Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Do you prefer furry kitsune and catfolk or weeaboo kitsune and catfolk? Maybe both if you like kemono?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

New leak from DSP: Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1L0Ie7glL4P
docs.google.com/document/d/1sqYWW5LEIg_LEtsyK_uzm9j1kRIBMKgc1cR5iSW9oHQ/edit#heading=h.vby79ewytc9y
pastebin.com/s7RkVSXc
rizon.net/chat
dreamscarred.com/product/divergent-paths-roil-dancer/
vocaroo.com/i/s1tHE9KBZhPO
docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to marry a Skinwalker.

Fucking furries.

Nature makes shit like pic related without magic.

Strategic Tactician was vaguely based off Robin.

Dragon Champion (sir not appearing in this playtest) was based off of Corrin.

Sometimes the world is a beautiful place.

Forgot my trip, pic related

>Do you prefer furry kitsune and catfolk or weeaboo kitsune and catfolk? Maybe both if you like kemono?

You want to know what I prefer?

How THICC that human woman is.

A cat is NOT fine too, Shiki

To speak as the bard player in question; we don't know yet. THe Paladin follows Torag; the wizard's nonreligions; the rogue worships Desna but mostly just pays lip service; my Bard's a devout Shelynite, and after this she is getting some intense prayer in.

>I want to marry a Skinwalker.

What kind?

>Do you prefer furry kitsune and catfolk or weeaboo kitsune and catfolk? Maybe both if you like kemono?

Both I guess? Like, catfolk run the gamut and just add in an additional transformation for kitsune so that they can choose whether they want to be a sexy furfag or a sexy weeb. I'm cool with either.

>and after this she is getting some intense prayer in.
Don't delay it. Pray immediately and often.

The werewolf soulknife is forrest's, though.

I can hear /k/ screaming already.

>my Bard's a devout Shelynite, and after this she is getting some intense prayer in.

The half-elf that got cocksleeved by a Minotaur and is carrying the rape baby is a devout Shelynite too.

Odd how Shelyn doesn't seem to give a fuck about her followers.

Seriously though, what's with all these DMs forcing pregnancies on their female PCs when they could just, you know, get them to willingly have a child with someone they care about?

>Anything other than Croc-kin.

Cmon user, its like you arent even trying.

If I remmeber that story, actually, she converted away from Lamashtan worship to Shelynism after she was raped by the minotaur.

Fucking retards like this make me cringe

You make me cringe to user.

More delicious Fire Emblem Classes? Sign me up for marriage

>Seriously though, what's with all these DMs forcing pregnancies on their female PCs when they could just, you know, get them to willingly have a child with someone they care about?

Developing a loving relationship built on mutual trust and respect takes many sessions.

Getting fucked by a deity or monster takes an encounter.

it's actually a deal they've got with Erastil; you see, most adventuring women are far from wanting to settle down, let alone have children; in fact they tend to be raging berserkers who leave communities torn and devastated by corpses, not filled with laughter and happiness. If even one in ten female adventurers that gets pregnant can take some time off and raise her children properly, it'll be so much less worse for all those villages, especially since except for a few months at the end of the pregnancy and the first week after birth or so if she's in shape, there's now someone capable of mass destruction in case more gobbers try to hit the town

Can you fucks be normal for once.

Yeah SOMEONE hasn't been keeping up their contractual obligations, and you deserve a worship-energy refund.

vocaroo.com/i/s1L0Ie7glL4P

What do you want to talk about?

Well, shit.

But basically, Elric and ErrantX have a much more conservative style that appeals to players more used to 1pp and similar things. Everyone on pfg is tired of the 1pp design style so the E&E bros get less love here.
Forrest just goes the whole hog and writes whatever she thinks is cool even if it's crazy, and then finds a way to make it mechanically feasible, not bothered to keep it conceptually in line with existing stuff. That's why it's very fresh, but probably too much for some players.

The rest of the team lies somewhere between the two ends of that spectrum.

>(sir not appearing in this playtest)
>mfw have to wait even longer to DUHRAGON INSTAAARU

Am I going to have to try to get this excited user into the irc so I can share your wonders, or am I just going to have to keep dumping until you tell me to stop?

Isn't Forrest like... A raging fluff nerd though? That whole thing with the Occult psionics fluff differences?

