How do people lose money in crypto?

My portfolio has done nothing but go parabolic since i put money into this.

panic

You would have to be clinically retarded to lose money

FUCK OFF Matty G

poorfags BTFO

Buy high, sell low.

well...that would be every so often when bitcoin has a major correction downward, and all alt coins are also tanking by like 70%. and all exchanges are clogged and down for maintenance so you are trapped and cant get out. youll experience that soon enough.

Not really
You can get fucked for holding alts during a btc bullrun that's all it needs to happen really
Go check the btc value of any alt during a bullrun
Gg

See pic related

thats only when BTC jumps to unsustainable numbers which eventually correct to a more stable level. We want a strong reserve currency so a price hike means nothing in the long run.

It means a lot
Whipped my portfolio 70% like twice on two months
The pic I posted effort shows that hodling is a meme. If you hedl eth from march til now you wouldn't have any gains btc-wise.

FUD. I'm in profit but a fraction of what I should be.
I bought in when chinks and gooks reacted favorably. Put in 10k when it was 7k. Made a little profit, saw a "crash" and sold out. Recovered a hour later, rebought at higher than I sold. Rinse and repeat 3 times.
My weed stocks have mooned already this week, and the rest of my investments are up 10% for the year, but I'm a fucking loser at crypto.

>How do people lose money in crypto?
By holding.

What if I'm not trading and just buying?

I hate you Donald Trump pepe meming cunts. None of you know what is going to happen with Cryptos.

Don't buy ATH.

They don't buy bitcoin

>in this thread op talks about his first week of trading

>some person holds a crystal ball for a speculative financial market
A U T I S M

>LINK
>POWR
That's how I lost money. Powr, eh it was a gamble and I was expecting it. Link? Nah man that was a surprise. Did my homework to the extreme. I work in tech industry and understood the whitepaper perfectly - it's incredible. Couldn't believe that pisscoin fucked me like that. Here's where I made money:

>ETH
>OMG
>SUB
>ADA
>COSS
feelsgoodman

Seriously, just cashed out my first 6k from a $350 investment. Still have 25k left in crypto.

So you know the tech and its potential and decided to sell at a loss 2 months after the ico? Or is it just a theoretical loss?

>How do people lose money in crypto?
When the market tanks, newfags think the industry is over and sell, not knowing that it's the perfect time to buy.