Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Using Technology.trid
>Dangers and Treachery: Matrix Criminals.trid
>Cyberdecks: Regression or Tradition.trid
>How to get trideo players for cheap.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'What the frag chummer? Your bastet attacked my host!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running 'Running BTL'.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Matrix Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uh5W0JA-jo0
my.mixtape.moe/lwphpp.chum5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shadowrun_books
universaldist.com/pre-orders.aspx?Command=Schedule
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45890799/#45892195
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/2fdfx4/world_builder_wednesday_smugglers_blues_new/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I asked in a previous thread, but I never got a response:

Do we have any pictures of the 5e matrix, with the hosts in the sky and all that?

The descriptions make it difficult to paint a clear mental picture.

Demolitions is a fun skill.

What's better than setting off a 20kg nailbomb as a distraction? I can tell you this; not much.

Yeah this is my 1st time playing Shadowrun, I haven't really got all the social modifiers memorised yet. I would have thought the wireless bonuses from the suit and coat would work anywhere there's wireless, right?

Thing is, I'm not sure what to prepare for. It makes sense to pick up licenses for future things you may need to do, but I'm not sure what those things will be.

Good thing I plan to get Tailored Pheromones 3 then. I just want it to be a net bonus rather than having to eat into it with more ware.

In the previous session my group killed 3 Shedim and a Master Shedim with explosives. They were leading a doomsday cult and by the time we had solid evidence that the leader was in fact a Shedim they were having a meeting in a secret chamber deep beneath the cult chapel.

We did try to think of several other methods because we weren't certain that the explosion would actually kill the Shedim but eventually came to the conclusion that we could collapse the only entrance to the lair and since the explosion would also be powerful enough to kill the bodies the Shedim would be trapped down there and getting out from underground would take too long for them to be able to survive it.

The fact that the explosion was powerful enough to increase the background count in the area was a bonus.

GM was kinda impresses since he had planned a massed battle with the (mostly innocent and mislead) cultists defending the Shedim and their master opening a portal to bring in more of their kind. Instead some well placed explosives took care of the problem. At least it seems that way.

So is this guy basically Shadowrun's Trump? There are a lot of parallels.

Are you telling me that Trump was also some street kid who was brought in to replace some rich man's kid who had turned into an Ork?

No, not that part. More the "horrible racist and powerful businessman coming dangerously close to winning the presidency"

>I asked in a previous thread, but I never got a response:
You did get several responses, actually.

>Do we have any pictures of the 5e matrix, with the hosts in the sky and all that?
No.

>trump
>racist

thank you for correcting the record

Well, that's not exactly a rare occurrence in the world. Though usually they prefer to merely buy the politicians who win.

I want to use the hook in Ghost Cartels about stealing promissory notes from the Yakuza to thwart a corporate buyout attempt. What should I know about these that I don't? Like, are they going to be a physical thing? What exactly do they do?

>KondOrchid’s Japanese subsidiary is facing a subtle attack
by the Watada-rengo’s sokaiya; the Yakuza accountants are
buying up promissory notes and debts weighed against the
subsidiary in preparation for a buy-out attempt—a buyout
that is intended to fail as another shipping corporation,
South Sea Imports, Ltd., will off er to be a white knight and
block the sale for a fraction of stock. South Sea Imports,
however, is owned and operated by the Komata-kai, an
Amazonia-based Yakuza gumi that owes allegiance to the
Mita-gumi—and with the stock, South Sea Imports could
fi le a minority shareholder’s lawsuit, which would consolidate
the Mita-gumi’s position with the Olaya cartel. Sacristán
hires the shadowrunners to block the buyout by stealing the
promissory notes.

how many of you play characters that wield spears or staves or other pole-weapons?

what are your opinions of a Rigger launching his drones into combat using either a bow and arrow or giant slingshot?
youtube.com/watch?v=Uh5W0JA-jo0

You should read the Takeshi Kovacs series. It will build character and improve your imagination. :D

How do you guys find long term games?
Id like to play or run.

