Exalted General - /exg/

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Since no one has made a new thread I suppose I should do it

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A question, can Surprise Anticipation Method eventually render the indefinite Keen Sense charms permanently committed for no motes?

Hmm... I was planning on saying 'no' to the question but upon reading the relevant charms, I can't see why not. But there are a couple things to note:

* The things that trigger the free motes are very specific. It can't just be anything you didn't notice, it has to be a hidden threat. Additionally, as a GM, I'd probably rule that it has to be 'intentionally' hidden.

* You probably won't get enough motes on the first relevant awareness roll to make even a single keen sense technique free but you could pay them all off over time.

Well, I did say eventually.

But, dang man. Turning Charms like that into what are effectively Permanent charms is hella useful.

Also, would Eidetic Memory affect the smell and taste libraries of Keen Taste and Smell Technique?

Yup!

I was just chatting with a friend about it and we decided on classifying it as 'good but not broken' on the grounds that awareness charms are expensive and a lot of them are scene length.

Yeah, Awareness fully stocked (Unsurpassed upgrades included) lets you keep all your god-tier indefinites on at 0 motes and pays for 3m from every other Awareness Charm before Surprise Anticipation Method kicks in to further discount anything used.

And according to Miracles of the Exalted, stocked successes are non-Charm, so Awakening Eye will usually nuke at least one given Stealth roll.

The problem is that you're never going to find a Storyteller who can deal with you. It's just way too much information to potentially have access to, all the time, for either of you to keep track, and in actual play you'll be heavily gimped by the fact the build you sunk so much investment into only works when your ST remembers you're basically omniscient in a mile radius.

And taking other charms that automatically notify you of something weird in the vicinity will only make it worse

So with Dark Sentinel's Way, you can Defend Other without breaking Stealth.

Crane build of the year? Melee-kuns eat your hearts out, no-sell a Decisive someone didn't know was gonna have an extra +10 Parry (the minimum for a medium weapon, Crane Form, and Fluttering Cry of Warning) and then instantly crash them with Striking Cobra Technique with your Snake-Crane hook sword. And they just think they're seeing things. Or they're a fellow Exalt and they grind their teeth in impotent rage because you have to get reaaaaally fucking lucky even as an Awareness Supernal to catch out a Stealth Supernal.

Also - is it just me, or is Rumor of Form completely fucking broken? Fuck the -1s, this lets you reflexively Stealth for 3m every time someone, anyone, happens to miss you. Even if you're not crashing them with Unbowed Willow Meditation, this is basically a free unexpected attack followup that chains with any of the assorted horrible things associated with Thrown and Ebon Shadow.

If you ARE using Unbowed Willow Meditation, you can use this to reflexively activate Ebon Shadow for the initiative theft (additional), make your Decisive, reset to Too Much Initiative, and then reflexively end Ebon Shadow Form the next time you want to try for a dodge-crash.

Everyone keeps saying Melee is king in this game, but all they really have going for them is Over-and-Under Method and some conditional attack spam. You can't flurry on something you can't see at all, and the risk of ever fucking up an attack against Dodge or Black Claw or something is horrific. They have a nice Clash in Over-and-Under Method, but Snake, Thrown, and Brawl all have better Clashes - less likely to kill someone you could kill, but more likely to end the fight against someone who's on your level through disarm, crippling disarm, super-disarm, or not costing Willpower (Spitting Hand Technique and Intercepting Fury Smite probably shouldn't play together as well as they do).

I dunno. Sell me on swords again.

If anything MA takes a lot more investment than Melee does.

Melee could beat any of them in a clash by using Rising Sun Slash, Excellent Strike, and Hail-Shattering Practice, is the thing. Melee's clash is super cheap, too. Accuracy and economy mean a lot, and melee has both. Most of those martial arts combos you've named are super expensive to maintain, and Melee has them completely beat there; If Melee can survive your onslaught and drain you of motes, it's over.

My group's Dawn does pretty well with Brawl, specifically the grapple set.
Titan Straightening method > Raging Wrath Repeated > Crashing Wave Throw
He's been able to wreck everything I've sent at him so far, but I suspect he'll have a bad time when the group gets to thorns and he has to contend with Abyssal [Solar] Melee.

