Dust Tactics

What's your opinion of this game?

I played while it was still under FFG, and I enjoy the newest rule update.

Unfortunately it had a terrible kickstarter during the brief Battlefront Miniatures partnership, and pissed off a lot of backers.

I've been digging the new North African front units, especially the Neue Deutsches Afrikakorps and the Luftwaffe

Never heard of it but the lore makes it sound super interesting
What is the game like?

Got burned by FFG being utterly shitty with the Dust Warfare expansion rules.

One of those "Roll a bunch of dice, try to get 5s or 6s, beat a threshold" kinds of games.

>Parente

/thread

Heard a lot of shit about the guy, but what has he actually done to earn the egoistical prick and destroyer of games -tags?

Well, you see, he acts like an egotistical prick and has killed several games.

The setting and design seems very similar to that Konflict 47 thing? Shouldn't you be able to use both games' minis together? I'm always mixing the two games up, anyhow. What little I know of this, seems fun tho?

The mech's in Konflikt seem better designed, but there's no reason you can't use one to proxy the other (but I think there's more of a scarcity of Dust models).

Dust has much bigger ones though? What pics I've seen posted in /awg/ looks cool.

Superior mech-waifus

And übermensch officers.

>the mechs in Konflikt seem better designed

by what metric?

I haven't seen anything it's got as cool as this, for instance

are they ever going to make more of Dust or is it just dead forever?

Those mech designs are too good to waste

It was pretty good and very fast-paced, but Parente must be a goddamn nightmare to work with, what with having fallen out with three publishers or so by now. It's a shame, in the beginnen the game had picked up quite a bit in the store, but then nothing happened, no new minis, no material for the KS backers, orders delayed eternally and the game just sort of slowly starved itself. It's a shame, I have a substantial and quite nasty Ranger force.

Supposedly there's a new version inbound, as Paolo has somehow managed to get yet another sucker to publish and distribute the game for him. How I cannot fathom, I wouldn't trust the fucker with a nickel.