Shinobi Quest #34

Shinobi Quest #34

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime had interesting dreams- and learned a very sad story. Upon waking, she, along with her allies, headed towards the tower that marked the goal of the Forest of Death. Skillfully dodging enemy shinobi, their final obstacle came in the form of the Sand Siblings, who were blocking the entrance of the tower- seemingly just to satiate Gaara’s lust of battle.

After an initial attempt at misdirection failed, Tsuki utilized a more “interesting” technique to paralyze her foe, allowing all teams present to make their way inside. The rest of the night passed quickly, with the remainder of the competitors filing in…

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8k6SS6uWI-k&feature=youtu.be&t=24
youtube.com/watch?v=DkNFDAiNCC8
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody expects the Shinobi kiss.

That was almost too lewd for a blue board, Wargle. But at least she didn't hold his hand.

HYPE FOR PRELIMS AND BEST GIRL

So it begins, hope we roll well so we can play this while beating the shit outta someone.
youtube.com/watch?v=8k6SS6uWI-k&feature=youtu.be&t=24

SHE GONNA GET ADOPTED

This isn't HMQ, user.

Guys did we replace gaara's murderboner with a regular boner?

When has that ever stopped us?
Really, i cant remember

Aww man we gotta wave at gaara all bashful like now (he took our first kiss how indecent)

It was on the cheek, that doesn't even count fampai.

On list of things we should probably do:
Create technique to remove snek
Remove snek
Make neo root

Dreamless sleep is something valuable for you as of late- irritating you even more than normal when you are gently shaken awake in the early morning hours.

“Princess, wake up. I need to talk to you, ya know?” the voice whispers.

Nori. Had it been anyone else, you would’ve dismissed it, but you’ve been expecting this since the fight against Orochimaru in the forest.

“This better be important, Nori.” you grumble.

“I just…. have some questions, that’s all.” she mumbles. It strikes you as odd that the normally boisterous girl is acting this subdued.

You sit up, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes.

“Well, I’m listening. Ask away.” you say, trying to keep the agitation out of your voice.
“What you did in the forest- how long have you been able to do that?” she asks.

You answer….

1. Truthfully. It’s something you’ve been training in since after Ebisu-sensei died.

2. Abstractly. It’s a rather new ability- you’ve been trying to save it for the exams.

3. Dismissively. It’s just another ability, what of it?

4. By brushing off the question. Now isn’t the time for this, Nori.

>2. Abstractly. It’s a rather new ability- you’ve been trying to save it for the exams.
It's just a little white lie.

>2. Abstractly. It’s a rather new ability- you’ve been trying to save it for the exams.

"I'll tell you and Hinata all about it after the Exams, Nori. I promise."

2. Abstractly. It’s a rather new ability- you’ve been trying to save it for the exams.

>I'd appreciate it if you not tell anyone.

>1. Truthfully. It’s something you’ve been training in since after Ebisu-sensei died.

It's my trump card for the exams, i'm meant to behave myself and not use it...but Orochimaru...I didn't have a choice, please don't tell ANYONE. I do need a chance in these exams you know.

>1. Truthfully. It’s something you’ve been training in since after Ebisu-sensei died.

Anything more is for after the exams are over, i.e. root and all that

Just another little white lie~

Writing.

I'd like to say to her that we'll discuss it after the exams, though.

Like put off answering for realsies now, but do it later.

Why are we hiding this again?

We might.

Because her father is the weak Fourth Hokage, who spurns Danzo and Lord Second's glorious visions.

Because we might have to fight her in the Exams.

it doesn't benefit us to tell her everything
she's our friend and teammate, but we're still ninja and besides, she's keeping a /much/ bigger secret in her tummy.

Because her father and weak and his ideals are weak. We use our strength for the glorious vision of Danzo-sama and Tobirama-sama

we should bounce the question back at her. about the belly demons, or you know we could ask Danzo.

She's a teammate and friend but Tsuki is in the Exams.
Overthrowing him is so last century. Owning everyone with debt is much better.

Imagine our reaction when orochimaru drags out a reanimated second to fight us

Huffy because he won't be able to give us advice or an autograph?

Hey so when we use Stellar are we just a giant glowing flare to Byakugan?

“It’s… something new I’ve been training in. I’ve been trying to keep it a secret, a sort of trump card for the exams. I’ll tell you and Hinata all about it during the exams- but for the time being don’t tell anyone, alright? We need to get as far as we can- to honor Ebisu-sensei, and to make Itachi-sensei proud.” you explain.

Nori frowns- it doesn’t seem like she’s entirely satisfied with your answer.

“It… let you keep pace with one of the Sannin, though. That’s a crazy powerful ability, for shinobi of our level. What’s worse, he seemed to know you were holding out on him. Where did you learn it? Why was he so interested in you?”

This, at least, you can answer somewhat truthfully.