Melee loses clashes to Doe Eyes Defense basically every time, so there's at least one case where their accuracy isn't doing it for them.

Brawl clashes Decisively for a grand total of 4m, or 5m if you're using Spitting Hand Technique against a close-ranged opponent. In a defensive standoff, they outlast Melee, since they both need to be making Withering attacks. If it comes to that, Brawl has tech for improving Withering gains.

Snake clashes Withering, so +3 non-Charm dice with their hook sword or seven-section staff, and it costs them 2m, 1wp. That's 1m over. True, they don't gain the init, but you DO lose it, and they gain your break as normal.

Rising Sun Slash is really conditional and I'd love to see the math on it actually proccing.

Hail-Shattering Practice is honestly an E1 offering for the Supernal Duelist - at E2, everyone invested in clashing is going to dip it for a grand total of 2 Charms and 3 Melee.

Thrown admittedly loses Clashes to Melee...except Thrown also has a guaranteed Disarm in Sharp Feint Feint + Shadow Spark Thrust for 5m1wp, nestled around its clash, and that clash is also 1m, 1wp, and can straight-up clash ranged.

I think the early evaluations of melee were right: it is super-well-rounded and very overall effective but excels at absolutely nothing. Later claims that it has defensive mastery seem wildly exaggerated: it doesn't Defend Other better than Crane and it doesn't Clash better than anyone UNLESS Rising Sun Slash activates.

does the realm/Wyld Hunt execute wyld mutants just for being wyld mutants?

It's not really a realm/wyld hunt thing, but often yes. The Fae are scary shit and those under their influence are suspect. However, wyld mutants get a fair amount of leeway depending on the situation since they can sometimes pass off as, say, a godblooded.

Okay I think I am being dumb but what is Spitting Hand Technique ?

Charm from Miracles of the Exalted. Thrown 3, no prerequisites, pay 1m to reflexively draw/ready "anything you can reach and lift."

Combined with Intercepting Fury Smite, which lets you drop Brawl's clash cost down to 4m, 0wp, 1i (because improvised) if you use and discard an improvised weapon - which you can immediately ready again reflexively.

>What is Exalted?
Soon to be replaced by Scion.

Will never replace. Even if it's good, the audience is separate. Scion looks like Exalted from a distance, but it offered a very different experience. Even in the Scion games I played in my head, where the system wasn't hot fucking garbage where you had an entire Pantheon whose special power was "fuck a dice cap" right beside the one whose trick was "cut yourself or other people for some kind of mild benefit that is literally not worth the time it took you."

Additionally, from what I understand, Scion isn't going to use the same combat system as exalted.

this is the one where you roll a 12-dice pool and then add 32 successes every Dexterity-based action ever for no cost, and if anyone else couldn't do that they just instantly died, right?

that's your Exalted killer?

is this also the one where the sample protagonist has high strength, low dexterity, and a revolver that doesn't add anything to damage and is aimed with dexterity?

in the ruleset where not using a weapon that adds an attribute is like playing a Dawn who can't purchase Charms?

That's what I meant by it being hot garbage. It had the worst combined attributes of WoD and Exalted, a system with Exalted's Dex-is-godstat but Wod's frivolous disregard for moderating power.

And an exponential success-adding system.

And tons of cool WoD-style powers you could never purchase because if you fell behind on your exponential success-adders the same thing happens to you that happens in Exalted if you don't have an Excellency or PD, but more so by orders of magnitude. LITERALLY orders of magnitude. Like, the enemy's attack roll results have more digits than your DV by two fucking columns.

>Yeah, Awareness fully stocked (Unsurpassed upgrades included) lets you keep all your god-tier indefinites on at 0 motes

How? Unsurpassed lets you have a 1m discount for each sense, minimum 1.

Surprise Anticipation Method whittles them all to 0 over time.

The Unsurpassed bonus stacks per Charm, so with all three Unsurpassed techniques you have three (1m for sight, 1m for hearing/touch, 1m for taste/smell) except since they universalize upon the purchase of the third it just becomes 3m, minimum 1.

But Surprise Anticipation Method is what brings the Indefinites down to 0.

