/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

South of the Border Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit
List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R
ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes
/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mediafire.com/download/u88nuwta6842obw/Osprey - ELI 137 - The Mexican Revolution 1910-20.pdf
mediafire.com/download/dq2tecj86f2xacg/Osprey - MAA 230 - The US Army 1890-1920.pdf
mediafire.com/download/eq8sa1xcvam8dgo/Osprey - ELI 134 - Buffalo Soldiers 1892-1918.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cf3f2h8ksh4yiva/Osprey - BOR 028 - Eighth Army North Africa 1941-43.pdf
mega.nz/#!i90jEapZ!HIuGuBMeVSYE9fGLzGt_7KDb1yPDqyCXYNFx1NjHLlw
wargamevault.com/product/191978/Ostfront--Main-Rules
bigredbatshop.co.uk/collections/all/bases
warestablishments.net/Great Britain/Infantry/Infantry Battalion Middle East November 1942.pdf
britishmilitaryhistory.co.uk/webeasycms/hold/uploads/bmh_document_pdf/1_-Infantry-Battalion-1939-1940.pdf
desertrats.org.uk/orginfantry.htm#1RB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Soldier
youtube.com/watch?v=rNYo6UFYCsM
wargamevault.com/product/187621/Banzai--Age-of-the-Country-at-War--2ndEd?manufacturers_id=10165
mediafire.com/download/7b4d4i88vrqypin/Osprey - WAR 114 - African-American Soldier in the Civil War.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=UcINDQDOUpk&ab_channel=antisciaf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

410 – The sacking of Rome by the Visigoths ends after three days.
1776 – Battle of Long Island: In what is now Brooklyn, New York, British forces under Howe defeat Americans under Washington.
1793 – French Revolutionary Wars: The city of Toulon revolts against the French Republic and admits the British and Spanish fleets to seize its port, leading to the Siege of Toulon.
1798 – Wolfe Tone's United Irish and French forces clash with the British Army in the Battle of Castlebar, part of the Irish Rebellion of 1798, resulting in the creation of the French puppet Republic of Connacht.
1810 – Napoleonic Wars: The French Navy defeats the British Royal Navy, preventing them from taking the harbour of Grand Port on Île de France.
1813 – Napoleon I defeats a larger force of Austrians, Russians, and Prussians at the Battle of Dresden.
1832 – Black Hawk, leader of the Sauk tribe of Native Americans, surrenders to U.S. authorities.
1896 – Anglo-Zanzibar War: The shortest war in world history (45mins), between the United Kingdom and Zanzibar.
1914 – Battle of Étreux: A British rearguard action by the Royal Munster Fusiliers during the Great Retreat.
1916 – The Kingdom of Romania declares war on Austria-Hungary, entering World War I as one of the Allied nations.
1918 – Mexican Revolution: Battle of Ambos Nogales: U.S. Army forces skirmish against Mexican Carrancistas in the only battle of World War I fought on American soil.
1922 – Greco-Turkish War: The Turkish army takes the city of Afyonkarahisar from the Kingdom of Greece.
1928 – The Kellogg–Briand Pact outlawing war is signed by the first fifteen nations to do so. Ultimately sixty-one nations will sign it.
1979 – A Provisional IRA bomb kills Lord Mountbatten and three others while they are boating on holiday in Sligo, Republic of Ireland. Shortly after, 18 British Army soldiers are killed in an ambush near Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland.

It is 98 years since the Battle of Ambos Nogales, an engagement fought between Mexican forces and elements soldiers of the U.S. 35th Infantry Regiment, who were reinforced by the Buffalo Soldiers of the 10th Cavalry Regiment. The American soldiers and militia forces were stationed in Nogales, Arizona, and the Mexican soldiers and armed Mexican milita were in Nogales, Sonora. This battle was notable for being a significant confrontation between U.S. and Mexican forces during the Border War which took place in the context of the Mexican Revolution and the First World War.