I don't know how to irc ;_;

Again, I don't mind anyone dumping from the playtest as long as it's being done with the knowledge that there will be changes. My product schedule is kind of all up in the air, so while I'm looking forward to getting to the dragon book, I can't promise when I'll get to it.

Oh yeah, that's not what I meant.
She doesn't ignore fluff, but she's more interested in writing new ideas that expand the boundary, rather than things that fit within explored area: both in fluff and in mechanics.

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE

docs.google.com/document/d/1sqYWW5LEIg_LEtsyK_uzm9j1kRIBMKgc1cR5iSW9oHQ/edit#heading=h.vby79ewytc9y

So... Elric is Onodera and Forrest is Chitoge?

Fair enough. I don't know why I go full sperg whenever this kind of thing happens, guess I'm just paranoid.

Have at it, but like the man himself said, shit might change when it finally gets released, but this is the relevant things for warlock: pastebin.com/s7RkVSXc

rizon.net/chat

Channel: #pfg
If you don't get scared off someone will eventually explain how to set up an actual client if you ask

You want to play a cat person? Sure, here is your cat person.

I'd fuck it.

This stuff looks great. You guys are my heroes.

>Those hips

Can I be Tsugumi instead?

Also, gotta thank you guys for the extreme amount of attention, eyes, and playtesting this got for being homebrew. It ended up being picked up as something real, playtested internally some more, and tweaked some. dreamscarred.com/product/divergent-paths-roil-dancer/

A good set of hips on a woman is a wonderful thing.
I like'em thin though, so this is a rare treat since wide hips these days in RL tends to come with an even wider waist and thighs. And that just isn't hot.

I write content that I would want to use, it's why the kineticist has 4 books dedicated to it.

Why don't more people do that?

So I have terrible taste in video games, and I like Dragon Knight from DOTA 2. I want to create a reasonable likeness to him, but because I don't expect everyone else to have equally bad taste, I'll briefly highlight what he does in the game and what I'd want him to do as a character. Noncombat things can probably be handled by skills, DOTA is pretty much 100% centered on combat.

Visually, he's just a knight with a red dragon aesthetic for his armor, who uses a sword and a shield. Pretty straightforward.

Firstly, he is a Strength-based melee hero, meaning he deals damage based on how strong he is rather than how agile or intelligent. This is easy to translate; I can give him good Strength and a melee weapon. Strength in DOTA also contributes to HP, so to match his high durability on that front, good Constitution makes sense. He doesn't have almost any resistance to magic damage, so a poor Will save is probably appropriate, but hardly mandatory.

Beyond that, Dragon Knight has four main abilities.

>Breathe Fire
In the game, it's a decent-sized cone of fire that applies a short-term debuff to attack damage of whatever it hits. This could be represented by an actual breath weapon, but the damage (or attack bonus, whatever) penalty isn't something that seems easy to replicate. I suppose it isn't wholly necessary as long as whatever cone of fire I end up using has a respectable size (30' or more ideally) and isn't something limited by daily uses. I don't like daily abilities in general unless it's a full-on caster. How to obtain this on a martial character is also a bit confusing for me, since I do want it to scale.

>Dragon Tail
Not actually a tail attack, in DOTA this is a stun that deals okay damage. Obviously, stuns are very powerful in PF, so some other action-inhibiting effect like staggering or nausea or something would be cool. If it happens to also use a tail that's a bonus.

>more

Why can't your psicrystal take the shape of a ranged weapon?

I'm not saying it has to generate its own ammunition, although it could certainly open up a path to doing so with soulknives so they can dual-wield

>Dragon Blood
In DOTA, this ability causes him to regenerate HP passively. He can't turn it off, so I was thinking some form of Fast Healing or Regeneration is in order. Even in the game it isn't enough to let him stand there and take hits forever, but it's high enough to give him good staying power in combination with his high HP and strong armor. Fast Healing 5 or so is probably plenty if it comes online by 12th level I suppose. It's not something that's focused on in the game either. This also improves his Armor, which in DOTA is more like DR, so some source of DR would be very nice. That or natural armor, or both.

>Elder Dragon Form
He turns into a dragon. This is okay as a daily ability, three times a day preferably. It has a very long cooldown in the game - DOTA actually has a day/night cycle, and as I recall he can use this maybe four times in a day at the maximum level, so it's appropriate. You also don't get this until around a quarter of the way through the game, so it's okay if it comes online later, maybe 8th or so if possible. It's also very powerful, and causes him to spit balls of acid, then fire, then cold as you improve the ability. The most appropriate thing I would guess you could use for this is some item granting Form of the Dragon I and then II later on a few times a day, but a class feature would be better if possible. If there's a way to make his armor refit itself when he transforms into a dragon it'd probably solve a lot of issues that normally accompany polymorph abilities.