>Melee loses clashes to Doe Eyes Defense basically every time, so there's at least one case where their accuracy isn't doing it for them.
You really don't understand how good Melee's accuracy boosters are if you think a mere -6 will change the balance of power.

As Melee is a clash build, they have paired light weapons. I don't know if unarmed counts as paired light weapons but let's say it does. So Melee is rolling 19 dice (10+1+6+8-6 for DED) + 1 success, and Black Claw is rolling 27. Melee has Excellent Strike, Hail-Shattering Practice, and Rising Sun Slash; Black Claw has Doe Eyes Defense.

Melee wins, ~57% of the time; Black Claw ~35%; and they tie the remaining ~8% of the time. Even if Melee is using paired medium weapons, it's ~48-44-8.

>Rising Sun Slash is really conditional and I'd love to see the math on it actually proccing.
It procs constantly. With a pool of 23d (spec + medium + full ex + ES), it procs 75% of the time. Even with the 17 pool above, it procs a little over half the time.

Man Alchemicals are fucked. Not even Ink Monkeys ever gives them any of the promised Essence 6+ charms.

>Melee wins, ~57% of the time; Black Claw ~35%; and they tie the remaining ~8% of the time. Even if Melee is using paired medium weapons, it's ~48-44-8.
This is at E2, btw. It gets worse the higher your Essence goes.

For example, at E4, a Melee character making decisive clashes against a Black Claw stylist making withering attacks (so 15d versus 27d, remember the paired weapon clash bonus applies to decisive) wins ~54%, loses ~39%, ties ~7%.

What I'm saying is: Melee's clash boosters - HSP and RSS - are really fucking good. Stupidly good. Especially with ES.

I don't think they stack like that. Each Unsurpassed gives a 1m discount on the Charms based on the sense in question, they normally would not stack since they cannot they are mutually exclusive. However when you get all of them the 1m discount then applies to every Charm, a bonus designed to include the Charms that aren't based on only one sense like Sensory Acuity Prana.

The Surprise Anticipation Method cheese still works but the Unsurpassed 1m discount stacking doesn't I think.

I would say that it does. Each Unsurpassed adds the 1m discount to its Keen charm, and if all three are active, each Keen adds that discount to all Awareness charms.

That does seem to mean 3m discount to all Awareness charms.

Hopefully Scion 2E will be better.

Essence 6+ charms are a mistake

3e is boring.

How does that contradict me? 3E even has Essence 6 charms right there in the core.

>When Keen Sight Technique is active, any sight-based Awareness Charm is reduced in cost by one mote, to a minimum of one. If the character has learned all three Unsurpassed (Sense) Discipline and activates all three Keen (Sense) Techniques, this discount applies to any Awareness Charm.

>This Charm follows the special activation rules of Unsurpassed Sight Discipline (p. 271), discounting the cost of taste and smell effects instead of those which enhance sight.

>Unsurpassed Hearing and Touch follows the special activation rules of Unsurpassed Sight Discipline (p. 271), discounting the cost of hearing and touch effects instead of those which enhance sight. This Charm can never discount the cost of its own techniques.

The text is somewhat hazy but I believe extending the 1m discount to all Charms is a more logical way to read it and it follows a much more balanced power curve.

The first one states you have a 1m discount to Sight based Charms, then a second statement extending this discount to all Awareness Charms provided you have all 3 Keen Sense Techniques on. Each other Unsurpassed Sense uses the same rules but replaces the 1m discount to sight with 1m discount to X, otherwise it follows the Special Activation as normal.

1/2

Since the only time the Special Activation rules can come into play would be if all 3 are activate there are no other edge cases that need to be accounted for, so the "same discount" would be the aforementioned 1m discount. If was truly 1m per Unsurpassed that would be written in there instead. So if you rewrote the Special Activation it would look like.

>When Keen Sight Technique is active, any sight-based Awareness Charm is reduced in cost by one mote, to a minimum of one. When Keen Taste and Smell Technique is active, any taste or smell-based Awareness Charm is reduced in cost by one mote, to a minimum of one. When Keen Hearing and Touch Technique is active, any hearing or touch-based Awareness Charm is reduced in cost by one mote, to a minimum of one. If the character has learned all three Unsurpassed (Sense) Discipline and activates all three Keen (Sense) Techniques, this discount applies to any Awareness Charm.

