Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

White Dwarf edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
That is disappointing.

Other urls found in this thread:

vendio.com/stores/Docs_Games_Store/category/page=2/__http_host=www.vendio.com/catId=4411501
ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/the-errant-questor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>That is disappointing

night
goblins
are
best
goblins

And Savage Orruks are the best orruks

Spider Gobbos disagree

*sigh*

This is effectively an abusive household. They keep hitting me and I keep coming back,

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

I'm looking for inspiration for Chaos soldiers who are not warrior/marauder based. Just corrupted humans. Does anyone have pics/links for something like that? Searching for Chaos Cultists just gets me the 40k versions or mordheim which isn't exactly what i'm looking for.

>their killy beasts have more than 2 feet

literally the worst grots. Even those sissy vanilla gobbers ride things with half the amount of feet

Most

disappointing

buildup

to

a

model

ever.

I mean, even with all the others where it can be argued that the design is shit and wonky, AT LEAST THEY FUCKING DID SOMETHING UNIQUE!

Beastmen player here, any word on new models for us/updates? Or am I still stuck in the 'technically-supported-but-may-as-well-not-be' corner?

should I even still hold on to hope?

No rumors, even distant rumors.

So don't expect anything soon. Every dog will have his day, though, so it will most likely happen at some point, but we have no word on any soonish stuff.

Rumors coming right now are Grungni Duardin and Tzeentch stuff.

That feel when no fleshed out gobbo factions on the horizon...

That feel when the armies I want arent out.
>No arcanites
>No steam dorfs
>No new death army
>No gobbos
>No settra

Fuck me marc.

>Basically a converted Unforged
Fucking GW - i'd rather have had the Slaughterpriest

>thread made 3 hours ago
>11 replies
>page 8

ded thread
ded game

GG no re

Its because everyones at work

There hasn't been any good new content in almost a month, the season of war campaign is over and no new rumors have popped up. What's there to talk about?

What do you guys think of this game for someone just starting out in tabletops? It looks fun from videos and a gw store isn't very far, but the startup cost is quite high and with no way to demo any games I'm hesitant

>just starting out in tabletops?
Pretty good, 4 pages of rules is ez to learn

>startup cost is quite high
Compared to 40k AoS is a steal, my 2k Vampire list only ~£175, and you can buy a Start Collecting for >60% of a 1k list for £50

To be honest I was basing my startup costs on the starter set+paints and brushes from gw. Which probably inflated prices. where do you get your models?

I'm new to painting models as well, are citadel paints the best bar none ?

Are you from the UK? If you're aorund London i cannot recommend Dark Sphere enough.
If non UK, then look for any discount retailer - easily save 20% per box of stuff

As for the paints/brushes - i can't really comment since i've only used GW stuff. but i do go through a lot of brushes, despite taking good care of them
Go ask in the /wip/ threads for better advice on that

Extremely expensive models, mediocre rules, small or spotty community in my experience.

If you're just trying to get your feet wet in wargaming, unless you have some reason to be loyal to GW, try something like X-Wing or Kings of War.

>expensive

Seriously? I can start a beastclaws army for what? like 2-3 hundred bucks? A box of say liberators is like what? 40 bucks on amazon? Really not that bad user.

X-Wing is good though.

The slaughterpriest is coming in the white dwarf anyway. This repackaged mini is going to be for sale.

Dude, don't even bother. he's grasping at straws.

that is a start and no where near the 2k points you need for normal games. Also for 300$ for other systems you get a full army, not a starter. Infinity, warmahordes,xwing will give a full army for 300$.

You play 2000 as normal? Over here we do 1000-1500 for normal

Yeah I'm really tempted to start a small death force. Start collecting flesh easters for a vamp on dragon, 3 varghiests and 10 'zombies' then either some chaos knights as blood knights or get some more zombies. Likely end up less than 100 quid either way

I only found 1 shop in the north of the uk that sold warmachine (it was proud of that accolade) and no players or shops here in China. China is firm warhammer territory and AOS is cheapest game going

No one plays 1-1,5k points, it is dominated by shoting armies and no counters to it. At 2k if you house rule that summoning doesn't cost points, you at least remove most of the shoting cancer lists.
UK-a place where GW killed most flags, and those that are left run GW stuff.
China-aka singapor. a place where GW killed all the flags in the 90s etc
So yeah, if you happen to live in a place where GW did mange to pull of their 90s-2000s plan of killing brick and mortar stores, and forcing those which are left to run only GW stuff, then yes you are right AoS is cheap. But it is cheap, the way butt sex is not homo durning war, in prison or when your in military.

I'm sorry your area is dominated by fucktards user.

Some of us are actually having fun at 1.5k point games without people ruining the fun.

