Warhammer 40k General

CSM Hype Tears Fuel the Golden Throne Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for Sisters of Booby

Nice power Chaos bros. Never seen that in Fulmination before.

How do I beat Necrons without fielding 3 Death-strike Rockets?

>Death-strike Rockets?
What army are you playing?

Tank-heavy Imperial Guard.

You're mostly fucked, same as my knights.
Maintain maximum range and shoot like a motherfucker if you want to get anything done.

>CSM Hype

CSM players life:
1) Get frustrated because lack of any support
2) Rumours came out
3) Get hype
4) It's fucking nothing
5) Promise to never get hype again
6) Repeat from point 1

Play the objective and drown them in bodies.

Ah, that makes things tougher. Necrons are probably the best army to dismantle tanks by the simple fact that basic infantry gun can harm AV14. Less mechanisation and more deep-striking Stormtroopers would be best.

Take a couple of wyverns, and pepper the hell out of them. You will get way more than your points worth, provided you position them properly.

Wait... Has everything already been leaked about Traitors Hate? I was looking forward to that.

>Warp Charge 2 for a psychic heavy bolter

Wow, it's fucking nothing. GW's rules continue to devolve into farce with every day.

> I was looking forward to that
Don't get hype.
It will be disappointing as it has always been.

It's just Crimson Slaughter + Black Crusade supplements reshaped with some little bit of extra stuff.

3x Sentinels
Plasma
Lascannon
Missile
3x Laser Destroyer Rapier
9x Lemruss
3x Vaq
3x Annihilator
3x Excu
3x Chimera
3x Trojan
3x Banewolf
3x HellHound
3x Wyvern
3x Basilisk

Plus extra's

2x Malcador infernys
1x Valdor tank hunter

3x Macharius Tank
2x Macharius Vulcan
3x Macharius Vaq
3x Macharius Omega

1x Stormlord
1x Baneblade
1x ShadowSword
1x Stormblade

Alright! So, This is a list of models I'm currently getting however in terms of playing them in a standard tournament is another thing.

Would you gentlemen be so kind to help me out and figure how i'm able to keep all theses models and field them but not necessarily be fielded at once as that's ridiculous.

Now..

I think, I'm able to use the nine tanks along with some infantry units but as for specifics I'm unsure.

GW don't even try and make a good codex if the designer doesn't give a fuck. Its why the DE and ork books are so awful and why eldar and tau are godlike (as they were written by fanboys).

The DE codex in particular is an abomination considering how close to perfect the last one was.

We told you before, go read the rulebook and guard codex.

Not much, but people are preparing themselves for the inevitable disappointment once the thing turns out to be shit (and it will).
The fact that the one leaked power is a carbon copy from the Angels of Death book is not exactly inspiring confidence, nevermind the fact that it is again about Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter, both of which already had a fucking supplement, instead of the legion rules most CSM players actually want.
Whether Kharne actually gains the much-needed Eternal Warrior is also up in the air.

Armored company is primary that will take 900 points assuming you've got all 9 tanks as standard then you'll want fist as secondary company put some heavy weapons team in your command squad they won't be able to use Chimeras and that's the same for your first company.

>We told you before, go read the rulebook and guard codex.
Read the last thread, idiot.

>tfw Crimson Slaughters get more attentions than your Legion

>release the first Warzone style book for CSM to cater for the already focused Khrone side, making money and satisfying the large KDK, CS and Khorne player-base. Lore wise it's about Khorne.
>Follow up with more Warzone books, touching on all gods and one book for renegades.

THEN WARZONE:CADIA

Reretcon the 13th Black Crusade with a more thought out set of events and lore.

I hate how much better my models look with this app over real life.

Post favorite blister pack types
No recast packaging

what app is that?

Honestly to me, they look worst than real life but that's just me.

It's just with this app, It screams thin your paints.

real image?

>Follow up with more Warzone books, touching on all gods and one book for renegades.
"Things that are not going to happen", part 1

Remember how they follow up with the Daemonkins?
Remember how they follow up with the new minis for the greater Daemons?

Yeah.

Also, there is no CS player base. They pull them out of their asses, and people only care because it was one of the very few thing CSM got.
Nobody asked for them.

>Black legion already have a supplement
>Crimson Slaughter already have a supplement
>Khorne already has a fucking codex
I know, guys, let's release a supplement for Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter and Khornates!

>Macharius Omega
I thought they stop selling that?

Prisma.

I don't feel like that. But it really shows I need edge highlights or something.

I like the 4th one.

Also, the old daemon one. I got so many beautiful minis from them.

I know, right? It's kinda sad.

Prisma.

Just looking at your model, they've got no shadows.