The last sentence doesn't reference activating each individual one gives the discount but rather when you activate all 3 "this discount", the 1m, is now applied to any Awareness Charm instead of just the individual sense based ones, emphasis being on the any.

As for the balancing aspect of it, reducing all Awareness Charms by 3m minimum of 1 would mean only 2 Charms would have a mote cost high than 1 which seems a bit much. As most of the Charms are low cost, most lying in the 1-3 mote range a 1 mote deduction to all Charms is still beneficial.

2/2

Them all being active at the same SHOULD make the other Charms completely cheap, because the senses are so supercharged at that point, the other Charms have little actual work to do, so don't require much Essence to function.

Fluff wise it might make sense but you can make anything make sense fluff wise, balance wise it is a HUGE bonus you get for free after collecting them all. It's not like you bought a whole Charm to get the discount, you bought 3 Charms, you probably wanted anyway, that all do their own thing on top of the discount, but then when you get all three you are suddenly tripling the discount you receive. A bit much.

Looking through let's break the Awareness Charms into their groups based on sense or general Charms that would cost more than 1m and could receive a discount.

>General
Sensory Acuity Prana
Awakening Eye (?)
Eye of the Unconquered Sun (?)
>Sight
Unswerving Eye Method
Inner Eye Focus
>Taste and Smell
Genius Palate Summation
Foe-Scenting Method
Scent-Honing Prana
>Hearing and Touch
Eyeless Harbinger Awareness
Knowing Beyond Silence
Dedicated Unerring Ear

Awakening and EotUS are in general because they don't depend on any single sense, the latter going so far as to say it can be used by a blind Solar.

So we see here there's actually a nice grouping, each Unsurpassed gives you 2-3 Charms that are discounted which, when you collect them all, gives you 3 more Charms that are 1m cheaper. Going from 5-6 Charms at 1m discount to 11 Charms at a 3m discount is far, far too much gain from merely completing the set. Again, these Charms provide bonuses besides these, having them provide such a powerful set bonus is, I believe, against the intended reading of the text.

if autochthon has titan cancer because his thing is doing the impossible and one of them dying is impossible.... is some part of him able and possibly equally destined to resurrect the dead?

Dude what? No, that's not Autochthon's "thing."

Autochthon is a craftermaker. Like other craftermakers in mythology (like, you know, Hephaestus) he is physically fucked up. That is why he has supercancer.

Also he is both the computer and the location "Autochthon" in Mage: the Ascension

Just because he made exaltations doesn't make "impossible shit" his theme

Can you choose not to listen to an Infallible Messenger? Considering sending a five minute long high pitched REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to the Empress

>implying the Empress would leave herself vulnerable to sorcerous communications of any sort

But can you refuse to hear them?

>creates a Solar Circle version
Stop that one, Your Redness.

The circle of the spell would be immaterial to a well-designed Working

Rules don't say either way. Treat as social influence trying to inspire annoyance, I imagine, and since it can't be enhanced by Charms, it'll just get blown out by her Resolve.

Looks like my circle has a new hobby

!ᴿᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱ!

You do realize Infallible Messenger can't cross the boundaries between dimensions, right?

>implying she's left Creation

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>implying she hasn't coated herself in a thin layer of the Well of Udr, banishing assassins and sorcerous links to other worlds

You can use project your senses through the messenger and Awareness or Investigation charms if it's you control spell. Just in case you want to actually gather intel when tormenting the Empress or just look at the pained expression she makes as you bother her for the tenth time in one day.

>implying there's anything a DB can do to stop a Solar on a mission

Charms? More like not even saying how their colossi forms work

Awakening Eye doesn't let you store successes, it doesn't function at all like Living Shadow Preparedness. Its just a full excellency with cascading 10s for 5m 1wp.

Further more, that stealth errata hidden in a dev commentary is game breaking, and I don't allow it in my game.

>Hail-Shattering Practice is honestly an E1 offering for the Supernal Duelist - at E2, everyone invested in clashing is going to dip it for a grand total of 2 Charms and 3 Melee.