Slingshot or something for firing drones into air does sound plausible "see, the catapult gets them into air quickly and it's useful for when I need to get them into the fight ASAP."

But no, none of my characters in SR have used spears or staves so far. Stun batons and other clubs yes, but no pole-arms.

what chu talkin' about Willis?

One of the character's I have on standby for the current campaign, uses a mortar on the flatbed to launch lightweight glider drones above the run area.
You can cut out a lot of weight and replace it with utility grenades to drop into firefights, when you don't need big engines.

Should work similarly with other projectile weapons. The only problem is working out with your GM, what to stat those highly modified drones.

Player/gm looking for a shadowrun group withou knowing how to get one.

Ive not had a group since higschool almost a decade ago.

A while ago I requested some chummer5 tech support in a similar thread and now I've finally (kinda) finished my character. Since I'll be playing for the first time, I decided to drop the file here in case you guys have some feedback on it, maybe I forgot something useful or missed something vital. Hell, you guys can of course steal the character for your own use if you want be it PC or NPC.
>The character file: my.mixtape.moe/lwphpp.chum5

For context I'll say that I wanted to make a classic hardboiled detective adept but since our group should be getting a street samurai who also wants to be face and we already have a decker, I decided to focus more on the detecting shit part and the magical side of the sixth world. Our group may get a fourth player but since no-one has any idea what his character might be, I settled with more of a jack-of-all-trades.

FLGS, local universities/colleges and other geek hang out spots are prime material for finding IRL games.
The more effective method (and more modern) would still be just scouring the net. There are plenty of games ran over the internet be it with text or voice chat if you can't find a local game that way.

Man geek hangouts universally close in a week, and im way out of university.

>Man geek hangouts universally close in a week
Carpe diem.
>and im way out of university.
It's not like the people there request your student pass or some shit before playing with you.

have you tried the subreddits /r/RunnerHub and /r/ShadowNET and their respective chargen subreddits /r/HubChargen and /r/ShadowChargen?

>inb4 Veeky Forums only plebs

Well, maybe I can find a shop before they close.

Can I cull people from srg without too much trouble? I like to run a more pink mohawk game with lits of oddballs.

> I would have thought the wireless bonuses from the suit and coat would work anywhere there's wireless, right?
It depends on your GM, really. Logically, your suit should only impress people who are generally impressed by nice suits - corpers, wage slaves, ect - whereas people who dislike people in suits would think negatively of you - barrens rats who blame the corporations for their plight, various other anti-corporation people since suits are generally viewed as having corporate connections. So, if you're not talking to the right people, your suit could have no effect, but your GM has the ultimate call on that

>I'm not sure what to prepare for.
General useful things include licenses for maintenance work, for getting into places, bodyguard licenses for having an excuse to carry in weapons, and possibly bounty hunter licenses for cashing in on bounties. Also, you'll need relevant licenses for each SIN, since licenses are tied to SINs, which might also make them look more convincing if they seem to have some sort of story to go with them.

>more ware.
A suggestion, though the high availability might make it difficult, is to get higher grade ware to leave more room for other useful ware. Also, loss of essence mostly factor into magic rather than social limit, since 1 essence lost is really only 1/3 of a point of social limit, and the limit is rounded up. Plus, tailored pheromones increase your social limit by significantly more than your essence loss would take away. With a low estimate for a face, with 5 CHA and 3 WIL, you have a 10 social limit at 5.1+ ESS with Tailored Pheromones 3, which goes down to 9 if you have anywhere between 2.1 and 5 ESS, which is still more than you need. If you have 2 WIL for some reason, then you need 3.1 ESS to get to 9 social limit. If you have less than 5 CHA, then why are you playing the face? But really, with Tailored Pheromones 3, it's incredibly easy to get to a limit of 7 no matter what, which is plenty.

Do you have Skype?

I have a mic, but i've never used skype.
Largely due to the nogames thing.
It should be easy to get, right? Like teamspeak?

It's more like MSN but sure. Don't even have to use voice.

I mostly use google chat myself, but skype is doable.

