Board Games General - Fa/tg/uys Anonymous Edition

Welcome to the latest edition of Board Games General! The old thread is here ---> The new pastebin is up and has the link to the Veeky Forums Steam games group in the 'places you can find other players' section.

pastebin.com/NA2W929q

Suggestions on additional content, additional board game reviewers, resources, etc to add always welcome.

>How often do you teach a new game (or games) to other players?

>Describe your collection - what percentage of your games are light, medium, or heavy games?

>What percentage of your collection (if any) do you have sleeved or laminated?

>Do you ever make / use 'player aids' to help teach new players how to play a game?

>And of course, as always, feel free to brag about your latest new game (or admit your gaming addition). We promise not to mock you (much).

>>How often do you teach a new game (or games) to other players?

Fairly often - maybe 50% of the time we board game I'll teach a new game since I've got a large collection.

>>Describe your collection - what percentage of your games are light, medium, or heavy games?

20% light - 40% medium - 40% heavy games.

>>What percentage of your collection (if any) do you have sleeved or laminated?

I laminate resource cards and other large game parts whenever possible just to help preserve the components for as long as possible (and to avoid the 'spilled drink' / 'Greasy fingers' issues that kill game parts rapidly).

>>Do you ever make / use 'player aids' to help teach new players how to play a game?

I try to use any player aids I can like rules summaries to make it easier for new players to learn the game. I figure if new players have a good first learning experience I'll be more likely to get them to play that game again later. It seems to have worked for the most part so far.

>>And of course, as always, feel free to brag about your latest new game (or admit your gaming addition). We promise not to mock you (much).

I.. I admit it. I bought Dead of Winter 'The Long Night' even though my group hasn't played the core game very much and the 'traitor' mechanic in the core game isn't the best. But I bought it for a discount (under $40) so that makes it all good. Right guys? Guys?

>I think they were some gold labelled Mayday Euro ones. I'll see if I can find the packet later.

Thanks - that would be appreciated.

>Looking to add a few games to my collection and was hoping to get some suggestions!
>I have about 100 dollars to spend and im more than happy with getting used games.

Check the pastebin link in the OP. There are a number of places online where you can find discount new games - CSI, MiniatureMarket, and Cardhaus being some of the most well known. As for used games - check out the Board Game Geek site and their Geek Bazaar.
I've purchased 4 or 5 new or used games from various sellers there and always had good experiences (YMMV).

> I'm also particularly interested in finding some good coop games.

There are tons of 'full coop' and 'semi coop' games out there.

Full Coop:
Forbidden Island / Forbidden Desert. (Desert is the more challenging of the two.)
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Legendary Encounters (card game) - Marvel Heroes, Aliens, Predator, etc.
Pandemic
Zombicide
Dead of Winter (without the traitor mechanic).
Gears of War
Robinson Crusoe

Semi Coop
The Resistance
Dark Moon
Cutthroat Caverns
Level 7 Omega Protocol
Fury of Dracula
Shadow Hunters
Saboteurs
Specter Ops

Pretty often due to being the board game supplier. Had the pleasure of being taught a few games by our FLGS owner though recently, which was refreshing.

>Describe your collection - what percentage of your games are light, medium, or heavy games?
Going by a combination of average time needed to play and complexity of rules, probably 25% heavy, 25% light, 50% medium?

I have 2 games fully sleeved, and another partially sleeved (Netrunner decks). Mostly due to how hard it is to bring in sleeves for varying card sizes.

>Do you ever make / use 'player aids' to help teach new players how to play a game?
Only the games that might be harder than usual to grasp the concept of (Twilight Struggle) or if it can be hard to keep track of possible options (Fury of Dracula).

>And of course, as always, feel free to brag about your latest new game (or admit your gaming addition). We promise not to mock you (much).
A store I buy from will finally be stocking Arboretum and Archaeology: the New Expedition soon, which I'm looking forward to. Small box games are great.

I usually introduce a new game every game night.

Got about 200 games. Hard to tell. I guess most of my collection is middle weigh

Maybe 15 % light, 60 % medium, 25 % Heavy

All games are sleeved.

Yes, sometimes even make my own with photoshop...

Right now I just can't stop playing Shadows of Brimstone. Havent bought anything new in a few months apart from expansions.

Most of the time. I'm generally the guy people turn to for new games. They've even lend me games so I can play a bit of it with myself so I can fully understand the rules to teach someone else.

