Godbound General /gbg/

Godbound General!

What is Godbound? It's a 3pp Pathfinder class that basically transforms Pathfinder into a brand new game, though still a d20 game.

In Godbound, you play a Godbound. You're a superpowered godling whom no mortal hero can stop, no matter how powerful they are. If you're a level 1 Godbound and the other guy is a level 20 mortal wizard, you'll win because your can fling your divine powers at them and they'll have no chance of resisting. Your only opposition comes from other Godbound.

What kind of Godbound can you play? Think of an Exalted type. Those are the playable Godbound, because Godbound's setting is actually just Creation from Exalted. So you can play a Solar Godbound, a Lunar Godbound, a Sidereal Godbound, an Alchemical Godbound, or whatever.

What do you do in Godbound? Take over the world, try to make the world better, or both. But don't worry, because this game doesn't have any clunky domain management rules to slow you down. You'll just have to trust in your GM to fiat how things work in downtime.

Sounds good?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/185960/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Deluxe-Edition
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?773601-Sine-Nomine-Godbound-Staff-Pick
b.reich.io/tuooov.pdf
mediafire.com/download/q86kncl06rf0b8h/Godbound_DeluxeVersion-062516.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Godbound sounds so fuckin sick fampai legit cannot made to just god and bound and do all kinds of godbound shit. Like, I mean, this game. THIS GAME. THIS FUCKIN GAME, amirite? This game = THE GAME.

More like fucking GOODBOUND, and by "good" I mean literally the best game ever published for anything, and that isn't an exaggeration. I really love how the game is clearly based on Pathfinder, but then is like Godbound like if you flipped someone's fuckin face around and it was like them, but not them, and also how it comes with autistic shitposting free in the package in case you ever want to end your life.

Rolled 6, 1, 4, 4, 6, 6, 4, 5, 1, 4, 1, 5, 6, 4, 1, 1, 4, 2, 6, 1, 1, 6, 3, 6 = 88 (24d6)

rolling for qt3.14 godbound stats

If Godbound doesn't have a completely random character generation system, it ought to.

>Sounds good?
You mean I can play with the Exalted setting using a d20 system instead of the undying clusterfuck that is every edition of the actual Exalted rules? Sounds great. I'll get everyone I know who's interested in Exalted to play it instead of the six hundred page clunker we're stuck with for the official version.

Plus, sounds like it's got rules for every Exalt. That's fantastic, since the official rules for those won't be out until Ashton Kutcher stops laughing.

It does, but it's optional. They suggest 4d6 in any order, but only after offering an array. 16, 14, 13, 13, 10, and 8.

Given the number of options that boost or max out one stat or another, and the fact that you can turn one of your stats into an 18 on the cheap, this is probably the only d20 system where you could start with a 3 in all six stats and still make a competent character. (If an overly focused one.)

Why are people posting for real in the insane faggot GB shitthread?

Also why didnt I fucking sage? See, this thread is apparently infectious retardity.

>It does, but it's optional. They suggest 4d6 in any order, but only after offering an array. 16, 14, 13, 13, 10, and 8.
I mean everything random. Not just stats

To counter-troll, I guess.

Since I know all of you lads play Exalted, how much would a normal, average mercenary company cost? Two Silver talents, maybe?

Ahh, glad to see the toufag has been purged, glad to see the general back.

Besides that- Has anyone actually used any of the alternate godbound types at the back of the book? Are they worth using for an not-exalted game?

I think I've finally gotten a handle on what the difference between Influence and Dominion is.

Influence is like Divine Grace. It's cool shit that happens around a Mother Fuckin' God.

So, for example, let's say a lvl1 Godbound takes Influence of Knowledge, and can therefore drop Improbable shit on a whole damn city. This means he can jump-start a Renaissance. But why does it stop when he stops giving it attention or fucks off? Because it's not a real Renaissance, it's just happening because of Divine Grace, and if that Grace is removed it stumbles to a halt.

