The party learns that everyone had amnesia and is actually from the same orphanage

>The party learns that everyone had amnesia and is actually from the same orphanage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svSCgA9BU0c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>trained by the same school of wizardsand ninja assassins too

>and the DM is found dead under suspicious circumstances.

Holy shit that game's writing was bad, and anybody wanting to copy it should feel bad.

It looked nice, but it was terrible on so many different levels.

FFVII is basically a literary masterpiece in comparison, and that's the game where no one killed a psychotic thief who betrayed your party, all because she was kawaii and umu-humu.

No, the writing in Disc 1 was actually okay if you just accepted the whole Garden thing and didn't question the morality of training teenagers as mercenaries, or the sheer stupidity of giving a literal "you are given full premission and unlimited time to do anything with this batch of recent mercenary graduates" contract to a resistance group that had no idea what the hell it was doing, or the elite sniper that choked up on the literal first mission he was doing and didn't explain WHY until 2 discs later (since the evil sorceress that had just killed a president and then gone on to talks how she would rule through fear and that her subjects were nothing but insects had been the mom taking care of all of them at that orphanage and he thus hesitated), or how the elite mercenaries abandoned the literal assassination mission they were on to go apologize to a girl they had made feel bad...

Ok I take it back even disc 1 was a fucking trainwreck and it somehow dovetailed from there.

TIME KOMPRESSION

It's actually fine, the goofy lines just throw people off.

Train, train, train, take us away.

Come to think of it, all the old ff games had stilted dialogue. I bought grandia 2 and ffix for my birthday on Steam this year.

For those who doesn't know, Grandia 2 has an incredibly crappy plot and stereotypical characters. It should in no way give me more enjoyment than ffix.

But the dialogue in Grandia 2 is brilliantly written and fleshes out the characters perfectly, whereas ffix has really mundane dialogue. I ended up finishing Grandia 2 and not the superior game.

The first two Grandia games are pretty great, cliches aside.

>that guy who had it written down in his background but he never bothered to tell anyone

You mean stealth archers.

Let's not forget Cait Sith, who sells you out to Shinra in disc 1 and kidnaps one of the characters children to make you do what he wants, and the main characters let him back in because he made a meaningless sacrifice. AT the very least, you're under no obligation to pick up Yuffie or go to Wutai.

''okay dm but my character is evil so how about he wanted to burn down the orphanage but was stopped and he hated everyone else in the party''

For me it fell flat when the shit op mentioned starts to happen. Also the bad guy was your teacher but isn't the bad guy really she was just possessed by a bad guy from the future who is trying to wake up a bad guy kept prisoner on a moon base BTW SPACE IS A THING NOW so she can go further back in time to be the biggest bad guy ever and destroy time because reasons.

I hate VIII

The summons were cool though, Doom Train and Odin/Gilgamesh are glorious

>Grandia 2 has an incredibly crappy plot
God fucking almighty, I have never been madder than when I found out the plot twist. I fucking dropped the game after that, and I really enjoyed the skill/magic system.

>the elite sniper that choked up on the literal first mission he was doing
I always wondered if Irvine had actually killed anyone before he joined the party. It'd explain his hesitation a lot better than the twist we got.

>the morality of training teenagers as mercenaries
Why would you not train teenagers to be warriors when there are fucking tyrannosaurus rex running around your island?

>Irvine didn't explain his feelings in good enough detail
Fag

>elite mercenaries abandoned the literal assassination mission they were on to go apologize to a girl they had made feel bad
I thought you just said they were recent teenage graduates? 2 girls and a goofball no less.

You all forget that Squall died in the first disc. The rest of the game was his dying mind in a dream state.

proof?

user, you are the proof.

Probably not. Irvine had a history of choking/ It's been a while since I played, but wasn't the master of his garden trying to screw the mission?

What was the bad thing in Grandia 2? I can't remember anything particularly awful, but that might be because the writing masked it.

God I remember liking Ryudo and his general problem with everything in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=svSCgA9BU0c
It's a fan theory and nothing more.