REQ-ChainLink Connection?

So REQ said their BTC oracle implementation was delayed until Q1 2018. They also stated a possibility of using Swift/LINK oracle- being advised by ING wouldn't make insider info like this unreasonable.

Rory said earlier that Sergey would have good news by EOY 2017.
SWIFT also stated their PoC results would be released in December 2017.

REQ delaying bitcoin oracle implementation until Q1 2018, after saying they'd likely use LINK, might give an indication to the ChainLink teams progress.

This would suggest the EOY announcement by Sergey might've been ChainLink going live in some capacity, but with REQ's update on the delay, Sergey might announce a delay in implementation until Q1 2018.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

english.stackexchange.com/questions/236076/answering-a-multiple-choice-question-with-yes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Idk you tell me.

I have 1.4k REQs, am I gonna make it?

Depends on how long you plan on holding it.

ive never been hurt like how link has hurt me :(

How long is long enough?

Significant amounts of LINK have been moved from the 350m "node operator" wallet into other wallets.

That strongly suggests that node operators are beginning to go live in at least some capacity.

They are using LINK, it's been confirmed multiple times.

Aside from that, what you are saying looks to be the case.

wait what? source?

they lied about ing. i don't trust req, it's vaporware and the devs are full of shit.

>lied about ING
I think its not lying and more miscommunication between them cause of ING backing Moneytis

Etherscan

It also depends on what you count as "making it".

If it goes 50x, you'll still have

what is with wallet number 2?

That chart strikes me as turbo retarded because if you look at 2009 to now Amazon only did a 10X and Apple did around a 15X.

So a 10X and 15X over the course of almost a decade compared to a 16X in one year and 53X over the past three years.

Someone please tell me if I'm missing something.

It suggests there'll be a huge dip in the cryptomarkets to come, however it also suggests that projects with legitimate value will recover given enough time.

>thoughts?
SELL SELL SELL

I see.

As far as I know it was always destined for Q2 2018 with some slight noise that things are going faster than expected. The EOY annoucement would likely be deployment in Q1 2018 instead of Q2.

Probably February or March.

One thing to keep in mind is, a 10x return even over a long period of time is still a rather incredible ROI. Crypto over the last few years has spoiled us into thinking good investments should moon this quickly.

this answer gives me hope, thank you user-san

>Websites actually do things
>I can't even buy coffee, and even if I did I'd pay 27$ in fees

that's why we have LTC

What's the minimum LINK required to get node gains?

LINK, REQ, IOTA, or monero?

theoretically zero

Yes

well, which one to get? they are at ATH no?

what by "Yes" don't you understand?

I would understand a proper answer, like "I would invest in all the ones you listed"

especially retarded now that there are 1337 cryptos and a combined market cap over 400 billion, nearly 3 times larger than 3 months ago when that infographic was made

The more LINK your node has, the more reliable your node will be to the network- meaning you'll receive more traffic and more LINK through network payouts.

Crypto is an industry built around a new tech that, if I remember correctly, is trying to disrupt 19 different industries. Each industry has multiple projects with various use cases being developed with many more to come. Putting your foot into any token now will very likely give you substantial returns in the coming years.

LINK - Decentralised Oracle for external data hitting blockchain

REQ - Adding financial operability to ETH smart contracts

IOTA - Focusing on Machine to Machine transactions. IoT- this will probably never hit consumers the way BTC does; consumers will probably be using Tangle without even knowing they are in the long term

Monero - Privacy Coin. As long as the darknet and govt regulations exist, privacy coins like Monero will have value. Monero is known to be pretty reliable and, last I checked, had 1% market share vs BTC 99% on the darknet. So this has plenty of room to grow

english.stackexchange.com/questions/236076/answering-a-multiple-choice-question-with-yes

its been confirmed never

Whoops, was supposed to respond to this;
>Crypto is an industry built around a new tech that, if I remember correctly, is trying to disrupt 19 different industries. Each industry has multiple projects with various use cases being developed with many more to come. Putting your foot into any token now will very likely give you substantial returns in the coming years.

