Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Hammer Bayonet edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

previous thread:

>Earthwarden mail shaman tank never
>Runemaster arcane melee clothie never
>Pet using tank never

Just meme my shit up blizzard.

Someone recommend a good looking Transmog for a shaman NPC, set in 4.2. None of the tier sets are particularly appealing to me.

4.2 was Firelands right? something firey I guess

Sorry, 3.2. Argent Tournament.

redeemed arthas x angry jaina when?

For Horde shamans, especially orcs, t2 has always been the iconic shaman look to me. t10 is also very good, especially if going for a Nothrend theme. It's actually pretty down to earth, being mostly hide robes and animal skulls (although the shoulders periodically have a ghostly animal appear from them).
Race is somewhat important, though. For trolls, some form of "witch doctor" look is probably more fitting (the old ZA raid gear is pretty good), and for draenei I don't think most shaman sets really fit them that well (I feel t4 probably clashes least with the standard draenei aesthetic).

I don't want to use t10 as I'm using some Cata stuff like Wildhammer dwarves already working with the Alliance to an extent, and because it's set before ICC.

circa Argent Tourney you could use something from BC and say he's just gotten back from the Outland front

>the maw of the damned doesn't speak
Why do I feel it can, but it's afraid to?

every second you spend talking is a second you're not drinking blood
get slashing kiddo

>I'm using some Cata stuff like Wildhammer dwarves already working with the Alliance to an extent,
the Wildhammers were allied with the Alliance since vanilla, they only properly joined as a memeber of the Council of Three Hammers in Cata

See The Alliance affiliated base in Shadowmoon (TBC) was founded by Wildhammers.

The fact shammy sets clash with draenei so much is making me favor making a dwarf for my shaman. I would do a pandaren, but I hate how they turned out ingame compared to how they look in art. Stupid Jack Black syndrome.

I'd do a troll (witch doctors 'mon), but all my friends are sticking Alliance.

Yeah I get that, I just had an argument with one of my players who hasn't read up on the lore about why he can't have a Gilnean Worgen when Dwarven Shaman are running around. Sorry.

>Jack Black syndrome
what

It's how I refer to how Pandaren look so cuddly in the game when the art had them look quite a bit more ferocious looking. And that there's probably not an insignificant chance that Kung Fu Panda was a reason for that change.

I'd love playing Pandaren if they were somewhere between where they are now, and worgan in terms of ferociousness.

>Kung Fu Panda was a reason for that change
Pandaren predate Kung Fu Panda

>ywn be Chen Stormstout
>ywn spend your entire life drinking, exploring and beating people up while making bear and booze puns
why keep living

I know that. And I'm convinced that Pandaren had their more ferocious aspects turned down in the final release because of Kung Fu Panda.

Where did you pull these "ferocious aspects" from?

While true, that doesn't mean Blizz didn't steal stuff from Kung Fu Panda. Or even decide to make MoP and add Pandaren as a playable race because of Kung Fu Panda. Blizz are kind of uncreative hacks like that.

>Whitemane becomes a DK companion

It's like a dream come true

Male pandaren in the MoP concept art look more bestial than cuddly. I don't mean ferocious in terms of culture, but in aesthetic.

The art shows a manbear who looks like he can cover you in a tavern brawl, release is a cuddly Jack Black doppelganger.

>concept art
user, do you know the definition of "concept art"?

>mfw seeing all the new quests sucking illidans cock and fucking naaru going into full dindu mode

Fuck's sake Blizzard. Can they seriously not make a decent redemption arc without just squeezing every drop of nuance out of a plot?

Fucking hell.

Honestly, I'd be A-Okay with just a lone Naaru sayign "wait shit guys I get it!", and it's just what that one Naaru thinks. It's not destiny or anything, just one Naaru ringside shouting "GET UP ILLIDAN! GO ON SON!"

They did it pretty well with Grom back in WC3

He was handed redemption on a silver platter, turned it down, and had to have it thrust upon him before he could live up to it. And in the end, when he finally did the right thing for once in his life, it cost him his life. But in those last few moments, he was free.

and og pandaren were distinctly japanese

They changed that before the release of TFT

Because China complained about their national animal being given the motif of a country that isn't China. Worse that it's Japan, considering how so much of China is still so butthurt about Manchuria

What's wrong with it?

No flying. That's why no one ever visits.

TFT pandaren were generic far eastern..

Blizzard turned pandaria into mao's wet dream to keep the PRC happy.

