Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Everyone say goodbye to our beloved princess, Forrest! She's taking an extended leave from DSP, so let's hope things work out. Remember that her last act in DSP was making kitsune great again in Bloodforge: Infusions. Send her fluffy tails!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/feats.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First to mourn Forrest's passing.

docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing

Ok, did some dicking about with Kitsune Tails. Trying to make them worth taking long term without making them utterly dominating early on.

It's a first draft and feedback is highly appreciated.

Second to mourn Forrest's passing.

Honestly that actually sounds great. Did some digging and then added another age table.

Less so, but yes. Yes.

Ooh, what if I make a former knight of Choral the Conqueror that has risen from his slumber to set things right in the Kingdom of Brevoy?

Stop.

I hope Forrest will still be around unofficially.

On a side note did anybody else notice that an ethumion is not only a perfect mobile food source for the new kitsune but also vamps?

>Did some digging and then added another age table.

It is now possible for a 900-year-old, venerable kitsune with eight iterations of Magical Tail to have a grand total of *18* tails.

With an external method of agelessness, such as certain high-level class talents or Sun Orchid Elixir, one could have a thousands-year-old kitsune with a truly prodigious amount of tails.

How do VMC work?

If I VMC Cleric, can I get Inquisition instead of a Domain?

If I'm a Witch/Bard/Oracle with Channel Energy, can I use Cavalier (Order of the Star) VMC to get a better channel progression?

Ah, whoops. Didn't mean for them to infinitely grow tails, sorry. Also, adjusted the stuff for huli jing or timeless people to not stop growing their extra tails.

>for a maximum of 17 tails, if they took Magical Tail eight times

Holy shit, 17 tails. Will some other DSPer step up to fix Magical Tail?

That's good-we were on the verge of something equal parts silly and terrifying.

Trapped in an ever-expanding ball of fluff. Truly a fate worse than death.

While you are at this, what of my concern regarding fox size in and swans in >> ?

I hope you're gonna be okay and that whatever stuff is up smooths out soon, and that things go well, Forrest. No idea what's up, but you've got this shit. It will be alright, and there's people around if it isn't.

I like that there are cute anime girls with cute animal ears here.

Fox size is an oversight. I've adjusted the wording. Also adjusted it for the aging stuff, since having 9 tails feels iconic.

For swans, I recognize that, but the swan tengu were written based on the modern swan mythology more than anything else, being effectively elegant dire geese.

Scrub here.

I was looking for some of the archetypes in Horror Adventures but I don't see them on d20pfsrd. Is this just because nobody's put it up there or because it's not considered "free" or whatever. Not really sure how Paizo handles that.

On a related note, anybody have the Horror Adventures PDF?

The fuck is "modern swan mythology"?

Really? Because I prefer the large breasts.

Horror Adventures is in the top post. The d20pfsrd is like 2 people so they don't update quickly.

Thanks, that means a lot, even from an anonymous person on the internet. For people who were wondering or worrying: I'm fine, nothing's particularly wrong, there's no need to worry. I'll still exist and probably be around to post on forums and in threads here.

There's just some personal stuff that will keep me from being able to write things for DSP in the forseeable future.

The words my tired brain substituted for "urban legends and 'common knowledge' about swans."

Ironically, the new kitsune doesn't let you be a kitsunemimi.

The dream is ruined ;_;

>Because of telltale foxlike features (such as a poorly concealed tail or sharp fangs), a kitsune with this racial trait only gains a +5 bonus on Disguise checks to appear fully human when in their human form.

We are leaving it up to the player.

Does this mean you might come back to the IRC? Problems have been getting taken care of, and people miss you.

>Forrest taking an extended leave from DSP
>Session got canned early and might get retconned, despite the fact that it was almost shaping up to be one of the best sessions so far
>had to say goodbye to my nephew and niece again, and have no idea when I'll get to see them again

Can today just end already, before something else happens?

So guys

I want to make goblinoids cool. What ideas should I look into?

A caste system of goblinoids?

>Goblins are serfs, peasants, and farmers
>Hobgoblins are warriors and soldiers
>Bugbears are spiritual leaders, knights, etc.

Where do other "monster" races fit in here? Could orcs be in the same class as Hobgoblins, Gnolls as an "outsider" caste? What have YOU done to change up the typical cannon fodder mooks in your games?

Sucks bro, sucks real hard.

Is it okay if I send you a kitsune girl/boy dakimakura?

Swans man.

They're freaking vicious.

Nearly had one try to peck my leg off when I was 15.

Don't feel bad, user. It's not goodbye, and hey, maybe once people have had a chance to talk and realize that there's nothing to worry about, the game will pick right back up where it was. And think of it this way-if you don't know when you'll see them next, then you'll always see them sooner than you expect.

What is the best AP to run if I want to enjoy the sweet embrace of death?