Mostly medium games. I don't generally trust heavy games with my group but we actively seek out better stuff than say munchkin. Games around the level of Cosmic or Seasons.
0%. I do not play magic and generally keep the rest of my stuff in good condition. I'm open to it if anything becomes a cheating risk but generally we're fine.
>>Do you ever make / use 'player aids' to help teach new players how to play a game?
Nah. I generally just show people a good summarized example of the flow of a turn, trying to tell them about any important mechanics and what the end goal is. Common sense tends to fill in the rest.
>>And of course, as always, feel free to brag about your latest new game (or admit your gaming addition). We promise not to mock you (much).
Got Krosmaster. Looking forward to playing it, but this I got for my /co/ friends, gatta see if my Veeky Forums friends are up for it. Vassel described it as a 30 minute game which sounds great.

>I have 2 games fully sleeved, and another partially sleeved (Netrunner decks).

I think I'd go broke if I tried to sleeve all my Netrunner cards right now...

> Mostly due to how hard it is to bring in sleeves for varying card sizes.

There are a links in the pastebin to a couple of resources including a really good Board Game Geek thread that lists card sizes and manufactures. But yeah, I'd agree it's a pain in the butt with all the different sizes and different sized sleeves.

>Got about 200 games.
>All games are sleeved.
You sir, are a mad man! I salute you. That's dedication right there.

>Yes, sometimes even make my own with photoshop...

That's excellent. I've made a few and used quite a few from Geek. I'm on a Core Worlds kick right now - just sleeved everything up, and have laminated the player boards. I also had 14 x 28" play mat printed out and laminated (play mat image from Geek) for less than $20. I've also downloaded a player aid sheet, but I think I'm going to do a 2nd image with explanations of the cards for the other side.

I always sleeve as I buy new games, so it's never too underwhelming.

Unless I receive some deck building game. Legendary Encounters Predator is an especially brutal experience.

Sleeving all the shadows of brimstone stuff is always a crazy old time too now that I think of it.

The main problem with the Dead of Winter traitor mechanic: The traitor waits to sabotage the group until he has the last turn in a round, after which the first player token will rotate counter-clockwise from the player to his right to him during the colony phase. The traitor will then act first in the next round, with no opportunity over these 2 turns for other players to vote to exile him, thus doubling the time over which he can act interrupted and try to reduce morale to 0. Commonly known as the double turn.

Dead of Winter: The Long Night fixes this with an additional rule that can be easily applied to the base game as well. When the first player token would be passed during the colony phase, any player can initiate a vote to have the token not pass and remain with the current first player, with the first player breaking a tied vote.

Also, $40 is a fantastic price for one of the best semi co-op/defector games out there. Don't feel bad user.

Also, many reviewers are saying that Dead of Winter: The Long Night is better than Dead of Winter; you don't need to play the original to enjoy it. The game advertises itself as a standalone expansion and gives you the option to combine components fromnthe base game, but gives no solid way to do this without affecting game balance. Whether you view the base game as either a standalone experience or additional content for The Long Night, you're not missing out on anything for not having played it.

A small caveat: if still available from Plaid Hat Games, get the Felicia Day promo character. Her character ability greatly increases the chance of crossroad cards triggering, which is the best part of the game. It's the only promo formDead of Winter that I would argue actually improves the play experience.

>Board games general
>On board that is already one massive collection of tabletop games
What the fuck, man?

When I play with new people a game that is new for them, duh
>
Define light, medium and heavy games
0%, unless keeping books and boxes wrapped in newspaper counts
No
I like playing Mensch ärgere Dich nicht. First and best board game I've ever played

You must be new.

Board games have to all be in the same thread or they get pushed off by fuckers that refuse to migrate to /qst/ or who think that every single card spoiled in a new MtG release needs its own thread.

>how often do you teach
Once or twice a week. Lots of new players, lots of new games
>light/medium/heavy in my collection
I do not have a lot of heavy stuff. I don't buy heavy euros normally because one group will hate it. The other group buys more euros than they know what to do with, so I still get my fill.
Most of my games are light-medium I guess.
>% sleeved
At this time, maybe 15%? I'm going to unsleeve a couple games today if I have time before the meetup. There's some games that just don't need it (Space Alert) and at least one game where I'm unhappy with sleeve size (BattleCON), and that's keeping it from coming out.
>Player aids
I make them for games where I'm unsatisfied with what's on BGG already. I usually upload them after. I have to know exactly what's frustrating people about the game to begin with. In the case of Greenland, it was the fact that there was no aid that showed who goes first in each phase (I believe they actually made a card for this in second edition). I've wanted to make a big teaching aid for Gravwell for a while that visualizes the movement for new players
>Brag about addiction
Read the rules to A Feast for Odin the other night. I can't deny that most of my interest in it is due to the box being bigger than any previous Uwe game.
Veeky Forums is a Magic the Gathering and tabletop RPG board. The only non-general board game threads are dudes from /v/ asking if the latest /v/-related board game cash-in is worth it. Also those sad fucks who play Risk on here

