Horus Heresy General /hhg/

You Can't Believe What We Feel Edition
Denial ain't just a river Sub-Edition
An ALfag got help in the last thread, we discussed Dorn's actions in the recent novel and what super senses each Primarch gets, Anons tried to improve the Mastodon's design as they argued about Alpharius's intentions, an IHfag posted his minis and we learned Ducan's an Alpha Legionary plus much more in the last bread ed Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

So any major differences between Omegon and Alpharius?

Phobos Bolter is fine! Has no need of fancy scopes or special ammunition.

GIVE POTATO

I haven't forgotten what you told me, Alpharius. We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the galaxy will no longer need us. No need for the bolter, or the hand to pull the trigger. I have to drive out this daemon inside me - build a better future. That's what I - what we - will leave as our legacy. Another campaign, right Alpharius?

One is actually very short and the other are two words

One wears different colored armor, the other got brain tumors through Eldar phallic tentacles to believe the Cabal's lies(headcanon), the other's dead, the other's alone now, and Omegon seems to be the more reasonable one.

One is dead.

For a second I read it as phospex bolter and got insta shell shock.
If I don't eat tacos, I'll eat potato again

So, do any of you believe all that speculah that Omegon was the first GK commander?

Discuss.

Back when the only dead AL Primarch was Alpharius at Eskrador, yes.
Now I don't know what to believe in.
I don't know where that "lol that's Janus' statue" story happens, and I also thought Sevatar was going to be Khyron, but he ended up getting caught in a DA ship, so I don't know.

>not fulton-teleporting Imperial Herald veterans away for reconditioning and recruitment

>Act one:
The Emperor is a dick to a stubborn idiot
>Act two:
Everything goes to hell and billions die...or end up agonizingly alone.

>Imagine how degrading it would be for your God/idol to destroy something you'd created in his name.

I painted that Imperial Fist for you, Duncan...sure the yellow was a little thick, but was that a reason to burn my orphanage to the ground, with the miniature in it?

I can't be the only one who remembers that Space Hulk mission about handing the tele-fulton to a terminator with a faulty device.
What I can't remember is if that particular terminator was alive to begin with...

Well we still have that story coming up anyways. Omegon, unlike Alpharius, seems to be less prideful and more practical than his brother.

I honestly think Emps should have sent Morty there and lit a match. Those Barbaran fumes would have set Lorgar straight, but He should have made Lorgar read the PDF pic related comes from until he found a 2deep4u meaning in it.

Iron Warrior GM runs a campaign in between war zones.

This is correct. They also play 30k and Great Crusade canonically.

>Pepsi universe
I have this document saved in my IRL relics folder. Right next to the voynich manuscript and something to do with hunting witches.

not as rude as plastering a label all over someone

lorgar deserved it

The entire Horus Heresy setting is something an Iron Warrior GM or a group of Iron Warrior GMs homebrewed up during their downtime?

Mind posting the PDF?
>Right next to the voynich manuscript and something to do with hunting witches.
Details?

Or just dropped Lorgar on Barbarus?

>entire imperial doctrine revolves around not doing one specific thing
>Lorgar does that thing

If it's a potato dream cooked by the bitter boys, please, I want to wake up.
It only goes from sad to worse, for everyone.

That could end up horribly for both parties.

No, but that's now my new headcanon. The Horus Heresy and 40k are just supplements that Perturabo made, mostly to make fun of Lorgar and all the other guys he didn't like. Also because he's the master of tabletop. Or something along those lines.

The Emperor's main mistake was to give these misfits their legions in the first place.

Angron and Curze should have been locked up right away.
Lorgar should have been found unfit to command due to his religiosity and have been given other duties.
Mortarion was chaos corrupted and should have been watched at the very least.

Unfortunately I won't have access to my computer until Tuesday but I'm sure some other user will have copies of the Pepsi document and the voynich manuscript for you.

The Pepsi document was a design document for the new Pepsi logo that was filled to the brim with total bullshit and pseudo-science. The voynich manuscript is a coded or lost language document that is likely just a medieval hoax, but a fun 'read' nonetheless.

If I don't see them posted between now and when I have my computer I'll put them up for you.

Mortarion had problems, but as far as crusading goes he was acceptable. He's miles better than the stooges of Lorgar, Angron and Curze.

typhus was the problem

Not as horribly as the Horus Heresy.

All senpai needed was an equally crazy girl like me to love him like I do!

Asking again since I posted just before the swap:

Which quad mortar shells are actually worthwhile? Where is the shell shock rule?

If I cosplay as Curze can I hate fuck you?

Frag, shatter and Phosphex imo.

And frankly the Lion was chaos corrupted and should have been under surveillance too.

Magnus should have been kept close to emperor and Malcador. His legion should have been disbanded, so that he wouldn't have to make deals with the big four to save them.

"We hold our bolters in missing gauntlets. We stand tall on missing greaves. We stride forward on the power armored carapaces of our fallen. Then, and only then, are we alive. This "Bitterness" is ours and no one else's. A secret weapon we wield, out of sight. We will be stronger than ever. For our victory... Still, It doesn't feel like this is over..."

