That Guy thread?

That Guy thread?

How come we never have This guy threads anymore?

We do, you're just not on Veeky Forums 24/7, I hope

How does someone like that get a job?

That picture is some 80's horror film scary.

Jesus

We've become even older and more bitter, full of no joy or love.

>We've become even older and more bitter, full of no joy or love.
That's a very accurate statement. I personally consider myself a hateful grizzled old man, but that's just me.

>How come we never have This guy threads anymore?

You see a lot of them on reddit (r/DnD, r/rpg, r/dndnext, etc), people go on there and express how great their groups and players are.

we have them quait often, i see them like two times a week

Sometimes I star thinking that I'm a grumpy old man, but then I remember that I'm only 21. I'm basically Squidward.

The problem is that we post on a board filled with children with no way of mediating it. I'm a learned individual about many subjects, but I absolutely refuse to talk about them on the internet, because some retard will inevitably spam the same thing 12 different ways trying to make people mad on the internet. Right now, I'm just killing people at sl1 in dark souls, over and over and over again. They're paper in the breeze, and my vicious cleansing will teach them how the world works.

>I'm a learned individual about many subjects
Is one of those the geography of your own colon?

Yup.

yep. That's pretty much how it goes.

I'm not great at storytime, but we had a PC follow another PC around masturbating because, "She was in heat." That is not something this race has. The other player tried rolling stealth, and easily beat the other person by a mile, but of course it didn't matter because That Guy was in full-on Magical Realm Mode. It was an online game on roll20 and I tried contacting the game's creator to kick the player, but he didn't do anything. That Guy was a blight on the game for a VERY long time, but eventually left when the GM was pestered into giving a shit because one of my characters that people actually liked was gonna leave town after being stripped in the middle of the tavern by That Guy and the other players were out for blood.

*tips fedora* either you are a fucking sperglord or you unintensionally sound like one, but jesus

why the fuck do you people stay in groups with that guys? I understeand that when you see a trainwreck to happen you want to stay and watch, but this is just sad

>We’ve done threeway with Chill Guy once o twice but we still only play together now

daaw

I actually left. In this case, it was a living campaign, so I didn't have to interact with the player often and I would VERY often ignore them. The time that led to their ban was after I returned because of nostalgia. I don't have a FLGS around me, and the IRL group I played with was terrible because we had a That Guy who threatened to quit if we didn't retconn the death of his character. This was the only game I had, and I had made some good friends in it. I WANTED it to be good, and I tried to take steps to actually address the issues. Eventually, more awful players showed up, and I left permanently.

I just wanted it to not suck. I was attached to my character and a lot of the good things about it. I guess that's why people stay. Desperation and nostalgia.

When That Guy left, Those Guys took his place. A lolsorandumb rules-lawyer who didn't know the rules, a guy who wanted to be the "hero" and didn't want to roll saves because failing broke his immersion, another person who decided what this campaign needed was sex with a 12 year-old character. I left before most of that shit, but a friend stuck around for the love of watching the slow burn. Eventually, even he couldn't take it.

I don't have any stories of my own so I can't go into too much detail, but I've been brought into two different groups to replace the same player after he was kicked from both of them, and I've heard a decent amount about his exploits.

The first group he was kicked from they decided not to let him roll a new character after his character killed himself in a childish fit. Apparently he constantly got into arguments with the other players over his stupid plans, and sometimes the GM over his childish, and often inappropriate for the game behavior, and he finally tried to force them by threatening to have his character kill himself if they didn't go with his plan.
In the first session the only thing he did to try to contribute was to suggest that, instead of killing the goblins they should rape them. Not as a joke, he actually wanted to rape them, because he thought it would be funny.
When he finally killed himself the group was trying to break up a slaver ring, and had come to a campsite with a large tent in the middle as part of their investigation. They were supposed to meet with someone in the tent, but he was, for purely meta reasons, so certain that it was an ambush that he insisted they light the tent on fire. The tent was apparently an ambush, but if they had burned it down they would have killed the slaves they were trying to rescue. He didn't see what the problem was.

The second group he was in had three of the same people from the previous one, one of whom is his wife, and used to be a good friend, which is the only reason he was allowed in. the GM was her uncle and it was his house, so until he said something we had to put up with him He was basically just waiting for That Guy to make such an ass of himself that he could ban him from his house, which didn't take all that long.

cont.

They apparently only had one adventure before he was banned. They were clearing out a hive of giant ants, and on the way ran into a group of monsters. After trying to help by looking through the monster manual for something that fit the description, and telling the other players, "now, you don't actually know this in character, but this is their weakness, so if you just happen to use it, wouldn't that be convenient" he decided that it would be smarted to abandon the group, get to the hive first, and try to loot it by himself. To make a long story short, he was swarmed and killed by six players worth of giant ants. Shortly afterward he was banned from the house, though I'm fairly certain outside events played a role in that decision.

