Warhammer 40k General

'Ere We Go Again and Again Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread is claimed by CHAOS
CHAOS will rise again

With two supplements duct taped to a codex?
Why don't you wrap some chains around your arm and have a shitty AoS model?

So I'm building a Deathwatch list.

Do the guys from from Kill Team Cassius count as anything for the purposes of the Codex formations? (ie: does Garran Branatar count as a Terminator, Edryc Setorax count as a Vanguard Veteran, etc..?)

I just got my Deldar stuff. What am I supposed to for more special weapons? Scourges come with one of each which is useless.

>So I'm building a Deathwatch list.
You and every other user since it was first leaked. Hows that working out for you?

Also no, you can't sub out your regular dudes for named characters from the set.

Didn't say when, Imperial dog

The talos kit comes with two heat lances/haywire guns to convert on to an infantry gun. There is a guide somewhere on google.

It's my second army. My first was Orks. So quite well, comparatively.

My meta is also casual as hell. We have no Eldar, and two chill Tau players. All other Space marine players are furries.

Well at least you aren't completely delusional then, Heretical Woreson.

Maybe after the Emperor has his way, and the galaxy is remade you can try it again.

>Our Emperor who art on Terra, hallowed be thy name.
>Thy kingdom come, thy will be done,
>With holy promethium.
>Give us this day our daily bread,
>And lead us not into Squatation,
>But deliver us new minis.

You do know your gods enjoy your suffering right?

We'll see after your nerfs in 8th edition. Those loyalist tears will be wonderful. Oh and the eldar will be crying along side you.

Oh, and

>The emperor already failed, enjoy your lightbulb

Dear, Sister, He is too busy at the moment, but with buns like those I'm sure the Emperor's many personalities will take notice.

a lightbulb actually does things

enjoy various authors desperately trying to convince you how "badass" and "totally not harmless" abaddon is

I would rather suffer to get my victories than be handed a grav gun and told "Go win"

>Out of arguments, must reference something not mentioned
Even while armless, he still gets shit done.

>We'll see after your nerfs in 8th edition. Those loyalist tears will be wonderful. Oh and the eldar will be crying along side you.
>chaos fags are so deluded they think GW will ever nerf marines in any major way
That has about the same probability of GW giving CSM drop pods: 0%.

They don't count, which is okay, since most of them are inferior to their generic counterparts.
I mean, Setorax and Suberei are nice distractions/roadblocks and Barantar should always find a job, but the rest are awful. Shit loadout, meh special rules, no Mission Tactics and so on.

>I would rather suffer to get my victories than be handed a grav gun and told "Go win"

>tfw no good blood pack art

>We'll see after your nerfs

Oh so your mind is completely lost to chaos.

Even though the would never nerf SM below CSM as we both know, even if they did I play Dark Angels so two words changed in my head cannon can keep me playing.

enjoy having another book released before the power codices of the edition come out

who /glorious chaos/ here??
loyalist bitch boys need not apply

>the would never nerf SM below CSM
You haven't been playing very long, have you?

Not hopeful for the new supplement.

Access to the AoD psyker disciplines with added spikes, and a detachment doesn't help our awful book. And I still can't field the Legion/Warband I want to field.

For the changer of ways!

Chaos sucks!

Chaos is great!

Is there literally any benefit to giving a model like a sergeant two pistols instead of one and a chainsword?

Gunslinger rule. You still get two attacks and now you get two pistol shots too, iirc.

i might be missing it, but is the new killteam rulebook available without the tau/space marine pack?

1. Gunslinger rule, shits cash
2. (And most importantly) rule of cool senpai

Digital only, but yeah.

Why do tactical marines have bolt pistols? They don't have close combat weapons to grant them +1A so I'm confused why they carry a second gun with half the range.

there was some kind of tabletop 40k card game (an LCG?) released 'recently'
the deck types were the various races, with choice of a couple different leaders for each, I think
was it any good?

So they can shoot the pistol and then charge.

chaos is ok

>and a detachment doesn't help our awful book.
Has it been leaked yet?

I just started 40k this year and have a pretty decent Nurgle CSM/Daemons collection which has worked well but some formations like everyone else gets would be nice if they don't have terrible unit tax.

Currently all I get is a CAD and Allied Detachment that is slowly switching from CSM/Daemons to Daemons/CSM.

Which brings me to the question:

Should I run a Daemon AND a CSM Daemon Prince at 2000pts. I only have the one model and I have tried either or and I think both would be quiet hard to deal with.

I need help, they group I play 40k with is on the edge of just not playing against me. How do I convince them that Admech isn't OP, and no I don't run the War Convocation if I make a list for 1850 i want it to actually be worth 1850 not 2000+. My local meta is mostly Marines and IG with one Nid player, What can I do or tell them to make the butthurt go away?

Post your list and a summary of your collection it doesn't contain.

user, if I see a knight so help me god.

