/whf/ Warhammer Fantasy General - Elves Are Pansies Edition

Last thread >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Thread Topic-Why are Dwarfs so much better than Elfs?

Endhammer Dudes, if we look at the results of the strawpoll, you'll find the majority is in favor of the Kingdom of Beasts + Human Enclave. Next poll will be about High Elves. Should we wait until next Friday or start now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ironbreakers!

Would you stay here?

I've been in worse places.

its all festags and games until ratmen crawl up from the sewers.

Slayers!

>femdorfs
>fighting
REEEEEE

Dwarfs lol

But shortstacks man.

I don't sense a need to wait until Friday for the next poll. We can always re-poll the same question if we feel like this place is busier than the previous attempt.

>shortstacks

>elgi opinions

There is no such thing Victor.

Too much forehead. Face too wide. Body on point, but still.

>no beard
>Thin like a manling female
>even a bearding could wrap his beard around her, absolutely worthless as a bride
>axe looks like something the elgi would make
This is going in the book/10

Manling please.

Female dwarfs have no beards.

Do they ever explain how the fuck Dwarfs are the best at making magical items? How does the whole Rune Process work when they can't even channel magic? Every source i find just says they bind magic into their hammer craft, but never actually explains how this is done

I am just now getting into 9th age, from KOW, and I'm trying to assemble an empire army bits I have around. So far I've cobbled together: 2 captains
1 wizard
10 electoral cavalry/knightly order
21 heavy infantry
10 handgunners
10 crossbows
8 rangers.

With items and upgrades it works out to about 1000 - 1200 pts. What else should an empire army have/what should I get next? Steamtank and cannons seem obvious, but are there any other auto-includes I should be picking up?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I can't be the only one that's sad that these shortstacks aren't actually models though

Where should someone start to get into online WFRP?

this

Helpful bearmen and monkey people for ind when?

youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o

vid related.

You are

aye

I believe you were. Even if I wanted them, painting them with my poor skills would cover up the curves, and I'd never want to use them for anything for fear of ridicule.

Today my party uncovered a plot by an eerie beauty running a hotel to capture her guests and do...something to them (they started shooting before any questions could be answered) who was working with an old skaven nemesis of theirs. As the skaven was dropping AoE magic on them, simultaneously killing his own rats, I wondered - the Skaven lore is dhar-fueled, yes? So does it HAVE to use the Dark Magic Talent like the Necromancy and Chaos lores?

I thought they had their own school of magic, fueled more directly by warpstone than by dhar itself - dhar being just the raw morass of a settled sludge of magic, and warpstone being its crystallized form. Using dhar is basically ripping magic out from around you, warpstone is a solid thing that will be drained.

It raises a serious question, though - can and do female dwarfs take the Slayer oath? They're as honorable as any other dwarf.

To my knowledge, they can and do siphon off energy from warpstone (and that's when they're at their strongest), but their magic centers around manipulating the dhar. A skaven grey seer with no warpstone to snack on can still brute force magic.

Monkey-men in Cathay.

Maybe one left over bear demigod in Ind who's in way over his head after his panther demigod friend was killed by Bagha Raj.

fuck off already, go play Ironclaw

Does Veeky Forums have any groups?

I DM a game out of the sup/tg/ IRC server, where I found my players (except one). I posted a question about skaven magic a bit up-thread.

I imagine you can also find players for WFRP 2e in the gamefinder threads and on roll20. It is, fortunately, a pretty well-known system, and in my experience very easy to teach to newbies.

If they do they don't look anything like those disgusting shortstack models

Can you be a weakling faggot of a Bretonnian who thinks if he manages to fight hard enough he'll become a knight and bumbles at trying to be always brave and true?

You could absolutely play such a character, but actual Bretonnian chivalry would be offended (some of them to the point of violence) to a commoner daring to aspire to the noble vocation of knighthood.

Career-wise, you could start a lot of ways. With a civilian vocation (woodcutter, swampaire, hunter) or the generic peasant career, or the more combat-oriented man-at-arms. Of course, commoners can (and do) pretend to be Bretonnian nobility (which is how a commoner or a woman justifies going the knight-errant career path).

>aww, look at it! It thinks it's a person!

Need RPG help!

What kind of adventures or campaign plots would be fun and engaging for a group who has access to an oceangoing ship?