“I don’t know, Nori. He seemed focused on Neji until you and I got close enough for him to notice- and as for where I learned it from- I’ll tell you everything after the exams, ok?” you say, trying to placate her.

“Promise?” Nori says, concern still evident.

1. Promise.

2. Worm your way out of promising Nori.

Don't worry, a military coup is so par-say. We will get everyone into debt, we will grow and become the sole producing of many technologies. We will begin arming our own private armies. The Age of the Ninja is over, Progress stops for no one, join us or be ground into dust beneath our feet.

>1. Promise.

And we'd have to kill him,again if we can even do that. And that's assuming he doesn't bring out the first and some how reanimates ebisu just to be a dick

>1. Promise.

>1. Promise.
But you have to come clean as well.

>2. Worm your way out of promising Nori.
Poke her forehead, well I can't promise but i'll try my best you know that. Besides I don't actually know all that much about it myself.

The Fourth isn't weak; he's just a bit dumb. That's why the village needs people like Danzo; to slap some sense into stupid Hokages every now and again.

>1. Promise.
>with pinkie

1. Promise.
We also ask if she'll explain the giant beastie in her head.

>1. Promise.

Pinky swear it.

>2. Worm your way out of promising Nori.
>He doesn't Niidaimepost

>1. Promise.

We don't even know his plans we're just a genin after all, still it'd be interesting if we could make another home defence force.

>1. Promise
Just try and think of a good way to explain worst snek's possible involvement that doesn't seem incriminating, because that can't look great to anyone who wasn't there.

>1. Promise.
I don't think the kiss thing would work here.

>every time Tsuki gets flustered and can't think of a way out she kisses someone
>it eventually becomes her main method of ninja combat, politics, and marketing

I don't know, if we use afterglow and reach a speed that is one whole point over the other I suggest some form of eurobeat like say
youtube.com/watch?v=DkNFDAiNCC8

No. We ain't no hoe. That and it would only work against pepole like gaara

>1. Promise.

Jinchūriki? Because I think it'd work on Naruto. Maybe even his sister here.

Promise.

Writing.

It probably would probably do nothing agains jonin and chunin who aren't emotional less killing machines, the most it would do is leave us open for attack, also do you really want to kiss snek

Blow a Stellar infused kiss as a bomb.

“We’ve all got secrets, Nori. Hinata does, and I know you do as well. That said….”

You hold out your hand, extending your pinkie finger.

“I promise when this is all over, we’ll sit down and talk about it- the three of us. Ok?”

She smiles, and intertwines her pinkie finger with yours.

“Sounds good, princess. Sorry to bother you about this.”

You return the smile. She really does mean well, and you can’t let yourself forget that.

“Don’t worry about it, Nori. Get some sleep.”

She nods, and the two of you lie back down on your cots. It isn’t long before you drift slowly back into that dark abyss of sleep…..

That seems incredibly nonsensical and impractical. Meaning it would be perfect except for the fact it's a waist of chakra and is incredibly easy to dodge

Moonrabbit?

Good news is that she knows about Toneri, and therefore can save him from madness and get a bloodline of the highest order for the Norihime clan.

Now if only we could get to the moon. Gentle fist with stellar chakra...holy shit.

Would that erase there chakra. Wait guys how about stellar release that targets the soul, a technique specifically made to remove snek?

That sounds like we would need to be Hiruzen level in ninjutsu, Onoki level in kekkai genkai, and Danzo level in juinjutsu

So what do you guys think we should do for the 3rd exam? Should we focus on speed until we can hit 5.0 in Afterglow? Or should we try to up stamina? We lasted long enough against Orochimaru that I think we can take anyone we face in the exam, but we also passes out afterwards, and we'll have to fight multiple matches.

High speed would let us finish matches faster, and maybe get away with short bursts of Afterglow to preserve chakra. But More stamina would let us use it a lot longer.

The argument for stamina is that we're already "impress Orochimaru" good with Afterglow and we're fighting chunin at best. All that really maters is that we don't get worn down. We're also a heavy ninjutsu-type, specializing in the heavy hitting chakra intensive stuff, so more stamina would be very helpful.

The argument for speed is that currently we're 100% dependent on Afterglow for anyone really dangerous and if we wind up in a situation where we can't use it (low chakra, missions where we have to conceal our identity, Orochimaru doing some bullshit to us, etc...) we're just a slightly above-average genin. High speed in base form would make us dangerous all the time, so we'd be less dependent on Afterglow, and when we DO us it we'd be absolutely nightmare level fast. Like 4rth Hokage, I already move so fast I'm basically teleporting so I learned how to ACTUALLY teleport to go even faster, fast.

It's endgame level shit and orochimaru is a endgame level boss

I suggest focusing on stamina, ninjutsu, and stellar. Tsuki is using heavy ninjutsu and she needs the energy.

>Orochimaru is an endgame level boss
>Who is Three-Eyes White Madara?