It's just the base colour really and there's no real detail on the face or the helmet.

It should have pink lines for the panty part and be white.

Also, Why Sisters of Bolter?

It's super fun too though.

Because I started them 10 years ago and now I have all the models. I am trying to finish for army's on parade.

>tfw you stop at stage 5

Tell me about your dudes Anons. What have they done, who are they, do they have any grudges against anther foe, etc?

2nd on the right, for me.
Mostly because of the nice detail and foam pad, though.

My Canoness has a habit of takeing wrecked vehicles. So far she has acquired so far.
Stormlord
Dark Angels landspeeder
Stormtalon gunship
A Russ Turret
An Imperial knight

Cato Sicarius tanked the gatling cannon of a Knight Crusader for two turns and managed to hide behind a statue holding the objective for the rest of the game.

>Cato Sicarius
Why am I not suprised

My Tech Dominus earned the nickname "Xeno tech is for gays" by solo wiping 3 Fire Prisms and a Wave Serpent and then charging the unit of D-Guard inside, surviving the overwatch.

Truly, xeno-tech is no match for the gifts of the omnissaah.

Not possible. Must be a heretic.

Ave Omnissiah

Wyverns and eradicators, death strikes seem like a poor choice compared to manticores as well.

>Knowing that December of last year a troll posted a false rumour containing better and more interesting rules and formations for CSM than GW ever did
>He make those just for the lulz
>GW write them as a business

Go ahead, call me a heretic, but it would be a shame if you suddenly stopped receiving bolters and plasma weapons. btw, we bully your dumbass friends they send to us for training, worse than fucking Tech Auxillia.

You're a fucking heretic.

Just called my bitch boys at the Inquisition m8.

It seems that some of your chapters conduct has been deemed "Questionable"

Enjoy your "Crusade" kid.

Will do
- Sent from the Great Wolf wolf wolf iphone wolf

So just curious, where does it specifically say that Riptides and Ghostkeels can't take vectored-retrothrusters? I scanned everywhere in the codex and I can't seem to find anything that says they can't. Both of their pages say they take support systems with no addendum. I looked at the support systems page description for vrt and it only denies Broadsides in its description. I checked the battlesuit description page and it wasn't mentioned there either. Was this mentioned in some FAQ or something? And if it was, can someone link it to me, because I can't find it.

>more Khorne

Why are you a raging faggot?

I just bought a Wyvern for my IG, but I do not really understand multiple barrages yet, can someone help me with that?

page 75, the price page. the 1 annotation denotes the corresponding subscript.

It has a gun that shoots multiple times, how difficult could it be to comprehend that?

Twin linked blasts with shred. Re roll every blast! Just had barrage rules

1. Place the first blast template.
2. Roll for deviation. Reroll if needed due to twinlinked.Count the number of models hit.
3. Repeat step 2 until all shots are fired.
4. Add up the number of hits caused.
5. Roll to wound as many times as step 4 added up to, rerolling if needed due to Shred.

It's easy.

First blast lands, roll scatter as normal (In the case of Wyvern you can re-roll)

For any following blasts just roll the directional die, if it's an arrow you place the new blast on the edge of the first blast corresponding with the direction of the arrow (You NEED multiple blast templates). If it's a hit then you can place the new blast anywhere as long as it still touches the first blast. Repeat for additional shots.

For a Wyvern aim right in the middle of a unit, as long as you hit with the first, you're going to cause a lot of pain.

Wait...fuck, I'mHave I been doing it wrong? sheeeeeeeeet.

Dumb asses like you are the reason they are going to ruin 40k once and for all by AoSing it

Dark Eldar are Phil Kelly's favourites along with Ulthwe CWE. Jes Goodwin certainly is a fan too. It's nothing to do with designers playing favourites.

Trust me, it's retards like you who'd rather whine like a bitch instead of helping someone new to their own interest.

Surely you must realise this, if you're not an absolute dipshit.

The correct one is , you don't roll the full scatter for multiple barrages. Still you can reroll the scatter dice if twin linked.

>elfdar are top tier in nearly all editions (designers elfdar fans)

>3.5 csm top tier (designed by iron warriors player)

>5th edition IG top tier (designed by IG player)

>designers don't play favourites

So, you guys excited for the new killteam? Got any cool dudes in your own kill teams?

>So, you guys excited for the new killteam?
No.

Yeah! It's like the existing fan rules, but worse.

Can't see why anyone wouldn't want to play that.

They are already out?

Well it's been revealed that there is shit like Termies being banned but Crisis suits being allowed.

how do you know its worse?

