Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Scorpio Edition
Can't use Hydra imagery without being the Alpha Legion Sub-Edition
FW has said they're not doing xenos in the HH so please don't ask. We'd helped a SAfag and an user wanting to pick a legion, the Fists can't use Tartaros pattern apparently, we talked about what got us liking our legions and non-marine forces and why based Zso Sahaal isn't a thing anymore, Primarch relationships were discussed and much more in the last thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AR4vuyU-GWw
youtube.com/watch?v=yPHeW7MLBbw
youtube.com/watch?v=rjagObe8-RY
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
regimental-standard.com/2016/06/01/siege-warfare-101-attacking/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Music time! I found the theme perfect for when a Warlord or Imperator Titan starts killing.
youtube.com/watch?v=AR4vuyU-GWw

It says Legion Terminators (squads) and Termie ICs can buy stormshields for a cost when wearing standard termie armour or cheaper when wearing Cataphractii.
So...can Command Squads use them? As in, are they defined as "Legion Terminators" too?

RAW, no. RAI, quite possibly.

That's beautiful user

30k: Gentleman's agreement, The Game.

Technically 40k's supposed to work like this too...in theory.

Picture it, user.
>be Imperial Army trooper
>wage on war on an alien world that wronged you before
>Vengance doesn't come in the form of marines
>it comes in the form of the God Engines of Mars
>Warlords and Imperators smash away the alien monsters

You're most likely to be playing 30k at someone's house instead of a store so they're probably your friend instead of a rando. Plus, 30k is generally more balanced. Thus it's less of an issue.

I was thinking more along the lines of:
youtube.com/watch?v=yPHeW7MLBbw

or maybe:
youtube.com/watch?v=rjagObe8-RY

Eh, the Dark Ages theme fits better than the other one. Shockwave's Revenge should be the theme for when you made the fight personal to the Titan. Lord only knows what it takes to anger the Titan community.

>Remove everything but space marines

Game is bound to be balanced if you only have one team to pick from. Don't get me wrong, I love 30k, but the whole balance part is pretty self explanatory.

One to decimate the enemy, one to decimate your own

How come people forget Mechanicum/SA/Knights/IM+C all exist in 30k?

Because marines played too big of a part in the Age of Darkness I suppose.

>reading After De'shea

Oh god I'm actually tearing up a bit right now

Read betrayer, you can be friends with both angron and Magnus and only get punched in the face once

Because people don't buy the FW campaign books anymore. They only buy the red books and so never learn about all the other stuff going on during the Heresy.

They're a pretty small slice of the playerbase from my experience, but I think saying the non-Marine factions have been well balanced is a lie. For a long time Mechanicum was quite overpowered but they've been nerfed into a good place now. Knight lists have the same balance problems as in 40k, where large parts of non-tailored lists become useless. SA and IM+C lists that spam infantry are still actually quite powerful against all-comers Marine lists.

Did the Iron Warriors have a name before they were the Iron Warriors? The World Eaters were the War Hounds before meeting their primarch. The Word Bearers were the Imperial Heralds and the Death Guard were the Dusk Raiders, for example.

They were unofficially called the 'Corpse Grinders' by other legions.

They did not. They were just the IVth Legion.

That said, Imperial Army units that served alongside them called them Corpse Grinders behind their backs, but use of this name was grounds for punishment, even before Perturabo took over.

But tartaros wasn't a thing till the FAQ, so I would wait for an actual official FAQ to clear the tartaros and storm shield problem.

Cataphracti looks superior anyway. Quit being a pussy, start wearing cataphracti now.

Quick! Take a model from any of GW/FW's mini ranges and stat it out using any of the 30k army lists!

For example:

Wight King w/Baleful Tomb Blade, 175 Points.
Force Commander Statline
Wargear:
Master-Crafted Tainted Weapon
Hand Flamer
Melta Bombs
Digital Lasers
Cyber Familiar
Power Armor
Iron Halo
Provenances:
Cult Horde
Tainted Flesh

His wargear is represented by the Warp's Taint/Daemonic Witch Powers, as well as being a master swordsman.

An army list involving him would undoubtedly use GW's Chaos Warriors range and their statlines would be Levy Squads that replace their auxilia rifles and pistols for extra melee weapons, seeing as they'll have BS1 in this army.