>Party gets seperated because the monk decided to start a fight with 500 soldiers.
>Barbarian SOMEHOW got a dragon mount
>3 Dread Wraiths find me (A cleric), the barbarian and the dragon
>Knowledge religion
>Fuck this shit
>we take off on the dragon, running, due to it being afraid of being shot down due to nearby town
>Fuck
>Kill 2 with holy smite and lucky hits, but one gets 2 attacks off taking down our con
>I know im going to die, theres no doubt about it
>Use my last act to cast heroic aura on the barbarian
>After I waste away, she gets the last hit and destroys the monster

Im going to miss my cleric.

Kitsune should have a number of tails equal to the highest level of spells they can cast.

That and NPC kitsune gain one level in a spellcasting class for every 50 years they're alive.

Local Police Station

I like that, I made a Kitsune that just died, see but my DM liked the deity i picked which had a symbol of 9 pointed swords so they gave me 9 tails, which was neat too.

I don't know what the most ridiculous character concept you folk have come up with has been, but I'm currently running a Half-Orc Paladin/Alchemist Gestalt, and the DM gave each of us a magic item.

I got a ring that gives me immunity to fire, so I'm going to learn to develop a trigger and rig myself up to Jihad my opponents with several bombs. I'm excited.

I'm planning on a Hobgoblin Warpriest that wants to take control of Numeria and use the technology to build Not!The Holy Roman Empire but for goblinoids.

When are we getting a kitsune foxfire kineticist archetype, EhnJolly?

Maybe a kitsune foxfire warlock vigilante? Kitsune work well as vigilantes...

The DM decides what friggin' level NPCs are anyway.

What a fantastic plan.

I also have a 3rd edition Fighter/Sorcorer who only wants knowledge. He also is NE, so will gain this knowledge through whatever means, up to and including eating a Lich's heart whole, if given the opportunity.

But the Half-Orc may turn out more fun.

I'm still wondering what to throw in my new junk, but much like EZG, I don't like racial archetypes.

The best chance of that happening is me getting on a project that involves kitsune, which is pretty damn unlikely.

I want to run a thievesy guild game, what are some good adventures about criminal underdogs? What are some good ways for getting the group together?

Write an archetype themed around foxfire and illusions that can be taken by anyone, obviously.

Do this please. Tails should be a mark of threat level, not just of age.

If a low-level group runs into a kitsune with nine tails, they should realise it's at least a 17th-level wizard and panic appropriately.

That's honestly more likely. Maybe it'll make it into KOP as some kind of light/fire fusion archetype.

Why were you playing a pure caster cleric, much less a kitsune cleric?

>Only spellcaster kitsune get more tails

Nah

That's honestly something that feels needlessly restricting of concepts. I think that'd make a decent setting houserule, but it's not something we're going to codify in Bloodforge.

Why is /pfg/ actually /kitsune general/ lately?

>Level 1 kitsune commoner has nine tails and -6 Str/Dex/Con.

FORREST DID IT.

He and his weebs should go and stay go.

They have wanted to [touch fluffy tail] for a long time, it is only now focused to a razor's edge of degeneracy.

People really like their furries. They won't admit to it, but look at this thread.

>kitsune foxfire warlock vigilante

Funny story on that, actually... I was debating if the vigilante archetype homebrew I have as a WIP should stack with the Warlock or not.

I didn't say it should just be age either you fuckstick.

It's not even furries.

Its ferocious weebs who like to pretend their 'humans with ears' waifus are in any way interesting, using 'muh mythology' as an excuse.

I'd be happier with furries.

ok

You want an army of fat guys RPing as sexy cat girls with tragic backstories, you go right ahead. I'm happier with shitty Kitsune.

>Sworn Secrecy (Ex): A zenko cannot be magically forced to reveal the details of a message or duty they have received with their celestial messenger ability, even if an effect would normally cause them to do so. This ability even protects against compulsion or dominate effects, allowing the zenko to ignore orders to reveal the secrets in question. This racial trait replaces agile.

This almost certainly does not seem as valuable as agile, given that Acrobatics is a good skill. Perhaps a +1 bonus to Will saving throws against charms and compulsions (if not mind-affecting effects altogether) would not be out of line?

Oh yeah, cuz fat guys rping as sexy foxgirls with tragic backstories is so much better.

Fair point.

Yeah, that seems fair. Zenko lost a bit more than the others anyway for their plot coupon ability.

Was not a pure caster, but was about the only thing I could think of at the time on the back of a dragon, and I just wanted something out of the norm, it was fun as hell while it lasted.

Go away, Demose.

That's a big tail.

>player asks for a sexy kitsune sorceress cohort
>give player exactly what they asked for
>never mention that she's actually a huli jing kitsune

Is this too cruel?

Don't be an asshole, user.

