Warhammer 40k General

CSM Getting a New Book Soon Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

What's the best DoW game? Expansions for it?

So the standard CSM codex sucks. Can a decent CSM army be made with Imperial Armour 13? The cost might be a little off-putting, but I'll have a year in Korea making some extra money and I want a project to keep me busy and away from drinking.

Soulstorm with Apoc mod is best game. Other then that, winter assault was my favorite vanilla game.

You can make a decent army, just stick with nurgle for everything.

If you want a good CSM army, go play 30k. Other then that, you aren't going to find much. If you like the models then sure, get CSM and the Imperial Armour 13 book. Some of the units are ok but it doesn't bump the tiering of CSM.

Anyone got a rules set for different Xenos species than nothuman!elves and orks? I've always been bothered by the fact that there aren't small forces out there of Xenos besides kroot. Even then we don't see them or the taus subjects very often.

Holy shit, I'm so hyped for traitors hate.
The leaks make it sounds like this may finally be the update CSMs have been waiting for!

Tyranids, faggot

>Traitor's Hate somewhat shown by leaks today
>Barely an hour later GW posts an official picture of the book on Facebook

GW finally learned to use the Internet properly.

Eeehhh, do people still play them?
I heard they were total shit and only women played them.

So this Traitor's Hate book has an icon on the top that says "Black Crusade".

Does this mean there will be multiple books in a Black Crusade range?

Soon.

>#1 Black Legion
>#2 Crimson Slaughter
>#3 Khorne Daemonkin
>#4 Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter, plus Khârn and friends

Give Sons of Malice.

I'm planning to make a 40k armor that semi triggers everyone. Is a "girl candy" paint scheme on Tau and taking every OP thing possible the best way to do this?

yes. you should keep an emergency first aid kit and a pocket knife on you at all times as you will be stabbed eventually

>Warzone Damocles icon (3 books)
>Warzone Sanctus Reach icon (2 books)
>Warzone Shield of Baal (2 books)
>Warzone Curse of Wulfen (1+incoming book)
>Warzone Black Crusade (?? books)

It looks like it. I wonder if it will be as long as the Tau Damocles storyline.

Please go.

Give them really retarded poses and stuff as well

I wonder what else will be in this series then.

Kharn and friends, obviously, but I wonder what else.

Will necrons get some love soon? I hope we get a cool bit in the 40k campaign that has been rumoured. btw pic related is neccy i drew with autodesk sketchbook on my phone with my thumb, don't judge.

Farsight Commander Fabu'lous

Zoomed out it's not bad quality for drawn with your thumb on your phone. Kinda impressed.

>pink is triggering

SAS says "tally-ho!"

I really like this concept, even if GW's execution in terms of writing quality is rather lacking. It's another step in becoming a good company again.

Sure, run Sorcerers on bikes, 2-3 units of Nurgle Spawn, 3 Sicaran tanks, cultist troop tax and perhaps a Renegade/Chaos Knight

hi guys, im mark and im a homosexual
based off of this knowledge about me, which army would you gamble that i play

Dark Angels.

Maybe you can supplement your force with it.
Fire Raptor is gud
Sicaran is decent, so is the Typhon
And a few others in there as well.
Also a load of horseshit inside, like the contemptor

Chances are in one year CSM will have a new dex, however given the last 2 disappointments I would not hold my breath.

Dark Angels or Emperor's Children, obviously.

Oh hi Mark. I think Dark Angels might be good for you

People, it is happening again. I can feel myself getting hyped for Traitor's hate despite my best intentions and all previous experience. Help!

the art is cool

Depends.
Do you currently have an animal shaped dildo in your anus? ->Slaanesh demons or Space wolfs
Sitting in a furry suit infront your pc ->space wolfs
Covered in 50 signs that all love is equal -> tau or space wolfs
Clad in leather, drunk as fuck yellin obscenities ->Militarum tempestos or space wolfs
Well oiled abs, clearly shaved beard looking dejected -> Dark angel or captured and shaved space wolf
->Well oiled abs, clearly shaved beard looking dejected -> Fallen or space wolfs in disguise
>unoiled abs, clearly unshaved beard looking grumpy -> HH era space wolfs
>unoiled abs, clearly completly unshaved beard looking happy-on-drugs -> space wolfs with wulfen
>unoiled abs, clearly completly unshaved beard looking happy-on-drugs naked with furtail anal dildo? -> only wulfen formations.
Clad in leather jaket leather boot and swinging a chain -> squat bikers or swiftclaw formation

>traitor's gonna hate

It's horrendous compared to the earlier stuff.