It occurred after the Zimmermann telegram during World War I, when the international border between the two Nogales was a wide-open boulevard named International Street. Several previous fatal incidents had occurred in this area, which helped increase international tensions and led to armed conflict. This included the claim of German military advisors as agitators with Villa rebels, claims of racism, and border politics. Tension increased when Mexicans were seen digging trenches on the hills overlooking the border. Things came to a head on August 27, 1918 at about 4pm, when shots were fired, wounding one American soldier and killing two Mexican customs officials. It began in a muddle of confused orders and misinterpreted actions; all that was needed to set off the tinderbox, and firing across the border became general.

Under heavy fire, the U.S. forces under Lt Colonel Herman crossed the border through the streets of Nogales, Sonora. Members of the 10th Cavalry advanced through a building in red-light district of the Mexican border town where many of the "fightened señoritas" recognized them, according to First Sergeant Thomas Jordan of the 10th Cavalry. Jordan remarked "I got a laugh when one them spoke to a trooper, saying 'Sergeant Jackson! Are we all glad to see you!' But we did not have time to tarry for the soldier to alibi his acquaintanceship."

As the violence escalated, the Mayor of Nogales, Sonora, Felix Peñaloza, sought to stop the shooting. He took a white handkerchief, tied it to his cane, and ran into the streets of his city hoping to quell the violence. As U.S. troops advanced, from their positions across the line, Peñaloza pleaded with them to put down their weapons. Despite later accounts to the contrary by US military personnel, an official note from the US Consulate in Nogales, Sonora, confirmed that a shot “from the Arizona side” felled the Mexican mayor. The mortally wounded Peñaloza was dragged into a nearby pharmacy, “where nothing could be done to save him.” He died a half hour later.

U.S. and Mexican sources differ on the success of U.S. troops taking the hills immediately to the east of the twin cities. U.S. sources indicate that the heights were taken by a combined assault of the 10th Cavalry and 35th Infantry. For their part, Mexican sources highlight the participation of the Buffalo Soldiers of the 10th Cavalry during the assault. It is also claimed that the Mexican townspeople of Nogales stopped the assault at the eastern end of the Nogales communities. Nevertheless, during the assault Capt. Hungerford was killed while leading the charge on the hill. Meanwhile, a few US civilians used their vehicles to shuttle troops toward the border, but only one US military vehicle crossed the border delivering supplies and retrieving the wounded. American militia that became involved, stayed on the American side, firing their weapons from the windows of their houses. An eye witness of the shooting claimed that the disordered involvement of US civilians in the border fight “didn’t help the progress of the ‘war’ any.” Late in the fighting, members of the 35th Infantry placed a machine gun on top of a stone building and fired into the Mexican positions. The capture of the heights and this machine gun fire encouraged the end of the fighting.

With Peñaloza's death, panicked officials in the Nogales, Sonora, city hall and the Mexican Consul in Nogales, Arizona worked to bring about a cease-fire before further bloodshed. After initial contacts with Lt. Col. Herman were unsuccessful in ending the violence - the military commander in Nogales, Arizona, was wounded in the thigh during the fight - the local Mexican officials agreed to raise a white flag over the community's most prominent structure at the time, the Mexican customs house. About 7:45 pm, the Mexicans waved a large white flag of surrender over their customs building. Lt. Col. Herman observed this and ordered an immediate cease fire. Snipers on both sides continued shooting for a while after the cease fire, but were eventually silenced upon the efforts of their leaders on both sides.

The United States Army suffered three dead and 29 wounded, of which one died. A great deal of uncertainty surrounds the actual number of Mexican casualties from the incident. According to the United States Army official report, the graves for 129 Mexicans were dug. However, reports in various newspapers ranged from 30 to 130 dead and over 300 wounded in action.

The US government's investigation into the battle indicated that the origins of the violence were found in the resentment Mexican nationals felt from the US Customs officials' poor treatment and the sense of impunity that took place when killers went unpunished. Nevertheless, low-level rumors circulated of potential German involvement in this battle. Echoing the comments of some US participants in the battle, James P. Finley wrote in Huachuca Illustrated "found among the Mexican dead were the bodies of two German agents provocateurs." No further corroborating evidence - such as a description of these individuals' particular persons, belongings, or potential intelligence reconnaissance from Nogales residents - is presented by Finley or other authors who have written on the topic.