Dominion, on the other hand, is Written Into The World. If our aforementioned Knowledge Godbound decides he wants his city to be Venezia Bitches, then he Writes It Into The World by spending Dominion, the raw essence of belief. Now it's not a question of grace, it's part of the tapestry of existence. Doesn't matter if he's paying attention or even if he's around, that city is now actually having a fucking Renaissance, not just being awesome because a God said so.

So that's what I've worked out. I'm glad I finally got a grip on it, considering I'm supposed to be running a campaign soonish.

Interesting.

Bramp mutha fuckas

I really like this summation. Thanks for that.

It depends on what you want to use them for - an entire company hired to guard a compound for a while might cost about that, but if you're going on campaign they'll likely want free reign to loot, which could be difficult to manage if for example there are Artifacts in the mix, or you're more moral than the average mercenary.

Hiring a normal, average mercenary company for matters involving the Exalted may be significantly more difficult - asking ordinary mortals to march to battle against men and women who can choke the very air with poisonous flowers, carve holes in an enemy's destiny and headbutt them screaming into an abyss of unfulfillable potential, twist themselves into the shape of a mighty dragon, or bring to bear manslaying powers with names like Invincible Fury of the Dawn, Swarm-Culling Instinct, Shining Starfall Execution, and Prey-Maiming Frenzy is...well, you'd probably have to be one of the Exalted Host yourself to pull it off.

So, where's the download link?

No one actually owns Godbound. It's just a circlejerk over some TSR vaporware.

Oh, really? That's incredibly disappointing.

Is this not it?

drivethrurpg.com/product/185960/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Deluxe-Edition

You can actually get a free version of the rules that seem pretty extensive off DrivethruRPG.

Other than that a deluxe version with clockwork and cyberware shit is 20 bucks there.

No one seems to have a pastebin set up yet.

This fucker right here is a faggot. Don't listen to it.

So is this the game I can use to run naruto but with OSR mechanics?

Are you high? What vaporware?

TSR released the Immortals set for Basic. It was kind of shit, but it existed, and it inspired Godbound, an OSR game of demigods.

Pretty much, yeah.

So how would I build a rasengan?

Alternatively how would I build Madara?

>But don't worry, because this game doesn't have any domain management rules

how is this a selling point

OP's post is a troll, but people have decided to discuss the system seriously to spite him, I guess?

It's OSR, though, if you want domain rules, borrow them from Adventurer Conqueror King (if you like things really crunchy) or use Labyrinth Lord's An Echo, Resounding sourcebook. (If you like things manageably abstracted.)

I believe that's roughly how the designer explained it in RPG.net thread, yes.

>to spite him, I guess?
Only thing you can do is to talk around the trolls. A useful skill on Veeky Forums, but also a life skill.

Also, whenever possible, point out that this is a better system than Exalted, since the only reason a troll would care to troll this particular system is because it shares concept space with Exalted and they're afraid it'll convert potential GMs away from that glorious mess.

Speaking of which
Definitely worth using for any game where you want alternate Exalt types, due to the aforementioned Laughing Ashton Kutcher issue. If I run an Exalted game before the sun burns out/the Lunars book gets released, I'll be using Godbound.

Ignore fagit OP.

Godbound doesn't bother with ACKS-style hexcrawl domain rules. Instead, it focuses on the interaction between Factions, the problems and useful shit in those factions, and has a Faction Turn system during which Factions take moves. The PCs can have Factions, and many develop at least 1 by default (their own cult),

So that's how "modelling shit going on in the world" works. The other side is the Influence/Dominion rules, which deal with using Godly Fuckin' Might to change the world in various ways. So while you might take over Buttfuck City and thus control its Faction Turn, you can also use your Influence or Dominion to turn all your soldiers into buttfucking futas. Or make Buttfuck City into a giant Transformer that literally buttfucks enemy cities. Or whatever else your magical realm desires.

I do like Exalted 3E somewhat better though, and can't help but feel it and Godbound are meant to be different games.

>I do like Exalted 3E somewhat better though, and can't help but feel it and Godbound are meant to be different games.

Haven't decided which one I like more (I really enjoy the combat system in 3E) but I definitely agree with you. Godbound has more of a low-level Nobilis or Mage feel; free-form miracles backed up with preset powers on a very limited resource base.