You cannot combine MA with melee to enhance a clash, you're picking one or the other. In any case, Black Claw is unarmed only and totally incompatible with any style that uses a weapon. Excellent Strike + Hail Shattering will cream Doe Eyes Defense on a clash.

>I don't know if unarmed counts as paired light weapons but let's say it does.

They do not

I thought they did, source?

The weapon isn't "Fist," you don't have two of them, you just have one Unarmed weapon representing all punches, kicks, headbutts, etc.
>The most basic of all weapons, this “weapon” models strikes and kicks made with the character’s fists and feet.

Do we know what happened to Lilith's Solar Mate's exaltation? Was it taken by the Yozi or the Neverborn?

It's Swan, right?

YOU are a mistake

>Awakening Eye doesn't let you store successes, it doesn't function at all like Living Shadow Preparedness. Its just a full excellency with cascading 10s for 5m 1wp.
Really?
> every rerolled success adds one to a pool of automatic successes the Solar may use to detect hidden opponents until combat ends.

Oh right. Yeah, it creates a small pool of stored successes (average 2) that last for the combat.

Its good, but not insane like LSP which doubles all your successes and stores them.

Yes, Desus' Exaltation was not one of the ones taken by the Yozi or Neverborn.

Swan is where it ended up in canon.

Hey guys, how do you feel about the combat and charms in 3e?

I'm coming from 1e, and looks like there's a shit ton of charms, some not being much better than "make 7s/8s/9s count as double successes."

For combat, I can already see a party crushing a single opponent with withering attacks, even if this opponent might be considered "boss" level.

She's a sorceress, she can probably counterspell it.

A party crushing a single opponent is only plausible if that opponent has no way of refreshing their DV. Which is why having a battle group or a pair of lieutenants is dandy if they lack that.

You'd be surprised how much of a high soak can make you an utter dick.

The only thing I think needs buffing are heavy weapons. Their accuracy loss isn't worth the extra damage.

The games I've been in have done the houserule of instead of 5/3/1 accuracy going down it drops by 1 instead so its 5/4/3

That just makes medium weapons even better lol.

Heavy Weapons are fantastic at clashing.

And like, the only tree that lets you use heavy weapons is Melee, which has no problems with accuracy enhancing. I think heavy weapons are in a good spot.

>Heavy Weapons are fantastic at clashing.

They literally aren't, because Accuracy is a part of Clashing too.

With the +2 bonus for being Heavy, they match a single Medium weapon (+2 vs +2) and lose to a Light (+4 vs +2), and lose HARD to a twin-wielded either (+4 or +6).

Parity with medium weapons in terms of accuracy and 2 more damage is fine. How common dual-wielding is is a matter of taste, but its pretty uncommon in my game.

"fine" is not "fantastic," especially since, as you said, clashing is kind of supposed to be a Heavy weapons' thing. They shouldn't be losing to Light weapons at this.

Its better than non-dual wielded weapons in decisive clashes, which is the only kind solar melee can easily make. +2 non-charm dice is fantastic for decisives.

So in 3e how well does creating a character that focuses heavily on both sorcery and crafting work. Am I splitting my focus too much?

Nah. Sorcery doesn't require a lot of focus, honestly; it's a super cheap buy-in for pretty big benefits.

Craft is similar-ish; it only takes 4-5 Charms before you're good enough to build Artifact 5s, but it costs you a fair chunk of craft points, so further investment is going to be about making it cheaper and easier.

Well Sorcery requires a single Charm at Essence 1, 3, and 5. There's a Charm in Miracles that gives sorcery a dice trick but otherwise you just need high Int and Occult. You'll want high Int anyway for Crafting then you can spend the rest of your character resources investing the fuck out of crafting, that shit is pretty deep.

ATTENTION

Please replace the URL
>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill

With
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing

For some reason the one in the OP is not updating as frequently and is set to View Only as opposed to Comment Only.

Whoever makes the next OP please make this change.

what happens to an inner world when its infernal dies?

It likely just ceases to exist, and everything that he created to inhabit it does the same. The question "what happens to everything in it that doesn't originate there" remains.