Historians who have investigated the brief conflict have generally repeated the allegations at the expense of obscuring the social tensions that led to the battle. No actual evidence in terms of documentation apart from historical hearsay exists to validate the claim of German spies during the Battle of Ambos Nogales; the considerable amount of documentary evidence that does exist instead highlights a less sensational, but no less significant level of social tensions caused by years of revolutionary turmoil along the border and mass hysteria during a major global struggle against the Central Powers.

This has the potential for an epic WW1 skirmish, with a distinctly late-Wild West feel - that particular flavour you get with the Mexican Revolution. Players could even expand on the supposed German involvement for an alternate historical take. This is a great chance to field the famous Buffalo Soldiers in action, too.

mediafire.com/download/u88nuwta6842obw/Osprey - ELI 137 - The Mexican Revolution 1910-20.pdf
mediafire.com/download/dq2tecj86f2xacg/Osprey - MAA 230 - The US Army 1890-1920.pdf
mediafire.com/download/eq8sa1xcvam8dgo/Osprey - ELI 134 - Buffalo Soldiers 1892-1918.pdf

>49006647

To answer Not Entirely user's query from last thread, I'd recommend you have a look at this

mediafire.com/download/cf3f2h8ksh4yiva/Osprey - BOR 028 - Eighth Army North Africa 1941-43.pdf

>Yes, I plan on building a WW2 version of Sharpe's Rifles

Sounds pretty damn cool actually. Have you ever read Garth Ennis' Rifle Brigade?

mega.nz/#!i90jEapZ!HIuGuBMeVSYE9fGLzGt_7KDb1yPDqyCXYNFx1NjHLlw

>Desired scans :
>Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List

You can take this one out, I uploaded it last thread. We only need the Germania campaign book for HC, and it'll be complete for now. Also, if any user happens to get a 10GBP coupon and feels like contributing, the Albiom Triumphant books have been on the list for a while now. If not, I'll probably get the first volume next month, but don't hold your breath.

Oh wow yes you did, thanks again. I remembered to delete the Bolt Action ones but missed that.

Hey if anyone wants to throw 5Core some bucks, they put out a pay-what-you-want pack.

Normandy, 1st edition 5C, and some extras.

fivemennormandy blogspot dk/2016/08/fivecore-retro-collection-available.html

Thanks for the tip, my last 1.5$ on my bank ccount went to him. Wish I could pay more, and now maybe I'll actually try one of Ivan's games...if it's half as good as you say it is, I won't be disappointed.

>Garth Ennis'
Into the fucking trash it goes

So what is the best ruleset for wargaming in the ancient period? i'm mainly interested in the successor period. i've heard mainly of DBA and Field of Glory. are those any good or do you have other suggestions?

DBA is geared towards competetive play, and FoG is recommended for reference table fetishist. If any of those are your things, they they are neat. Other than that, Hail Caesar, War and Conquest, Crusader, WAB, and another that's name I forgot but it's similar to WAB. My personal recommendation would be Hail Caesar because most books are in the folders, and if you want to expand into Pike and Shotte or Black Powder, the base rules are nearly the same.

To The Strongest might be a good option, I've heard decent things about it.

>Goblets and ancient coins somehow involved
Please tell me thats part of the game mechanic!?

Apparently it uses playing cards or chits instead of dice, so I suppose you could make your own stuff for them (i.e. ancient coins picked out of a goblet).

Sword and Spear is also quite nice.

Folks, does anyone happen to know where I can download the old Airfix magazines with the conversion and modeling guides? Reading the Wargaming Compendium and based on that, some interesting stuff is included.

We have a couple of their books in our stash (Ancients and ACW, I think). Trying googling around something like 'airfix magazine pdf + 1976' and you'll get lots of results from places like Ebookee, Avax, Scribd etc. There's a torrent or two around as well.

Thanks for the help, I'll check, and upload what I find to Mega, maybe others are interested too.

What changed between editions?

Read the description - apparently not much, but the newer edition is better edited plus much more pictures and eyecandy.

Friends, I am cheap, and I haven't read SAGA rules in quite some time. Which 4 point starter foot band is easiest (least subtle) to run without going joms?