>++ Zaporozhian Crusade to the Sultan of Scintillating Slaughter ++

>++ Sultan, heretic devil and damned warp's kith and kin, slave to Fulgrim himself. What the demon kind of traitor marine are you, that can't slay a squig with your naked arse? Nurgle excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a daemonette, make subjects of Imperium sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by void we will battle with thee, fuck your primarch.

>You hive scullion, Martian cog-rust , brewer of Xana II, tyranid-fucker of Ichar IV, gretchin-kisser of Gog and Magog, grox of Sicarus, xeno thief, catamite of Eidolon, despoiled of Maeleum, and fool of all the galaxy and warp, an idiot before our God-Emperor, servitor of Horus, and the crick in our dick. Tank's track stain, ork's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unfaithful brow, screw your own corruption!

>So the Crusaders declare, you lowlife. You won't even be signing papers for the Ministorum. Now we'll conclude, for the Inquisiton has purged the date and hidden the calendar; the Eye of Terror's in the sky, the year with Holy Terra, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

>- Comissar Otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Crusade. ++

You don't, Admech/Skitarii is fucking bonkers.

>tfw our admech player is obsessed with Kastelan Robots

It is usually a fun game with him so I will let everyone new when it sours. We are all still relatively new but he runs an Ad Mech CAD and one of the Start Colellecting Formations with beefed up unit sizes.

Haven't seen any striders or infilatators yet.

So I have to buy a $30 model just so I can make 2 unofficial weapons and still be 1 short? You don't see anything wrong with this?

>Want gunline
>I hate tau
>guard/imerpium is boring and there's too many players in my meta
Guess I should just end it then right?

So I am still just got the codex but I know I want to play Salamanders.

I got a decent lot off eBay to start now and am going to make up a list.
When should I think about getting named HQs?

Currently in my collection are:

Dreadnaught
5 Scouts with Snipers
10 Devastators
10 Assault Marines
20 Tactical Marines
Chaplain with Jump Pack
Librarian

Drop Pod
2 Rhinos (one can be a Razorback)

Some are spraypainted blue and others white but they were from the same lot. The blue was sprayed over the white it seems. Including vehicles. I am trying to strip them but the small details suck.

Should I just be piling on flamers and meltas in every model that can take them for their unit?

This should get me to ~1000pts I hope so I can learn before sinking more money into anything but paints.

HQ
Tech-Priest w/ Volkite Macrostubber Conversion Autocaduceus 140

Troops
Breachers w/ Arc rifles and claws 180
Destoryers Grav and Phosphor 165
Rangers 10 man squad w/ 3 Transuranic alpha w/ conversion 215
Vanguard 10 man w/ 3 Calivers alpha w/ conversion and Pater 230

Elites
Infiltrators Flechette and Taser Princep w/ Conversion and Phase Taser 220
Ruststalker Chordclaw and Razor Princep w/ Conversion and Omnisient mask 210
Flugurites 10 man squad 180

Heavy
Onagers 2 w/ Icarrus 250
Ballistarii 55

PS I have at least one of each unit type

Having you considered something that isn't Tau or Imperium? One of the other xenos perhaps?

So what does Veeky Forums think of this army list? Warlord is IG commander

2K points
HQ: Comp cmd sq+VC - Chimera
Paskisher+EA, HB - Russ+ EA
Uriah Jacobis

Troops
5x infantry squads +VC, Priest (x2)
Platoon Cmd +VC - Chimera (x2)
5x Bolter babes - Immolator (x2)
10x Bolter babes +SI

Heavy Support
Exorcist + EA (x2)

Fast Attack
Chimera (Celestians)

Kastelans are cool if you can get the invuln bounce back, wounded a WraightKnight doing it, but the infiltrator debuff aura is way nicer IMO

Dantioch needs reinforcements

Use your infiltrators as Ruststalkers, people seem to get triggered by infiltrate more than scout. Around here at least.

Play renegades. You can have all the wyverns and artillery batteries you ever dreamed of and they make the board into difficult terrain

Anyone have any idea what would be the best way to do SM pauldrons for a Halloween costume for a 6-month old?

Would you say two units of 5 or one big unit of 10?

crons arent a "swarm" kind of firing line but they are an indestructible one that marches up the board
you can build other armies shooty too

one of ten if you are trying to tone down a bit

wanna make 1k pts of kdk
what are the army's staple models

t retard at 40k

I'd say to look into your local meta before grabbing special weapons, after all you don't want to bring flamers if there isn't a big horde army to roast, as for meltas i'd take them over flamers they're always useful.

I'll give it a shot, the community here isn't that big so I don't want to lose out on playing or be seen as That Guy

the dogs

KhorneZerkers and Bloodletters
You'll need either a Herald or Chaos Lord for an HQ

>All that stands in his path are the Imperial defences, aided by the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Blood Angels.
How likely do you think is it that Blood Angels will get a Decurion in this supplement? They're the only First Founding Loyalist Chapter without one currently.