You mean the one quest chain?

Maybe, but Pandaria still had better lore, atmosphere and writing than most of Wrath, nevermind the abortion that was Cataclysm.

Pandaria was really strong when I actually gave it a chance. I regret not playing it when it was relevant. At least I didn't have 18 months of SoO.

>>Whitemane becomes a DK companion
>It's like a dream come true

She looks like shit when she becomes a DK though. She should have been a priest follower.

everything not related to pandas were great.

>he doesn't want storytimes with uncle Cho
>he doesn't want comfy dinners in Halfhill
>he doesn't want fortune cookie kung fu adventures
I think the only part of the pandaren that I disliked was the Stormstout Brewery.

Blizzard didn't make them for us, they made them for the Chinese. That's you can play them on both factions. $$$

I don't like how Pandaren turned out, but I'll be damned if I don't admit Li Li was adorable.

Li Li was when I knew I was going to like Pandaria.

Can you fuck off back to

shut up

Well, for what it's worth, it looks like Sylvanas's redemption will have more nuance than Illidan.

This is the only place safe from the god damn furfaggotry and i'd like to keep it that way

THIS.

We're
1. Anti xpack, vanilla pride universe wide
2. Anti-furry
3. Anti-cuck

The Wildhammers were allied with the Alliance during WC2 (hence the base in Outland) but, like Gilneas, Stromgarde, and Quel'thalas, bailed out between the end of the Second War and Cataclysm.

They were still loosely aligned with the alliance, and willing to loan out Gryphon Riders in the Third War and accept aid from Alliance adventurers in Vanilla, but they weren't formally members again until the Council of Three Hammers stuff.

Just because you can't see her thighs doesn't mean she's "Ruined 4Eva!"

Although I do agree with you, she should be a Priest companion.

Some early concept art had Pandas both more ferocious than what we got and some had them looking way more cuddly.

I know this is Veeky Forums, but anons saying they find something cute doesn't always mean they want to fuck it.

I don't even care about Li Li, I just picked the first comfy-looking pandaren picture in my Warcraft folder...

You wouldn't fuck Li Li?

What are you, a faggot?

I've been here long enough to know you're lying

>Just because you can't see her thighs doesn't mean she's "Ruined 4Eva!"
yes it does

I thought Stormstout Brewery was a fun dungeon, though.

Can't see her thighs OR her face does mean she's ruined forever, though.

>I like expansions, everything had something to contribute, except WoD
>pandas are okay in my book

Personal opinions aside, even if you indulge in the furfaggotry, as long as you don't devolve into drama between passive aggressive trannies, you are still infinitely leagues above /wowg/

>saying they find something cute doesn't always mean they want to fuck it.
WhereDoYouThinkWeAre.mpeg

You can see her face just fine, though.

Her hat missing is the biggest crime; but I suppose it WAS stolen by some random adventurer.

>Death Knight quest where you can return Sally Whitemantle's hat to her.

>we have a search warrant for Knight High Inquisitor Whitemane's hat, please come in peace and hand over the hat.

>No hat
>No thighs
>Plate armor
Fuck outta here

a quest returning the chapeau would redeem this heresy

and not even wearing red

She just looks like any generic Death Knight. They could at least have made her wear red.

But really, she should have been a priest follower.

That would have required her to not die.

I couldn't even tell that was her. Thought it was some generic DK npc

so thassarian x whitemane when?

Pandarens would be nice if they aren't so incompetent. They were literally bitches to everyone the whole expansion. Then you discover that even their wonderful and unique civilization was really just what's leftover of the mogu and they didn't even understand half of the mogu tech and magic after being at peace for thousands of years. You'd think there are more than 1 Cho, ShaoHao-like character that would study and do some amazing shit. Nope, all lazy drunks or failures like Zhu

I also hated the tier sets. They had so much potential to add in some eastern aesthetics but nope, just gona take a piece out of a instance's wall and model it like generic armor.

well no shit, pandas are lazy as almighty fuck in nature, makes sense their the exact same way in WoW.

Thassarian is too occupied with Koltira's sweet boipuss.

Is Thassarian locked for alliance and Koltira for horde? Or do we get to pick like DH? Because fuck Koltira I want Thassarian.

Also, does anyone know what difference it makes by choose one DH follower or the other? Which one did you guys pick?

I'm surprised how few of the DK models are unique. None of them get the fancy recolors Muradin gets, and Morgraine's armor is literally T10 25H.

