Angels become mecha

Angels become mecha.
How does this affect your setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0nqfQmjv74
shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Archangels
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My summoners become shonen protagonists.

They're still incomprehensible to mind of a commoner. So nothing changes really.
But it makes the incident when one of the PCs tasted angel flesh even more bizarre.

exactly this

My setting has no angels, so nobody will be able to appreciate the increased firepower of their holy allies. It's a grimdark setting, so they'd probably hate them anyway.

It has dragons though, so there's that.

So nothing changes cuz they're still riding them?

They already are...

What do Demons become?
Also mecha, or do they become the exact opposite of a mecha?

Kaiju?

Now we can't lose. We literally have God on our side.

There aren't any angels. No analog to angels either. The Creator Being doesn't really need help so he has no heralds, servants or soldiers. Nor does He particularly want any. Nothing has changed.

Oh shit... I think you're on to something.

My paladin starts drinking.

> Your settings creator deity has been replaced with Super Galaxy Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I want this to be real.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Don't believe in yourself!

Believe in Jesus who believes in you!

What does that make Godzilla? Mechagodzilla?

What are nephilim in this setting?

Does this mean Godzilla was actually an angel

> Matthew 16:15 intensifies.

What's Godzilla doing in hell, then?

He's clearly a paladin doing his "killing devils in hell" tour.

Gary is now a galaxy-cluster-sized robot. Awesome.

I know what I'll be polymorphing into on a regular basis

Always been a fan of angelic machine aesthetics. In the case of D&D, angels are inherently lawful and the plane of pure law and many of its' natives are mechanical. It seems natural that angels, being agents of law with a bent towards morality, would have machine traits. Even those that don't look outwardly robotic would have mechanical beneath the skin. Angels should be alien and being living machines is a great way of portraying that outside of making them eldritch horrors.

Riding angels into battle becomes less symbolic, but still just as cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0nqfQmjv74

They already were. Look at the bottom of pic related.

It's Numenera. Like forty percent of them probably already were, now it's just 100%. If anything, divine inspiration becomes that much more terrifying.

A wave of panic sweeps sweeps over all the world as the worshipers of all the other gods and goddesses in the pantheon leap to the conclusion that the god whos angels already were mechanical in nature has made some sort of powerplay in heaven.

The people more intimately connected to the heavens start racing to put together exactly what happened and calm everything down before angry and terrified people in the countryside start a 3rd age of regret.

PC and PC-like individuals suddenly have drastically more work available, whether it be causing or stopping trouble.

>Matthew 16:15
>"But whom say you that I am?"
He even died for our sins.

>Chronicles of Darkness

I guess I keep playing.

Weird, considering the Great Creator doesn't really give a fuck what people do. I guess he gets hot and bothered in the presence of oppression? Bad news for the local evil empire...

Our paladin becomes half robot and can summon other robots. My character probably tries to pull him/his summons apart to try and understand how theit internal systems work.

Other than that nothing changes.

>Ad Eva
Uhhhhh....

Egil pls go. Your Goddess thinks your a complete douche

What's the source on these guys?
They look like they transform.

> Modrons, modrons everywhere

>You paladin is rewarded with a suit of enchanted mechanus gear

Shaman King.
shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Archangels

>They look like they transform
They're angelic spirits born from a car and shot from a gun. So for example Michael is a Ferrari manifesting from a 9mm bullet shot by a custom Beretta.

This sounds edgy in a really fun way!

Isn't that a bit like how it's in Bayonetta. All the demons are various Cronenberg monsters and the angels are very mechanical and armoured up?

I like this outcome

The good guys lose in the end.

I would that angel