Is this any good?

Is this any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48957602/#48957787
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not bad, though it's more of an interactive RPG and it can be very fuzzy at times who the players and storyteller are as the players are expected to do some of the work. If your group is into that it can be a lot of fun.

The fluff seems cool but the combat isn't my cup of tea.

It's good.

The one thing that really gets my goose is Magic Types scaling better than everyone else. They make better use of MP than anyone else AND get better options as they level. Attack Types and Skill Types... don't.

Fucking gay. And you're basically pigeonholed into being a Magic Type once you get your second Type.

Yes.

Can someone give a brief description of how the combat works?

Your guys are on one side of the field, and the bad guys are on the other.

Each side also has a front and back row, with the back row only being able to be targeted by spells and ranged weapons until the front row is gone.

Everyone also gets to describe 5 or more objects that are on the battlefield. If the players describe how an object helps them attack, they get a bonus to hit.

So Final Fantasy with Fate aspects?

Interesting.

If you fucking love counting and recounting all your gear, rations, and necessities to ensure you have everything while staying unencumbered, this is the game for you. An accountant's dream.

This is a Ryuutama thread, not 3.PF.

I don't know why you think your joke was funny.
Do you have brain damage?

That's what I was going to ask you, but I felt it would be too insensitive.

Hi 3aboo.

Still mad about getting BTFO'd in the last Ryuutama thread?

Resource management has been a staple of RPGs since literally the very first RPG ever.

What, what really? Been a shitty day, and I could use a good BTFO to laugh at. Link please?

need a good party though

My players complained about that at first but seemed to get into it fairly quickly.

If I were doing it meatspace I might be tempted to have cards or something with tokens for items, so you'd have a barrel that you could physically put things on so everything's laid out nicely.

Really didn't seem too bad though, most things are low numbers and easy math.

Unfortunately, I cannot find it.

I know that it had ryuutama as the thread picture but I can't remember anything else beyond that and the 3aboo getting BTFO'd

Shame. Thanks for checking.

It could use a few tweaks, but it's an excellent way to introduce new players into the idea of a tabletop roleplaying game. Just the other day, I ran a game for a player of mine and his wife because the wife wanted to figure out what all six of us did in her kitchen every Saturday morning. It was her first time playing a roleplaying game outside of videogames and it worked awesomely.

Have a few complaints like mentioned. The system could use a bit of tinkering with and more options to play with if you're dealing with experienced players and GM, as I've not played a lot of it for a while because of the fact that the options are pretty darn simple. It could easily be expanded if the GM and players want to put a bit of work into it.

Awww shit nigga, I think I found it.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48957602/#48957787

I've been in a game of it for almost a year and we still haven't entered combat.
It's pretty great.

Yup, that's the one.

Did anyone ever figure out what ETBA means?

Also, how do we know he was a 3aboo and not talking about other editions? Is it because he mentioned Eberron?

Eternally Triggered Bitch user

Basically, it's like the bat signal that announces that the 3aboo encountered a post that triggered him.

Also, keep in mind, he's been doing this shit for the last few weeks.

Early on in the back-and-forth, the 3aboo refers to the other guy as Eternally Triggered Bitch user.
I'm willing to bet that's what it means.

>ETBA
It's some copout implying there's only one person on Veeky Forums who doesn't like 3.PF.

Oh look, it's eternally triggered bitch-user.

It means sage and report whoever uses it.

It needs to be fucking filtered already.

It just means that there's eternally triggered bitches who will be eternally triggered, because people will never stop discussing the system they hate, regardless of how much they bitch about it.

Thank you for being an example.

Please fucking end yourself for perpetuating this fucking cancer.

If you're going to be eternally triggered by the idea that people like a system you hate, it is you who perpetuates it.

Sage and report, don't reply. He wants attention, that's why he goes into threads and shits on the floor.

That not true y played the magic type and they have a lot of not so obvius limitations.
First thwe have to split stats gains between hp and mp
Also if someones fails a check camp they are pretty much fucked
.another thing is that spell resistance of the average monster is pretty good.
Speel dmg also is smaller than weapon dmg unless you do an area spell that due to system limitations arent so well. Spell are strong but arent for combat and hou can run out of juice for days if you are lost in a difficult terrain.