ITT Rogue Trader campaigns

ITT Rogue Trader campaigns

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadia:_The_Secret_of_Blue_Water
youtube.com/watch?v=rMH4xdXV2uI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have some space opera pics I could dump. Also some great space elves.

superior

What is the sauce on this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadia:_The_Secret_of_Blue_Water

>implying Rourke is a good example of a rogue trader.
Look, he was in it for the money, that's good. That's smart. But a smarter man would have established a cold trade in Atlantean goods rather than trying to kill his golden goose.
Rourke tired that. And then he ran across every Disney villain's true arch-nemesis, the laws of physics . And now he can't profit, he's dead.
What I'm saying is, you can afford Juvenat treatments now. You don't *need* to make a quick buck, you can afford to wait and make a bigger one. You're a rogue trader. If you get bored, just find some workers to oppress or something exotic to stuff. The galaxy is yours.

Pictured, from left to right:
> Techpriest, eccentric specced for all knowledge and no combat skills
> Trader, pilots his ship and gets his fair share of boot-to-ass in
> Arch-Militant, loves pistols and explosives, kind of needs reigning in
> Seneschal, the straight-faced businessman everyone tends to bounce their jokes off, probably less useful in a fight than the techpriest.

good job me.

So I've seen this a few times. Does Nadia actually get good at some point? I watched like the first three or four episodes and was bored out of my mind.

>>implying Rourke is a good example of a rogue trader.
>implying that this glorious son of a bitch wasn't the Rogue Trader
Rourke was the Arch-Militant in charge of the expedition. Preston B. Whitmore, he is such a good example of a Rogue Trader that he got himself a glowing immortality stone without having to leave his palatial estate.

get off the ritalin.

the series is good up until the island/india arc, which is horrible, but goes back to being good for the end.

It's not so much that I need constant action, but I need to be at least somewhat intrigued by the story. There's also the fact that everything I heard about it said it was a masterpiece, and I found it to be pretty mediocre.

I'll give it another try though, probably had to do with expectations throwing me off.

honestly, it takes a couple episodes to get going, and is really good up until the late 20's, then we get the infamous island arc.

Oops. Yeah, apologies are in order, sorry user.

Hell, I really need to run this as a game. It's an old enough movie that I can draw inspiration from any off roads the players go on from fan-fics and sequels.

Also most of my players probably haven't seen it.

I always thought that with it so far from the Crystal it would slowly fade to uselessness.

Sup

I know who you are, SEKI, I knoooow.

>Storm Trooper
>Storm Trooper
>Catachan
>Inquisitorial body guard with an explosive fixation
>Inquisitor
>Catachan
>Vallhallen
>Mechcanicus adept
>Cadian
>IG veteran
>Storm Trooper

What would Milo be in-setting?

Administratum adept.

The poor bastard adept who, after a few drinks, made the mistake of venting to the Rogue Trader about this amazing find that his master won't acknowledge.

Wakes up to find he's been assigned to the vessel for clerical services after a considerable donation was provided to the cloister by an esteemed off-world benefactor.

Still betcha it doubles his lifespan. Whitmore was in pretty good shape for an old guy with all that yoga, anyway. A little supernatural augmentation could keep him ticking right on through the twentieth century.

youtube.com/watch?v=rMH4xdXV2uI

I'm running a Rogue Trader game and the PC's have spent four goddamn sessions on a planet I only intended them to stay on for one, two at the most. Now, that we've finally resolved the issue (putting down a rebellion), and I think we're ready to move on, one player has un-ironically decided he actually supports the Rebellion, and next session is looking like pvp and one or more characters deaths.

What was the rebellion about?

It was actually started by a saboteur who was paid by another noble to blow up food supplies, spread rumours that the governor had a secret gigantic food supply that he wasn't sharing, and then organise little acts of terrorism to precipitate a general uprising.
The governor was perfectly competent, and the rebellion was entirely due to misinformation and acts of sabotage.
What pisses me off is that the player knows this, but has decided his character "believes in the cause".

And his character also knew that the whole point of the rebellion was a farce?

Indeed.
This has not dissuaded him about "the cause".
I guess the running joke about the player being an IRL communist was not actually a joke. Especially when he started playing red army music on his phone.

This is exceptionally surreal. Did it air on MTV?

Man that's always rough in RT games.

I play the captain and it is a tight line between "keeping order on the ship" and "letting your fellow players have fun".

I had to shoot my explorator once, point blank with a melta pistol. In my defense I specifically told him not to touch that c'tan fragment.

My knowledge of necron lore isn't much, but aren't c'tan fragments all flying and shooting lightning everywhere and stuff?

This was like a super small one we found, gm described it as the c'tan equivalent of a minor demon. It still possessed his systems and nearly took over the ship before I blew it the hell up.