I'd like to check out Konflict 47

Anone happen to have a copy of the rules for it or its historically accurate sister game, Boltaction?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I too am interested in Konflict 47

Historical war games general should have links to bolt action in their trove. Have seen anything for konflict though. Flipped through the rule book at my lgs, definitely had some cool minis in the book, but nothing on the shelves with the book. Is it an unsupported line, are there plans for production for minis for it?

Im not sure about Boltaction, but the somewhat revised Boltaction 2 just recently came out. Konflict is also pretty new. the only armies that are fully released are America and Germany, with Britain and the Soviets on the way soon (tm)

Found this in Historical general under their wargames section.

mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action

Responding to op just so people are curious will see this.

K47 is WWWII, aka Weird World War Two. Essentially, when the Americans tested the A bomb, instead of just blowing shit up, it tears open a rift to a new universe or some shit and opens up all kinds of possibilities for technology. Before they realize it though, they drop one on Germany and Japan, unwittingly giving the tech to the axis as well.

The Brits end up being allowed to study the American rift, but the Soviets are denied access, and naturally get pissed. Eventually the Soviets, paranoid the west is about to stab them in the back, cuts its alliance with the west and a 3 war erupts. With the former Allies turning on one another, Germany gets the breather it needed and surges back with its new rift tech, restoring its borders and eventually getting locked in a stalemate with the Allies /Russkies.

This brings us to the "present", at the end of the harshest winter in history, 1947 is promising to be the start of major offensives for all sides as they commit their special weapons to end the war once and for all.

Rules wise, its a mix of Bolt Action V1 (the fucksticks at Warlord never thought about warning Clockwork they were going to release BA 2.0 less than a month after K47 for some reason) and a couple other skirmish rulesets. Changes from Bolt Action include

>Reaction mechanic: units can react and get involved in firefights, fire out of turn, etc.
>Close combat heavily reworked to account for things like Zombies, heavy infantry, genetically modified "vampires" and "werewolves", and heavy walkers
>new special rules and weapons to represent things like gravity amplifiers, Tesla cannons, power armored infantry, and mechs.
>New national special rules to represent how nations have changed. Americans can reroll 1's to hit for some weapons due to having no shortage of ammo, while Germans get a bonus to order tests that involve counterattacking (like advancing toward an enemy unit)

It's supported, but the models are brand new. Last I read they sold out of their entire first run just filling preorders.

Models look cool as shit tho

>Britain and the Soviets on the way soon
December. The look of either faction will guarantee my entry into the game (or not).

>nazi zombies

Into the trash it goes

You forgot your image

Firestorm Games has stock of both starters if anyones interested and must have minis right now.

I peronsally waiting for the brits to see if I can just add a few units onto my existing bolt action army.

Here are the beta rules. A few things have probably changed, but it's an indication of where the game will go.

Here are the FOC rules, too. Looks a bit like 40k organisation. No indication of point costs and force sizes, though - not sure if this is a full army game or a skirmish game. Like, will be enough to run a force, or will it be like 40k where you need a 'starter box' and a bunch of other stuff too.

>waiting for the brits to see if I can just add a few units onto my existing bolt action army.

You definitely can, It's what I've done with my USMC.

These are the rules for the 15mm version.

Im doing the same with the ruskies though from what I saw of their walkers Im totally grabbing at least a few new models. They seem to have built the game with the intent of it being able to be played on a level field of regular conventional arms and the crazy new tech. So while the new tech does neat stuff its not super powerful.

Yes, but, the 28mm version is based on this beta. So many of the rules will be the same (albeit, out of scale) diggy?

OH SHIT NIGGA WE WOLF BRIGADE NOW

How is this not just Dust Tactics?

SSSSSSHHHHHHHH!

>an US tank with a gun capable of killing tanks

The Alt-universe is strong in this one indeed.

It's Parente-free, which means it may have a chance at surviving.

The only BS about it is that they are using German soldiers rather than dead Russians and Jews.

But that might be 2heavy and might've made not disrupting the Shoa actually detriminal, amirite?

I'm really liking the look of this German occult stuff.

So, I've never played a game of Bolt Action or anything, so can someone answer me these questions three:

1) Do I need all the Bolt Action books and models and stuff to play this?

2) How large is your average game? As in, playing area, playing time etc...