?? sorry I dont understand what you mean by fucktard. under 2k is dominated by shoting armies, 2k without some house ruling is too. Why would anyone call someone who wants an efficient army a fucktard is beyond me. Does it mean that if someone has a bad army, he is a swell chap?

>fucktard

Play with open field like whfb, when AoS need some huge terrain block like 40k.

>Play with huge terrain
Flying armies suddenly dominate everything, because they can hover over terrain and no one is in range to touch them, besides those god damn shoting armies. Genius level of game play.

>Flying armies suddenly dominate everything

Flying armies have really low models count, how can they denial objective with 5+ models, and furthermore huge terrain block los between deployment zone, not your own. Once flyers passed the terrain, they are nothing but the only target.

Are you assume that, if one bring huge terrains, opponent will go with pure melee?

Ah so the terrain is suppose to be LoS blocking too, Let me guess your some Wood Elf playing fag who wants additional forests to teleport stuff around in addtion to the free ones you get, while normal people that play dwarfs or empire wouldn't be able to get to objectives till turn 2-3.
Or some sigmarine player with their drop pod tactics. who cares about movment when you can just drop on an objective and wait for a dwarf army to walk around a huge forest for 2-3 turns while scoring points. And you cal people playing here fucktards

I'm from the US, California to be exact, I'm not sure where I should begin my search. Is anyone familiar with North American retailers?

Forgive my AOS general for I have sinned and given up on fire theme and gone full spooky green swamp theme.

Try the Gw store finder. Should mention stockists in California

Looks interesting. What hero will you use for them?

I've got a mix of 40k daemons and was thinking of giving this game a try since I have the models already, how do they fair in this game?

>wouldn't be able to get to objectives till turn 2-3

Which pitched battle you are talking about? All objective either in the middle of deployment zone or 12" away form your units, is that hard to reach? You assume everyone play with pure footslogging force?

Stop shifting the goalpost, the original post is talking about shooting armies can be deal with huge terrains.

>play stormcast or sylvaneth
>suddenly not normal because you can use your traits your advantages.

user what the fuck are you even rambling on about?

thinking of keeping it pure spooks atm, So just Cairn Wraiths and Banshees spam for the hero slots. I have a Mortis Engine to assemble now as well.

Dwarfs do not have mounted units, neither do empire builds that are worth taking.
Ah and in the first place you would have to have a store where someone actualy wanted huge LoS blockning terrein. Infinity players do not want it. Warmahorde players do not want it. And for w40k players it favors only certein armies, so people do not want it. Kings and 9th age players do not want huge terrein either in their games. So you would more or less have to build your own, and then force other people at the store to accept to use it to screw them over. And am 100% sure that someone who already paid and build an AoS army is going to say no, to someone who wants to make their army wasted money.

the fact that shoting armies are suppose to be nerfed in to oblivion just, because people with newer codex want to win, and use unfair rules and tailor terrein to their liking. Also elfs and sigmarines are gay fag armies, normal people play dwarfs or orcs, or something like chaos summoning lists, which GW decided to nerf after people actualy bought enough models to run them.

What the helm am I supposed to do with the liberators from the starter box or more where am I supposed to get the extra 2-handers?

>Dwarfs do not have mounted units

Did you read the GHB? The objective is 12" away from your army, and you can claim them if your models within 6". The dwarfs(duardins whatever) move 4+4"(always run). And empire they can't claim objective if they rolled 1 on d6(they have vanguard archers anyway).

Stop here plz, you have no idea how AoS work.

Start Collecting box comes with 2 I think.

>Infinity players not wanting LoS blocking terrain

Wut...

they want LoS blocking futuristic buildings which are not one huge solid wood or hill.

Why do future wargame players never want to use old style buildings in terrain.
I mean, The future isn't gonna get rid of all the old/modern houses magically, and places that have shit shacks aren't gonna magically not have shit shacks. They'll just have future shit stapled on them

"The Warstore" is a webstore that is good for sourcing stuff. Vallejo paint is the best stuff I've used. Right blend of cheap, dropper bottle, huge selection, works well, etc.

Great so far, plaguebearers and bloodletters want to be in big units so don't do MSU with them

Learned the hard way about positioning. Always think about the 3 inch in combat radius or you will draw in tons of minotaurs

>Painting the drumstick metal and pretending it's a mace.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this.

starter collection when?

Too bad man. Really liked the fire/aqshy themed nighthaunts. And despite your worries about how they were coming out, I think they looked awesome.

That's not to say that what you decided was wrong. This theme also looks good.

That's a shame, they looked awesome.

Your generic ghosts are alright I suppose?