>earlier stuff
;^)

>"Hey lets make another BL supplement and slap Khárn on the cover."
>"Sounds good mate."
>"Oh and give Khárn little tusks for good measure!"
I'll admit I'm curious how they're gonna play this...

Could be so much worse though

there are so many wrong things with this, both in conceptual and aesthetical levels, that I cannot mention them all. The Rain of Corpses is kek worthy tho.

It's working already.

Astra reminds me of Starship Troopers, love that movie.
Anyways, I was thinking of making a CSM force with heretics and renegadese as a ally, and Astra with a space marine ally.
ultimate heresy battle

Dude you could have just said "Dark Angels"

Codex Deathwatch already online?

What would make terminators not suck?

you're all wrong, it's none of them because 40k is fucking garbage

So perfect for faggots?

>the Tomb Maze is the same structure copy-pasted in different positions

Reposting one of the new CSM powers for discussion.

AH yes the Not! Pyromancy discipline.

>SAS
>doing something as gay as playing warhammer
pink is perfect for triggering insecure autist gamers

>literally identical to the fulmination power lightning arc
I mean, it's cool that they're getting new things but if it's just going to be reskinned angels of death powers I'm not really interested in that

Post yfw when you realized the 'new' power was just a carbon copy of the loyalist electrical arc from fulmination

Give them a 1+ save (roll of 1 still fails)
Or just remove everything that does their job but better, such as Sternguard

>just going to be reskinned angels of death powers
Of course not, they buffs will have drawbacks and chances to hurt.

Pyromancy needs some love

This is inevitable when every codex gets their own special snowflake discipline
Really there should only be the BRB disciplines plus Tzeench and MAYBE Eldar Runes. Anyone else who needs special powers gets a single Primaris that they can swap for the Primaris of any other discipline they choose
Obviously this means Tap Dance of Gork would be a Primaris

When will the Squats make a triumphant return to cannon?

When the last shitposter leaves the internet.

- sternguard ammo
- 2W
- ability to act from DS
- Stormbolters are now Salvo 2/4
- FnP
- Rampage
Pick two from these list and apply them in a sensible fashion.

As long as SB's could be Assault 2 for Inquisition, GK's and Sisters, I'm down for #1 and #4 for shooty Terminators, #2 and #3 for Assault Termies.

A counter to random krak missile splats.

let them re-roll failed saves
let them rapid fire their storm bolters

that's it

2 wounds each, t5.

Maybe a rule to make termies give SB's sustained fire

Where is that from?

Why would you ever want Assault 2 stormbolters outside of PAGKs?
Also, for the sake of this argument, let's say what you pick will be applied to both assault terminators and tactical ones, just to get some consistency in there.

I meant for PAGKs when it comes to grey knights.

The other reason is because currently, Stormbolters are a good way to get extra ranged shooting for Acolytes and they can still assault for tarpitting. Plus they can get them for 3 points, so they'd need to bump up the cost too if it came to salvo 2/4.

AoS, don't know the specifics

Reposting my question since I was looked over in the last thread.
Would a round table 54 inches (4'6") in diameter be alright for a three player 1000pt game?
Its all we got unless we run to the store and get a piece of plywood and put it on a folding table but that seems shitty.
We are all pretty new but we have random rocks and cardboard 'buildings' right now.

Sure. Have fun rolling dem dice.

>TFW despite doing everything they said to expand memory usage and despite having a decent computer, Apocalypse mod always ran horribly for me.

Life is suffering.

How can i effectively use the Admech Ironstrider and the melle taser goad walker?

Set up 3 starting zones far enough away from each other to make turn 1 charging hard. Set up the terrain and roll randomly to see who starts where.

Played a 3 person game on my friends hexagonal kitchen counter once.