3) The bits of the Konflikt 47 book available on Google Books says '1000 points is the standard game size for Konflikt 47' but how many models is 1000 points on average?

It is just so tired, old trope. I don't ask Nazis being turned the good guys, but it's really tiresome to see nth incarnation of "le eebul nazi scientists wit zombies XD" and makes the setting morally B&W. There are some other Scifi Nazi tropes that could have worked in mini form (Moon Nazies, mystic Nazies), but no. They just had to make them zombies.

Although, to be fair, the Brits have cyborgs and the Russian's have horrible mutant bear things.

You'll only need books for the units you're going to use. So as long as you stick to one of the main factions you should be good with just getting one of the main country books. Though you may not even need that, I haven't gone over the rule book all that well.

It's based off of the bolt action rules, which is a platoon level game. The "reinforced platoon" which is used for the force organization is minimum a Lt and 2 squads, you can bolster it with as many as 3 more squads plus tanks and special weapons teams.

Something like 70-150 models if we're counting each infantry man separately, depending on country and era of the war. K47 has there own models but it also uses the standard bolt action models so you can easily play both games if you want to.

What does America have, more guns?

I especially like that they are releasing dual kits for some tanks.

So you get the normal Pz IV or Sherman kit but it comes with a resin turret so you can switch to the sci-fi weapons.

Jetpacks.

Yeah it's going to be a real help trying to get people who already play BA into it.

I love the russian light walker, the changes to the Recce rule make it pretty amusing.

>70-150 models
Ouch. I'm just too old for that kind of commitment. Still, cool concept.

BA is a completely different game, these rules bare little resemblance to the K47 rule book I have in my hand right now diggy?

>has the book
>not scanning it for the thread
You are one selfish motherfucker.

Mechs that punch stuff, everyone else's mechs are pretty much gun platforms.

Only the yanks thought it would be a good idea to give them the ability to bodyslam tanks.

I don't have a scanner unfortunately.

>not going out right now and buying a scanner
Selfish, selfish motherfucker.

Can I hear an Amen, people...Bro that are the exact reasons I'll never looked into Weird War...Zombie-Germans everywhere (and usually the single "must play" unit on the german side)

While I understand that taste is objective, surely it's a bit extreme to dismiss a) an entire wargame and b) an entire genre due to a single element used in a single faction within that wargame/genre?

Does the book have fictional TO&E's for the factions or just army lists?

Ive seen a couple games of konflict played, but I'm not let buying in myself until the soviets are out. It looks fun, even if the heavy infantry are a little silly when put into hard cover.

TO&E?

How the military forces are actually organised, what a normal platoon should have in it and what stuff is attached from higher levels. Stuff like that.

Yes? I'll have to actually look at to give a more certain answe

I haven't seen much on it yet beyond its called the Cossack which makes it any auto-buy for me.

True though if you're hiding your heavy infantry you're doing it wrong, and that said I'm fucking stoked for the soviet heavies as they look sick, though Im curious what the nips are gonna get.

>mfw I love Dust and still collect and paint
>no one to play glorious Warfare with

It hurts.

sad to hear dubs dude, that said Im sick and tired of everyone calling it a Dust knockoff weird war has been around far longer hell, if anything Id say its got more in common with a game like gear krieg.

I will be getting the book eventually, I just like it when a wargame actually lays out how the forces are organised in the fluff.

Since I prefer to build armies that way.

Aaaand I'm in.

I can't wait for fucking soviet werebears. That's an army list right there, 5 units of werebears with unarmored trucks as transports flooring it across the table.

Armor? guns? fuck you, I'm a bear.

I might just resurrect this thread for one more run, much like a zombie nazi

Regular WWII units still play heavily in the game. So for example, for every spinne light Panzer mech you'll have the option for a normal tank like a StuG or Panzer IV. For every "nazi zombie" unit you'll have the option for good old Grenadiers or volksgrenadiers.

You can actually field an army of nothing but regular units from real WWII. You can usually field an army of nothing but weird tech too, but this a game where you can mix and match.

Dust as far as I'm aware only had weird tech. You never had options for regular infantry or tanks

you don't need a single Bolt Action book, K47 is self contained.

those starter sets are a 1,000pts. As in that is a for real, 100% complete army. It'd be like if GW sold an 1850pt army in a box and called it a starter.