>LINK - Decentralised Oracle for external data hitting blockchain

>REQ - Adding financial operability to ETH smart contracts

>IOTA - Focusing on Machine to Machine transactions. IoT- this will probably never hit consumers the way BTC does; consumers will probably be using Tangle without even knowing they are in the long term

>Monero - Privacy Coin. As long as the darknet and govt regulations exist, privacy coins like Monero will have value. Monero is known to be pretty reliable and, last I checked, had 1% market share vs BTC 99% on the darknet. So this has plenty of room to grow

So, all the coins I mentioned? nothing to add about apprehensions or things to be aware of? thank you.

>Machine to Machine transactions
except a large segment of IoT devices will never be able to use it due to hardware constraints, especially battery

okay, thank you for the quick gestalt user.

My apprehensions to the tokens you've listed;

LINK; Swift has stated to be developing their own blockchain network.
HCL Industries, the multibillion dollar industry that shilled ChainLink is developing their own too. Now, it could be argued they've a significant amount of LINK so they would see themselves as part owners, or it could be argued that ChainLink is not going to be the universal network we imagine it to be.

REQ - 93% of YC startups fail. Sure they're a nice backing to have, but there are other tokens that enable layering over the blockchain like ADA (I don't like ADA but I can see why it'd be valuable as a potential Crypto third gen)

IoTA - Don't like the devs. They're very apprehensive to criticism which can be dangeous. They've also made a lot of claims they've not yet backed up with results. You're investing into promises with this, however they're very ambitious and their promises are huge.

Monero - A more efficient token might take it's place or govt might ban it outright.

There's probably more reasons against these tokens, but these are the general FUD I can think of off the top of my head

They're working with large partners (although recent FUD suggests that's a lie- I doubt the FUD in that regard though). With the resources available to the partners, I imagine a hypothetical future where any IoT device will be fitted with a chip or similar hardware designed to facilitate IOTA transactions. With how diverse the IoT is, marginal adoption would result in a huge network for IOTA, which would make it easier for further adoption as, from what i've read, IOTA becomes faster with more network activity.

i work in IoT and I can't express how much effort we put into maximizing battery life. the only way for a battery powered device that iota could work is if a battery powered device offloads the PoW to the cloud or a local gateway device (which would be mains powered). obviously not optimal

RLC is focusing on cloud based computing- so this isn't impossible.

Even on the hypothetical that the IOTA chip is installed into devices that don't require a batter- TV, Computers, Cars (they require a battery, but Volkswagen supporting IOTA suggests this will be the case), smart furniture like Fridges with internet etc. Again, they don't need total adoption to achieve a huge network.

You work in IoT though, do you think this would be possible?

>Even on the hypothetical that the IOTA chip is installed into devices that don't require a batter- TV, Computers, Cars (they require a battery, but Volkswagen supporting IOTA suggests this will be the case), smart furniture like Fridges with internet etc. Again, they don't need total adoption to achieve a huge network

Even on the hypothetical that the IOTA chip is installed into devices that don't require a batter- TV, Computers, Cars (they require a battery, but Volkswagen supporting IOTA suggests this will be the case), smart furniture like Fridges with internet etc. they could achieve a huge network***

if the chip was strong enough. i was listening to one guy giving a tech talk and he claimed that even on his smartphone the PoW took something like an hour

Doubledubsman, I'd imagine that you'd have to put more than $150 into something if you'd like to make it to lamboland

Oh shit :s Could that be because of the small scale network currently?

Also if they had a finished product, the value would likely already be priced in. Currently if you invest, I imagine you'd be investing due to the capital available for R&D + technical expertise of tech giants like Microsoft, Siemens etc.

I don't work in IoT nor have I done extensive research into IOTA (as it's not one of my larger stacks) so I could be ignorant to some degree.

I'm gong out to dinner and not going to use my phone
If you respond, and the thread isn't archived by the time I get back, i'll respond then.