Why not spend half the time focused on stamina and stellar techniques and the other half on speed and sword practice

Focus on stamina so we can not only use Afterglow longer but also be able to fight long enough to make use of our other big advantages like our heavy Ninjusu and our Intelligent plan making.

Orochimaru knocked her out, there is a difference.

Plot Device

So I've got to ask Wargle, What was Danzo's reaction to Tsuki naming it After glow, I mean he knows what it is...

Everyone knows sex doesn't exist in naruto, the sage of six paths carries babies to newlyweds.

We missed the chance to name Starfall 'White Spray jutsu.'

Nah Golden Shower is better

I'd like to work on our taijutsu and stamina. My goal is to win the exams or atleast make chunin and then convince the Hokage to give us Kiba. Alternatively we could work on these summons.. Perhaps even train with them. We're gonna have a month after the preliminarys.. We could reverse summon ourselves somewhere.

Don't forget we're piss-poor at strength and taijutsu. With Afterglow we're just barely faster than Nori, but she's WAY stronger and better at CQC than us. Don't forget that Orochimaru's actually pretty weak physically right now, there are lots of other guys even below his level that could swat us like a fly. We're fast, but not fast enough to ignore power and technique.

We also might be at the vision wall, like Kakashi was witht he Chidori, where if we push ourselves to get fast we might be literally blinded by it.

The lack of moonbunnies displeases me,

Your peaceful rest is interrupted within a few hours- not by any normal method, but a loud cough, echoing throughout the chamber.

As the coughs continue, many of the genin present begin to stir- eventually you join them.

“Morning, Genin.” The greeting is punctuated by a cough- meaning this person is the source.

A man, wearing the garb of a Konoha Jonin, appears on the upper level of the room, seemingly from nowhere.

“My name is Hayate. I’ll be your proctor for the third and final round of these Chunin exams. Beneath me is a door- it will lead you into the area chamber where we shall begin. There will be some additional rules to explain- so please, join me there.”

This man, Hayate, is not unknown to you, as you’ve seen him frequently within the Hokage’s offices- but you’ve never really interacted with him. He seems calm and composed, contrasted to Anko’s “enthusiasm” or Genma’s joking manner.

Each of the eight Genin teams slowly make their way into the arena area- with the Team from Takigakure leading the way. The girl from last night, Fuu, seems very excited, while her companions seem very reserved in comparison.

Your more immediate concern is Gaara- you’d like to avoid him as much as possible. Not only is he obviously unstable, you worry about the effects your “surprise attack” may have had on him.

Best not to think about it.

>Fuu

Why don't you like Fuu?

We should be even with our training our focus should be taijustu and stamina along with speed and ninjutsu as secondary. We should get taijustu down so we're better with the swords and stamina so we can make afterglow last longer,speed for obvious reasons and ninjutsu to get a better grip on our stellar clones

I really want to husbando gaara now unless he actually wants to kill us because of the kiss

Our training focus should be Stellar/Stamina primary, Ninjutsu/Taijutsu secondary, and Speed/Strength as tertiary. Genjutsu only gets a mention in that we want to make sure the enemy can't genjutsu us.

No user, Taijutsu is secondary to Ninjutsu

But user the kiba

Which is more useful as a boost to our lightning then as swords user

They're still amazing swords and it would be a crime to half ass the use of them.

Tsuki's Taijutsu is weak and it wouldn't be a bad idea to improve it. Afterglow boosts her physical abilities to a fantastic level, it would be nice to be able to fully utilize that.

We still want to git gud, but don't put what we are already good at and use primarily on the backburner.

As you enter the arena, you are greeted by applause.

Along with Hayate, Genma and Anko are present, along with several other shinobi- including Itachi-sensei.

“Genin, you have our sincerest congratulations on reaching this, the Third round of examinations. For those who were able, we extended the invitation to your sensei to observe this round- not only to see the fruits of their instruction, but to also to show them where each of you may require more work.” Hayate explains from his perch on the second level.

There is chatter amongst the genin at this- some seem pleased, while others are either disappointed or indifferent.

“I will give you some time to meet with your sensei, before we begin the preliminaries. Make the best of this time, as there will be no further breaks until every match is complete. Prepare yourselves accordingly.”

At that, the crowd disperses, with each team meeting with their sensei. You can see several notable figures- Asuma, the Third’s son, standing next to a female Jonin you don’t recognize- Guy and Kakashi, the latter of which seems exhausted by the former’s presence- and a powerfully built Jonin from Suna that you haven’t seen before.

There doesn’t seem to be anyone present from Takigakure, and nobody for the Sound, either.

You aren’t sure if you should be relieved or concerned about that….

user we need to not be weak as shit and get our face get broken by sasuke,that and the swords are not just a modifier their also actual swords

which we aren't allowed to use in this exam, remember the deal we made with the hokage?