Is this too magical reamly of an idea to implement?

Is this too magical reamly of an idea to implement?

>> alchemist/wizard creates hybrid organisms in laboratory from various monsters and creatures, growing them from scratch
>> suffers demise
>> locals are terrified of the dead lunatic's creations
>> one of the sapient specimens is eager to be liked by townspeople

>>this specimen finds injured human adventurer seperated from his party
>> it tends his wounds while he's unconsious

>> the creature comes up with a plan
>> it asks him to fertilize it so it can get half-human baby that will endear the townspeople to it

>> it doesn't have much expierence with humans but it knows humans absolutely love human babies
>> it's firmly convinced that if it just pops out a human looking baby the humans will accept it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tLGGutTEbIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Extremely gross and you know it.
You're basically taking Frankenstein into /d/ territory. What you should do instead is have the hideous chimera want to learn more about civilized life but currently unable to interact with it without traumatizing the townspeople.
It hides during the day and observes people, but so far it has skewed ideas of what people and civilization is really like.
The pregnancy thing is really disturbing but the idea that the monster thinks that possessing a child would make people more sympathetic is good.
They might eventually abduct a kid or adopt an orphan who might not be so repulsed by their new guardian. But this would enrage the townsfolk who now think everyone is in danger to the creature.
Unless someone teaches the monster how to be a part of society, it will continue to accidentally terrorize people and be villainized.

I dunno. On a related note, the setting I'm working up has a hive mind insectoid race that spawns roughly humanoid autonomous forms for diplomacy and trading with other races. Do you think it would be more appropriate for them to be kind of standoffish and alien or would it be more impactful for them to look and act exaggeratedly like other races?

Exaggeration is best.

HELLO HU-MANZZZZ! WE REQUIIIIIRE NUTRIENTZZZZ!

If you don't think thats magical realm then you're autistic.

I never really got why Aranea weren't more widespread and integrated into human society.

They can permanently change shape to look human, have slightly above human baseline intelligence and force of personality, and are all inherently magical enough to count as 5th level sorcerers once fully matured. Even if we assume that somehow humans have them beat on the whole reproduction speed thing (because somehow we outpace spiders that lay egg sacks) they've still got all the tools to peacefully integrate into any humanoid group and become a valued piece of that tribe/town/society/kingdom etc.

At the same time, they're not so mighty (looking at you, dragons) that they can just up and say 'fuck it' and try to rule outright through force or fear, and thus have an incentive to play nice. Both sides benefit and it could easily explain the presence of magic within human societies. Even the whole spider thing isn't huge, given that they can look human, and half-elves prove that if it's pretty then humans will get along with it.

The innate magic, the utility of the webs and seeing in the dark, having a human industrial/economic/agricultural base to draw from, the utterly cute mental image of a baby Aranea sitting on his human friends head, spider haters being referred to as 'muffets', there's just a lot of potential here and I'm a little sad I'll only see it explored in games that I run.

Up until the fertilize thing is cool, then it gets bad.
Of course if your group doesn't go on Veeky Forums it might work because they'll think it's just disturbing and not creepy fetish
I think if it didn't require a human to fucking fuck it then it'd be fine and I'd be happy
infact I'm going to rip it off and have a none weird version of it

Edward Scissorhands it OP. I mean right up till you started talking about inter-species breeding that's was the most similar scenario I could think of.

do like this, but instead of adopting an orphan or kidnapping one and inviting an angry mob... maybe theres a young girl in the area that is the cliche Rebellious Tomboy. On a dare from her peers she takes off alone to explore the abandoned labs of the crazy old wiz. upon meeting the specimen she reacts with wonder instead of horror. one girl cant remove the locals fears overnight but its a start.

Bonus points if the gal is actually the only child of the Mayor/Lord.

OP here.

I admit this thread was a partially bait excuse to later pose a question:

Why does interspecies hybridization between humans and monstrous creatures, with the monster being the female one, seem less common?