Any help you can provide is very welcome, /pfg/. Point buy is 25, we're starting at 1st level. Doesn't need to be spot-on or anything, but as close an approximation as I can get is greatly appreciated.

The alternative is content that people will flock to with their wallets.

Think "quantity" vs "quality". Some write labors of love, others churn out wordswordswords like stephen king novels

Forest/Jolly team up when?

.... I don't get it.

Creatures in this can't turn off their regeneration either. Not that they'd want to.

No, the issue is never that. The issue is OTHERS CAN with the right attack methods!

All forms of regeneration require a common, or a couple of uncommon weaknesses. Such weaknesses automatically negate any natural/racial/integral protection against them as well; it'll probably ignore your DR, you can't have resistance to it, and forget immunity, and YAY it shuts down your regeneration that round so you can die.

HOWEVER: it's true that EXTERNAL protections work: The fire/acid weak troll can wear a ring against that shit. An Augmented Aegis creature could use resistance or immunity customizations to shield his Electrical vulnerability, and so on.

>mfw my characters always have a wide set of hips even if they're otherwise flat and boyish.

I was thinking Fast Healing was more appropriate. The ability doesn't keep Dragon Knight from dying when he's out of HP, it just slows down the process of getting there.

Keep staring at it.

Stop shilling your hugbox, cuck. It's got nothing to do with /pfg/

what's a typical white-haired witch build?
I'm thinking WHW 2/Brawler (mutagenic mauler/strangler) 4/alchemist (vivisectionist/beastmorph/homunculist) 14

Also, if I have iterative attacks, how do they work with the hair's grab? If I hit with my hair first, can I grapple and continue my attacks, since I'm not grappled?

Witch (White-Haired) 5 / Monk (Sohei) 1 / Eldritch Knight X.

Monk gets you a Flurry, and Sohei is the only monk that grants you the martial proficiencies you need to get into EK. Get Feral Combat Training so you can flurry with your hair.

it does have the right amount of "you can't say this about people" tantrums

>War Channeler now has no chance to be even considered for use in a game, because Roil Dancer is now a DSP product

RIP the dream, I suppose.

Wasn't there a hair talent in the Vigilante playtest that made it better?

NJolly needs to update his kineticist guide now.

I keep mentioning it whenever anons ask about it specifically so it /doesn't/ become an exclusive secret club.

Not forcing anyone to join, but the door should always stay open.

Then maybe you shouldn't ban everyone who wounds your precious feefees.

Why did you keep Burn in every single one of them?

>implying only /k/ fears the threat of Skinwalkers.

>repost from last bread
Wow, /pfg/ isn't dead? I'm impressed! Or mortified. I'm not sure which.

So GM is wanting us to hunt for theme music for our characters now, which is sorta funny because I was going to off-handedly ask what they may think might be suitable since I think someone with a bit of distance from my characters might be able to come up with something far more fitting than I can. But now I'm having a time trying to find reasonable theme music for Elsbeth and I fear I may have hit a wall. Suggestions?

I mean.. you're not wrong.

Also not wrong.

A: Cerebral kind of doesn't have it.
B: Because I planned on writing an unchained kineticist that removes burn, and it would be awkward for archetypes.

I only update with published content (that I am sent), if it's in playtest, I can't include it.

And yet you're still there.

Please, I wouldn't be there if I could

Forrest, an opinion question.

I've seen either you or Keledrath [or both] say that the idea of a 1/2 BAB full initiator interests you.
What sort of problems would its design need to solve, and roughly what kind of cool things would it need to get?

Oh, and my favorite skin for him makes him look like this.

There was, as a matter of fact. It had scaling damage dice, the ability to full attack, and 10-ft range. Also Cha to Attack AND Damage rolls

So you got banned? How pathetic.
>He ACTUALLY gets banned from an anonymous imageboard AND an IRC

I dunno man, for someone who doesn't care, you sure have a lot of feelings about the IRC.

What IS Divergent Paths supposed to mean? A concept that regular DSP wouldn't take?