BASED

Well folks, after an exhausting day of editing and finalizing... Ostfront is released. (on WargameVault) Currently have the 3 army books - Wehrmacht, Soviet Army and the Royal Italian Army.

I'll be editing and finishing off the US and British lists over the next few days, so most of the big factions will be in.

I'll put together some discount bundles when I work it out, so probably worth waiting if you're interested - /hwg/ has always been my support and inspiration, and I've been lurking here since it started, so I'd like to hook you guys up if anyone's looking for a comprehensive WW2 game at company to battalion level, with in-built map campaign.

My first week as a wargame publisher, I've published 5 rulesets, 3 30+ page army books, sold 30 units of rulesets and made $165USD. Pretty good start really.
Top seller has been the Russo-Japanese Land wars game, followed by the NZWars game.
Hopefully people get a lot of enjoyment out of these rules!

I'm not going to buy them because I have no interest in those conflicts, but I hope you do well man.

Oh, cracking stuff, I guess its time to wait for a bundle then.

Post link mate.

thanks guys

wargamevault.com/product/191978/Ostfront--Main-Rules

The thing I'm most pleased about is that we included a lot of units that aren't that common in other games. the NKL Aerosani is in, the T-28C is in Something like 3 different types of Panzer III and 4 types of StuG. Hetzer and Pz.38(t) are in, among many others.

Now I just need to find some 1/72 NKL Aerosani models...

you could probably do with some pictures which arent on a bed between unpainted models.

Thanks man, I'll pick it up as soon as I can and try it. Possible around the end of September, but it'll report back.

Those men are ready to do some fights damn.

Are they Fins?

Nvm, didn't see the huge star on the right vehicle.

I'd say they're probably soviets, I dont think the Finns used the Aerosani's could be wrong though. The vehicle saw wide usage in the Winter War so wouldn't be surprised if many were captured

HAH Agreed. I'd like to do some example videos for YouTube as well. Painting and basing all my infantry is a massive task... but one I must force myself to do at some stage. Thankfully my buddy has some nicely painted infantry I could use for the example images in the rules.

Great thanks! I'll sort out bundles and all the army lists will be finished by then

Managed to collect some epic WW2 photos along the way, in the search for cover images and background images

>Managed to collect some epic WW2 photos along the way, in the search for cover images and background images
you have got the relevant permissions for them (presuming they are copyrighted)? I don't want you to get fucked by the law.

It seems like a cool game, but the bases he sells are damn stylish.

bigredbatshop.co.uk/collections/all/bases

The holes are for optional magnets, but the real gimmick is the rough edges. They definitely look better than flat sides for some styles of game.

I can snap some pics of my stuffs you can use if you want.

Yep, sourced from creative commons archives. I definitely dont want to get law'd either.

Very helpful, thank you.

As a side note, I'm planning out a buy list for Bolt Action, and as mentioned, I'm trying to strike a balance between "historically accurate" and "won't make for a miserable play experience due to everyone else min-maxing the shit out of their army."

Does anyone with Bolt Action experience have an opinion on the following? (OTO stands for "Other than officer/NCO")

OPERATION LIGHTFOOT THEATRE LIST
1 Batt, Rifle Brigade + attachements
22nd Armored Brigade, 7th Armoured Division

**HQ (1 Off+5 OTOs) 149 points
>1st LT (90) Veteran
>+2 aides (26) Veteran
>Medic (23) Regular
>+1 Aide (10) Regular

**Able Section..........123 points......Regular
>NCO (50) Cpl
>+4 OTOs (free)
>+5 OTOs (50)
>Bren Gun (20)
>NCO SMG (3)

**Baker Section..........123 points......Regular
>NCO (50) Cpl
>+4 OTOs (free)
>+5 OTOs (50)
>Bren Gun (20)
>NCO SMG (3)

**Charlie Section..........123 points......Regular
>NCO (50) Cpl
>+4 OTOs (free)
>+5 OTOs (50)
>Bren Gun (20)
>NCO SMG (3)