Now, do servo arms make taking an independent weapon pointless?

Should my Warsmiths use his servo arm as his Killy melee weapon? Also, what is the profile of a servo arm? It's a thunder hammer -concussive right?

I can never remember if Corpse Grinders was before or after Perturabo.

It was both, the early adage was more impactful because after Perturabo took to reforming his Legion the term became insufficient for the paradigm of mass theatre warfare they came to represent.

No, No and try reading the rules.

>not being friends with attached Imperial Army units

Muh manliness

Just soup up MKIII even more.

The Caestus is fucking huge. Not sure how you bastards manage to build it with the standard flyer base.

Was three rods really necessary?

Necessary? Probably not. But if there were three towers instead of two, 9/11 wouldn't have been successful is all I'm saying.

>Quit being a pussy, start wearing cataphracti now
This. Feels like a Terminator corps recruitment ad or something.
>But tartaros wasn't a thing till the FAQ
We have the issue of this sentence surviving the Adeptus Astartes re-print combined with "Is this yet another FW editorial fuckup?"
Short answer: Don't know, it's funny, ask your opponent.

It was after Perty taught them to treat lives as ammunition.
Perturabo wasn't the best teacher, and I tend to obviate things as well, but I feel he should have made it clear that one should never be afraid of spending lives, yet also be aware wasting them needlessly is a crime worse than dereliction of duty.
More akin to "no marine may die without first killing at least 100 non-compliants" rather than making an assault ramp out of their own corpses or something.
It would have been nice if Perturabo had been schooled by one of his fellow Primarchs, rather than been left to his own devices after hanging with "I can't believe he's such a bad parent"® Emperor.

Coming back to the whole Corpsegrinders nickname, I find it weird they put it in the Prior Cognomens box even though it's explained as being caused by Perturabo's new direction, but maybe they needed to mention it somewhere.

If anything, the pre-Primarch IVth was seen as stubborn normies (p.106).

Please, start painting them yellow. I mean, your army is at least tabletop acceptable, but your IFs look like IWs and it's horrible.

I told you, go buy the Iron Warriors transfers already, Knight user.

"Operating in the role of heavy infantry, the Astartes of the XIVth Legion were experts at survival and endurance, and quickly gained a reputation among the other newly-forged Legions as relentless and disciplined fighters. In defence they were stubborn and indefatigable, able to stand unwaveringly against the heaviest fire and hold their position against all comers to the last living body and bolter round if needed. In attack they systematically destroyed a given target, crashing upon an enemy in wave after wave of armoured bodies, excelling in close range fire-fights and bloody attrition."

It isn't strictly 30k related, familia, the Lord Inquisitor: Prologue is out.

>self deceit
Ultramarines, alphas and dark angels?
>lack of disciplines
World eaters
>false mysticism
WB and TS
>vanity
EC.

Is there any one Perturabo actually liked? Was he always an asshole or was he turned into one?

No he is knight user, his fists do not have time to paint their armour, they are not fulgrims faggots, as that time is better spent making more bolter rounds and firing them at the enemy
Also they had that scheme at one point in the great crusade

Pertuabo bonded with the war hounds commander, but angron kinda killed him

He and Magnus were best friends. He liked Horus until he found out that he was the only one he made swear an oath.

He was friends with Magnus.
> Was he always an asshole or was he turned into one?
Perturabo was paranoid because of his Eye of Terror sense, and his upbringing surely didn't make him likable. He was so paranoid that he kept digging himself into a hole where he became the Iron Tyrant we know and love. He and his children fell victim to stereotypes and made it become reality.

This matters not. The GC IF scheme has one yellow shoulder and arm. This is an IW scheme.

I know who he is and the story behind the (lack of) colour, he's just a pussy that's afraid to improve painting skills. As I said, he has them painted, which is more than I could say, but the least he could do is paint them black with yellow.
Some of them did before Rogal Dorn was found.
And bare ceramite is gray, not silver, and everytime he posts a pic >I love your IW comments are incoming.