>Played my Nurgle Daemons against Sylvaneth
>Opponent got incredibly upset and vocal about me regenerating all the wounds
>End of the game he packed up his models without saying a word and walked away without shaking hands

Despite remaining trying to remain lighthearted throughout I couldn't help but >mfw when he walked off in a huff

Thanks lads, I really didn't like how the fire was coming out on the spirit hosts. I may use that fire theme on something else though down the track once I have gotten better with it. I am very tempted to give the green spooks a gloss coat and make them slimy though!

sounds like he was a bit of a "delicate flower"

>mfw sylvaneth regenerates less wounds than the enemy
he didn't even try

(mostly) shameless repost for more attention :3

Hey /tg

I think about a new project:
A human dragon knights army.
Hard focus on human dragon knights.

It should be more for the project itself than for playing competitively but still playable.
And rule wise it should be more or less GH compatible.

The dark elf dragon warscrolls isn't exactly shit but worse than the high elf one. IMHO.
So the first ideas are three "dragons" and roughly 3*10 free people guard I think. Just for the battlelines.

Okay now here it is:
1. You guys think I should go fully on three warrior dragons or should I take an archmage or drakeseer in?
2. The models. I need human riders, but I don't want any full plate shit! Something you believe can more or less on a dragons back. Ideas?
3. Maybe I can change even some of the dragon models. Are there any good alternate dragon models in scale (pun intended) and style to the GW one?

How did you paint that?
Looking nice, user

Doc's Discount Games have the best prices I've seen stateside;

vendio.com/stores/Docs_Games_Store/category/page=2/__http_host=www.vendio.com/catId=4411501

Oh, & for the user looking for Knight Questor rules:

ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/the-errant-questor/

also, guys, should I pursue a Stormcast or Bonesplitters army? 'Splitters only have a handful of units, but a great range of spells, while the Stormcast look fun/easy to paint, but the gamer in me in underwhelmed by their Retr-bomb/drop-pod play-style, & only the lamer battalions/formations have point-costs . . .

If you like dakka go bone splittaz. Their shootas can put out like 200 shots from a single squad if buffed properly.

Of course playing like that wouldn't make you any friends. Best take some regular boys too.

As soon as they give them a big plastic kit I guess.

Do Khorne bloodbound play differently enough from Stormcasts so it would be worth it to just build a force out of them if I cannot off-load the Khorne miniatures from the starter box?
Also can they get Bloodthirsters?

I'm so glad I still have a proper White Dwarf.

Can't wait to read the cringe worthy article in the new white dwarf hyping this up and telling us what an incredible and bold and brave new step this is thanks to Age of Sigmar

Any rules for him?

Stormcasr are cheaper, especially with Ebay and stuff. Bonesplitterz seem like a cool army if you don't go full WAAC like here.

Can always add some Ironjawz later on.

White Dwarf.

>gay fag armies

Tell me where the lightning lads and the bark mulch brigade touched you.

He is being held up by Josef Bugman AND Gotrek Gurnison???

>poor grammar
>random "fact" spewing
>various insults for no reason

I know that news is slow right now but please stop falling for this bait.

He is. It also came with its own rules.

In the start collecting flesh eater courts box
can you build the ghoul king on foot AND the terrorgheist? or only him riding? I'm a bit confused

Pretty sure you can field both individually but i think riderless terrorghiests are not flesh eater counts aligned. Might/probably wrong.

you can
they are

There are two riderless Terrorgheist and Zombie Dragon Warscrolls at the moment.
One buffed Flesh-Eater Courts aligned.
And the old crappy Beasts of the Grave aligned one.
Pretty meh.

Off topic, white dwarf weekly 131 epub is up, still need 81, 121, 122 to complete my collection.

RIP aos general

Arcanites are supposed to be getting a full release, which will likely include tzaangors

Tzeentch release when?

>This shitty "grombridal"
>Duncans last few tutorials were shitty.

I can't handle it /aosg/

They've teased/leaked the white dwarf cover. Not much on there we didn't know, I don't think, but still.

Doing nothing at all would have been the correct course of action instead of pretending to release a unique miniature. A resin cash of one of the old minis would had been better.

>that artwork

>pretending to release a unique miniature
They aren't pretending, they clearly said it was a repackaged unforged.

Why is that Blood Warrior trying to hold back the Slaugherpriest?

>Woah Woah there, Korgotrak. Take it easy

It's fucking lame, though.

I would have preferred a unique miniature, but they're being honest with what it is, and it's a small promotional thing for the new magazine. I think the community have (rightfully) hyped it up more than they should have though.

>Stormcloud Attack
Is it weird I have no fucking clue what that is?

>it's the community's fault

I'm not blaming the community at all, I'm siding with them.

>Why is that Blood Warrior trying to hold back the Slaugherpriest?

Because the Slaughterpriest is about to slaughter him? Gorechosen is about arena fighting with Khornate heros.

I think user is trying to say we let our expectations get the best of us.