Because monsters just like to fuck human women padre.

That's how it's always been.

I could do the whole 'men are more visual women are more emotional, spreading seed vrs raising children etc etc' gender thing, but nah.

If a man goes off and fucks a monster that has a kid, the monsters got the kid and they're off in the woods being monsters, no harm no foul, just be ready to be called Johnny troll-fucker for the rest of your life.
If a woman goes off and gets knocked up by a monster, all of the sudden it's her family/villages concern because that's another mouth to feed and resources used up for something that isn't really one of them, and might turn on them once it grows up due to monster. It also takes her out of the pool of prospective wives and male dominated society blah blah gender rolls blah blah women as property etc etc.

Probably because the common perception of how things work is that a) monsters and humans don't have consensual sex, b) monsters rape humans, and c) men rape women, leaving one possible intersection of possibilities, where male monsters rape human women to make fucked up babies.

You shouldn't so willfully ignore the many kinds of female monsters that prey on men or children.
You should never create bastards, even if the mother is a monster. It didn't work out for Beowolf now did it?

Wait, was Beowolf Grendel's dad.

Because men are harder to rape. In the sense of fertilizing an egg, getting a man to do that with a monster would be almost impossible without the man's consent, which would be rarer than rare.

I don't see many stories about women doing that kind of stuff on purpose unless they are fetishists or being raped.

Also a dick is a dick most of the time. A hole is not always such.

No, but he did bang Grendel's mom afterwards and she sired a dragon from Beowolf's seed.

Men are heavier and meaner than women and children are only any good for eating.

Go play corruption of champions or summat.

In the same way eggs are the father of cakes.

I thought that only happened in the crappy movie, not the actual story? Last time I checked he swam down there and throttled the cunt without any bastards being spawned.

No, he killed Grendel's mom because she was on a vengeance streak for the death of her son. The dragon was off somewhere asleep until much later when a slave went and stole a goblet and woke it up.

Pretty sure the eggs are the mothers of the cake. The oil is the father. The self-rising flour is the creepy uncle who likes to watch.

Ah, you are correct. I haven't read the original story in quite awhile and I guess the movie and the poem had blended together.
Yeah, my mistake.

This seems like the bit they're thinking about is from the movie with Angelia Jolie's cgi gold plated tatas. I seem to recall something about at the end when Beowulf is on his funeral pyre she shows up and takes him back to her lair or some crap.

Paternal or Maternal Uncle?

both

>taking Frankenstein into /d/ territory.
That happened a long time ago.

>monsters stealing an adventurer's gear and trying to wear it
That's some real kawaii shit, desu senpai

This is my fetish, but most day-to-day things in D&D are someone's fetish. It also would squick a lot of players out, they would think it's gross, but that's also true of most day-to-day things in D&D, monsters and villains in particular are often gross on purpose.

It makes sense and sounds like a good story. It may or may not be an issue depending on your group.

I would strongly recommend against using a PC as your sperm donor. Forcing PCs into sexual situations, especially on-screen, is a polite taboo at most tables. If it's an NPC adventurer and his hideous monster waifu then it's more quirky and cute, but someone might still get his panties in a twist over it, especially if they've had bad magical-reams-ey experiences before or if they post on Veeky Forums.

It's not all that magical realm, I don't think it's a good story line though.

If my GM dropped this shit on me I'd say "No, my character is not fertilizing it". If another PC stepped up to take the hook, I'd just sit around and wait for this arc to finish.

Sorry, your fetish is what exactly?

>humans love human babies
youtube.com/watch?v=tLGGutTEbIo

Though women do like human babies when they aren't their own, so I guess it works.

Sex with extremely fucked-up nonhuman things which are still as smart as humans.

Also to some extent the idea of the powerful male as a wounded bird being cared for and fussed over by a more powerful female, that's hot too, before you even get to the sex.

Read the story of the Minotaur and tell me who the monster is.