>3pp Pathfinder class

They are, but the trolls seem to disagree or why would they care about this game in particular? See how they get the Exalted jargon correct in the copypasta?

I like both games, but for different reasons and different player groups. But the trolls see this game and think "OH GOD, the more popular this game gets the less chance I have of playing Exalted!". Of course, I only heard about this game through the trolling, but no one ever accused internet trolls of having incredible foresight and wisdom.

>But the trolls see this game and think "OH GOD, the more popular this game gets the less chance I have of playing Exalted!"
>implying the guy who does the Godbound copypasta plays Exalted either

The only reason the comparison is made is because Exalted's popular perception is as "that shitty game that's super high-powered"

Post download links for the two books and make me a happy man, please.

I'll make a real /gbg/ when autismofag fucks off and include the links there.

>The only reason the comparison is made is because Exalted's popular perception is as "that shitty game that's super high-powered"

Godbound Deluxe comes with additional rules for playing a Solar, Lunar, Sidereal, DB or Alchemical. Not to mention Godwalkers, which are Warstriders with extra funk basically.

>Godbound Deluxe comes with additional rules for playing a Solar, Lunar, Sidereal, DB or Alchemical. Not to mention Godwalkers, which are Warstriders with extra funk basically.

You say that but I can't really picture anyone who would be happy with Godbound's take on those Exalt types (that is, largely superficial and namechanges) that wouldn't have already been happy just playing FATExalted or something.

Plenty of 'em in the RPGnet thread.

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?773601-Sine-Nomine-Godbound-Staff-Pick

>RPG.net
>the land where game devs are mods and they ban anyone who thinks a dev might be wrong about something

Guess wat

I found an elderly version of Sixteen Sorrows

b.reich.io/tuooov.pdf

I like it. Mostly because I can remake my favourite Solar PC in Godbound. He actually comes across stronger, it being easier to make a broadly competent character in a system that doesn't make you count your skill points.

No, this is it.

mediafire.com/download/q86kncl06rf0b8h/Godbound_DeluxeVersion-062516.pdf

Good stuff. I was trying to post a send space link earlier, but I kept getting connection errors. Does Veeky Forums ever filter links?

>Does Veeky Forums ever filter links?

if it does it'll explicitly tell you.

>This is awesome, user! Thank you so much.

Do you have Sixteen Sorrows?

I linked an alpha version here: Haven't been able to find the full version.

Only endgame Naruto.

To be fair I don't believe I've ever seen anyone satisfied with the actual Exalt types they got.

madara build?

is this game a meme or is it good?

Yes? Some autist keeps making troll OPs to force some dumb meme about Pathfinder, but it's a genuinely good game. Touhoufag is mad at it, but whatever.

What are the trap WoC options? Can you still have fun playing the shit words of creation?

Touhoufag desperately tried to make a case for a "Gift Tax" but I'm not aware of any "trap options" in the WoC.

Godbound is amongst my top five RPGs for its mechanical concepts and chassis alone, even though their execution is questionable and full of bizarrities.

The chassis behind the Effort subsystem (commit Effort temporarily, commit Effort for the scene, commit Effort for the day), the miracles subsystem, and the Influence/Dominion subsystems are all masterpieces of game design that should be applauded.

Even though the author wound up executing them in such a way as to produce some truly baffling results, the mere chassis alone are marvelously designed.

The author does have some very confusing game design philosophies as they write in RPG.net though, such as "in a setting where mental influence is not uncommon, passive immunity to mind-affecting and mind-reading effects and the ability to distort mind-reading effects is weaker than the ability to talk to animals," and a strange method of dismissing any 100% combat-dedicated build as utterly worthless and in no need of balance scrutiny even when that build outshines more conventionally-optimized combat-dedicated Godbound at their niche of "killing enemies and surviving."

Even so, I would play non-house-ruled Godbound over non-house-ruled D&D 4e any day of the week. It is a game I would recommend to anyone... and that is precisely why it is so important to pick it apart for potential flaws.

