>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>free DZC army builder
dzc-ffor.com/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Initial topic of the thread: If you are only here for DFC, are you now planning on possibly getting into DZC? If you are here for DZC, are you planning on getting into DFC?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post yfw hedgehogs in the wire

unfortunately for the thread topic, I'm actually into both and have been for a while. I remember trying to start a Dropzone commander thread pre reconquest phase 1 actually. It was a different time.

>hedgehog pussy
>sweet

It's time to go.

>Setting far into the future
>crewed, fixed gunplacement

ayyy lmao

I don't think that's a fixed emplacement

>man-portable AA gun, transported by APC and dropship
>fixed

Get your shit straight, friend.

In his defense, this might be the first time he's seen anything in connection to the universe.

>man-portable
Might be pushing it with that one. That thing is huge.

They gotta get it out of the Bear somehow.

A dolly would certainly help.

>crew of movers stowed away in the Bear to set up the guns

Love it.

Dave needs to become a hobbyist linguist so that we can know what the various colonial accents sound like

>what are lightweight future alloys and drill stabilizers

What exactly do drill stabilizers have to do with anything?

how does this game play compared to others? is PHR a good starting army, and are their big retarded scorpion walkers any good?

To keep them in place while maitaining a small footprint?

Drill stabilizers help long drill bits make very straight holes.

>how does this game play compared to others?
I can't really say, but

>is PHR a good starting army, and are their big retarded scorpion walkers any good?
PHR are a good army, being the slowest and toughest overall. I would say that they play more like "traditional" war gaming armies.
As for their giant scorpion, yes, it's very good; it can wipe out squadrons of lesser tanks quickly, it has anti-infantry capability, it has limited artillery capability, and it can heal itself and others.

It's an all-in-one package of "fuck you"

Dropzone commander plays a bit more loosely in deployment compared to other games. the big appeal of the game is the idea that you bring your troops on to the board in dropships, instead of deploying them before the game starts. This gives a lot more mobility and encourages more planning around air units and ground tanks being present for the battle. Thanks to that, you usually see lists being built that are a lot more versatile and able to handle any problem that could be tossed at them.
Also in thanks to its 10mm scale, things like artillery and fast moving aircraft are better represented. Instead of fast attack aircraft acting like they do in warhammer 40k, they buzz across the table before disappearing back into the sky each turn. Artillery reaches across fairly long distances, from one edge of the table to the other, with spotters lending a hand for accurate bombardment. Additionally, this is a wargame where the standard unit to play with are tanks, and that can be appealing to people who aren't a fan of the usual skirmish style of playing.

PHR is pretty noob friendly in my experience, considering their walkers are a bit more durable than other vehicles. They do move slower than other factions, but you have to pay something for having the most durable tanks and having good ranges on their weapons.

The Scorpion walkers are pretty good, but there's other options if you aren't fans of them. They're pretty heavy point sinks, so buying a lot of smaller cheaper units can work too, but as its got a lot of tools to help it be versatile in a battlefield where you're not sure on what you'll need.

The only armies that might qualify as bad for starting are resistance and shaltari, and even then I would say just pick the one you like. Most of the game's depth comes from the rules that are common to everyone.

>it has limited artillery capability
Of note*, by artillery I mean it has an indirect fire area weapon, albeit nanomachines rather than a proper ballistic weapon.

Breaking math: Seti has a 10% chance of killing a full health Hades in one turn

>post yfw Seti one shots a Hades and begins menacing your ground walkers

Ok, so was asking about Resistance in the last thread, so figured I'd ask some more questions here.

Are Berserkers any good? I love the idea of this savage horde, but I wonder if it's enough to build an army on. I saw that they just got a new transport, and one of the generals seems to be a Berserker as well.

On the other end, is the mining drill general a viable choice, or more of a gimmick? I like the idea of ambushing through the entire map(Sappers seem to be able to blow up stuff just about everywhere as well, which seems great), but I'm just curious if it actually works, or if the drills get destroyed too easy.

And in general, Resistance seem to favor swarm tactics, right? Like, shitloads of technicals just driving around, blowing everything up through weight of fire.

>his vehicle has a massive fuck-off gravity cannon
>and the disruption cannon
>and the dragon cannon
>has answers to super-heavy units, clusters of lesser units at multiple ranges, infantry, and light vehicles trying to flank him
[SCARED]

Shaltari and Scourge are not terribly noob friendly,
Shaltari because they have mechanics which differ from the base game that take some getting your head wrapped around and then there is a slight curve to remember what you can do

Scourge because they are very unforgiving, and are a bit tricky to play their units can be flimsy, and their deployment and movement is more important, making a wrong move can be more catastrophic than other factions.