It's just a matter of custody, when the monster is male then the baby will be born among humans and inspire human stories. If the monster is female then the baby is born among monsters and to the humans it's just another monster.

There's always the horror of knowing that one of the creatures out there that's bringing woe to your village or town is your progeny. Your fault.

Maybe if you somehow managed to make it kinda cute, like the creature has no idea where babies come from since it/they were all created in a lab.

Like, take out the actual sexual intercourse part, and be all, "Nice hoomins give me pwetty babeh? I give you shinies! Shiniest of the shinies for pwetty babeh!?"

And then kind of joke it in as, "Ok, so does the group of adventurers break this poor horrifying abominations heart, and risk being torn to pieces, by giving it the talk about the birds and the bees and bestiality? Or do you want to let someone in the group take one for the team in exchange for all this awesome loot the mad old wizard left behind when he died?"

And you can also throw in a third option, where the group finds a local orphan and convinces the townsfolk to let the monster adopt it.

You, my friend, have strongly inspired me. I shall adopt your love for giant magic wielding spiders.

But only if they are cute and fluffy. I can't handle spiders if they aren't cute and fluffy.

Yea, that's the direction that the cgi Beowulf movie went in and it was pretty cool. You could also interpret Morgan Le Fay and Mordred that way, she was a "monster" who seduced king Arthur and her son was Arthur but evil; I'm sure there are better examples in mythology but none are coming to mind.

But most monster-sex stories are about a male monster and a sinful or victimized women, basically rehashing the fear of foreign barbarians making babies with your bitch.

Oh there's all kinds of fun stuff and it isn't always the monster daddy knocking up the some unsuspecting lady that's at fault. You get weird stuff like Zeus falls in love with the wife of King Minos of Crete so Hera cockblocks her husband's mortal-fever by making the queen fall in love with the king's prize bull (in many versions Poseidon curses the queen for some transgression or other). Even if Zeus could turn into a similar enough bull there's some groinal interface issues.

The queen gets so sexually frustrated she commissions Daedalus (yes, that Daedalus) to build her a female bull suit/statue so her lady bits are accessible to her, ahem, horny suitor. And next thing you know she's popping out a baby minotaur and the king is glaring at Daedalus before telling him to "Fix this shit." So obviously you build a super cool labyrinth for the bouncing baby eventual BBEG because Daedalus was full on Veeky Forums before Veeky Forums.

There are plenty to base them on, and remember that they like to wear water droplets as hats.

Definitely exaggeratedly like other races. Not just in behavior, but looks, personality, everything that makes humans respond positively, turner up to 11, to the point where they're actually in the uncanny valley again.

I love 'em.

>Human male on non human female

That's my fetish

Quality post

Humans! I come to you bearing the gift of garments made from my finest silk!

>cheers

This is silk which I grace to you from my own ass! Wear it in health and peace as we bask in this, our time of mutual joy and togetherness.

>sudden appearances of pitchforks and torches

At least the underground fetish market will love it.

Because the monsters being female is magical realm tier.

Male monsters are always the ones doing the raping and pillaging because they're more bestial than humans in most settings or myths; they don't care about morals or civilization or anything beyond survival and base instinct. They take and will never give, and twisting things away from that is only an invention of recent centuries, maybe even decades. Gygax certainly worked under more black and white ideas of good and evil than we're used to today.

So a male monster not being a psycho rapist is also magical realm due to lack of precedent, then?

I guess there's always stuff like Beauty and the Beast for precedent. Ron Perlman has rarely looked finer.

Although a human male turned into a beastman via a curse is probably cheating even when he acquires an altered disposition from his new quasi-animal form.