>HURRR
>QUESTS
>DURRR

The only thing that came out from creation of /qst/ was visible slow-down on Veeky Forums
Oh, and fuckload of /d/-themed threads that normally would simply stay unnoticed.

Traitor mechanics in most games are dumb. "If the other players lose, you win." I would rather more games do what the Insane cards in Mansions of Madness 2nd edition do, where the Insane player has a win condition that doesn't necessarily preclude other players from winning, but interferes with the game.

For instance, one of the insanity cards is Pyromania, where the player is trying to set as many fires as possible. The other players can still win with five+ fires on the table, it'll just be much harder.

>Acting like a slow-down is a bad thing.
>Wanting threads for lesser known games to get pushed off in less than two hours.

Taking the bait

Looking at the catalog right now
>Quests, stat me, CYOA, magical realm, edition wars, storytiem, towergirls, BBEG threads, bait threads, SJW appreciation threads, that guys, filename threads, GW hate threads,
60% of Veeky Forums is cancer

>Setting specific threads (Star Wars/Trek, LotR, ASoI&F, Elder Scrolls),RPG system threads (PF/D&D, retroclones, GURPS, Shadowrun, WoD), miniature game generals (Malifaux, Infinity, AoS, 40K, Battletech)
49% of non cancer Veeky Forums is not board game related.

2 boardgame questions that don't deserve their own threads

And us.

I forgot M:tG in cancer
Also, maths are hard.

Thanks - interesting to know. I'll have to read the rules for Long Night now and see what all has changed. My 'house rules' solution to the issue of the traitor waiting until the 'unstoppable moment' to tank the game for the rest of the survivors would have been to require the traitor to perform some 'hostile act' (like attempting to a crisis with the wrong resource cards) at least once every two turns. This gives the players a clue that something isn't right, but doesn't force the traitor to automatically reveal themselves. They could act on turn 1 and then wait again until turn 4 for example.

> get the Felicia Day promo character. Her character ability greatly increases the chance of crossroad cards triggering, which is the best part of the game. It's the only promo formDead of Winter that I would argue actually improves the play experience.

I have Colby's character, but haven't picked up Day. Might have to look into that.

Is the Kickstarter for Fields of Green worth it or should I just buy Among The Stars instead?

I like drafting games but I've never played AtS. Anyone like it here?

It's well recommended by those who own it. I don't have it myself, but it does get praised here. I just got into Core Worlds, but I'm a big Space 4x fan and C.W. scratches that Empire building itch without the longer play time of true 4x games.

I've never heard of Core Worlds. Is it similar to Tiny Epic Galaxies?

Never played Tiny Epic Galaxies. Core Worlds is a Deck Builder with drafting mechanics. In Core Worlds the vast Human Empire is crumbling. Each player is a "Barbarian" Empire from the edges of known space. Each seeks to add better units and acquire the best worlds. You can download the rules online from the maker or Board Game Geek if you want to check it out.

well this ties in to the current discussion. I feel like I like deckbuilding as a mechanic, but I've not really enjoyed the exclusively deckbuilding games I've played

I've played a few games of dominion both the base game and with an expansion that I can't remember. it was okay, but I didn't love it. I'm not the biggest fan of coming up with a grand optimized plan so I assumed that was the reason I didn't love it

but I didn't really enjoy ascension either, even though on paper it's the perfect game for me. I was a magic player for a long time, and all the changes from dominion sounded fantastic to me. this one I've only played on the phone app, but the general consensus seems to be that it's the way to go. I liked the idea of the random set of cards to buy from, but in practice it just led to annoying hands where there would be all of one type out to buy/kill and I only had cards to deal with the other type. this seems like it's probably more of a problem with the app due to speed, but I also found myself not caring what the bot did. also I was more interested in realms unraveled and dawn of champions, but only played the base game on the app. not sure if those change things enough that I'd like them

so I've been looking at both arctic scavengers and core worlds. arctic seems neat for the player interaction and theme, while core worlds interests me a bit less, but I've seen tons of praise for it in many different places. any others I should look into? eminent domain?

what's a good, quick, strategy oriented game that i can play online?