There actually are two major "gift taxes" for any character serious about combat:

1. If you have invested a good deal into melee-oriented gifts, such as those from the Sword Word, you will want to pick up a mobility gift such as Alacrity's All-Encompassing Presence or Sky's Sapphire Wings. Otherwise, if you start more than 30 feet away from an opponent, you will be unable to start slicing away with your melee-focused gifts and forced to settle for a ranged attack or a Divine Wrath (the latter of which can be costly if you have not purchased it as a gift).

2. If you want to consistently make attack rolls and you do not have the Might Word, you will want to take either Bow's Bolt of Invincible Skill or Sword's Unerring Blade. (Even if you *do* have Might, taking either of these is still a good idea.)

If you have 16 in your attack attribute, at level 1, your attack bonus is +3. The AC of a 2 HD "veteran" (not even a 3 HD "elite soldier") is 5 to 3, which means that if you try to take swings against that "veteran," you will hit only 45% to 35% of the time. That is fairly poor.

Meanwhile, for 1 gift point, you can take Bolt of Invincible Skill or Unerring Blade. By spending Effort for a scene, you can transform a miss into an automatic hit *and* an automatic 4 damage, which is a godsend when fighting just about anything.

By level 3 or so, however, Divine Wrath and/or Corona of Fury become good alternatives to Bolt of Invincible Skill or Unerring Blade. The smites become better by that point due to your attack bonus having increased (making automatic hit gifts less necessary) and the automatic smite damage also having increased.

If you are a Bow or a Sword Godbound, your level 1-2 effectiveness is heavily dependent on whether or not you take Bolt of Invincible Skill or Unerring Blade. They are just that good, especially given enemy AC and your miss chances at such levels. I would absolutely consider them taxes.

REEE STOP MAKING ARGUMENTS YOU AUTISTIC TROLL LEAAAAVE YOU'RE DERAILING THE THREEEADDD REEEEEE

For reference:

>Bolt of Invincible Skill, Instant
>You always hit an unaware or inanimate target, no matter how small or how far under cover it may be. Optionally, you may Commit Effort to the end of the scene to ensure that your current or next ranged attack does maximum damage and hits on anything but a natural roll of 1.

>Unerring Blade, Instant
>Commit Effort to the scene’s end. Your current or next melee attack hits on anything but a natural roll of 1 and does maximum damage. This strike can penetrate any protection short of an invincible defense against the weapon being used.

>Unerring Blade, Instant
>Commit Effort to the scene’s end. Your current or next melee attack hits on anything but a natural roll of 1 and does maximum damage. This strike can penetrate any protection short of an invincible defense against the weapon being used.

>Instant gifts can be activated at any time, even in response to an enemy’s attack or action, or after dice have been rolled for an attack or saving throw.

Suppose you are a level 1 Godbound with only 16 or 18 in your attack attribute because you lack the Might word, and you are taking shots or swings at 2 HD "veterans" (not "elite soldiers") who have AC 5 to 3.

You whiff.
If you did not spend 1 gift point on Bolt of Invincible Skill or Unerring Blade, that would be the end of that turn, unless you incinerated a point of Effort for an entire *day* to mimic either of those gifts.
If you did spend that 1 gift point, then you can spend Effort only for the *scene* to activate the gift, which is significantly more economical.

Then the whiff transforms into an automatic 4 damage hit, instantly taking out two of the 2 HD veterans.

Given the miss chances you must contend with at lower levels, spending Effort only for the *scene* for an automatic hit for 4 damage is far more economical than expending it for a *day* each time.

>instantly taking out two of the 2 HD veterans.

Or, if they are in a Mob, chunking away a good 4 HD of the Mob's durability.

If you are serious about playing a combat-inclined Godbound and want to be able to fight without tapping yourself out for the day due to Effort expenditures, take an automatic hit gift and do not look back.

(As for myself, I am perfectly happy with a dedicated noncombat Godbound of Artifice/Knowledge/Journeying with Ten Thousand Tools, Perpetual Perfection, Know the Path, and The Path of Racing Dawn, relying primarily on a Fact-powered Cinnabar Conflagration and cheap ranged attacks for combat.)