>Logically, your suit should only impress people who are generally impressed by nice suits
That does make sense, in all fairness. I'm not sure what the wireless bonus is meant to represent though.

>licenses
So it's a case of having multiple identities basically? Being the man of a million faces?

>ware
So 7 social limit is a good point to stop increasing/decreasing? That makes sense. That said, what ware would you get? Because there isn't a lot else other than Tailored Pheromones for a face that makes you better at being a face.

>Being the man of a million faces?
Yup. There are many runs where you may have to disguise yourself as someone else (e.g. You need to appear as a investment broker/bounty hunter/medic/boss of a [insert area of work here] corp/etc.). For that you need a Fake SIN and relevant Licenses.
If you want to appear as the boss of a plumbing corp and your SIN says you are something else then best case they will be fooled (electrician), most likely be suspicious (demolition expert) or even outright hostile (something else that has absolutely no connection to it).
It also helps when doing legwork as you can use a separate SIN for that which won't lead them to you

>ware
AFAIR you are SOL since the only ware that directly boosts your CHA related dicepools is Tailored Pheromones.

Dunkelzahn is Shadowrun's Trump.

He doesnt have a talkshow.
And the shiws he was on bombed instead of being popular.
And his role in those shows was usually jerk businessman.

The dunk has way more charisma and better pr.

What's your handle on Skype?

None yet, gotta get one once i am home

Fair enough. I'll be going to sleep eventually. I'll check back later. It's like 3am almost here.

Trump had Apprentice so they both did have a show.

On the other hand, Dunkelzahns hands were clearly normal sized for his species.

>not sure what the wireless bonus is meant to represent
To be honest, a lot of wireless bonuses are kinda bulldrek. I've imagined wireless bonuses for clothing as some sort of reactive thing that affects how the suit falls in relation to the temperature and weather, and a sort of subtle color change based on lighting so it looks as good as possible. To be fair, it's a bit of a stretch, but that's what makes the most sense to me out of what I've thought of.

>man of a million faces
Pretty much.
>ware
Speaking of a million faces, there's always the false face one, and the vocal modulator. Other ware that could be useful - stuff related to combat since it's pretty inevitable so you should make it so you don't die as easily. I'd avoid particularly visible ware, as that could make you stand out. Also, licenses for some of that ware is probably a good idea.

Read the rest of his post

You sleep man, i got work for a while.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shadowrun_books

Which Shadowrun book has the SKU number 27001?

Is it just a reserved number for future printing?

Martyring himself to keep the horrors out.

Stopping illegal immigration.

Very little difference.

Humanis should go and stay go

I'm going to be running a street level campaign for my friends where they start and build up their own street gang.

From what I'm seeing, the character creation rules for Street level and Street Scum aren't very good, since magic is very powerful. Anyone have any good suggestions for character generation rules for this?

Also, I could use some advice on money and karma rewards. My idea was to try and make it some big accounting game where the players could set up some businesses pushing drugs or weapons to let their NPC goons handle, which brings in money each week to pay themselves and their men. But that seems very open to become confusing to balance. Any suggestions on that part too?

They're just plain not good. Especially if you don't/can't do voice. Hearing impairment makes online RPGs !!fun!! to try and get.

5th edition Runner's Toolkit.

That's 27102

Is there a beginners guide to being a good face or something? Because I thought it was just being good at talking your way into/out of trouble, with some kind of combat skill as a back up (and to be fair that's worked so far).

Also, can you multiple SINs on one commlink? And if you can, should you?

Face is something of a half role, really only taking about 6 skills to do well. Be sure you bring something else to the table to help your party out.

I generally rule you can only broadcast one SIN/commlink at a given time, but switch between them at will, for simplicity's sake.

>horrible racist

Street Level for Karma is 600 Karma/10 Avail, Street Level for Sum-to-ten is Sum-to-Eight, with 10 Avail.