>>Self deceit
Not Ultras nor DA either. In fact, the Lion says the key of victory is to have the enemy's valuable assets within range of your big guns. Perturabo would completely agree with that, as would Ferrus.
>>Lack of Disciplines
>World Eaters
You mean their Sworn Brothers? :^)
Maybe it'd be the SW and WS
>Is there any one Perturabo actually liked?
Not even himself, I'd say.
"Whoops! I guess we can only become better friends after your reverse-decimation of your guys! Magnus is my friend too but he's a Distrusted Nerd, right? :^) "

What's odd is that there's conflicts between the bare color of ceramite.

The IW have their armor unpainted, save for the chevrons, yet it is metal. The Death Guard have their armor unpainted, yet it is grey/off white. The Grey Knights/Knights Errant have their armor unpainted, yet it is also metal.

>You mean their Sworn Brothers? :^)
>"Whoops! I guess we can only become better friends after your reverse-decimation of your guys! Magnus is my friend too but he's a Distrusted Nerd, right? :^) "
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>they are not fulgrims faggots, as that time is better spent making more bolter rounds and firing them at the enemy
I'm certain that's what IWs would say.
I like his paint scheme, even if it's not the best it could be :^)
Besides, Iron Fists were also the first homebrew chapter colours I made in Retribution and Space Marine.

Did someone say Iron Fists?

>tfw reprimanded for being too paranoid about running out of ammunition during zone mortalis actions

I wanted to ask this in the previous thread, but I assumed it was only my autism.
Are the Death Guard "unpainted ceramite" or outright "dirty white"?
I hear "Ceramite" and think of actual bathtub white ceramic and white walls (plaster), but this guy is....mithril silver coloured?
It looks like veeeery shiny polished BARE metal, UNLIKE the DGs from HH1, but akin to that HH4's DG Despoiler.

>What's odd is that there's conflicts between the bare color of ceramite.
There's no conflict but the one on the paintjobs. It's always been gray. Pic related.

Death Guard are stated to be bare ceramite as they leave their armor unpainted by order of Mortarion, save for their heraldry.

>he's just a pussy that's afraid to improve painting skills
fair enough
>he has them painted, which is more than I could say
only anons with painted armies can call me a pussy. but yeah the IW comments suck. I'll see what I can do to fist them up because honestly I hate artillery and the IW legion rules so I'd rather stay a Fist

No iron warriors would say
>why would I spend time painting my armour when I could be testing how much ammunition the enemy machine guns have left

Silly user, the ones testing how many ammo the enemy has are those puny mortals! That's what mortals are for :^)
regimental-standard.com/2016/06/01/siege-warfare-101-attacking/

Why didn't you do them black & gold, out of interest? I feel it would have looked more IF than the gunmetal colour, but gold shoulders etc. been easier than the yellow.

I'm not trying to offend you, but if I remember it right, you gave up after trying one recipe, and I've never posted something IW-related. Give it another shot, paint one at a time, yellow is definitely a hard colour, but once you get it I'm sure your army'll be to your pride, as the Fists should.

first army I painted was grey knights, so I felt more comfortable working with silver. I was torn between scrapping the whole imperial fists thing and going iron hands since silver + washes + highlights sounded more my ability as a beginner, but I found pic related and a bolter and chainsword guy who did his fists as gold instead of yellow, so I combined the two ideas. I honestly like the result which is why I keep posting pictures of my army and why I haven't tried any other scheme since then. plus the way I fluffed their background opens up knights and mechanicum allies on mars perfectly.

>munitions reserves estimated to exceed that of several other Legions combined.
Stay bitter and paranoid, IW

There's nothing wrong with your color scheme, KA. The only problem with it is that they are, without having to be expalined, Iron Warriors. It's too similar to . What you should have done was make the entire right arm gold instead of the shoulders.

You do know that marines have serfs to paint their armour though, right? Your background has some merit, but they'd eventually get rotated out of action for 6-12 hours every now and then, and then the serfs couldn't help it. Be that serf, user. Serve the Legion, the Primarch and the Emperor.

>munitions reserves estimated to exceed that of several other Legions combined.
Truly, the American way.

I always thought that we survived decimation because our Grand Battalion was simply too far away to make muster.

To be honest, I'm just now starting to read the campaign books and I fully intend on skipping the militia/auxillia stuff. Just don't really care about them.