I wasn't here when you first showed up, so I don't know but do you have a 30k army?
a 40k army?
do shit-post here semi-professionally?

I was going to write then as an or statement but then I remembered you could answer yes if only one was true and I wouldn't learn anything.

>Angron and Curze should have been locked up right away.
He knew Angron was beyond salvation and doomed to die, so he tried to fix not doing battle along him on Nuceria by sending him forth to war, to burn out rather than slowly die due to the nails.
I guess he didn't imagine he'd become the Blood God's son. He fully seemed to want a warrior's death for him and be done with it.

>believes the traitor lion memes
>thinks Magnus made a deal with the pantheon
Learn your fluff m8

>His legion should have been disbanded
In ye olde fluff, they almost were. Because everyone fucking hated psykers.

then they added the flesh change stuff which makes it even more strange the emperor didn't put a stop to things

Refer to the second part of If you're convincing we can regular fuck even

MAGNUS

DID

NOTHING

WRONG

yes

FW is his side business.

>If you're convincing we can regular fuck even
Oh Curzefag we could shit up threads together

>Mortarion was chaos corrupted and should have been watched at the very least.
He seemed normal besides the smell.
>And frankly the Lion was chaos corrupted and should have been under surveillance too.
Proof that doesn't come out the mouth of a whinny jobber?
Why did the change it to the Flesh Change instead of too many wizards?

Of all the Primarchs, Magnus should have been informed of what his purpose was and what not to do.

Magnus did nothing wrong but he still managed to ruin everything.

also I just want to know if you run 30k NLs and/or 40k NLs

>believes the loyalty is its own reward memes

Even if the Lion wasn't a traitor, he was highly suspect.
Having him watched would have been the reasonable thing to do.

>thinks Magnus made a deal with the pantheon
Implying he didn't. He was frolicking with the pantheon while still in his incubation tank.

>Normal
>THE TREES, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE
>HERETICS IN THE WIRE, GET TO COVER!

That would explain why he has since stopped creating IW models.
>Comes up with some IW minis
>THEY'RE NOT THE BEST THEY COULD BE! *shatters them with the hammer of Olympia*

So what about Alpharius and Omegon? Considering how they fucked things up in their own way.

They don't call him "The Breaker" for nothing.

But the Dreadnought is legitmately good?

Swap it out with the imitation MkIV helm that is actually a MkII helm with a reinforced faceplate. I hate that one.

"I won't scatter your cortex to the heartless sea. I will always be with you, ride the Ironfire with me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all iron...We are Beep Boops.

What I don't like is the chest, I'm fine with the Robotnik moustache.

But the chest looks fine to me?

>Perty found some HH/40k book on Olympia and named himself after himself
>Later he creates a line of RPGs and tabletop game based on the fragments
Is Perty a self-inserter?

>Magnus should have been informed of what his purpose was and what not to do.
I had a picture detailing the rights and wrongs of Magnus, an incomplete one I might add, and Mags feigned shock and horror when Emps told him about what dwells in the Warp.
Brokeback Primarch much?
>Even if the Lion wasn't a traitor, he was highly suspect.
He wasn't.
Caliban was basically if made a forest version of Nam. The Lion's shell shocked.

Duncan wears a fucking Ultramarines t-shirt in the Word Bears tutorial.

Also, are there any girls in your classes?

>All senpai needed was an equally crazy girl like me to love him like I do!
I think all the primarchs could benefit from having qt loving waifus (I'm not implying that you are either of those things), or just a loving family as they grew up.

Look at Guilliman. He had a surrogate mom and dad and he turned out as a normal dude compared to all the other primarchs.

Somewhat. He actually made himself realistic rather than the OP main character. And he didn't find the books, he wrote them himself!

Though, for laughs we could say that Perturabo's ideal vision from Angel Exterminatus where he was a Diplomat and the Imperium is Nobledark/bright and he just wrote 30/40k for fun and legitimately self-inserted as a grimdark edgy version of himself.

Sanguinias had a wife in old canon. Hopefully they keep that canon.

>Though, for laughs we could say that Perturabo's ideal vision from Angel Exterminatus where he was a Diplomat and the Imperium is Nobledark/bright and he just wrote 30/40k for fun and legitimately self-inserted as a grimdark edgy version of himself.
This is hilarious.

Isn't Vulkan even better in that regard when it comes to being stable? Loves humans, hates space elves.

>He wasn't.
His legion's pathological secrecy should have raised some eyebrows.

stahp

Gold is for the mamzel -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the artisan cunning at his trade."
"Good!" said the Warmaster, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."

So he made rebellion 'gainst the Emperor his liege,
Camped before his palace and summoned it to siege.
"Nay!" said the Iron Warrior on the rampart wall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- shall be master of you all!"

Shoot, forgot to link to

So where does 'actual' HH fluff end and Perty's stories begin?

>Also, are there any girls in your classes?
Yes. My Spanish class is small but there's more grills than guys(just me and another guy) in it.
Write it off as brooding and deep in thought.
>mfw
Not happening.

So who we read about wasn't really Perturabo but...Punished Perturabo, aka the Apothecary?

