Special snowflakes and how to handle them

I posted this in another thread but it devolved into name calling and way off topic.

my currents Pokemon Trainers United party (Im a PC and the GM has 2 groups). We're fighting a underground war against the Rockets in a alternative time line where the Rockets took over Johto and Kanto. Nearly everybody is a fucking special snowflake besides the original members from the first game

Group 1:
> Goddess in human form that can resurrect dead pokemon fossils
>Time Traveling guy from the future
>Angry school kid that was captured by the rockets but let go after the party abandoned him to escape. SOMEHOW "acquired" powers to talk to pokemon
>Orange Island born guy who likes to throw Rockets into volcanoes
> Pokemon trainer who literally can not shut up about how awesome he is all the time at crafting shit (hates my group with a passion)

my group:
> Bard school kid that was accused of murder of his professor (plot in game 1, we didnt do it) and went underground with the resistance
> Mute school kid that was with the group accused of murder. went underground with the bard. Has backstory for telepathic powers
> Some country hick from a no name town. Joined us on our journey. pretty cool fellow
> Merc for hire that the resistance gave us. Power gamer to the max.

There are two pokemon rpgs right? Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of each?

Your group sounds awful user, but you're not the GM so your only two options is to leave or deal with it. Honestly, besides the merc it sound like you don't have to deal the other peoples' shit, so just tell us stories until we understand your pain.

Adventures is a cluster fuck of bullshit that half the dev team ran away from to make the much better United.

That's really it its like Fatal compared to D&D with Pokemon and not anal circumference.

well if you can guess what character is mine it be good for the lols but honestly heres a story of a cross over we did one time.

Our GM has since said he will never do a cross over again

>Our group finds a secret tunnel in Mt Moon to the other groups resistance base
> other group gets pissed that we found their OPEN TUNNEL in Mt. Moon and went down it.
> youdidntevenbothertohideit.jpeg
> Treat our characters like shit
> Pokemon trainer cant stop talking about how much we suck compared to them
>Goddesss's pokemon team is literally all Gen 3 pokemon (when the GM said it was only Gen 1 and 2 pokemon, later found out she bitched until it happened)
>Time traveler guy fucking makes me lose my pokemon because he cant be bothers to put it back in the ball after we get ambushed by Rockets.
>Orange island guy is bragging about how awesome he is for throwing guys into the volcano
> Angry school kid tells us to fuck off and hes leaving us for the other group because they have a goddess on their team

TFW when our group leaves and agrees the other group is a bunch of fuck-tards

Okay, sure, but can you give examples of the bullshit in Adventures that the United devs were running from? Mostly just curious.

PTU is the most crunchy game I have ever ran, and the scars are still fresh on my psyche. PTU is a simplified version of PTA.

No one should have to go through dumb shit. But as someone who likes Pokemon it is a giant magnet for turbo autism, so really you picked the wrong game for people to not be super special snowflakes

I don't understand the part about time traveller guy. He was controlling your pokémon?

whoops, left name on from /gob/ thread

We all got sucked into a portal where the pokemon gods (Legendary pokemon are "gods" in this universe) wanted to watch us duel for their amusement.

Well it just so happens that at the same time we were dealing with that, the rockets had attacked. This meant that we all got sucked into the portals and dropped off different places. Time traveler guy and I ended up in a grave yard (harry potter style) and we ended up dueling the rockets until they surrendered. It was then that our two pokemon turned on us (via the gods) and started to attack us.

We used our tier 2 pokemon to duel the mind controlled pokemon but it wasnt going well. At this point I went to bed (early morning shift the next morning). I told the GM and the guy "Capture back my pokemon, i am giving you the pokeball it was in" and left.

>Next session starts up
> Oh yeah user you dont have your pokemon anymore, Time traveler guy just ran away and found a portal to escape through with your character after you left
> Well GM did he get his pokemon back?
> Yeah of course he did, he defeated it and recalled it
> and....he didnt get mine?
> nobody thought about it sorry user

>MFW

Just drop the game user, GM and group sounds like shit.

I like PTU a lot, but it attracts some truly terrible GMs and players. Sounds like that's what happened to you.

>GM and group and game sounds like shit
Fixed that for you.

But I like PTU, my autism and it mesh well.

>PTU attracts autists and faggots
>OP complains about autists and faggots on his PTU campaign.
>OP is a faggot
Can't have one without the others.

>Liking Pokemon
>Not being autistic
Choose 1

What about the faggotry?

That is gonna happen in any system. Cut the fags and find another group without them.

Trainers and Pokémon had basically entire different rulesets.
Trainer Classes were *horribly* imbalanced.
Some other minor things, like rating each pokémon's Intelligence, which would never come up in a regular campaign and is super restrictive and kinda shitty in a Mystery Dungeon campaign.

That's all I can think of, but I'm pretty sure there are more.

so has anyone actually played this besides OP?

We have had like 4 threads for the system in the past week with people talking about playing and running it.

Everyone has tried to run it, everyone gets tired of it after a few sessions, be it because the system is a convoluted set of rules over another convoluted set of rules and patches of faulty mechanics, or because it attracts the same autists, faggots and speshul snowflakes that OP is complaining about.

I have 2 games going on, one playing and one running. One is 10 sessions in and the other 12, both going strong.

>Implying 10-12 sessions is something to be proud of
I suppose that by PTU standards that's a lifetime.

Also, how much of the session goes only on combat?

Well sorry I didn't find the system earlier Mr.Ass Blasted. None go only on combat because the GMs aren't bad and the players aren't illiterate.

Lol, it does attract autists and faggots indeed.

Then you should love it.

I'm not an autist, I don't even like pokemon, much less ptu

Well no fucking wonder you don't like the system. Not to say it is a good one, but not liking Pokemon is kind of a big deal for it.

I do believe you've been hooked.

I was just pretending!

what's with all this gods and telepathy bullshit?

why isn't a pokemon rpg just the pokemon anime but with a half-decent story?

the fuck are you people doing

>Half-decent story
>Playing PTU

Pick one.
Have you read PTA or PTU? they are some of the most dry and flavorless systems I've ever read. There's only mechanics and math, the little flavor there is is pure unadulterated autism.

That's why you can't have a decent campaign using PTA or PTU, people manage to advance their games salvaging whatever scraps of playability the systems offer, and using crutches like spreadsheets and programs to do all the tedious work for them and they keep deluding themselves that it is all right and that those are the best systems they can hope for.

If it really were like that, we wouldn't have the weekly "I wanna make my own pokemon rpg because I don't like PTU" thread.

Just look at how many shitty and overly edgy D&D campaigns there are. Bad plots happen in any system.

Systems don't make the story.

OP's game sounds dumb as shit. That being said Legendaries as Gods can work but works better as cosmic forces than Greek mythologyesque drama crap.

I ran a PTU game based on both the cyberpunk source and the legendry source which involved the main players investigating cults while being the semi-corrupt admins of a big city league. The fluff in those books are pretty good. But the system is super shit and quickly devolves into spending ages on excel to design one encounter. Good players can elevate a game but only so far

Copy / Pasting moves does kill prep.