Drills show up a lot in lists at top tier tournaments from what I've seen. They're great for putting a unit into a critical position and just making your opponent's day a little bad. Plus if they'd miss and end up in impassable terrain you just correct back, meaning placing it in an alley between two buildings can almost guarantee its position and have it end up well protected and disgorging an army.

Berserkers are alright, and from what I understand taking them with their custom transport can be nice. Just remember that they aren't going to be the absolute tip top tier of other armies elite CQB units (eviscerators are currently so god tier in that discussion its not even fair to other units involved sadly) but against anything that isn't those they'll do pretty great in clearing the position.

In general you're absolutely right about the swarm tactics. Technicals are so cheap and can subterranean, meaning you can get a lot of good flanking done with them. Just keep in mind that using a drill for that means the units won't be on board for a couple turns.

I disagree about the scourge. They're not really less forgiving. It's just more obvious how you fucked up.

>If you are only here for DFC, are you now planning on possibly getting into DZC? If you are here for DZC, are you planning on getting into DFC?
Had toyed with the idea of getting into DZC on and off a few times but never committed to it. Then DFC got announced and has my attention 100% (I really wish I had spending money back when the kickstarter was live) and now I'm planning to get the DZC starter set while I wait for that to release and see where it goes from there.

Interesting. I looked around and tried to throw together a list

3 Breaching Drills 150

HQ
General 150
Thunderstorm 205
Retinue 168

Gun Technical(6 units) 60
Kraken 38

Vehicle Detachment 1 228
Rocket Technical(7 units) 70

Rocket Technical(6 units) 60
Kraken 38

Vehicle Detachment 2 120

Resistance Band 1 242

Resistance Fighters(3 units) 72
Battle Bus 15
-Machinegun Battery 15

Battle Bus 15
-Machinegun Battery 15

Kraken 38

Resistance Infiltrators 1

Attack ATVs(2 units) 70

Attack ATVs(2 units) 70

Basic idea when I was looking at the rules and stuff is that I have a shitload of technicals above ground between the Retinue and the two other Krakens, while also having a shitload waiting underground to pop out. I don't know anything about the attack ATVs, but at a glance they looked like they were great at killing stuff in buildings, so thought I'd bring them so I could drop a drill close to something important, them pop them out and chem the building a whole shitload.

Kickstarter commenter purge when

Same here; I'm waiting for Hawk to put out those painting tutorials so that I can try out that Scourge naval scheme on a starter set and Desolator that I have.

Something to keep in mind with the technicals is that the Kraken is only 1" faster than the technicals themselves. the primary reason you'd have a hovercraft is to use its active countermeasures to keep your technicals and wagons from getting the shit blown out of them by usually unlimited range units firing. The list looks pretty reasonable to me, but I haven't played any resistance games and I've never used one of their drills firsthand is it's kind of hard to say whether that looks good to me.

Kraken is actually 4" faster

So, how are you dealing with A9+ across the board? PHR is going to give you a lot of trouble.

than the technicals? my rulebooks says krakens are only 10" and technicals are 9". Krakens are 4" faster than wagons if that's what you're thinking, since wagons only move 6". Don't see any mention of speed changes in the errata either.

I have no idea. How am I dealing with A9+?

Can't I Focus Fire on the rockets to crack heavier armor? Or just pour shots into them with the Shaped Charge rule?

That's an option, but that's a big gamble. The thunderstorm is awesome, but an Alexander is pretty nice, especially if you can get hull down, that Dev 2 is great.

So, is it viable to just not take Krakens and turn those points into more technicals?

Or perhaps given what the other poster said, find some anti-armor choices?

You can also used it to get yourself into position much quicker. You get your drive, your disembarks, vehicle movement, and you can still fire because of the hovercraft rules.

So, now that the UCM have a proper super-heavy tank, what are some possible variants you can see it getting?

What's wrong with them? Buncha scourge sympathizers?

No, just a bunch of whining and entitlement.
>muh we're investors
>muh kickstarter is a investment/ pre-order website

True.

I think in your list the technicals work. With Focus-2 you'll still be nibbling on units. You're just going to have to group up the technicals and focus fire them down a bit more heavily.

To give an example, say one of your rocket technical units runs into a 2 man squad of Ares. You get first shot off, and put them all into the front Ares. you'll hit 5 of the 6 shots, which allows you to focus some shots. An Ares has 9 armor, so we really want to get our damage up. we'll use Focus-2 to combine 4 shots at energy 7 into one shot at energy 13. that means on a 2+ that shot will hit and deal one damage, and on a 4+ the Ares is destroyed outright. The last shot we'll leave to shaped charge, because getting a 6 on it is fine rolling.