>Sanguinias had a wife in old canon. Hopefully they keep that canon.
Well, maybe that protected him from becoming a chaos cuck.

He was a good guy, but he wasn't as "normal" as Girleyman.

This is hurting my brain

Woe for the Warmaster and his sons so strong,
When the cruel macro-cannon laid 'em all along;
He was taken prisoner, he was cast in thrall,
And Iron -- Cold Iron -- was master of it all!

Yet his Emperor spake kindly (ah, how kind a Lord!)
"What if I release thee now and give thee back thy sword?"
"Nay!" said the Warmaster, "mock not at my fall,
For Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of men all."

I guess so. I'd still trust Vulkan over Girlyman though. I wonder if he'd appreciate fireworks.

Depends. If we're going for canon grimdark where he's leading the IV legion on conquests through the Great Crusade, the HH never happened, it's just theoretical realistic expansions to Great Crusade and Conquest that he got away with because no one pays attention to him and he's bitter about it.

If this is the Noblebright Diplomat and Grand Architect Perturabo, then everything is just satire and a fun game set in a Grim and Dark alternate future of the Imperium.

"Tears are for the Raven, prayers for Word Bearers --
Halters for the silly neck that cannot keep a leather."
"As my loss is grievous, so my hope is small,
For Iron -- Bitter Iron -- must be master of men all!"

Warsmith Barabas Dantioch is Perturabo's GMPC.

But user...

Come on Curzefag, this is metafiction 101
Before I decide which I prefer, are noblebright!Perty and Dorn best friends?
NopenopenopeNOPEnopenopenope

Correction, Barabas Dantioch is Perturabo's Loyalists Campaign GMPC from when he and his sons wanted to playtest his Loyalist Forces supplement book and he decided that he still wanted to play an Iron Warrior who was everything he wanted to be. Friends with the cool kids? Check. Got to build the coolest fortress ever? Check. Had epic armor and skills with an awesome backstory? Check.

"Laurels are for the valiant -- commendations for the bold!
Thrones and powers for mighty primarchs who dare to take and hold!"
"Nay!" said the Lord of Iron, kneeling in his hall,
"But Iron -- Bitter Iron -- is master of men all!
Iron out of Fire is master of men all!"

I don't want any. Dantioch's too pure for that.

Such a lust for revenge!

In this way, he felt that he really mattered. That he really was needed.

Somewhat. They maintain a friendly rivalry, though Pert jests at Rogal's lack of humour, and constantly challenges him to design better building than he that are both pleasing to the eye, yet still highly functional. Rogal enjoys these competitions, but still does not understand any jokes Perturabo makes. He also neither approves nor disapproves the game that he invented, so long as it does not interferes with his duties.

Why are you Unificaion now? Where's the T?
Kek, alright. It was just a joke.
I was going to write "Such a lust for artillery!", but you posted it first.

Have Faith, Word Bearer

...I think I ship Dantilux now.

"He mentioned something interesting: Horus is pursuing new research. He claims that what they're doing Molech is the missing piece... The power to surpass the Emperor."

Where's the Scorpion repellent when you need it?

Yet another fetish? Oh my.
I'm dry. I have no more MGS quotes to respond.
You only care about scorpions when you see them because I've been posting all this time as user since the phosphex bolter

How is Noblebright!Perturabo's relationships with the other Primarchs?

Thought so. The spoiler image with the scorpion gave it away.

>You did it, Perty-san. You defeated the orks when we couldn't.
>We gotta celebrate this. Bring out the ambrosia. Let us drink until we can't even remember our own names.
>*the battle report states that the engagement was won by three nameless comrades in arms*

How did I not notice this.
Fuck.
Ok, this version is better.

>Perturabo
>joking
It's hard to imagine them as the Gorgon and the Flower pot all over again when both are the Gorgon.
A IF&IW fortress would be like a dream. Auric Walls surrounded by razor wire and trenches.

"In his eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the galaxy's ever known isn't biological. It's immaterial. Psychic power is what keeps civilization, our Imperium, alive. Free the galaxy, not by taking men's lives but by taking their minds."

A ship is not a fetish

Horus the Warmaster approves, and finds it hilarious, though odd, that he was made the main antagonist of the series. The game is rather popular among the Sons of Horus, as it gives them another thing to do while not in combat.

Sanguinias loves all his brothers.

He and Mortarion still hate eachother. In fact, everyone still hates Mortarion. He's a dick.

Magnus is his best friend and the brother he is closest to, as they both share a love of knowledge. Perturabo's game is most popular with the Thousand Sons as they Magnus was given it as a gift in recognition of their friendship.

Roboute Guilliman appreciates his work as a Diplomat and as an Architect. Perturabo's wargame is popular within the Ultramarines as they use it as a massive strategy battle simulator and training game. He manages to improve upon it without telling anyone. His improvements consist of making the Ultramarines slightly stronger than every other army.

Pls no.

>>Three nameless comrades-in-arms.
Kek.

This galaxy will become one; I have found the way. Legion, lodge affiliations, vassal oaths... Even our faces will be irrelevant. The galaxy that The Emperor envisioned will finally become a reality and it will make mankind whole again.