Focus on giving runners money in the form of goods, that sounds like what kind of campaign you want to set up. They hit a place and get paid in Deepweed, Novacoke, and Jazz. Now they can spend a few weeks getting it sent to the right dealers or setting up their own dealers.

one of my players is talking about how he wants to trade court scrip back and forth to increase his money.

I can't think of a reason

>court scrip back and forth
?????????????????????????????

universaldist.com/pre-orders.aspx?Command=Schedule

Check the SKUs.

azzie money is worth X+1 > neonet money is worth x
he's knows about some drek that will devalue azzie money value or increase the neonet money value so he turns it into neonet money

he intends to do this constantly at all levels.

chummer, you do know that corp scrip (aka the money used within the corp) is worth less than nothing outside of it?
You can't pay with azzie money outside of the AZT arcologies. AZT scrip is worth absolutely nothing when in e.g. an ARES arcology

SK scrip is worth almost 1:2 for nuyen, though

Downside is that you have to be able to spend said SK script.

You can spend corp scrip in plenty of places in the shadows that aren't that specific corp. But you're gonna pay out the nose in "conversion fees".

Not so much that you can *spend* it places, but you can get it converted at varying exchange rates.

And take a hit on what you receive back as a transaction fee.

Yes. Varying exchange rates. As in, exactly how much you get back varies.

You still can't spend corpscrip outside corp enclaves. Have to find someone that will give you local currency or nuyen.

Is there any reason someone would use a respirator over a gas mask? Immunity seems much more useful than adding [rating] to resistance tests.

Gas mask immunity doesn't help with contact vector. Everything short of nausea gas is contact/inhalation.

That doesn't answer my question, but thanks anyway for the reply.

Respirators are what regular people use to avoid breathing in pollution, so I imagine them being more convenient to carry around and easier to take off.

Basically a Gas mask gives you immunity to inhalation vectors, which doesn't matter since most are contact/inhalation so it enters through the contact vector anyway
A respirator OTOH gives you a DPM which may still help you resist it
A gas mask is only worth it if you have some clothing that gives immunity to contact vectors as well

>OTOH
?
Pg. 449 Sr5, Respirators add their rating as a dice pool bonus to resist inhalation-vector toxins. If its also a contact-vector toxin, it shouldn't add its rating to your dice pool, because its not longer helping.

It does provide an answer, but thanks for trying?

Which would you pick, between extra resistance dice and immunity that can be bypassed?

>* Running 'Running BTL'.BTL...

For when you have more deepweed than sense.

It's still inhalation vector, though, which means you add dice.

There's no second place for immunity vs toxins.

>it's coming to Netflix

My dick can only get so hard

>Gas Mask provides immunity to inhalation vector
>Respirator provides resistance to inhalation vector
Resistance doesn't help if it's also bypassed like said. I'd rather have immunity to one thing and get a chemical seal to resist the other than have a respirator and chemical seal for two separate resistances

Respirators are common in the 6th world due to pollution, most people probably carry a low-grade version rolled up in their pocket.

Gas masks on the other hand are large, bulky items, which conceal most of your face. It will draw attention almost as much as wearing your tac-vest.

If you have a Chemical Seal, you don't need a gas mask. You already have a helmet that is part of the seal.

The problem isn't that it's bypassed in the rules, but that immunity does nothing if it's not complete. Bonus dice or immunity; both still apply, no matter how many additional vectors are used. One of them is just useless vs most gas toxins.

Yeah, I've got a decent Blades skill as a backup, and a pistol as a backup for the backup. That said, I read on here about people with multiple fake SINs and licences for all kinds of things, and burner commlinks, and false faces and voice modulators and I wonder if I'm doing it wrong when most of the time I abuse the hell out of the Influence group of skills. It helps that I'm pretty sure the GM is getting me use good roleplaying as a buffer.

>Altered Carbon
Absolute swill

If you are doing Face as a secondary role then what you're doing is fine.
What we usually describe is something called Social Infiltrator, which is kinda Face as a full archetype, using your social skills, contacts and resources to get into places you would otherwise be denied entry and gathering information by having people tell you.

?

