/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Miracle of Peace Edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus except for Queen Eysana.
Keep the game related squabbling to a minimum. No one is interested in where you think the next game is going to be set.

Previous Kalpa:

opinions on zhakaron?

Praise Alessia.

third for Karstaag

I was thinking, presuming VI is Valenwood: What if they introduce the Imga as a playable race? Like how Morrowind brought in Orcs & Imperials?
Outta left field, sure, but that boldness would add to the novelty and marketability. The ESO guys weren't allowed to touch them so presumably Bethesda has its own plans.
Or is the 10-race standard considered "iconic" by this point?

All Imga disappeared from Valenwood circa 2E 582 to wait out the end of the Planemeld and the Alliance War. According to the Altmer author Cirantille, they went to 'visit Falinesti', which had similarly vanished from Tamriel many years previous.[6] It is unknown when exactly the city or the Imga returned.

Other than irritating elves, the Imga don't do a whole lot, but it also means we will have capes again at least.

If Imga were included I would only imagine ingame there being a separate body for the beast races or the imga being stupidly slim

But, as the text mentions, they do return.

>Breton Mage
Dude's got a goat leg and a cattleprod for Daedra
Bretons are fucking weird

>implying beth wouldn't transcription error them into altmerboo orcs

Playable Maormer would make more sense.

Redguards are best race and if The Elder Scrolls 6 isn't Hammerfell I am rioting

They ain't even Tamrielic tho
At least save them for a later game

Why would they?
And I thought [Transcription Error] wasn't even Bethesda.

You got 2 Redguard games already to Summerset/Valenwood/Elsweyr/Argonia's combined total of 0 stop being greedy.

>implying Pyandonea wouldn't be a perfect DLC setting for the next TES

Maormer could be scattered in southern Tamriel, as sailor, mercenaries, that kind of thing.
I also can't wait for a later game.

>khajiit is comfy yes

>Hammerfell is a barren and rocky place, the vast Alik'r desert taking up most of it

We already had two games that looked like barren and rocky deserts

We're appreciating the images, but it's custom to use them as an attachment to your post, not just images.

please stop

Alik'r desert is actually not that big.

There are no brakes.

As if image dumps aren't ceremony around here.

Fair point. I'd play the fuck outta that DLC.
How would you differentiate them stats-wise from the other merish races?

Neither is Red Mountin, yet it feels like forever. And don't get me started on Skyrim

27th of Last Seed today, anniversary of Uriel's assassination

You're just spacing discussion and bringing the bump limit closer.

I want to play as a dapper monkey!

This, really. I attach an image with 99% of my posts but I don't post just for the image.

This is customary. We have ans many threads are needed.

I butchered the English language in this post.

You remind me of the monkeys and the ladder.

Looks like europe if someone blasted away the west part

Go fuck yourself.

Interesting that only niggers, darkies, gypsies, and nazis are shown. And the French.

Did this game add any good lore? Besides Azra Nightwielder (mentioned again by Neloth in Dragonborn DLC) and Dragonstar being split into a Redguard and Nordic district?

That's it for now.

Seriously, you're making the thread harder to read and contributing nothing.

Not sure yet. I would start with a Dunmer-with-waterbreathing template, but they should be a bit more Combat oriented, less Bow than Bosmer, more One-handed Weapons type warriors than Dunmer, about the same as Altmer in Magic abilities.
They should have some unique abilities like taming and/or summoning water creatures.

There's a subtle difference between an art dump in the thread, and taking a dump on the thread. It's all about the fine line you cross when you post too many images without any discussion.

Ebin shitposting :DDdd

I imagine Maormer as masters of Alteration. We already have Bretons with Conjuration, Dunmer with Destruction, Imperials/Argonians with Restoration, Altmer with Mysticism/Illusion so it's the only one we're missing.

Any particular reason other than discard?

Why does it matter? There's no quota on posts. Once the thread is over you can just make a new one. It does not make it more difficult to read.

In fact, it's much better than half the idiotic posts being posted between them right now, or discussion about the next game.

He is literally contributing something, user.
yar m80
desu I'd save them for a Summerset Isles game. Make sea faring & naval battle a full-blown gimmick.

Telvanni are by far the coolest house.

It could be worked into lore. Like the reason their skin is transparent is because they make it so because...reasons.

Oh shit dat boi

Waterbreathing & waterwalking are alteration right?
Also their king literally turned into a dragon.

The Umbra'Keth is kind of cool, and I'm fond of the setting.
Also there's an airship. And we get to see the Crypt of Hearts again.

>discussion about the next game
This. I want /v/ to leave.

Maormer use alteration for all kinds of water magicks. Think Avatar-style waterbending, and ofcourse they use Waterwalking and Waterbreathing like Telvanni use Levitation.

>their king literally turned into a dragon
I's like you don't even lore.

The maormer king? Or do you mean the Ka po tun

Fair enough, although transparency is illusion, isn't it?

So is white-gold deactivated or not? Wasn't that the real reason for the Dominion sacking the Imperial City instead of moving on?

Same, Redoran are a close second, and I might like Dres more if we knew anything about them.

No, you're thinking of Tosh Raka. Orgrum, or whatever his name is, is constantly becoming younger.

Yeah, it is. I don't think it has anything to do with the Thalmor, it was more of a Dagon/Septim thing.

Dres has slavery, it's cool enough for me

What do we know about Kothringi?

Do Maormer really have transparent skin or is it just pale?

What's the Umbra'Keth? I love airships in TES by the way, especially dwemer ones. I wanna see them more often.

I whish I could play that thing

Falmer built the Monahven?

>Do Maormer really have transparent skin or is it just pale?
The Maormer are known to possess blank, white eyes,[6] and a strange, chameleon-like skin[7] that is entirely colorless, as if their flesh were made of some white limpid jelly.[6] Their chameleon-like skin is an involuntary process, similar to the forest-coupling skills of the Bosmer[7] which allows them to walk into the shade of a single tree and vanish.[3]

I don't know if I got this much right
>All living things are descendents of the et'ada.
>Sentients still retain the tiniest spark of the divine
Does that mean that there can only be a finite number of beings on Nirn before you start seeing feral humans/elves?

Also, as Oblivion fills up with these sparks(like in Shivering Isles, Coldharbor, etc) does the number of total possible beings in Nirn go down?

And finally, when Alduin consumes the world and the new kalpa begins, are those souls trapped in Oblivion technically become daedra as they are no longer part of creation?

Both. Tosh Raka turned into a tiger dragon. Maomer dude turned into a sea dragon. The Redguard think he's literally Satakal.
>Elder Scrolls VIII, both happen to finally invade Tamriel at the exact same time and fight over who gets it

Who would mutate humans, anyway? Maybe Hircine?

Sheogorath for shits and giggles, Clavvy as part of a deal, Hircine being a lazy fuckass and stopping halfway...

Are their internal organs visible then?

I can remember the Wolf Queen shortly mentioning Maormer, but nothing about their skin.