In addition, Bolt Action starters (and I would guess K47) usually are pretty good armies right out of the box. They might be a bit better tweaked, but you'll have a pretty balanced force and wouldnt need to spend another penny on models.

As for books, usually the main rulebook and a faction book if you're not happy with the big 4 list you have in the main book. Bolt action books run between 20-$40 depending on where you buy, so all told you can get in under $200 and still have extra cash for modelling supplies or a few models to swap in and out as options.

So basically Recce means three things:

1) You can spot units using hidden set up at longer range.

2) You can make two reactions instead of one.

3) When someone reacts to one of your actions you can perform an order check to move.

All of those are really good but the third one is the amusing one.

Basically the russian walker could move out of cover and declare it's shooting some shclubs, said schlubs declare they will shoot back. The walker then says it's changed it's mind and runs out of los, or range, or whatever. Making a reaction isn't free and basically costs you your activation with that unit so they essentially can't do anything that turn because of the walker harassing them.

It's not a guaranteed thing as leadership tests are involved and if you fail the check you don't get to move or do the original shooting order as you kind of stall but it's a fantastic ability regardless.

I have to agree with you with mystic nazis. The nazis were into actual occult bullshit, and seeing them perform blood rituals and other crazy things like in Wolfenstein would be rad. I guess that Warlord was going for a sci-fi look.

I do like that they are using the regular WW2 troop boxes though. Don't judge them by the paint jobs. The kits themselves are rad and have a million options.

There are also winged ghoul-things and werewolves. So its not just zombies.

You know what bugs me?

The nazis use gene mods to make monsters, right, ok.

What do the allies do? Make aryan supermen.

Do you see what my issue is here?

the nazis already are aryan supermen, no need to make them.

The figures don't look as good as Dust's (Probably an after affect of being 28mm instead of 32mm) but it has the serious advantage of not being dead and being based on Bolt Action's well established rules. I like how the figures are interchangeable as well. I could buy a cheapo 1/48 plastic tank instead of the crappy resin ones that Warlord makes if I wanted.

Well the americans dont have any genetic engineering stuff. The lore says they were more "cautious" than the Germans. The American heavy troops just have power armor.

1/56 according to the Bolt Action rulebook.

Check again, the Americans have "The Paragon Program" which is totes not Captain America or anything.

The only mini at the moment is pic related which is the exclusive you get for buying direct from warlord but they are running a contest on the FB group to create another one so we'll almost certainly see more in the future.

Yeah, it probably won't scale well to the point where I could have a tank commander sticking out of the top, but it should be fine for gameplay purposes otherwise. I just have nightmares after seeing the unboxing videos of Bolt Action tanks.

Actually as a bonus for all you lovely people here are his rules.

I have a couple of the plastic ones, they're ok. Whats so bad about the resin ones?

They come out mangled and with jagged moldlines, similar to how some Forgeworld tanks (Especially the knock offs) do.

Thats a shame.

I picked up a US starter for K47 and the resin in that is pretty nice. Similar to the stuff Prodos put out if you're familiar with it.

Wasn't there a company that made models similar to these but closer to 40k's scale?

Love these.

My only problem is the one on the left, too stiff of a pose.

Yeah, Dreamforge does really nice hard plastic space nazis. I am honestly considering proxying those in isntead of using the less than impressive monopose official figures, though I imagine that they might be too large.

If you are using them as Heavy Infantry it won't matter if they're bigger since they're supposed to be.

I was thinking about the Eisenkern stuff earlier though since IIRC it was designed by Dreamforge but produced by Wargames Factory who are now defunct and Warlord have bought up a lot of their molds. I was wondering if that included the Eisenkern?

It'd be interesting if it did since the one game Warlord makes that it'd make sense for them to be in would be K47, especially since the Waffen-SS Shocktrooper are essentially Eisenkern already.

Apparently Dreamforge's eisenkern models are listed as 1/56 and so is Bolt Actions so there shouldn't be too much of a difference potentially.

I think that would be pretty cool actually. Giving the Eisenkern (Especially the crazier models like the leviathans) a proper rule system to gel in would be nice. For now the wermacht heavies are just metal dudes in blisters.

Looks like you're in luck. You can probably use a lot of your stuff as proxies.

I am pretty sure that the Wargames Factory stuff is still made in China, and that the Dreamforge stuff wasn't part of the deal.