Fuck off, Colette.

Just because something's so good for every warrior that every warrior will take it doesn't mean it's a tax. They can just NOT take it and use Effort for Day to miracle it up...

>Pathfinder class
Remove yourself from the genepool

For those wondering whether it's any good, here's a random Godbound I pulled out of my ass earlier on:

>Bhazir the Wanderer
>Itinerant former Oasis State merchant.
>Words: Night, Time, Luck
>Gifts: Nine Lives (re-roll any to hit or save that would result in the character dying, constant, no resource expenditure)
> By Chance (make literally any single thing happen as long as it's not "utterly improbable", which can involve above-greatsword level damage to a single target or medium weapon damage to a whole group. Uses Effort for the scene.)
> Road of Shadows (teleport from nearby shadow to any other shadow within a mile. No resource expenditure.)
> Look Forward (Get a one-sentence answer about the future outcomes or actions of a target. Requires Effort for the day.)
> Divine Wrath of Time (Autohit a single target with 1d8/level damage. Can't use every turn. Time-based, so probably counts as non-physical damage for bypassing defences. Requires Effort for the scene.)

So basically he's an Arab stereotype dood who pulls weird prophecies and mad coincidences out of his ass before jumping away into a shadow. And if you get him really mad, he kills you by accelerating time.

Didn't we say this game was awesome?

Meh. Not really different from the grab-bag D&D clerics and wizards have.

And just like a D&D wizard, you'll get tired quickly and want to sit around on your ass for the rest of the day!

True, I wasn't really building him for maximum weird-ass shit value. If I had, he'd be giving people cancer by looking at them, adding people to my pack of wolf slaves by hitting them sufficiently hard in the face, take over an enemy army via loud yelling, or prevent someone dying even when they're liquidised and dropped into a volcano.

All potentially at chargen. And I haven't mentioned the free-form miracle system, which let's you do... pretty much anything you like.

Seriously, it's fucking awesome. Even 2hu fagulon up there agrees and they're a dumbshit.

>You can suck if you don't take it, that's totally a real choice!

You're retarded.

Only Look Forward from that list needs full-day Effort.

That said, Divine Wrath is probably pointless at lvl1. By Chance does the same thing better already. I'd be better off with, say, Damn Their Eyes or possibly the ever-useful Effort of the Word.

If you take it, you get to do Cool Thing.

If you don't take it, you don't get to do Cool Thing unless you Miracle it up.

So... exactly like every other Gift in the game, then.

>Even 2hu fagulon up there agrees and they're a dumbshit.
Now now, just because someone's using rules to back up claims...

No, Colette is just carrying an argument over from rpg.net because no-one agreed with their theorycrafting bullshit and they are astonishingly butthurt about it.

Hence crapping all over two GB threads and counting.

>If you take it, you get to do Necessary Thing.
>If you don't take it, you don't get to do Necessary Thing unless you Miracle it up.

At least try to follow along with the entire premise of the argument.

For a character serious about being a warrior-type, "transforming a miss into an automatic hit with a maximized 4 damage" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation.

Otherwise, the character will have to commit Effort for the *day* every time they want to use it, which defeats the point of Bolt of Invincible Skill and Unerring Blade being "bread and butter."

Autohit isn't actually necessary. It's a thing you can choose to have or not have. The proof of it being necessary has so far been "it would be hard to hit things that are supposed to be hard to hit".

Also the whole thing of "well you MUST buy these two Gifts" is retarded as fuck. I accidentally included one too many autohit Gifts in and I wasn't even trying to make a combat character.

Thanks!

>Autohit isn't actually necessary.

When you have a solid 50% chance to whiff on any attack by the basic math of the game and may not get your Fray Dice if you're fighting a Worthy Foe, and you've entirely designed a character with an eye for combat, yes it is fucking necessary.

Don't give me this "I can choose to suck ass" bullshit argument.