My 2e group just finished up a campaign arc and things are changing up drastically. We're doing a time skip (likely 1 year), during which time one PC will become an apprentice wizard, two are leaving to do their own thing (to be replaced by two new TBD characters), and one is getting his grubby mits on the ship that is rightfully his. Since that was his longterm goal from the beginning of the game, as they launch into the middle of their second careers (1,800 XP earned so far, probably 2,000 after a year skip), what can I have them do that will be engaging? They've expressed an interest in going to Norsca but IDK what they could do there without playing as the local tribals.

magic

Excellent

I'd like some thoughts on Empire for 9th age as well. I'm building an army for 8th but I don't have anyone to play with so it's just because I have the BRB. Trying to put together a roman/pirate themed army.

>What kind of adventures or campaign plots would be fun and engaging for a group who has access to an oceangoing ship?

Attacked by druchii corsairs.

Attacked by a kraken (refluffed bog octopus).

Treasure hunt, competing with multiple parties for a treasure that becomes more ominous as you lean the details of the other people looking for it.

Expedition by a fabulously wealthy academic or madman noble to somewhere like the Southern Wastes or the shores of Khuresh.

Trade intrigues with small Norscan communities: southern luxuries for valuables like amber. Involvement in the complexities of Norse culture, and their strange outlook on the gods.

Rescuing a lighthouse that has been covered in hundreds of thousands of starving rats.

Rescuing a nobleman's beautiful fiancee/daughter/sister/wife from the clutches of nefarious pirates. If you hate your PCs, make the pirates druchii. If you really hate them, have it lead to a black ark.

Capturing rare wildlife from Lustria or Naggaroth.

Warhammer female dwarfs don't have beards.

How many men make up an average imperial regiment? 100? 1000? Somewhere in between?
>inb4 there are as many elves as the plot requires

>access to an oceangoing ship?

Lucky buggers. Every WFRP GM I've had has been adamant about parties never being anything but a ragtag group of randomly generated dirt-scrabbling peasants.

They intimidate the magic into their fucking runes

Roll20

Skaven have their own warpstone drug fueled magic lore

Skaven have their own brand of spells but they still draw from Dhar. Warpstone is solidified Dhar and helps aid in their casting and increases their power. Necromancers and vampires can also use warpstone though, and Nagash got super powerful by eating a bunch of it himself

female dorfs are exceedingly rare.
they take care of other dorf children like comfy short matrons
matrons don't need to take slayer oaths
ergo female slayers are a statistical anomaly.

>Peasant, back to the hovels with ye!

>nagash despite all his pretensions was literally just a giant rat
kek, tombkeks btfo.

Warpstone isn't just for rats, get out of here impudent vermin!

Dead game Dead thread, Nagash has claimed dominion of this general

What do the other faction think about the Empire's flagellants?

like quotes or something?

why is that gargoyle appearing from that thing's ass?

You think I don't know that?

They still have no beard.

Not having a beard is the problem.

>female dorfs are exceedingly rare.

About 1 female out of every 4 dwarfs is the current gender ratio.

Are you one of those dwarfs who likes hammering runes behind another dwarf's anvil?

How does that even work?
Different chromosomal setup or statistical prenatal mortality?

I don't know why this made me laugh, but god damn you it did.

I'm leaning towards chromosomal setup, because none of the dwarf literature I've read suggests that females have a particularly higher death rate - especially given how important they are in dwarfen society.

Additionally, given that it's implied that a dwarf female likely mates for life, it's likely only 1 in every 3 dwarfs will ever have a dwarf-wife. And that 1 in 3 is probably in the nobility, all things considered.

Born the son of a dwarf chimney-sweep? Get used to your dates with Rosie Palms and her five daughters, mate.

Marry, fuck, kill
Karl Franz, Kerillian and Alarielle

Kill Karl Franz, Fuck Alarielle to death, drive Kerillian to suicide by Marriage.

>implying widows are given another husband
Either dwarfs have an animalistic metabolism of their beta status or they don't care at all about sex until they are married and "have to" or I'd guess the cases of homosexuality or interracial would be way higher that it looks from their culture.

Alarielle cheats, karl is pure, kerillian is kinky.

so kill, marry and fuck.

Sorry guys, just testing.

Daily reminder that cuckolding is canon in WHFB.

>‘Save your lies– you know that she is not yours. What a noble spirit Tyrion must be. To cuckold the Phoenix King and sire the next Everqueen? That must be why you never named him as successor

I think it's mentioned in Gotrek and Felix that a widow gets marries off to her dead husbands brother, but I can't recall for sure.