Smallworld

Yup, that's pretty much your only option for online board games that fit your criteria. Theres plenty of vidja games that fit though, but Smallworld is really your only boardgame option.

Have you tried some of the newer deck builders? Or perhaps you can try out some of the deck building variants like dice pools or bags of stuff.

Deck builders have come a loooooong way since Dominion. Honestly, dominion is kinda shitty compared to the smoother mechanics of the newer games.

quick correction, I forgot about Armello. Beautiful game that generally takes maybe half an hour to 45 minutes to finish online. It's slightly more random then pure strategy players would enjoy given that you can be completely fucked out of certain wincons depending on cards you draw or luck. The game is still good though, and it usually finds 3 other players to fill out the group reasonably quickly.

It almost feels like a faster mage knight game. Where Mage Knight is a game you can sink your teeth into for several hours, Armello can kind of give you the same appeal in a much faster pace.

Always. I share this hobby with my GF, which is a lazy fuck so I'm the one for reading the rules.
My collection consist of just a few games so far.
None yet. But I'm going to when I get some sleeve boxes at my home.
Not yet, but if I had to I'd check on EOoG site as they have plenty.
Last buy was Zombicide: Black Plague. As the quality is great I kinda see it too easy (without expansions) and one thing that I see now - new fantasy theme kinda killed the 'zombie survivors' mood...
Now I'm looking at Arcadia Quest series games. The basic one one day for sure (maybe Inferno instead) and of Masmorra KS (for the minis) but honestly just because of the KS exclusives... I don't know, should I? Or screw additional heroes and just get the basic game?

Hey Steev, just got out of my monthly TI3 game. Advice worked pretty well!

Got shafted hard in setup, but that really helped to serve a smokescreen because nobody wanted to expand into the empty space or reds around my home system, and I didn't miss any opportunities to bemoan my lack of planets.

Played as Winnu, came back to win with an 8 point turn thanks to Imperial II after losing my home system to the treacherous portal ghost assholes. Seriously though, fuck those guys when the nexus is in play.

Best moment was when I turned the entire table against the Ghosts after they took my home system and scored four points (to six). Just goes to show that you shouldn't burst unless you can burst to win.

Fantastic! Glad it turned out well.

Yeah, the creuss can be pretty dick ass if you've got a solid number of wormholes and especially the nexus around. Strongly recommend changing their cannot-attack-me-through-wormholes rule into creuss-wormholes-are-always-mined.

Eight points though? Damn, that's a serious turn. I think five is my record.

I checked and found I still had some left. They were 65 x 100mm Mayday Premium sleeves and came in a pack of 80. It actually says "for 7 Wonders" on them, picture is evidence.

what are some examples of newer deckbuilders you think are better than dominion? the ones that come to mind are all co-op like mistfall, legendary encounters, and aeon's end. neat games, but quite different from what dominion offers.

>Last buy was Zombicide: Black Plague. As the quality is great I kinda see it too easy (without expansions) and one thing that I see now - new fantasy theme kinda killed the 'zombie survivors' mood...

I'm a bit confused, are you saying you don't like it? I've been considering grabbing it for a while, but the cost makes me hesitant.

Also related, do any of you folks have any knowledge on these artist guest box survivors for Zombicide games? I backed Massive Darkness to fill my casual, dice chucking romp void, and I really like some of the Black Plague artist minis that I'd make character sheets for. I might grab the core game at some point, but are these boxes one print and done in general?

Controlled Mecatol and got the freebie from controlling Mecatol during Imperial II.

Got 3 points for having more influence than either player on both sides combined.

Got a successful invasion vs an enemy ground troop.

Destroyed a space dock for two.

Got to rescore the 1 of each tech objective.

We haven't been playing with space mines, I think next game I'm going to insist on them (Along with Mercenaries, because I love the idea of Mercs) because the mobility this game was crazy. Gravity drives was giving all of my cruisers three movement, so I got to pull off some pretty jank stuff that turn with Stasis Capsules.

We also don't use Shock Troops, but I think I'd like for them to be added as well next time, because it'll be six experienced players.

What's /bgg/'s ideal setup?

Star Realms of Cthulu Realms are both great choices for pure deckbuilders. Star Realms is an extremely streamlined deckbuilder, opting to forgo any fancy abilities for extremely solid gameplay. If you get one, don't get the other though. Neither Cthulu or Star offers enough variety between themselves to warrant having both unless you REALLY like the game.

