Other urls found in this thread:

lomion.de/cmm/_contents.php
koboldpress.com/kpstore/product/tome-of-beasts-for-5th-edition/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>go to SMT wiki
>reskin dnd monsters as SMT monsters
>????
>Profit

There's quite a fucking huge amount of monsters in that manual. Are you just throwing humanoids at them?

How the hell do you get through the entire bestiary? There's like 500 monsters or something.

Just switch them up a bit. But them in weird environments, or add class levels.

They're really samey, for the most part.

Exaggerate their differences then.

Also, magic items and enchantments. Give the monsters a feat if you need to.

The problem might be more of you needing to be a little more creative than you needing more monsters, because it sounds like you getting more monsters will just have you playing them in a very samey manner.

I make my own enemies with DnD tools. Just build builds and make them monsters.

Oh, so it's a DM problem. Try to solve it yourself with a rope, or rope a new DM.

Hey im new to this board, but whenever i dm i like to fish older stuff from
lomion.de/cmm/_contents.php

Play any other edition of D&D.

If you like Kobold Press stuff there is their new Tome of Beasts thing, you can probably find a copy of it in one of the request threads, seems pretty legit from my skimming of it.

koboldpress.com/kpstore/product/tome-of-beasts-for-5th-edition/

Pull in Call of Cthulhu monsters and apply mental effects upon seeing them. If you're generous, give them a saving throw to reduce the mental effects to half (never to zero). Third time you get a mental effect? Some sort of permanent psychosis.

Don't let them hide behind numbers on a character sheet.

Seconding this. I just picked it up as well, the monsters there tend to be more high level than in the monster manual and a lot have good flavor or features.

You can find a pdf in the resource link in the 5e general.

My DM did horrible things with standard monsters; imagine going after a white dragon. you've done research on white dragons, spent gold, set up spells to combat cold, etc, and when you get to its lair, you unleash your attacks predicated on an icy beast...and it turns out to be an albino red dragon.

the bestiary has a guide to make balanced monsters from scratch.

if your lazy you can just google your edition + home brew monsters

They're tired of normal monsters?

Thank you so much for saying it was in a 5e general thread, I wouldn't have thought to check any buy the current thread; but the previous one has the Mega resource link.

>Ulamog uses Wisidom to cast magic

Flavor fucking fail.

I like to alter monsters and give them a weakness for the players to figure out, like a troll that only regenerates when in contact with water.

>A monster can cast Banish.

Gross. I'd vomit if it weren't a concentration spell.

If you're playing 5th ed, Volo's Guide to Monsters is coming out soon. There's got to be some monsters you haven't used in that book though. Read over the fluff. Think about what makes them interesting, and focus on that.

So, satanic penis monsters? BDSM angels? Satanic BDSM penis angels based off obscure folklore?