Wow, you act like a cunt you get punted, imagine that.

Not everything is Veeky Forums where you can be a dick with impunity.

It's the Path of War equivalent to 'Psionics Augmented'.

...well shit, looks like the Roil Dancer is published, I'm the ass here. Give me a bit and I'll get the guide updated.

If it's an IRC intended to have direct association WITH a Veeky Forums general, it probably should mirror Veeky Forums.

Granted, on here if you're a cunt people just shit on you harder than you were shitting on someone else, so.

QANON runs it, and she doesn't play Pathfinder. Why is it even called #pfg?

>Besides the one time 2hu was banned, there was exactly one other person banned from the channel ever and that was for being a /pol/fag that devolved into saying nothing but death threats

Hi, didn't know you still hang out here.

Why doesn't QANON play pathfinder if she's responsible for giving us pathfinder books early? Does she just hate paizo and wants petty revenge?

Because it was originally created as a containment channel for /pfg/ when Pathfinder discussion overtook her Ryuutama game

QANON plays Pathfinder on rare occasion, but prefers 5e and cutesy JRPGs

Brace for heresy:

She plays 5e now. She only brings books by because she loves us.

If you wanted a copy of Veeky Forums, why use IRC and not Veeky Forums anyway?

Plus, QANON is both more attentive than janitors, and less tolerant of blatant dickishness.

>ryuutama
I'll never get to play it since my table is nowhere near weeb enough ;_;

To be fair, Ryuutama is pretty cool.

>less tolerant of blatant dickishness
And yet 2hu remains

Go away Tim.

vocaroo.com/i/s1tHE9KBZhPO

What happened to 2hu anyway? He was apparently saying he got credited in Strike?

Yeah, he worked on it. Look for Earth Seraph Edna, that's his alias. You'll see him on a lot of playtest docs for various things, too.

OKAY! SO! Today is, in fact, a busy day. End of a busy week, really. Tonight I bring you guys the official start of the Bloodforge Infusions playtest.

docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit?usp=sharing

In this doc you'll find the following six full races, each with their own sets of ARTs and favored class bonuses:

>Alafia - desert-dwelling superstitious viper folk with an Akashic connection
>Atstreidi - a unique type of slime mold that grows sapience when it comes into contact with the psychic imprint left behind by a well-used suit of armor
>Coreid - A psionic core that thinks its a real boy, building a body out of particulate matter from its surroundings.
>Eiremian - Serene, detached planetouched with an affinity for negative energy.
>Entoli - The entrancing offspring of maenads and sirens.
>Ethumion - Supernaturally energetic descendents of ravids (somehow) and humans.

You'll also find new variant races for the Sobek and Suqur akashic races, three new Tiefling heritages (for the psionic demons and devils), seven alternate Tengus, a new rogue archetype, a psionic equivalent to the Spark of Divinity/Sanguine Sorcery feat lines, and finally, a new psionic power.

Enjoy.

It'd need to have some way to solve its accuracy problems, and something cool to tie it more strongly to strikes than other initiators (as that'd be what it's good for).

what is a ravid and why aren't Ethumions just positive energy: the race like they used to be?

i'm going for
>round 1 grapple & constrict - 2d6 damage [boar style]
>round 2 maintain + nonlethal damage as move/standard/swift [greater grapple, rapid grappler]. (Nd6 [sneak attack] + 2N [sap adept, knockout artist]) x2 [Pinning Knockout] each time. 1/rd +2d6 [Boar Style]

interesting that you can make every attack in your flurry with one natural weapon, but otherwise you can only use it once (right?). I think i'll trade 2 levels of brawler for 1 of Monk (Martial Artist) for flurry.

Ravids are a positive energy outsider that Paizo decided not to pick up when they used the OGL for Pathfinder. We'll be reprinting them with the Ethumions.

The Ethumions have not changed, fluffwise, since their original teaser half a year ago.

>a psionic equivalent to the Spark of Divinity/Sanguine Sorcery feat lines
But those are bad, a daily SLA per 4 ECL isn't worth a feat.

Later.

You're the 4th person in line on asking me to look over something, and the first person is someone for whom I'm actually working on something with, so it won't be immediate. Gareth still has something that I need to finish looking over too, and occult archetypes 2 isn't going to proof itself.

>MFW none of these are even my projects, my own projects are still waiting to be loved.

Is he as annoying as ever?