Mystic Vale is a new deckbuilder that came out this year that features a different style of building. Instead of adding cards to your deck you add enhancements onto one of 3 slots to make your cards better. It plays just like every other deck builder though, but its much easier to fix your odds compared to other pool building style games. If you find yourself disliking the standard gameplay of deckbuilders which usually involves just buying the best card available and moving on Mystic Vale might be for you. Theres an extra layer of thinking and preparation involved when buying enhancements compared to just adding another card to your deck.

You can get somewhat of the same flavour as deckbuilders with any of the Living card games as well. While not entirely the same since you build your deck then play rather then build your deck while you play, its still similar enough to scratch that itch from time to time.

Quarriors, Super Motherload, and Dicemasters aren't exactly deckbuilders, but they are pool builders. They feature the same basic gameplay as deckbuilders just without cards. You're still constantly adding new things to your pool of resources and then using that pool to acquire goods/fight other players. A few minutes after playing and you will immediately recognize the deckbuilding feel just without the cards.

As an addendum to Star/Cthulhu Realms, both have an app that you can try out for free. A key difference between the games and Ascension I think is somehow your deck feels less bloated despite having the same "these cards buy things, these do damage" abilities, as well as the random market. Maybe due to the more frequent triggering of multiple abilities by other cards? Especially in Cthulhu Realms where you basically need other factions in your deck to trigger abilities for another faction.

>What's /bgg/'s ideal setup?
Everything, but I wrote a program for the planet and empty space event tiles because they're so fiddly.

I heard admirals/commanders or whatever they are too fiddly for what they bring to the table. Opinions?

Leaders are a lot less fiddly than mercenaries, just print out a cheat sheet for them because no one is going to remember what they do anyways.

Not really. Some races seem to be balanced around having an admiral, for instance; the Letnev like putting him in their starter dreadnought so it can keep up with the cruisers and destroyers they'll be pumping out. You should homerule spies though, as is they're basically just free sabotages.

House rule spies out? Do they really have that much of an effect?

What strategy cards do you guys prefer?

Also, we haven't been playing with the colony/factory cards and removed the space stations for being OP.

Shattered Ascention strat cards a best.
But damn is that ruleset a lot of work to implement completely, especially with revisions every couple months.

I had looked into star realms, but then I found out ascension was made by some of the same people and remarkably similar and it interested me a little more

I'd never heard of mystic vale, so I'll check that out.

also I downloaded the pc version of ascension, and aside from it being a truly awful port with so many things wrong, I'm enjoying the game a lot more when playing the expansions. I liked making tribal decks when I played magic, and realms unraveled and dawn of champions do a pretty damn good job of scratching that same itch so I might consider that again.

also also, the more I've looked into arctic scavengers the more I want it. it seems like the perfect game for when I have the full group to play with.

Not that often really, I don't buy new games all that often.

The lightest game I own that gets any regular play is Dominant Species, so, pretty heavy collection I suppose.

None.

Yes, though that's mainly because the majority of my games are published by GMT and come with with a bunch of player aids.

No new acquisitions for a while now, but there's like 5-6 things on GMT's P500 I'm interested in.

It says 7 Wonders on them because sleeves didn't exist for that size card before. Hell, nobody made cards in that size. So Mayday had to manufacture a new sleeve exclusively for it.

Thanks for the tips! Veeky Forums seems to be the kinder side of Veeky Forums lol... its nice to get a good reply and the previous threads post redirecting me here.

I actually bought a majority of my games thru people on BGG coz the prices for used games just seem to be unbeatable.

Ive heard of most of those games, cutthroat caverns is actually one of the games im debating over getting.

Does anybody else find the process of getting a new game this difficult?? Lol i feel like i could go on debating it in my head for months before making an ultimate, semi arbitrary, decision... bleh maybe i need some gamer friends ...

Im pretty much set on getting dungeon fighter and libertalia, wuth cutthroat caverns being strongly considered... i can afford, and would like, to get a few more games...

Anybody got an opinion on cutthroat caverns?
Suggestions on any other games?

Id like a game with the traitor mechanic, not as streamlined as resistance but something more like shadows over camelot.

Im aware of :
Shadows over camelot, battlestar galactica, dead of winter, saboteur, and shadow hunters.

What am i missing? What are your opinions on these games?

Ive also just heard about dark moon but dont know anything about it. Gonna check out a review after posting this.