Hey, is there anywhere that someone's deconverted/plain-text'd the assorted QCs, specifically the animals?

I know the math for accuracy doesn't actually work but I am basically looking for tyrant lizard stats to mess with for a 3-dot familiar that is not a tyrant lizard.

Accuracy is only a part of Withering clashes, which only Snake stylists have access to. Decisive clashes get no accuracy bonus, and those are the ones Melee, Brawl, Thrown, and Archery use.

Sorcery fits on every character, even crafters.

As a crafter, though, be aware that that will literally be your sheet. Whereas the Dawn has two Combat abilities, two social Abilities, and a just-for-fun with three Charms each, you're, like...what's the minimum reasonable start investment in Crafting if you don't just stop at CNNT and call it good for basic projects, like 10 Charms? 12?

Anyone can clash people by delaying to their action and clashing them with a withering attack.

Yeah, but, anyone can dual wield medium or light weapons.

Especially Crafters, considering that Craft (First Age Artifice) and all types of Magitech require Sorcery.

While we're on Craft, does anyone know if the Craft rewrite by Sanctaphrax is any good?

In fact most light weapons come paired, and we can surmise that Artifact hook swords are, like their mundane versions, also medium and paired.

Sure, but that's a sucker's game. Unless you know they're willing to clash you're paying Initiative to hurt yourself, and most fights in Exalted aren't duels, and if it IS a duel then they just counter-delay until you run out of Initiative - since you delayed first.

It can't be worse. Sanctaphrax is sort of a faggot, but so are people who play Exalted to build shit no one cares about. Sounds perfect.

I don't subscribe to the "I delay to your action, you delay a tick down, we blow all our Initiative together" interpretation of delaying, as it is retarded and makes intentionally clashing someone completely shit.

As a setting conceit, I would not make dual-wielding paired weapons common. I don't like the idea that everyone dual wields double swords/spears/axes/etc because its mechanically advantageous.

There is only like 1 antagonist in the book that uses paired weapons. Its not like Exalted is a pvp game and you're going to fight opponents optimized to beat your specific build.

>they're stuck in the past

>people who write fixes for objectively awful and broken systems for free are faggots

You wonder why the Exalted playerbase is a cesspool of cumstains nobody wants to play with, until you watch them talk about each other.

It is. That's why Clash Charms are real and only Snake has one for Withering.

It doesn't matter about your setting conceit, heavy weapons are still shit. It is insanely common for player characters to dual-wield light weapons and that's the only statistic that has any relevance.

A half-retarded Dawn spasm build can solo literally everything in the Antagonists section that isn't Ahlat or Octavian, and a good one removes "Ahlat and Octavian" from the list of exceptions. But some day there will be Abyssal antagonists without QC rules, and if you're packing a heavy weapon to that fight, you're statistically likely to get fucked, clashes or no.

The accuracy penalty is just too much. Medium weapons are only good because of their parry bonus. Heavy weapons have nothing to make up - their sole useful bonus is replicated by every light artifact weapon in the book except the direlash.

It doesn't matter what you like or don't like, if you want to play an inferior character you can, you can play a straight gimp if you like, and you can probably still beat QCs regardless...but if you care about being able to face a Dusk on equal footing, no heavy.

>they're stuck in the dream of Scion not fixing roughly half of what made it unplayable, introducing many new fun toys and ideas, but not fixing the other half so it remains forever unplayable

He's not a faggot for writing a Craft fix, user. But you are for whiteknighting him, holy shit. Exalted's fanbase is exactly identical to every other fanbase except that it fights desperately to be more welcoming to women and minorities despite the fact that of the few of them that can roleplay, none of them can for whatever uncertain non-cognitive social nurture thrive with high-complexity mechanics. Maybe it's just too many TV shows telling them being competitive about anything, even their imaginary competence vs. the guy whose job it is to play Sauron and the mook squad, is inherently wrong. Who knows.

Veeky Forums is a cesspool of cumstains nobody wants to play with, but that's across all generals.

fa/tg/uys, I have a conundrum.

I want Familiar 3 but I don't want a tyrant lizard.

What kinds of things can I get with it? I'd like something that can talk, but I really want human level intelligence even more.