>I also hated the tier sets.
The Hunter first tier of the xpac was the best they've ever gotten, IMO.

It all falls on how you prefer Akama. Altruis recruits Akama properly, while Kayn strips his soul from him, recruiting the Shade of Akama. Nothing changes other than that currently though.

I chose Kayn because fuck Altruis for making me fly all over Outland.

And cows are nothing but milk machines, but taurens are badass warriors and shamans. As much of a beta as Baine is, at least he gets some shit done.

more like thassarian got tired of koltira and is lusting after the sweet sweet priestess who needs help becoming a DK.

bulls are pretty aggressive creatures.

cows are milk machines, bulls will fuck your shit though.
male tauren will kick your ass, as it should be.

I chose Altruis because he seems more capable of thinking independently. I felt Kayn was too blinded (ha) by his loyalty to Illidan.

>I'm surprised how few of the DK models are unique. None of them get the fancy recolors Muradin gets, and Morgraine's armor is literally T10 25H.

Well not much point developing a bunch of stuff for a class that's four expansions out of date when Demon Hunters are the new hotness. It's the same with monks.

I chose Kayn because I felt it makes more sense RP-wise. I did the quests with Alruis in TBC, and know his backstory, but from the DH's point of view he's just some guy who deserted from your forces and then helped a bunch of murderhobos kill some of your friends. Whether his actions were justified or not, a DH who was seemingly perfectly OK with following Illidan up to the end probably isn't going to approve of them.

Although if recruiting Kayn apparently results in Akama getting soul-raped, I kind of regret the decision.

And wild pandas are predators. With one of the highest bite force compare to all other bears. They were nearly as dangerous as tigers and wolf packs at one point.

I also chose Kayn, since he actually fought with me. I didn't do Alruis' quest in BC and I thought from a RP sense demon hunters are arrogant edgy fucks that values absolute dedication more than flexible thinking. I'm also a racist against Nelves since WC3 because fuck Malfurion

But I agree I might regret the decision if it means I have to fuck Akama up. Guy needs a break.

>Loyal servant of Illidan
>Giving Akama a break

>Illidan
That's not how you spell Arthas

>Arthas
That's not how you spell the name of the commander in chief.

>Implying Baine is beta
He kills the shit out of a Grimtotem in the tauren beginning area. He's just that quiet kid that will shoot up the school if you push him enough.

The Shaman DS1/2/BCrehash is classic (Though the shoulders on the otherwise amazing DS rehash in blue are terrible.)

Mao despised classical Chinese culture you tard.

Maybe the first time or two through.

I gotta disagree, the worst parts of MoP were the Garrosh ones.

>classical
>one perfect state where everything is perfect
>one leader that knows the best
>gigantic farming and hilariously huge vegetables.

the entire expansion was made to suck china's dick. Its something MMOs and mobas try to do due to the massive chinese market.

>>one leader that knows the best
But Taran-zhu isn't the single unquestioned leader. They haven't had an emperor for thousands of years.

>get fucked by Horde
>completely disregarded by Alliance
>takes your continent's resources, ancient artifacts, and you help them do it
>your culture and civilization is the leftover of your ancient oppressor

Yes, I'm sure every Chinese person likes to see that.

>takes the moral high ground in everything
>not the best kind of victory.
and who was the other leader except some dragons who were doing jack shit?

That's pretty definitive of Chinese culture for millennia. Hell, the reason why Imperial China never really carried out an invasion, and why they were so isolationist, was because they believed China was Heaven on Earth, and basically went by the creedo, "Why would anyone ever want to leave Heaven?"

But Chinese people are too dumb to see that user.
Plus China is strong enough to actually have some weight on online video games, like how they managed to get censored "freedom", "free China", "d on Lemocracy" and words like that on LoL. Sure it would be the whole game that gets changed, but a few details here and there can make a whole lot of difference.

Democracy*
It wouldn't*

Damnit, possibility to edit your posts when?

>They haven't had an emperor for thousands of years.
Clearly that means they're not pandering to the communist non emperor having china

I'm Chinese and I hated that part of MoP. It's like they planned to suck China's dick and decided half way through that they need to maintain the dual superpower status quo. So they hype Pandaria up as this perfect society but is somehow clueless on diplomacy, war, and even their own continent. Thus Pandaria itself won't be able to do anything to affect the world by itself, and can only serve as a tool for RED V BLU to one up each other. Literally the worst way to market the setting to China is to make it represent China's 19, 20 century "bitch to everyone" self.