Divine Wrath deals an average of 1.25 damage at level 1, an average of 2.5 damage at level 2, and an average of 3.75 damage at level 3. It costs Effort for the scene.

Bolt of Invincible Skill and Unerring Blade, for all intents and purposes, are an automatic 4 damage, *and* they are far more cost-efficient in terms of both action economy and Effort economy (because you simply wait for your attack to miss and then transform that into a direct 4 damage, no questions asked).

At level 4, Divine Wrath starts to pull ahead, but even then, Bolt of Invincible Skill and Unerring Blade have the luxury of being activatable only when you miss. (And of course, they do not have the usage limitations that smites have.)

Madara's bound at least six words; Sword, Bow, Alacrity, Might, Endurance, Sorcery

>For a character serious about hitting things that are very hard to hit and hitting them really hard, "transforming a miss into an automatic hit with a maximized 4 damage" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation.

> For a character serious about teleporting around, "jumping into a shadow and emerging a mile away" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation.

I mean, you're not actually fucking SAYING ANYTHING, Colette. You're just repeating the exact same dumb shit you were posting on rpg.net and it was stupid and faggy then too.

I notice you're not mithering on endlessly about half of Bandit Princes being Major Heroes any more, though. So apparently you can eventually absorb new information.

DATTEBAYO!

But does Godbound have the ability to make Sakura into a good character?

>> For a character serious about teleporting around, "jumping into a shadow and emerging a mile away" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation.
Yes this is also true, if your thing is teleporting you take the teleportation power.

>I mean, you're not actually fucking SAYING ANYTHING, Colette.

>For a character serious about teleporting around, "jumping into water and emerging miles away" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation
>For a character serious about teleporting around, "stepping into sunlight and emerging miles away" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation
>For a character serious about teleporting around, "stepping into a flame and emerging a mile away" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation

>For a character serious about hitting things that are very hard to hit and hitting them really hard, "transforming a miss into an autimatic hit with a maximized 4 damage" is valuable enough at levels 1-2 to warrant spending 1 gift point on such at character creation.

I'll give you exactly one post to think about the difference between these two character concepts and the range of options each has to viably explore it before I blatantly correct your dumb ass.

>any attack
Any attack against an AC of 5 or lower, maybe. Which is not everyone on the face of the planet, no matter what Colette pretends.

That aside, though. If you're playing someone who throws lightning bolts at people, you should probably seriously consider taking the Sky Gift that lets you throw lightning bolts.

That doesn't mean that the lightning bolt Gift is a fucking Gift Tax.

>I notice you're not mithering on endlessly about half of Bandit Princes being Major Heroes any more, though.

That still is an extant and long-standing issue.

>Bandit Chief: Minor or Major Hero with a Skilled Mage lieutenant, a Large Mob of rabble and a Small Mob of veteran bandits

>Military Base: Minor or Major Hero with Vast Mob of soldiers, possibly other Hero lieutenants or Skilled Mage support

>Noble's Household: Minor or Major Hero with a Skilled Mage advisor, a Small Mob of guards, and possibly one or more other Heroes in their pay

Given that heroes have the ability to mimic divine superpowers and that Skilled Mages are literal archmages who can likewise mimic divine powers, it seems rather unbelievable that any group of bandits or adventurous noble's retinue in a dungeon will include such mighty faux-divine wuxia warriors and mortal sorcerers supreme.

>it would be hard to hit things that are supposed to be hard to hit
A couple nameless soldiers should not be hard to hit for the Fight God.

If you don't want to hit enemies well, just don't take an autohit gift.

B-but if you want to play Ebin Jellyporta Guy, then you have to buy a teleport Gift! Which means you're totally whiffing on teleporting without it!

Gift tax!

GIFT TAX!

It's not hard to do so in general, but yes. All you need to do to make Sakura a good character is to focus events on characters who actually need medical attention. She's the only one of the main four who can actually do that.

If you want to be THE teleport guy you should probably get them all to be honest.

>Any attack against an AC of 5 or lower, maybe. Which is not everyone on the face of the planet, no matter what Colette pretends.