Lets say you get lucky and roll a 4+, or rolled a 2 or 3 and got a 6 on the second shot that wasn't used for your focus fire. Thats one Ares down, and the other fires back. It'll probably destroy one of your techincals, but its 5 against 1 now and you can probably guess how that's going to go. (stastically I think you do 1.625 damage there if my math's right)

Obviously the battlefield isn't always going to work out that way (for one thing other units that can see your technicals will probably be able to fire since they don't have countermeasures) but those 2 similar points units fighting should give you an idea that the rocket technicals aren't as useless as all that. just make sure you pick fights that you'll get to shoot first in or have overwhelming numbers on.

Gun Technicals are my next thing worth talking about.

I've got the units because they're AA troops, though I guess I don't know how important that role is. Should I swap a unit for more rockets?

No. AA is extremely important.

I'd say they're pretty good. They aren't going to be doing their maximum job (which would normally be spotting for indirectly firing storm wagons or other artillery pieces) but they'll guard your army from encroaching air units like gunships. I think 2 units of gun technicals is reasonable and that if you cut anymore you're going to end up vulnerable to everything, from fast movers to gunships like Falcons or Reavers to enemy dropships picking on your army without recourse. If you wanted to cut anything, the Attack ATVs might be what you want to cut. You cut instead bring 2 occupation veterans in a battle bus to give yourself a little more anti armor since they can reliably put together an E 11 hit and slap a unit with it.

What said.

In general, you want at least one unit of AA (one unit of AA being an AA tank squad, an interceptor, etc) per 500 points, give or take down to 2.5

For example, in a 1500 point UCM list, an acceptable amount of AA would be two Rapier squads and a squad of 4 Wolverines.

In a gigantic 2500 point game, it would probably be prudent to take around 5 units of AA.

Of course, this depends heavily on your meta.

>mediafire and not mega
you niggas need to step up your fileshare game

Mega is dead until 2017, user.

Speaking of, I forgot the phase 2 units scans in the OP.

mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf

Taking bets for double-overseer being the new Scourge meta.

I'm betting it won't. I don't think the second one will be worth the points at 1500.

works just fine for the 40k and 40krpg thread

Id consider maybe figuring out how you can throw in some occupation veterans in that list, those guys in buses will be absolutely nasty

Gonna make a bold prediction and say that this might become a popular build not only because it gives all your hunters and slayers a bunch of benefits but also because Overseers can act as your AA and let you spend points on more ground tanks. I expect a list running it to maybe run a Corsair swarm for AA and two overseers, with the goal being to have the Corsairs double tap targets while giving aerial support, and that's all. Everything else will probably end up being Slayers and Hunters with dropships.

It's pretty much the equivalent of four flying Reapers with some excellent support utility, I think it's worth the points.

Ok, what I figured

The ATVs are something I'm curious about, I just love the idea of popping them out of a drill and filling a building full of chemical gas.

The one thought I had was dropping them and downgrading the MGs on the battle busses and then bringing some of the helicoptors or some other fast moving unit.

On another note, I just read about Krell, and now I want to use him, so time to redo this.

List idea for this.

1500 Scourge army list [1490/1500]

>Oppressors
Overseer [175 points]
Overseer, Enslaver [205 points]

>Vanguard
3 Hunters, Marauder dropship 146 points
3 Hunters, Marauder dropship 146 points

>Warriors
>2 warriors, intruder Alpha 94 points

>Invasion Host
>3 Reavers, 162 points
>2 Slayers, Marauder Dropship

>Attack Swarm
>2 Corsairs
>2 Corsairs

That'll give you 2 battlegroups dedicated to Anti Air, and a shit ton of plasma shots (including all those infantry in the buildings either firing farther or double tapping their rifles which sounds nasty considering you don't lose energy on the combined shots unless that'll get errataed.)

Looks pretty good, I'd probably drop one reaver, split the remaining two into two seperate squads and take razorworms in the Slayers, however. Also, gotta make sure to use up all 6 battlegroups, broham.