As for interracial, based on depictions in the novels there's actually a fair bit of it going on - though it's generally suggested to be depraved.

Marry no one
Fuck no one
Kill Archaon, Khazrak and Malagor
Worship Sigmar

Skaven use their own lore of horned rat I think.
For RPG puropses it was described in "Children of the horned rat" handbook, use google I'm you'll find pdf of it.

In wfrp 2 ed inhaling/eating warpstone gave +1 or +3 to CN, so powerful aid.
Sadly if you were not skaven or undead it resulted in wound and mutation.

Wish I knew and wish someone would run text in GMT+2 or not far rom it.

>Not recognising a solid Jungle Book reference that's perfectly in line with the setting that brought us Thorskinson and Itsi Bitsi.

I imagine that Female Slayers are crazy-stupid-rare. We know that the Engineers guild have their own counterpart to the Slayer oath (the Brown Trowsers), I'd imagine female dwarfs have something similar that is more specific to their position in the community.

I've had the same question. The best answer I can come up with is that Magical Runes are the permanent equivalent of whatever processes a wizard goes through to cast a spell. Essentially I imagine runes as little wizards permanently locked in the act of casting a spell.

Why no one turned Alcadizaar who killed Nagash and destroyed Lahmia into tomb kek? He was described as strongest king since Settra.

Even if his body was discovered, the curse of the sword ate his soul up.

No soul, no Tomb King.

Be KFC, marry and fuck these two.

the fellblade had quite the bad side effect I'd say

Shame because he would hate Naggy even more than Settra.

Elves are depraved souls.

I bet she cuckolded them both and child was in fact from certain prince with protecting smile.

maybe he can't return in the conventional sense, but if you want to fly a bit with possibilities we could assume the souls eaten by the fellblade are not destroyed and an adequate ritual could bind the sword (and its more dominant soul) to animate a construct.

Personally, I feel like the slayer oath is a kind of social release valve for dwarfs that might otherwise turn all spree-killer.

Dwarfs have a number of disadvantages in that department:
They live in tight-knit communities in close quarters.
They have an unequal gender ratio which might result in the alienation of young dwarfs that have no hope of finding a partner.
They have a ridiculous honour/shame culture.

The slayer oath gets the dwarf out of the hold and being useful rather than risking them running amok among their own people.
In reality, spree killers are nearly always men. That combined with the gender ratio and the logical implications mean that it would make sense if slayers were almost exclusively male, even if it's not a hard rule.

They aren't likely to since the just won't have a reason to. Though the womenfolk can fight in their own defense if they need to.

I remember reading somewhere that dwarves will sometimes take the Slayer Oath just because they know there's nothing else for them in life since they'll never have kids or anything. Can't find a sauce on it, but I found this interesting bit of lore.

You could add him to endhammer or something.

Fuck yeah, Stone and Steel. Gimme my dorf polygamy.

>tfw no job
>tfw no bros
>tfw no gf
it's a sad world the one that brings you to slay dragons because you can't slay pussy

how? if I remember correctly you are still basing it on the end times for some part, the sword was used in his reawakening I think.

if I'm left to decide how to arrange it in that setup I'd have nagash lose his middle finger in a fight against the kangz and a coven of liches retrieved it to craft a new fellblade (since nagash body would contain part of the essence).
maybe throw in something about this coven having kept contacts with the skaven since the death of alcadizzar and planning with them to oppose settra once the common enemy is defeated; whether alcadizzar would actually agree with this plan could be left doubtful but he's in as a vengeance blinded instrument to begin with, he may not care/know about the rest.

does it fit with your endhammer?

>his
nagash, I mean

That is why they fuck human women

Nobody appreciates my Jungle Book references.

Actually it's more 1 to 9

I'm aware, I'm just unsure if whether or not Skaven magic users must use the Dark Magic talent like other Dhar users. I've checked the book and it doesn't specify, which makes me assume 'no,' but I'd rather be consistent.

If you're not sure look up children of the horned rat.
It's a splatbook for wfrp 2ed that gives you all the information you need to play skaven PCs. I think you'll find your answer there

kill jester

>Next poll will be about High Elves. Should we wait until next Friday or start now?

we should wait for friday.

I do user.

I could see a failed Valayan priestess MAYBE taking the oath if they shamed their goddess.

Generally 100-2000, but sometimes as few as 18.

They don't have to, checked.
Skaven mages have dark magic or something in talents so no all of them have dark magic.