Vickers MMG Team.....65 pts....Veteran

Light Mortar Team.....24 pts....Inexperienced

QF 6-pdr AT Gun....75 pts....Regular

No6 Commando Team.....95 pts.....Veteran
>NCO (70)
>+4 OTOs (free)
>5 SMGs (15)
>AT Grenades (10)
Bren Carrier for Commando Team....72pts....Veteran

1st Royal Tank Rgt. Mk VI Crusader III........145 pts.....Regular

Total: 994 pts

**I can get this out of the Perry Bros Desert Rats boxed set

My primary sources have been:
>warestablishments.net/Great Britain/Infantry/Infantry Battalion Middle East November 1942.pdf
>britishmilitaryhistory.co.uk/webeasycms/hold/uploads/bmh_document_pdf/1_-Infantry-Battalion-1939-1940.pdf
>desertrats.org.uk/orginfantry.htm#1RB

Seems like a solid list - a play a similar one in Normandy, tho I usually take an armoured car in place of the Commandos, and Cromwell as a tank. So it's fine, and you'll enjoy it - it's balanced, have enough anti-armor and anti-personnel power.

Be sure to post progress pics!

There's a new edition of BA coming in September that's supposed to nerf vehicles pretty heavily. What are you going to do if the Crusader is no longer viable?

>What are you going to do if the Crusader is no longer viable?
What the actual fuck, this is /hwg/, not /40k/

If that means you'll keep the cute tank even if its bad, thank you for your pure and historical love.

Crusader A CUTE!

I'm not him, but a Crusader tank is a Crusader tank, doesn't matter the edition. A light cruiser tank which was the mainstay of the British armoured forces in Africa for the most part.

Sheesh, that's why I'll stay with 1st ed with maybe some modifications if needed. If it ain't broken, don't fix it, armoured rules were fine. How would they nerf tanks by the way?

>weaponized memes

>rocket lawncher
Never fails to crack me up.

>rocket lawnchair?

That's not funny; Wan Hu died from that

Trying to figure out whether I want to run a Sengoku Jida era battle in Field of Glory:Renaissance (with their supplement for far east army lists), or in the dedicated system Killer Katanas 2. Anyone with experience in either system care to comment? The basing is incompatible. Killer Katanas 2 has a card system for turns and simpler rules, FoG has a "you go I go" system for turns and more charts.

Either way I'm planning on running it with Baccus 6mm samurai minis, they should be at my place in a few days.

Putting together a Bersaglieri platoon for Bolt Action, mostly based on historical TOEs. Figure I can use it to represent either the 5th Regiment with Centauro in Tunisia or the 8th Regiment w/ Ariete in the Western Desert. From what I can find, they /did/ use a triangular organization with three sections, so:

1 veteran 1st Lieutenant
-1 aide

Bersaglieri Squad (veterans)
-1 NCO w/ SMG
-2 man LMG team
-2 man LMG team
-6 rifles

-1 NCO w/ smg
-2 man LMG team
-8 rifles

-1 NCO w/ smg
-2 man LMG team
-8 rifles
-anti-tank grenades

Machine Gun Team (regular)
-3 men, MMG

Light Mortar Team (regular)
-2 men, light mortar

47/32 Elefantino (veteran)
-3 men, light anti-tank gun

AB41 Armored Car (regular)
-light automatic cannon, coax MMG, real hull MMG, recce

L3 Tankette
-2 hull MMGs

Total is 997 points.

I'll admit it lawst it.

Reminds me of when my grandparents took me to Fort Jackson when I wa younger. They have a small museum there, and the lady that was showing us stuff was like "Hey, do you want to hold an antitank rocket?" Of course it was just an empty, but for a kid it was still awesome as hell. Thanks for the good re-memory, user.

would anyone object if i had a unit of black troops in an ACW union black powder force

Well, I'll try to keep using the tank, because a Lightfoot-era list absolutely SHOULD have a bloody tank in support. If that doesn't work or I stop having fun, then I'll add a 4th section of Tommies, because a British platoon is *supposed* to have 4 sections plus an HQ element. So if anything, it'll be more historically accurate that way. Still, a Crusader is perfectly apropos in this list, so I'll give it a go regardless.

>How would they nerf tanks by the way?