Plasma Scourge
Clash: 1493/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1493/1500 pts]

Scourge Oppressors [380 pts]
Overseer: Overseer(Enslaver) [205 pts]
Overseer: Overseer [175 pts]

Scourge Vanguard [200 pts]
Hunter MGT Squadron: 3x Hunter, Marauder [146 pts]
Reaver Heavy Gunships: Reaver [54 pts]

Scourge Vanguard [200 pts]

Scourge Warrior Cabal [282 pts]
Warrior Horde: 2x Warriors, Intruder Alpha [94 pts]

Scourge Invasion Host [191 pts]
Slayer HGT Squadron: 2x Slayer(+Razorworms), Marauder [191 pts]

Scourge Attack Swarm [240 pts]
Corsair Swarm: 2x Corsair [120 pts]

In fact, I'd probably consider dropping down to one Reaver and taking a CV4

This just looks cruel. this is gonna end up rearing its head at the next major tourney, isn't it? Just too much fire multiplication, especially with all your dropships (although you're probably going to want them to extend range rather than have them double tap most times).

That seems reasonable. Oh, can we mark a warrior squad as forward air controllers? Would probably end up helping our Corsair Swarms.

Yeah, this looks pretty damn nasty, even down to a single Reaver.

Plasma Scourge
Clash: 1494/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1494/1500 pts]

Scourge Oppressors [435 pts]
Overseer: Overseer(Master) [260 pts]
Overseer: Overseer [175 pts]

Scourge Vanguard [146 pts]

Scourge Vanguard [146 pts]

Scourge Warrior Cabal [282 pts]

Scourge Invasion Host [245 pts]
Slayer HGT Squadron: 2x Slayer(+Razorworms), Marauder [191 pts]

Scourge Attack Swarm [240 pts]

Also threw together this UCM list for fun.

The Wire
Clash: 1495/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1495/1500 pts]

Field Command [385 pts]
Phoenix Command Gunship: Phoenix(Captain) [285 pts]
Falcon B Gunship Squadron: 2x Falcon B [100 pts]

Colonial Armored Formation [142 pts]
Katana Light Tank Section: 3x Katana, Condor [142 pts]

Colonial Legionnaire Corps [199 pts]
Legionnaire Flak Team: 2x Legionnaire Flak Team, Condor, 2x Bear [131 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Legionnaire Flak Team: 2x Legionnaire Flak Team [68 pts]

Colonial Legionnaire Corps [199 pts]
Legionnaire Flak Team: 2x Legionnaire Flak Team, Condor, 2x Bear [131 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Legionnaire Flak Team: 2x Legionnaire Flak Team [68 pts]

Expeditionary Group [350 pts]
Praetorian Team: 2x Praetorians, Raven A [124 pts]
Praetorian Team: 2x Praetorians, Raven A [124 pts]
Wolverine LAV Team: 4x Wolverine A, 2x Raven B [102 pts]

Special Ordnance Section [220 pts]
Broadsword Squad: Broadsword, Condor [110 pts]
Broadsword Squad: Broadsword, Condor [110 pts]

>They wanted to have the game shipped during August
>Three days left in August

Will they do it /dcg/? CAN THEY DO IT!?

jesus fucking christ, Marcus Barros is fucking aesthetic

Who else /effay/ here?

I hope so, I won't be disappointed if they don't.
Now, if we get past mid-september with no shipment, then that'll be officially three months after proposed shipping, and then I might be a bit worried,

Ok, so looked at Krell. Still kind of shooting in the dark with this though.

3 Breaching Drills 150

HQ
Krell 170

Kraken 38

Vehicle Detachment 1

Kraken 38

Vehicle Detachment 2

Resistance Band 1

Battle Bus 15
-Machinegun 15

Battle Bus 15
-Machinegun 15

Kraken 38

Resistance Infiltrators 1

Kraken 38

Berserkers(6 units) 186
Jackson(3 units) 45
Lifthawk 55

Sappers 70

Sappers 70

Resistance Infiltrators 2
Attack ATVs

I mostly put the Berserkers in here because I find them kind of interesting. Given what everyone else has said, I likely will end up switching them for the Occupational Vets unless they really strike my fancy.

Also, is Krell actually available? I can't find him on their store

Threadly reminder that PHR youths get drunk on nanomachines as a coming-of-age rite.

nah we Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums after i get Veeky Forums tho

The newest commanders in phase 2 won't have their models out just yet. I assume the sculpts are being worked on at the moment, but won't be out for another 3 months or so.

Ah.

Well, given that I'm likely going to start small, that likely fits my timeline pretty well.

Still, does Krell as a commander seem useful?

As long as you keep in mind he isn't legal in tournaments he's pretty great! Encourages a theme, lets you play with both sides of the resistance, acts as a massive tank killer if anything is dumb enough to get close to him, and doesn't cost a ton compared to other commanders which means you can rotate him out of lists and not have a massive hole to plug.