>Here's what i already own:
Dungeon twister card game, Cards against humanity, Onitama, Cosmic encounter, Munchkin deluxe, King of tokyo, Dixit, Dominion, Descent 2.0, Level 7 omefa protocol

>Here's a short list of some games im interested in getting:

Mascarade (i like that its light and up to 13 players)
Tales of the arabian nights
Smallworld
Battlecon

The long list is a little over 100 games lol... i have a problem...

The direction im geading currently is
arabian nights
dungeon fighter
Cutthroat caverns
Mascarade
Libertalia

Dark moon looks fantastic.

Nothing personal also looks good

I wasn't being mocking, just giving more info for you to find them.

Anyone here tried expansions to Cyclades? My group is in love with base game and im interested in trying them out.

Hades is garbage, the rest range from okay to great.
Hades does everything every other god does, better.

Aight, will keep that in mind. How well does it play with 6 players?

where can I find scans of board games that I can print out and play?Im looking for either catan,or sushi go.thanks a lot lads.

I don't know that there are 'print-n-play' scans for either of those. Catan maybe, but Sushi Go seems a lot less likely. There's a print-n-play version of 'The Duke' from the game maker. You can snag it right off of their site.

Well, i like it but in first 3 zombicide editions you can feel like a modern, scared survivor, that found himself in a bad place at a bad time, you feel that zombies are comming for you. In black plague i felt the opposite, as a hero that came to the cuty to slain zombies.
Lots of cards, some pretty op weapons. Elf character shooting 3 times, hut on 3+, +1 to range action roll and a reroll because of 'plentifull of arrows'.
Necromancer is not a big threat, out of 8 games we lost twice, both times because of 4 new players that we gave free hand to do whatever they want.

I do know that expansions like 3 new crazy abominations or deadeye walkers make this game a lot harder but i was only judging the core game and thats always few more bucks you have to spare.

net necessarily 'print and play' just high quality scans of said board games.i can edit them and retouch them to look decent and stuff like that.

any idea where to get that?if someone here has scans of board games,could you share please?

Russkies being russkies don't give a fuck about copyright, Google a bit, you should be able to find some scans in a Russian PnP forum.

im not russian,just a poor canadian.

Thanks, I'm the one that was asking about them in the previous thread. My are Ultra Pros and seem to have 2 - 3 mm of excess above the end of the card that prevent them from fitting back into the plastic trays. I could probably trim them, but I'm much more likely to simply create a new foam-core tray so that I can get everything into the core box. Thanks for the checking that for me - it's interesting that the Mayday sleeves fit so much better than the Ultra Pro sleeves.

That wasn't me. I'm not sure what that user's problem was, but I appreciate your efforts.

>Does anybody else find the process of getting a new game this difficult??

Oh no, the process of getting new games isn't difficult. The problem is resisting the urge to buy ALL of them. You learn to start checking out game play videos to see if you'll like the game play before buying and/or deciding if it will be a good fit with your regular gaming group(s).

> Owns 9 games..
> Wants a little over 100 games
> Thinks he has a problem...

Heh! I've got about 140 games in my collection with about 120+ expansions on top of that. And at any given time I've got 25 - 35 items in my 'wish list'. Welcome to the addiction. (And for the record we have users who post much later collections than mine on here.)

We rarely play with new peple but from time to time we play games that one person in our group hasn't played before. Half the time I'm the one explaining it.
L #####
M ######
H ####
100%
I print out player aids, it's mostly rule condensations + relevant stats.
Bought every expansion to Imperial Settlers recently, having a fun time hoping the Aztec expansion will be worth it.

Cutthroat Caverns is alright. It's not a game I'd play more than once in a blue moon because it takes way too long to finish a game and suffers from Munchkin's "2nd or 3rd place have the best chance of winning"
I'd just get Shadow Hunters over it, even if they don't really share a similar niche.

>Cutthroat caverns
Tried once, didnt like it so much. I heard the new bloodborne card game is pretty much a "better version" of it basically. Check out some reviews.

>Dungeon Fighter
If you want a dexterity game with a dungeon crawling flavor, I'd go with Catacombs personally. Dungeon Fighter is a bit of a mess.

Smallworld is a fine game, I wish darkmoon was available in french because it looks great, arabian nights is random as fuck but can be fun if you just enjoy the storytelling, Libertalia is fine, but a bit too abstract for my tastes, got rid of it after a couple plays. Not my style actually.

Here's my two cents.

Btw dont sweat about the 100+ games wishlist, I currently own just short of 200