... welp...
that mental image is permanently burnt in.

thanks Veeky Forums, you've utterly destroyed both catgirls and foxgirls for me

>huli jing
That tells me nothing

Kitsune that eats your con with an intimate act.

The best new race for your kitsune foxgirl waifu (male)!

see last link of

If I'm the one to do that to you, then welcome to the internet bro.

Would you shut up about that (male) bullshit?

I know I'm reposting this, but am I capable of taking the Multiattack feat as a druid? My GM argues that I can't, and wants a direct source from the rules. He argues that I don't have three natural attacks all the time, so I can't take it.

>Some feats have prerequisites. Your character must have the indicated ability score, class feature, feat, skill, base attack bonus, or other quality designated in order to select or use that feat. A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he gains the prerequisite.

>A character can't use a feat if he loses a prerequisite, but he does not lose the feat itself. If, at a later time, he regains the lost prerequisite, he immediately regains full use of the feat that prerequisite enables.

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/feats.html

You can have a feat even if you can't use it all the time.

There isn't a hard ruling.

By RAW, you can't take it.

What people often talk about RE: 24 hours is extrapolation from belts of +stat, where it counts for prerequisites after 24 hours. Even going by this (Admittedly houserule), you wouldn't be able to qualify since Wildshape doesn't last long enough.

Even though is right and you can HAVE feats you no longer qualify for, and they deactivate until you qualify again, RAW there's still the issue of getting them in the first place.

What a shame. Now arises the question, how do I permanently gain three natural attacks as a race with none?

Orcs are orcs, goblinoids only include goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears. Bugbears are naturally leaders among goblinoids and goblins and hobgoblins vie for minor leadership roles. Since they are chaotic evil entities a caste system might seem counter intuitive to their nature. They organize but never exceptionally well.

I like it as a houserule, but mostly because I feel it would tie into the needlessly complex and obnoxiously convoluted trickster spirit rules for interesting plots.
It's like differentiating cleric level and ecclesiastical rank, except the rules are there as suggestions and everyone is cheating as hard as possible.
After all, it's a society of shapeshifting rogues. The only serious crime is being caught and not getting out of it with style.

Hobgoblins are LE, Bugbears are NE, orcs and gobbos are CE.
I could see sticking them as client states under hobgoblin notrome, but I'd rather just give them their own deal.
Share out your cannonfodderness among playables and nonplayables evenly, or as called for by the story, then equally reward bypassing trouble as well as murdering your way through it.

I do like huldras, but the kitsune stuff is kind of in overdrive lately.

DSP has a weapon enchant that gives combat feats, use that to stick multiattack on an amulet of mighty fist.

You mean like the Training enchantment from Inner Sea Intrigue?

I'm pretty sure Training's a 1pp quality, dude.

The rest of bloodforge II is
>Incarnum specific bird/batmen and snakemen, and actually only variants of those
>A bunch of feathery gits
>Living armor
>Crystal Gems
>Some kinda psionic half harpy (so 1/4 bird???)
>Two waifu races we've known about and seen for months already

It's really the only thing with an actual mythology to argue about.
My suggestions for stuff to add
>Feat chain to let coreids partially or fully discorporate (either to squeeze into anywhere their core could fit or turn their finger into POCKET SAND)
>Bizarre style feat to let astreidi activate spell trigger items inside their armor, since they're mostly hollow
>Advanced talents for the deciever rogue, and possible fluff that it flattens out your facial features like pic related
>Something that actually makes me give half a shit about entoli

Coreids and the living armors are neat as fuck though.

It's one am, I'm not feeling great, my campaigns pretty much view DSP as first party so things get strange, and my brain is barely working for other reasons. I fucked up, sorry.

For you.

No problem senpai, it's late and we understand.

And now to be paranoid about if you're one of my friends (they actually call me that, through not fault of my own).

But the background is "They just kind of pop up and explore", where the foxes have the potential for a whole society behind them.

I suggest pitching concepts for example characters.
Kororath Daevic specc'd for silly grappling, with a magic amulet that summons cubes of freezing cold water so he can abuse his swim speed and breathholding, wearing a mask based on his Leopard Seal totem

Hey all, who's ready for the second round of the Legendary Vigilantes playtest, the crimson edition! I'm going to say it'll be open for 3-4 weeks, but at the moment, that's the time frame for this.

Remember, you can comment on the doc, this should include all of the content you'll need for the Warlock. And remember, only YOU can be a hero!

docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

What's a Kororath?

Good.

Read through the bloodforge: infusions playtest.

>our beloved princess, Forrest
BACKUP princess!

Goodnight, sweet princess. ;_;

Arcane trickster is still tier 1 right? Is it worth playing one? Stright Wizard is probably stronger but I feel like Arcane Trickster would be more fun as a concept.

2 or 3, if only because you have to play a bad class to get the sneak attack needed.