Oh, named Commanders aren't legal for tourney play?

Interesting.

Correct.

Which is also a rule 40k should use honestly, but this thread isn't the place for 40k discussion so I'll leave it at that.

yeah, they just cause way too much of a shift. You'd have to fine tune every commander, and I'm pretty sure Dave's explained that he just likes giving them big abilities that really clearly make the commanders unique and powerful. They also seem to act like testing grounds for new rules and models, considering the Broadsword and the Hera, along with the Crocodile I believe, were originally commander models. I wouldn't be surprised if Krell's warstrider, when we get to finally see it, eventually becomes an exotic weapon choice for either the Resistance or the UCM.

what the other user's have said, the commanders are more of a "big flashy OP game-changer" kind of deal that Hawk likes to mess around with, rather than properly balanced units.

Interesting. Well, with that in mind, I guess I build a list without him, and then pick him up for fun later on once he's out.

So, what's standard list size for DZC anyways? People post 1500 so that's what I assumed, but I guess it's best to check.

950 is pretty much the go-to size for skirmish games, 1500 for clash, 2500 for battle, but you can go up to 3000.

There's also rules for going 3000+, but that's where you basically append multiple armies together; for example, a 4500 point game might be three 1500 point clash armies, or a 3000 point battle army with a 1500 point clash army, or etc.

r8 this all tank shaltari list, thread.

Standard Army
Clash: 1474/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1474/1500 pts]

Gate Group [296 pts]
Eden Medium Gates: Eden [50 pts]
Spirit Light Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
Spirit Light Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
Haven Terragate: Haven [20 pts]

Court of Elders [360 pts]
Gharial Command Grav Tank: Gharial(Warchief) [210 pts]
Yari Light Grav-Tanks: 2x Yari(+Light Ion Cannon) [54 pts]
Firstborns: 2x Firstborns [96 pts]

Shaltari Swordpoint [249 pts]
Tomahawk Main Grav-Tanks: 3x Tomahawk [114 pts]
Kukri AA Grav-Tanks: 3x Kukri [135 pts]

Shaltari Warrior Clan [70 pts]
Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]

Shaltari Warrior Clan [70 pts]
Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]

Shaltari Warfist [225 pts]
Caiman Heavy Grav Tanks: Caiman [110 pts]
Crocodile Heavy Grav Tanks: Crocodile [115 pts]

Shaltari Speartip [204 pts]
Firstborns: 2x Firstborns [96 pts]

bump

yep, that's a tank list. I'm not sure if the yaris are going to put out enough damage to hold back enemy air attacks but that seems like enough to try.

Resistance noob once again. Figured my army is kind of spammy, but went and priced it and I'm looking at about 325 dollars for the 1500 list. Is that about right?

Did you take into account starter sets or army boxes? A 1500 point army should set you back around 250-275, give or take

I'm using roughly this list. The big deal is that I've got 36 Rocket Technicals and 12 Gun Technicals, which seems to be costing me a pretty penny.

Looked at the starter set, it only has a single Kraken and infantry of what I'm building, so doesn't seem cost effective. Might be worth it just to have the other things for when I expand out, of course.

Are you taking these direct off of Hawk's site? You could probably save 10-20% off via online retailers.

Just pricing, I figure it will come down, I'm pretty sure my LGS does discounts.

I'm just looking ballpark at what I'd be spending. I wouldn't buy it all at once either, I don't think.

I think someone said earlier that 950 is a small jump off point.

950 is actually pretty decent. It lets you play with different units, use command units if you've picked them up, and thanks to the skirmish force orgs things like hades or weird exotic choices are limited to 1 or 2 at most.

>scourge lists without destroyers
It's funny, I was starting to forget that destroyers aren't actually compulsory troops for the scourge, given how much you see them in lists.

Speaking of the overseer, bullshit potential exploit time: how does the overseer interact with warriors' Combined Fire rule? Can they double their shots, then swap batches of 3 hits into E11 hits?

Yes, you can use double fire for combined fire. But energy goes down for 10

This is one of the epic fails of drop zone. Units that are great and autoincloude.

AA is a joke

>Hades
>auto-include

It's great, powerful, and highly versatile; it is not an auto-include, Mr. Sheltari.

With how useful air units are, it's still pretty important.

Every game has those units.

There aren't actually that many in DZ. Most of them you can get by with out just fine. The bigger problem DZ has is units that you just wouldn't take at all.

Needs another squad of kukris and one fewer of yaris.

>Shangri-la designs a walker for slaughtering native wildlife. Names it the Cortez class.
kek