Here is a mission for 3 free for alls.

Yeah we are going to do our best to cut the circle into thirds and throw a bunch of the Model Train buildings and other less appealing terrain we have all over the table.

We were using a 4x4 piece of plywood with posts drilled on for legs to kill team when we were learning.

Thanks this is awesome. Is it official?

any more leaks or info about traitors hate, is the entire book gonna relate to CS & BL for the CSM side??? is this it, or kdk is tossed there as well

Well, they probably are tired of people asking "why can't traitors have the same stuff as loyalists" and decided to give people what they want.

>Is it official?

Yes it is, if you can find the 5th edition rulebook then there's another mission for 3+ person all out brawls in it.

Needs a CSM helmet edited on that cat.

We know what, one power? It's too soon for edits

Well the rulebook was in the OP so I made this mainly because I love Broken Alliance. Hope you have as much fun as I did.

Have it on standby.
>broken alliance
Behold, my own edit.

How lore-friendly would it be to have a Raven Guard successor chapter known for using incredibly old gear? Contemptor Dreadnoughts, entire squads with Maximus power armour, Cataphractii Terminators, old Mark IV Jump-Packs, etc.

The idea is that they've had to make do with whatever they could get their hands on, with little ability to resupply with the AdMech over the millenia. Their armour will be piecemeal, with parts taken from whatever working suits they can find. They might even go so far as to take armour from the dead of other chapters, or even from chaos warbands, and consecrate them to Corax and the Emperor before having their Techmarines jury-rig them into a working suit.

What is Space Sharks, Alex?

That's pushing it, user. The RG nearly got destroyed at the Dropsite Massacre, and the Heresy in general would have taken so many goodies away because Horus wanted to be an edgy Satan expy.

maximus isn't something scavengers and traitors will have access to

it's too high-tech

that's why everyone switched to heresy armor when the war started dragging on

Cachardons aren't quite what I'm looking for. Not a fan of the colour scheme.

I figured that that would be ever more a reason that it would work. I know RG successor chapters are rare, but one that does exist on the fringes with little ability to drop by a forge world and say "Hey we need more Mark VII power armor." would likely only have access to what they had when they were created.

Wouldn't traitors have more access to it, especially if they were from one of the original legions?

Dawn of War 3 trailer people cmon

>Wouldn't traitors have more access to it
They're living in a literal hell hole, and don't have any sort of reliable maintenance or production staff.

The raven guard themselves will have higher access to older suits because of their manufacturing capabilities, but their successors will probably stick to Mk5+ even if they're having tough times. Mk2/3/4 is seen as more of a luxury/artificer item in 40k.

>I figured that that would be ever more a reason that it would work. I know RG successor chapters are rare, but one that does exist on the fringes with little ability to drop by a forge world and say "Hey we need more Mark VII power armor." would likely only have access to what they had when they were created.
>Wouldn't traitors have more access to it, especially if they were from one of the original legions?
user, I don't want to be rude but please listen. The Heresy ravaged both sides' goodies, Horus's merry band of miserable edgelords's gear was ruined more by the influence of Chaos forcing them to use cheaper gear and supplementing them with daemonic power to get them hooked on Chaos as the Chaos Gods are like drug dealers. During the Scouring the loyalists probably wanted to spite the Traitors and targeted all of the GC goodies first. Years of infighting and living in the Eye probably have further ruined their equipment.

>Cachardons aren't quite what I'm looking for.

But its an example of what you're looking for so its not so far fetched.

I have been out of the game for about a year. All I want to know is if Orks are still shit and when does it look like the next edition will come?

>All I want to know is if Orks are still shit

chapter idea

dark angels successors with hispanic names that put even more emphasis on space catholicism

should it use DA tactics? or UM tactics?

I know all about demonic corruption, mutation, etc. I'm just thinking that it'd be easier to kill Traitors and repair/consecrate their warped armour than it would be to find a forge world that can still make Maximus armour.

Though, you're right, I suppose Heresy armour would be more fitting for them. Mostly I'm just trying to justify using some of the HH models in 40k because fuck me the maximus armour and Cataphractii terminators are sexy, and those Contemptors are just fucking amazing.

True. Thanks for the example, then.