Also, do you think we'll get some new Ad Mech formations in it too?

I play both Ad Mech and BA and I really want these.

Bloodletters. You're going to need them to summon anyways, and they're the cheapest troop choice for the detachment.

Blood Thirsters. You're going to summon them through the axe and you'll want to run them.

Khorne Dogs. Actually a good unit.

Chaos Bikers. They're okay and part of the Khorne Dog formation.

IA 16 is rumored to have Admech stuff in it, don't hold your breath for what is rumored to be recycled Crimson Slaughter

Yeah, I'm totally sure it has a bunch of Imperial formations that they just didn't want to mention. Hell, it probably has the entire combined AdMech army list in there, too.

Necrons make a nice gun line and you won't feel like an asshole if you win as long as you don't use the decurion with a canoptek harvest in friendly games.

Maybe there'll be a second book later on, similar to the Warzone books, but this one will be nothing but Chaos rules-wise.

thanks guys

So what's actually up with the Tyranid Dominatrix? I only seem to find occasional vague references to it.

Seconding Our Necron Player uses the Judicator formation and the Start collecting to add two Triarchs to his Reclamation Legion.

A unit of 20 warriors and 2x10 in Ghost Arks can pack a bunch of shots. The 10 immortals and 5 tombblades aren't bad either. It all fits well into an 2000pt list. The Stalkers up the infantry BS to 5 on the same target so screw all armor.

Those Praetorians aren't too bad either.

they're called dominators and they were dropped
you can find a little info with google

The Dominatrix IS a real Tyranid creature, its just only ever had an Epic model. They're rarely seen in fluff too.

Epic 40k had models and rules for them. Basically the step above hive tyrants, but unlike norn queens they still lead armies.

oh wow. consider me educated then
that actually looks fucking sick though
especially since it's much bigger than it looks cause epic model and all that

Well? Speak Slave! What did those Corpse Worshippers Reply with? Mercy? Defiance? Spit it out before I throw you to the daemons!

Y-yes My Lord. *Gulps*

This is hilarious. Especially comparing it to the original letter. Someone screencap this for me, please.

Can dark eldar gunline?

"No."
-The God Emperor

Eldar are too short ranged really, and I only like spamming troops, not heavy support slots
I have an ork army, and bs2 isn't a nice thing to have for shooting.
Dark eldar maybe? If they can gunline, but I'm not sure if they can.
I hate nids, bugs are gross.
Not sure if I missed any other xenos besides necrons which I'll mention
Unsure how to feel about space zombies: the faction. They're neat, they look cool, skeletons are cool, but their lore of being mindless soulless beings and being the ones responsible for fucking up everything turns me off. Always wanted to try a ceramic looking necron army
I'm a very good painter and converter but not a rich one, I don't think I could afford a renegade army, as are some point I'd need forge world.

>but their lore of being mindless soulless beings
soft retcon

lords and elites have more individuality, though the warriors are still largely just unthinking peons

Ecto Cooler-mancy

>but unlike norn queens they still lead armies.
Lexicanum claims they are battle platforms for queens though it lacks citation

Aha! I have finally taken a break from my painting Raptors and made another Monstergrill. Left monstergrill is brand new.

What model did you use for the snake half? Is it like a Naga or something? Looks like Reaper Bones and I'd be totally up for some cheap Sslyth.

Reaper Bones 'Snake Demon'. Heads are from Statuesque Miniatures, and Torso/arms/sniper rifles are from Anvil Industries.

>Want to try so many different armies
>Can't stick to one
>Barely get time to play as it is
>Just paint and wait for their time to shine

Please send help

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

HOLY SHIT IT'S NOW. MY DICK IS SO FUCKING HARD I CAN USE IT AS A STRENGTH D AP1 WEAPON.

Iktf
And I'm poor too.

That pic looks so fucking cozy

Just a moment of relaxation in the middle of a literal hell every turn you go

>paint imperials
>get like twelve different armies that all have reason to work together even on the table
feels okay

I'd like some non-snapfit cultists, though. Need a proper mob of unruly/treasonous citizens, and dark vengeance+overkill can only go so far.

Wait we're actually getting another supplement?

What are they supplementing besides garbage? How much polish can we give our turd of a book?

I bought into the hype of it, but not this time. I'm selling my chaos shit on this last wave of hype. Fuck you GW. I don't want to pay more points for shittier armed marines. And an armless leader.

That's pretty good for fan made. What are the chances GW sends a cease and desist?

You'll get Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter, Khârn, and more Khorne for the Khorneflakes, and you'll like it.

>Parading Dreadnoughts

Are the Space Wolves behind this?

sell your chaos shit and buy new kharn+khorne berserkers