Thing is, its meant to be face first, hitting second, except I seem to succeed more spectacularly when I'm hitting things (the dice don't seem to like me being diplomatic). That said, when I wasn't there for one session, everything went tits up and ended in explosions (though to be fair, ending in explosions is our default plan, but usually we actually complete the mission too).

Posting from mobile has issues sometimes.

Played on both and can confirm both have power mad shit heads that have there cliques that keep them in power. Its really not worth the drama playing on either.

>Its really not worth the drama playing on either.
And this, children, is why people on Veeky Forums complain about being either chronically gameless or in shitty games. Either your standards are high enough that your can't play where there are actual games to be found, or your standards are low enough that you inevitably bite the bullet abs play with shitty people.

The question is whether no game is better than bad games. Everyone falls on one side or the other, and most people don't end up with good games either way.

I'm a lucky man. I have enough IRL friends who love Shadowrun to GM for them. They are utterly incompetent but I love it nonetheless.

Except Colin and James fuck you guys stop playing Monster Hunter

Anyone ever run a game in New Orleans? there doesnt seem to be an awful lot of info on the place..

>how many of you play characters that wield spears or staves or other pole-weapons?
Here's the problem with that. The combat knife/katana/claymore outclass every other melee weapon in their respective weight classes that you just don't ever see polearms presented as a reasonable option.

A polearm, for example, does the same damage as a katana, has less AP, and is WAY harder to hide with all of that Reach. For how obvious/overt/massive it is, it should be competing statistically with the claymore, because that's the weapon people are going to be seriously looking at whenever they go that overt.

The same is true of what could have been other neat options, like the rapier, or literally any Clubs weapon other than the stun baton.

There are such clearly obvious choices to pick that nobody goes for anything else.

I see monowhips on occasion, but more for style than anything else. More often I get asked if we can refluff one of the best weapons as a ____ so they have the best mechanical option.

fuck that, commit to your gimmick you little bitches

>Lesbian haircut
>Subhuman
Fucking disgusting

My group is all playing WoW again. They don't want to play Shadowrun, it seems. Just zero interest.

>Lesbian haircut
>Metahuman
Fapfapfap.

I just had a weird thought and it may just be because I'm drunk...

But wouldn't it be cool if Technomancers paid less essence for for Cyberware? Or make it only reduce Max RES and not your current RES score? Maybe pay more for Bio/Geneware to offset it?

Being part machine already by the nature of your very soul seems like a cool idea and Technos need all the help they can get.

>Or make it only reduce Max RES and not your current RES score?
This was literally in the first print for 5e core on technomancers during chargen.

Really? Damn. Shame it was an error.

I really should stop posting. Because now I'm having thoughts like letting the Skinlink echo put Sprites into things that aren't connected to the matrix or aren't in wireless mode with a touch or using the Technomancer as a literal bridge between grids or hosts for sprites or other personas. Let them be an extension of the matrix itself and their aura be a mini-matrix or a short-range grid all its own.

>Shame it was an error
I'm not convinced it was. Seems they just decided to fuck with things.

Well it's a good thing they changed that and not "Submerging costs 10x(3xLevel) Karma."

Because we wouldn't want those Technos getting too uppity now.

I remember New Orleans in SR being a recurring topic in a few of these threads a few months back. We had some guy, who was kinda a history buff explain a lot.

Maybe those can be found in the archives.

>Because now I'm having thoughts like letting the Skinlink echo put Sprites into things that aren't connected to the matrix or aren't in wireless mode with a touch or using the Technomancer as a literal bridge between grids or hosts for sprites or other personas.

Which are both things that can perfectly be done. The technomancer can connect to the Matrix at large and to anything they touch with skinlink; which mean they can work as living conduit between an offline device and the Matrix. Or as link between grids with the "Transcend Grid" complex form.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45890799/#45892195
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/2fdfx4/world_builder_wednesday_smugglers_blues_new/

Target: Smuggler Havens is the only book I can recall that actually discusses New Orleans at all.

How ridiculous would a dwarf look carrying a HMG?