From what I understand from my group's BA enthusiast, they're trying to reduce the number of people who are running loads of armor in lieu of infantry (ie, skew lists). In fairness, in BA you could take a platoon consisting of 2, 5-man rifle squads (inexperienced), a decent HQ, and a tank and flamethrower-equipped armored car. Then take ANOTHER platoon organized the same way. The game is supposed to be about infantry squads fighting with a maximum of one armored vehicle in support, so they're nerfing the ability for players to take vee-heavy lists, not the vees themselves (I gather).

And flamethrowers are getting nerf-batted hard, IIRC, because the current theme is to drop HE rounds from armor to put lots of pin markers on the unit (reducing their morale), then run up on somebody with a cheap flamethrower (or flame vehicle so it can't run out of ammo), torch the squad, and watch them fail their (reduced) morale check and be destroyed. It's not the way they wanted the game to be played, so they're fixing it to - theoretically - be more historical and less "game-y". Which I support.

I'm pretty sure there really were black units. Find one, paint it accurately and with the correct markings and you are all set.

i play 3mm so
>correct markings
just means I paint the skin black and select an appropriate flag

Ok, that actualy doesn't sound that bad. Tho if I want to play Tobruk at home with tons of tanks, I don't think so Warlord employees will kick the front door to keep me from doing that

.Buffalo Soldiers...the Union army indeed had black regiments.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Soldier

why do you think anyone would have a problem.

Im not american, It mightve been a weird issue or a rare occurence

Go and watch Glory, with Morgan Freeman

youtube.com/watch?v=rNYo6UFYCsM

Alright then.

American Civil War isn't really my thing so this had better be worth it!

Just expect it to be a 7/10 warmovie with Morgan Freeman, which makes it a lot better.

Once a friend of mine always got kicked out of a shopping mall for a singing along loudly and really badly with the chorus.

>always
almost

Agreed, though I'll admit I prefer where they're going with it re: limiting vehicle spam. I have nothing against vehicle-heavy games, as long as it's casual and we know about it going in. I just really really hate having to play in a game where I bring a generic "take all comers" list against a guy playing half of the 2nd SS Panzer Division and my AT weapons are limited to a couple of PIATs, y'know?

I'll also say that if I was going to play Tobruk or Kursk, I wouldn't be playing a 28mm ruleset. I remember playing a 6mm Kursk in college with something like 500 tank minis *per side* on a 6'x12' table surface and it was GLORIOUS.

Does somebody here have "The flower of Chivalry"?

Looks interresting.

That's why I'm glad we have a single club in our city and no stores with pickup games. We always organize games and agree on lists beforehand. Last time we played a good Bolt Action (mostly) tank game with 2k points of tanks and 1k points of infantry per side - the Germans won, but only by a small margin and it was definitely fun. If someone took 2k points of tonks against my 2k infantry without mentioning it, I'd be angry.

And for Tobruk, you could play a smaller action there with less stuffs, in a smaller scale...

Tell us more.

Well it's more of a companion book about the middle ages, with orginisation tables of different armies, heraldry and ideas to have medieval campaigns and such. There are some rules inthere with some kind of 'Battlelust' mechanic that is different from morale in that it can still rise even if your troops are disheartened and all that, making them fight on to the death or do one last hopeless charge.

That...sounds fucking awesome to be honest. I'll check it.

As an american, the black regiments are pretty cool. You shouldn't have any problems with anyone unless they're Forrest-otaku or something.

Vikings. No doubt about it.

If they did, slap them with your kepi. Even the Confederates had colored units, even if they didn't keep them the entire war. 1st Louisiana Native Guard, for example.

I think there is a 6mm dedicated system for that period called Banzai. Might be worth a look.

wargamevault.com/product/187621/Banzai--Age-of-the-Country-at-War--2ndEd?manufacturers_id=10165

The problem with Glory is it's told from the wrong perspective.

Practically the whole movie save a few scenes are all from the point of view of Matthew Broderick when they should be from the point of view of the soldiers.

It's not a bad movie by any stretch but it could have been better.