There's plenty of female monsters who will attack men. I suppose the succubus is one of the more infamous. Most I don't think get to the sex bit but tend to use sex as a lure such as the Sirens of Greek myth. Mermaids can often be associated with shipwrecks and drowning, filling a very siren like role. Then you have the Mara or Mare, from which we derive the word "nightmare" and sometimes associated with succubi. Being "Mare ridden" was an explanation of night terrors or even illnesses like consumption. A tuberculosis outbreak in the 19th century lead to a vampire panic in New England (pic related) when the dead were supposed to sit on the chests of victims and drain their breath.

Less monstrous examples would be Norse myth where several of the gods and goddesses are actually Frost Giants. Not just Loki, the most famous, but the goddess Skadi. Hell, despite being married to the fertility goddess Sif Thor likes to rummage around in the icebox of the giantess Jarnsaxa. She bore him his son Magni. I'm not sure there is any official record of who Modi's mother is, and there are accounts that Thor has a daughter Prudr/Thrud. At least one account has a dwarf (dark alf) claiming she is his betrothed.

Gods and Goddesses are probably pushing this a bit, and not all of these examples are outright sex based (at least not by all accounts). Still mythology can be surprisingly equal opportunity with its kinks.

Fucking Rhode Island man. I swear those folks are touched by the deep one or something.

they sure got the innsmouth look tho

It will be how you play it. If the goal is for the creature to actually get knocked up, or worse for the townspeople to actually accept it on that basis, you've gone full-bore Whizzard.

On the other hand, if you just want to establish that it's kind but lonely and wants to be reconciled to the townfolk on their terms but it's struggling with the details of human behavior as a complete outsider, that's a pretty standard comedy/worldbuilding trope.

To recap:

Not Magical Realm: "I wish to great the shopkeeper. Is this the one where one of us places a lower appendage into the others orifice or is this the one where we mutually squeeze each others object manipulation appendage?" "Uhm, neither. Definitely neither. Just move your hand back and forth in the air."

Magical Realm: *squishing and slapping noises*

I'd say it depends on how you play it, OP.

If you make it overtly sexual it's gonna be weird. If you make the sex more an afterthought and play up it being creepy/disturbing it could be interesting.

>This is silk which I grace to you from my own ass! Wear it in health and peace as we bask in this, our time of mutual joy and togetherness.

Look, if I will pay good money to drink stuff that gets squeezed out of a cow I don't even know's titty-glands the only response I'm going to have to being handed a silk shirt handmade from the Sorc's silk-glands ought to be "thank you so much, how thoughtful."

Don't get me started on what it says about me that I eat poached eggs, either.

dude what the fuck

I just realized that if your mom's mother and dad's father were both divorced or widowed very young and they re-married to each other and had a youngest they would be both each parent's half-sibling yet no incest would have occurred. Thus they could be your double-uncle or double-aunt since you could trace through either parent.

(Files this into idea folder under "Nobility/Hillfolk")

>not finding a tentacle monster and raping it into submission
>not forcing it to produce lots of your children
>not conquering the world with your Limb Legion

Are you even trying?

Also,

>not using special breeds of tentacles as living armor, underwear and furniture

Step 1) Convince creature that I don't currently know how babies work for it, but if I had ongoing access to the wizards lab/library/stuff I might be able to figure out how.

Step 2) Send the party face to town for resupplies/propagandizing the town folk.

Step 3) Seek to slowly reconcile the tower denizens to the townsfolk independent of how my research goes.

Step 4) Make honest accounting, post-reconciliation, of what my research discovered. Especially since I may have to explain to the creature that it's infertile or reproduces non-sexually and I prefer it not be staking all its hopes and dreams on that not being the case.

Step 5) Glorious Lawful Good profit and the goodwill of an entire town. Hopefully.

(NPC idea: The local orphanage/daycare is run by an astoundingly even-tempered Drider. No one's going to fuck with the kids and basinets/hammocks/clothing is going to be cheap as hell.)

(Side note. You think I don't know that baby-talk accent. But I do.)

Brilliant.

That's okay, most jumping spiders are adorable.

>> using your own descendants as armor

Too far.