Kek. Iron Warriors truly are Americans, aren't they?

>Terrans were recruited from what used to be America
>Have a whole lot of ammo. Ridiculous stockpiles of it.
>Be paranoid regarding everything. Especially your ammo.
>If you can't kill it, call in an airstrike and/or bombard it with an artillery barrage.
>If that doesn't work, keep doing it until it does.
>Everyone else sucks. Especially our friends. They suck extra.
>Biggest legion too! If you don't count the attrition rate, of course.

I thought it was hilarious how the only guy who got decimated in that thread was an Alpha Legion spy.

Do Iron Warriors have Seeker Squads?

Yeah but, this is the battle or shortly post battle Mars, the traitors are at the gates, the serfs sans pilots have probably been inducted into the army and have been tasked with scavenging metal to make claymores with. Or just got rid of because they didn't have the food to keep them ala attack on Titan

>Extra Paranoid
>Huge ammo stockpiles
>Dig trenches
>Do what you can with what you have -- Preppers.
>Prepared to survive without resupplies.
Are you saying the Iron Warriors...are the /k/-marines?
Truly, a magical legion.

Wait. The IV legion is both /k/ AND Veeky Forums!?

It was at this moment that I knew they were my one and only legion.

Hand me a Power Shovel.

START DIGGING

>Power Shovel
Where do they discuss it?

Mars happened rather early in the Heresy, they had it contained until Horus arrived to relieve it.
Whatever, they are your dudes in the end, but like the other user suggested, you may want to paint the whole arm gold/yellow instead of the dull bronze on the shoulder.

Can someone photoshop shovel knight into IW colours

Join us brother in our bare metal
Together we shall charge and rip down their ugly walls

>Did [legion] have [non-legion specific unit]?
Yes, the answer is always yes. Death Guard even had some speeders.

So what does the firewing do again?

They're Salamanders with monk hoods.

Veeky Forums likes to say that they use flame weapons but in reality there's no fluff on them so anything you hear is people guessing or making stuff up.

Death Guard are bright white and green that is dirty and corroded due to heavy and prolonged exposure to radiation and toxicity and long campaigns on field

But ceramite is light grey, not white or bone white

Death Guard is eroded white and green

I won't scatter your cortex to the heartless void. I will always be with you, ride the Ironfire with me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all iron...We are Beep Boops.

How many imperial credits would that shoulderpad cost?

Is that a thing Rogue Trades trade?

Every legion has every non-unique unit, save for Alpha Legion wich can also have other legion's unique units

Alpha Legion Deathshroud and Justaerin

Semi-relevant

The prologue is up and its good:

I think of it as whatever additives they use in their ceramite make it more of a warm white than a cold grey. When I went to that pic for reference I thought it was a bit too shiny as well and so am going with the same scheme the line troopers use.

There is not a standard currency within the Imperium. There are regional, planetary, cluster, sub-sector, and if you're really lucky, sector-wide currencies. These are everything from letters of credit, to valuable minerals, to more time added on to your personal "debt clock." Money changing is alive and well in the Imperium.

It is good for the number of people who worked on it and budget they had to do it.

Yes. It's made pretty clear that Legions are stocked with, and can (and will) field, any generic unit or item of wargear. Some just prefer not to if they don't desperately have to. For example, Raven Guard have their own super heavy tanks and artillery if they really really need to use it, but it would only be because there's no alternative with their immediate tactica (and nobody available can fill that niche which they need).

Likewise, the Iron Warriors definitely had Seeker Squads trained and ready, most likely pulling such as double duty apart from other roles (Tactical, Havoc etc). Death Guard had Land Speeders and fast-flying aircraft, White Scars had some Dreads, the one exception I really doubt existed were Destroyers in the Salamanders.

Either that or just the barest of primer coat on the plates as they roll off the line.

I though White Scars were morally opposed to being encased in a dread rather than just not using them often because they don't go fast.

>Ceramite is light grey
>But Death Guard are white
So, their armour has the same colour as plaster? The DG in the right looks more metalic, akin to polished aluminium after a while.

yes, ceramite is light-grey in color, like Word Bearers grey.

Death guard is dirty white