How does Dux Britanium compare to Saga? I really only hear saga getting talked about...seems like the two games are trying to do broadly the same thing with slightly different geographic settings

How you considered playing Longstreet? Because that includes an option to play a Union general from an abolitionist family who can recruit large numbers of coloured infantry. Here's an Osprey for you anyway:

mediafire.com/download/7b4d4i88vrqypin/Osprey - WAR 114 - African-American Soldier in the Civil War.pdf

Technically "Buffalo Soldier" refers to the coloured infantry in the post-ACW period, fighting on the frontier and in actions like the OP. It was a nickname the Cheyenne gave them because like the buffalo, the USCT soldiers were black, frizzy-haired, and ferocious in battle.

Well put.

BMP

>anyone unless they're Forrest-otaku or something.
You know, my fucking first names are Nathan Bedford, and Goddamn but I hate those guys, since they hear my name and think I'd one of then without fucking fail. Even ignoring the fact that I am 100% polska and theoretically catholic, I still hate those motherfuckers as much as I hate communists.There are two things that have reason to wear that flag, and they are reenactors and a certain Dodge Charger, and last I checked, those sumbitches ain't either.

On unrelated note, anyone around here own a copy of SPI's old The Next War? I got it from a family friend probably a decade ago and ain't ever played, so I'd like to hear other folk's experiences and suggestions, if there are any handy

Does anybody make a pack of windows for industrial type buildings? I want to make some out of card and having premade windows will make it a lot easier.

forrst otaku?

Whoops, that would be at 28mm or similar scale.

Nathan Bedford Forrest was a confederate general, one of the best cavalry officers to ever live, and the founder of the Klan (though in later years he repudiated it and unsuccessfully tried to get congress to back him in his plan to raise a unit of cavalry and wipe the KKK out), and who eventually became an icon of the unrepentant hard-core neo-confederates, and a 'Forrest Otaku' would presumably be a particular subtype of that breed

>Nathan Bedford

I sort of blame Shelby Foote for romanticising the fellow so much, but I'm nowhere near qualified enough to argue the point.

>On unrelated note, anyone around here own a copy of SPI's old The Next War? I got it from a family friend probably a decade ago and ain't ever played, so I'd like to hear other folk's experiences and suggestions, if there are any handy

There isn't a single copy on Ebay currently; I found a finished auction from just last Friday where it sold for US $174.99. Ouch!

Not at all. Dux Brit is meant for campaigns and in an earlier period.

SAGA is more pick up/tourney play.

>I sort of blame Shelby Foote for romanticising the fellow so much, but I'm nowhere near qualified enough to argue the point.
Honestly, it hasn't a thing to do with that. It's simply that my folks settled in an unnamed small town in an unnamed southern state, and since they were so excited to be american, decided to name their about-to-be-born son after the fellow who's statue was 'downtown' (as much as there was a downtown), not thinking that a man as has a statue of him would be anything but a proper american hero. They just turned out to be mistaken.
>There isn't a single copy on Ebay currently; I found a finished auction from just last Friday where it sold for US $174.99. Ouch!
Jesus, wow. That's quite a bit. If all the counters weren't sitting at the bottom of the box, horrifically mixed up, I'd scan it for you guys.

>They just turned out to be mistaken.

At least they didn't call you Forrest, imagine the fun you would have had when a certain movie was released

Shelby foote is sucha shitty historian. Hes a confederate fanboy first and foremost

Sadly I couldn't find anything, but for 15$ it doesn't seem too bad.

>At least they didn't call you Forrest, imagine the fun you would have had when a certain movie was released
That is very, very true. At the worst, I was nicknamed 'natty ice' in college (Nathan becomes Nate becomes natty becomes natty ice), but it really would have been FAR worse if the third name had showed up. As is, it's mostly annoying when I have to use my full name for legal stuff, (the funniest moment was when I went to the DMV with a very close and very black friend of mind's sister to renew our
licenses, since they expired two days apart, to the vast confusion of the good 'ol gal clerk, since we were side by side and yakking friendly the whole line-up), or when people see my diploma, but otherwise I just go by Nathan and everything is fine. Could surely be worse, it could be

Are you a member of the klan though?

How could you not after hearing their recruitment jingles?

youtube.com/watch?v=UcINDQDOUpk&ab_channel=antisciaf