On a related note, he once managed to get banned from every bar at Pennsic.

Every bar?
How do you even MANAGE that?

I've gotten conflicting reports on whether it was every bar at the event, or ever bar in the swamp, but apparently trying to go bar hopping entirely by mooching off of people is a good way cover a lot of ground quickly, and make everyone you meet hate you.

Wow, what a dick.
Seriously.

>though I'm fairly certain outside events played a role in that decision.
Go on.

This excruciatingly fat piece of shit that I know from school invited my autistic friend to his Roll20 game and my friend is aiming to That Guy it up as much as possible. He sent me his character sheet.

>you're just not on Veeky Forums 24/7, I hope

>(Dub)

Tell him to change deities to Shub-Niggurath, and then buy a few goats.

I don't know any specific events, but he's like that basically all the time and being married to the GM's niece gives a lot of opportunities to make an ass of himself.

He's watching super so given

Why didn't you just take a screenshot or something?

His pics, not mine

Then relate my question to him.

He probably doesn't care, all things considered.

easier to send via phone probably, no middle step

Also wo fucking cares as long as you can see what's going on. it's just a quick "look at this", not like troubleshooting information or graphic design

man, oh man

Terrific! I was around for the first thread, but missed the follow up. Thanks for posting.

I like to visit these threads because it makes me appreciate my gaming group.

That sounds hilarious.

Is this pasta fresh?

How about a That GM?

>Pathfinder campaign that starts off promising.
>Slowly but surely turns sour.
>Turns from weekly to biweekly, then multiple weeks, then multiple months at a time between sessions.
>Session day gets changed multiple times.
>Two system changes occur, forcing the majority of the group to discard their characters and make new ones since they can't cleanly be translated into the new system.
>GM is extremely uncooperative when it comes to communicating with the players, will simply ignore questions without saying anything, even when they're brought up multiple times
>Campaign becomes very railroad-y, at one point an NPC literally outlines the sequence of plot arcs that are going to occur and in which order.
>BBEG and his minions have access to some literal space rock magic that allows them to do whatever the GM feels like (such as preventing teleportation for non-minions), but the magic is so evil and corrupting it doesn't work for the PCs without fucking them. Get ignored by the GM whenever I tried to have my character study the space rock magic and learn more about it.
>At one point a minion of the BBEG shows up with a magic space rock that forces everyone to have a Will save. Those who fail are knocked out, those who pass are stunned for as many rounds as the GM needs to force his cutscene to happen.
>Somehow managed to make encountering a Lovecraftian horror dragon on the surface of the sun feel boring.
>Once didn't want to GM a session because he was busy playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

The weird thing is he's been a good enough player in other games, but goddamn if I'll ever play in a game he's GM'ing again.

The same reason why we don't have Henderson threads anymore. When everything is badwrongfun then nothing stands out.

The fuck am I looking at?

Sorry to hear that, satan

Guy in the pic needed to lighten up and the GM needed to read his players better.

>only 21

You still have time. Go out and find joy in your life. Go on an adventure, experience new things. There's so much out there before you become a jaded fuck who wasted his life and no longer has the motivation to do anything more than the bare minimum.

Chaika go get a life!

I thought this nightmare had finally faded into obscurity...

So you're one of the few people who can find his arse WITHOUT an atlas and a copy of grays anatomy?

Naw it's way too late, he basically should be graduating uni by now and start working then getting married and having kids

She seems fairly nice all things considered.
>you need to spend more time being friends with girls
I wish I could

>>Somehow managed to make encountering a Lovecraftian horror dragon on the surface of the sun feel boring.
Okay now I'm curious how he fucked that up?

Partly because of the Veeky Forums police that insist on 5 separate documents to prove an event happened, partly because some dumbasses make up ridiculously fake stories that inspire the former's paranoia, partly the contrarian DM/PC defence forces that go for gold in the mental gymnastics to claim anyone who criticises their group is actually that guy impugning the good boy that dindu nuffin', but largely because people are just steadily running out of horror stories after posting them.

Stories like Luke come up once in a lifetime, and really bad That Guy stories can only be a once in a year thing if you're unlucky, so mostly you get dribs and drabs that don't make for good That Guy content.

And now I reread your post and feel like a colossal retard.

I play in game stores

Thus That Guy stories happen to me in varying degrees about 52 times a year

I only got to see the second thread, but I honestly thought he was on his way to become the next Denko guy. It would have been more fun, even if it was fake.

I don't get why people think this is scary, or evocative to begin with. It's just guys with headsets on.

>Gender: Centipede

>Bipedal Centipede

Do tell some. Veeky Forums loves storytime.

Don't just tease us like that, user.

Are you me?

What are your top 10 worst experiences, or are they just low key sort of That Guys who merely drag you down bit by bit?