we're here to fix that comm relay and cancel that distress call so I advise we work fast.

Underrated post!

>Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
> Known as "Stone Man Syndrome"
>A mutation of the human repair mechanism causes ligament, muscle, and tendons to become ossified( turn into bone) when damaged.

> One of the most severe case occured in 1973 when a Mr.Harry Eastlack's entire body ossified. He was only able to move his lips. His skeleton is still on display in a medical museum today.

FUCK

It was Henry V, back when he was 16 and just prince Henry. It was in the battle of Shrewsbury, the same one where Hotspur was killed, and it took several days to remove it. Taking a longbow arrow to the face may have helped inspire him to give the French a taste of the same medicine when he was a bit older.

Looks like its time to.. Fire it up.
youtube.com/watch?v=dYfXNvqC024

Look for a small stone golem.

I'm gonna take a ride.

On Heavy Metal.

>Parasitic bone cancer

>A parasitic cancer or transmissible cancer is a cancer cell or cluster of cancer cells that can be transmitted from animal to animal. They are quite rare in humans and other animals. These cancers are distinct from cancers caused by infectious agents such as oncoviruses and cancer bacteria, which are more common.

Nope.

>One of the most severe case occured in 1973 when a Mr.Harry Eastlack's entire body ossified. He was only able to move his lips.
How long did this guy live like that? Too scared to look it up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_facial_tumour_disease

That is all.

Well I mean shit, if the Savage World horror book can include rules for UV emitting bullets that somehow experience no armor penetration penalty...

He started having symptoms at 5.

He died at 40.

Have fun with those nightmares!