Generic, 1 HD "warriors" from page 154 have AC 7 to 5.
1 HD "trained soldiers" from page 153 have AC 6.
2 HD "veterans" from page 154 have AC 5 to 3.
3 HD "elite soldiers" from page 153 have AC 4.

These are not good odds for any level 1 Godbound without the Might Word.

They're not. In fact, the whole unit can fall over and die pretty easily to Corona of Fury or basically any miracle or any number of other ways.

Colette is a dumb autistic faggot and needs pruning from existence, as proven by this fucking idiot post: Where Colette Dumbfuck apparently still thinks that "use Gifts as a stand in for special fighting skills" is identical to "find the most powerful available Gift for slaughtering entire armies, then complain that this unbalances the setting since every single Minor Hero clearly has that Gift".

That is the level of retardation we're dealing with here.

I still kinda like the idea of taking Effort of the Word 3 times, then binding another Word with the other 3 Gift Points.

It would be a really short-lived character, but oh, the miracles!

Ok but what about the one sided romance with the token edgelord which hilariously enough due to shit genes means his edgelord clan will die out

Strictly speaking, "Nameless soldiers" would not be considered Worthy Foes, and thus would be subject to your Fray die.

I don't particularly *like* the fact that my combat focused character has no meaningful choice in combat and is just relegated to standing around applying the same Fray die that literally every single Godbound gets merely for being a Godbound, but strictly speaking, as Fray dice are minor exertions of godly might, a Fight God won't experience difficulty in fighting nameless soldiers beyond actually making an attack roll.

The point, you insufferable shitposting retard, is that whereas [TELEPORTS BEHIND U]: The Character has a host of options, any sensible combat focused character NEEDS to take the handful of Gifts (Smite, Corona, or the two Sword autohit Gifts) that explicitly ignore attack rolls, or you're essentially giving up the utility of a non-combat focused Godbound (by taking stuff like Sword or Might) in order to get a 50% chance to whiff every time you try to attack, which is fucking dumb.

Nevermind how any serious Wizard's Wrath Fray die abusing character will significantly outperform the average "combat focused" character because of how the game's basic hit chance works.

The best thing you can get from Sword is, ironically, *defensive* utility to help you while Sky and Earth blow everything up with auto-hit Fray dice augmenting Gifts.

>In fact, the whole unit can fall over and die pretty easily to Corona of Fury or basically any miracle or any number of other ways.

At levels 1-2, Corona of Fury deals 1d8 damage. Against Mobs, this is rolled straight.

A 2 HD Mob of "veterans" (not 3 HD "elite soldiers") has 14 HD as a Small Mob, 28 HD as a Large Mob, and 42 HD as a Vast Mob. They also have Morale 10, so they are unlikely to flee from battle.

1d8 damage, rolled straight, probably is not going to be able to take out that Mob. On the other hand, a Bolt of Invincible Skill (1 gift point) plus a Rain of Sorrow (2 gift points) will wreak *havoc* on that Mob, even if it is composed of worthy foes.

Effort of the Word past the first purchase is a poor way to spend gift points.

I don't think you understand the argument here to be shit talking honestly; that they fall in the face of divine magic is the core of the argument being made.

>Your maximum Effort increases by one point. This gift can be taken
once for each Word you’ve bonded, but each purchase after the first
costs two gift points instead of one.

Effort of the Word costs 1 Gift point for the first acquisition of the Gift, and 2 Gift points for all subsequent purchases.

>which hilariously enough due to shit genes means his edgelord clan will die out
?

>or the two Sword autohit Gifts
Bolt of Invincible Skill is from Bow, not Sword.

>Wizard's Wrath Fray die abusing character
This is a whole new can of worms, yes. For some unfathomable reason, Kevin Crawford had ruled on RPG.net that using Voice of the Winds does *not* cancel The Path Through War, which is mind-numbingly imbecilic and promotes invincible Voice of the Winds/The Path Through War/Wizard's Wrath builds.

Never mind that Voice of the Winds has some fairly decent noncombat utility.

Wizard's Wrath also works fairly well with Bow's Rain of Sorrow though.