Forcing Tau players to use Fire warriors, pathfinders, or god forbid, kroot would be a disaster

Fuck you for making me look this up.

When will they release the new Imperial Armour i really want good new things especially a transport for my Admech?

>Well it's been revealed that there is shit like Termies being banned but Crisis suits being allowed.
You're surprised why? There is blanket ban on 2+ saves.

Supposedly this fall; the Fires of Cyraxus. AdMech, Imperial Knights and Red Scorpions against Tau.

Last I heard was December, but this is FW, so fuck knows.

Yeah? That's exactly what I and the other guy said. You don't roll the usual deviation (scatter dice + 2d6), you just roll the scatter dice and if it's an hit you place it where you want.

I heard that CSM get a model with a 2+.
I mean it's CSM so... but it isn't a blanket ban.

Since the new kill team has confirmed to squat Sisters of Battle and inquisition

What to do with those armies?

CHOO CHOO TRAINS SOON BROTHER.

Yeah they get mutilators. Maybe it's an attempt to actually sell mutilators?

I JUST WANT COOL TRAINS AND BIG MORTAR ROBOTS

Shove 'em up your ass.

Who cares? They comprise 0.0001% of the playerbase and even less of the sales.

They're in for a shock if they think people are going to buy models purely to play their new sub-game.

Melt them down and drink them.

I hope Stormsurge gets a point reduction and a buff and make it a troop choice.

Make them part of the new scions codex and call it forces of the imperium or something. Have it be a subdex so you don't have to worry about the lack of ability to form a real army with them.

That one model is more relevant than your entire armies.

More things to tank shock.

Immunity to tank shock!

Inquistion will be fine. It's a support army, so it doesn't really make sense to put it in kill team. Only reason scions are there is because someone relatively important at GW plays them.

Now sisters on the other hand, that's a different story.

Seething.

NEVER EVER TAUFAG
>taufags face when they actually have to make tactial decisions

Thing is, on your typical 6x4 board unless the anchored stormsurge is within 12" of one side of the table it will always have at least 1 turn to react to the tank shock. There are few vehicles that both 1) can outflank and 2) is a tank.

Now if warbuggies could buy reinforced rams this shit would be hilarious.

I am think about getting my second army and am having a hard time deciding what to get. SoB have an aesthetic and lore that I love, Imperial Knights seem fun to play and build, Dark angels let me field so many terminators I want them as well, then last but not least the necrons have such interesting lore that I want to own some of their models as well especially Trazyn the Infinite and the C'tan shards. Does anyone who plays these are know how fun they are to play? I have been playing Nids for a year now and while they are awesome I have I that I would want to play with for them.

I run a Canoness with an Eviscerator (modeled as a Chainfist) and she's got a knack for fistfucking dudes in Terminator Armor. Multiple Chaos Lords, Chaos Termie Champions, a GK grand master or whatever the fuck their HQ is called, and on one memorable occasion, a 6-man Hammernator squad in what I will freely admit was an absurd spree of 4++ saves(she did that last without her usual Preacher buffs).

She's also torn multiple Russes, several predators, two dinobots and a Land Raider in half (got an Explodes! on the Land Raider, and killed two of the SM inside it, which was just glorious)

Over with my Guard, while my commander doesn't often do much other than help other units do their jobs, the Astropath attached to the unit has been MVP on several occasions. Drop Pod/Deep Strike/Summoned Demons land next to the command team, get off one round of shooting, and then all their heads explode as the Astro psychic shrieks them. (fuck Invisibility. Most broken rule in a game FULL of broken rules)

Don't buy into SoB - it only leads to pain and suffering. The army is horrifically bad any only has one approved list (anything else is basically an instant loss against all but the most casual of lists) and even then, you';ve got to play mean to make the army function.

Old canoness was a killing machine as long as you pumped her full of faith.

>Since the new kill team has confirmed to squat Sisters of Battle and inquisition
Did i miss something?

oh yeah, under the 4e rules, I had a Canoness who would just mainline Faith and go toe-to-toe with damn near anything. Current rules are much less hilarious, but she can still punish any unwary fool who thinks he can stomp me for playing a "scrub-tier army"

And yeah, much as I love my Sisters, unless and until they get an update I can't really recommend them as a new army for anyone. (I'd disagree with the 'one approved list' thing, but you DO have to know what you're doing to make 'em work) Of the armies you listed as interesting to you, I'd suggest the Dark Angels - they've got cool lore and lots of great options, and as Space Marines they're never far from GeeDubs hearts, so you can rely on having mid-high tier, up-to-date rules for them at all times.

I'm still piss Saint Celestin the motherfucking living saint. Does not have eternal warrior.

Any random S6 or better will insta kill her.