I don't think that most of them would work very well as proxies. Dust stuff is entirely 32mm so it would be too large, and the equipment is pretty different as well as the mechs. He would have to rebase most of the figures too. That said terrain could probably be interchangeable between the two games.

I have 1/48 tanks. Bolt Action commanders actually look better if you're using metal ones. 1/48 tanks also look like they're not fucking clown cars next to infantry which is nice.

From left to right

>Black widow
>eisenkarn
>Valkir heavy trooper

the bolt action metal guys are the later war models released recently (which look awesome btw)

Honestly all 3 look great, I don't think you could go wrong here. I'm torn between the Regular trooper and the heavy trooper, the heavy definitely looks the part but looks a bit *too* bulky.

That said, regular eisenkarn come with panzerfausts and MG42/MP 40 looking weapons. As I still have about 20 unbuilt models I think I'll be using them. They look damn sexy next to the Bolt Action guys too.

Would defend the revolution with.

WHERE

HOW

GET

In December

All of my boners.

[[muffled Slavic swearing]]

Woah, he looks like an absolute beast. I found a page recently which contrasted 'Bolt Action' with 'Warhammer 40k' and one of the points they made was:
>"Unlike 40k, you do not have monstrous creatures or legendary heroes in Bolt Action. Your men are just men, and they die as such."
Konflikt 47 seems to have done away with that notion.

Well now I'm confused. So the US Starter Kit has 27 models (20 regular infantry, 5 heavy infantry, 1 tank, 1 walker) and that's 1000 points worth? Enough to play the game in full? Because this guy has indicated that you need over 100 models to play.

This isn't very clear. But the point cost of this fellow seems to imply that ~30 models is more the speed for 1000 points.

Yes, the starter set is a 1,000pts. I believe all of the models are rated regular (usually a veteran force will say it on the box) which means theyre standard troops. Vet armies have even less models, inexperienced would have a few more, but it sure as hell ain't featuring 70 per side on the low end. 70 would be a massive horde army at standard 1000pts play.

I have no idea what the fuck that guy is playing. Even my horde of Soviet infantry only numbers 70 models, and that's with a free 12 man squad thanks to a soviet special rule with no tanks or any additional support bigger than AT rifles and LMG's.

A list with tanks, like my USMC list, can number in the 30-40 range with a couple amtracs and a sherman, again at regular.

I don't know what game he's playing, but it isn't Bolt Action. The only excuse I can think of is he accidentally walked in on a mega battle at 2000pts with a Russian player that went full retard.

To give you an idea of points, a regular rifleman is 10pts. Thats a GI with a garand, a German with a mauser, a Soviet with a Mosin, etc. Yes, I suppose you could hit over a hundred models with a couple platoons, but you would get absolutely stomped the moment you ran into tanks or artillery/air spotters and other anti horde type weapons.

~30pts for a model could be right or wrong. A 2nd Lt at inexperienced is 35pts. An artillery observer rated regular on the other hand is a 100pts just by himself. I'd expect that guy costs more in the 100 range depending on abilities and rank (which has a major role in game)

You've switched me from 'Euuuugh' to Preordering the US Starter Box. Thanks user for all your advice. Very helpful.

Possibly I can't count. Actually that's exactly what it is, I was going of model count in a box, but that's not a squad, it's like 1-2 German squads. My bad

>Shrekwulfen

it's ogre

I got a Warlord Sherman V and Humber Mk. IV and those were fine.Clean-up needed of course, but nothing unusual for resin.

Just want to back this up. I've got British Indian & Hungarian Bolt Action forces and at 1000 points my Indian force contains 43 men, a Bren Carrier, a Humber Mk. IV and a Sherman V.
My Veteran rated Hungarians at 900 points consists of 36 men and a Nimrod.

ooooh yesssss also I didn't realize the unit leader carried a fucking sledgehammer, that's epic.

I was gonna say, I mean box of soviet infantry with some extra bits and bobs gives you damn near a whole army, there's what? Forty models per box or something like that, and this gives me a serious reason to finish up my soviet winter infantry and get them looking decent. Now if only someone else around here like WWII shenanigans.

Watched an unboxing and everything looked pristine, but I was surprised by the casual mixing of metal, plastic and resin.

Those Soviet power suits make me want to start collecting the Russians.

Depending on what troop quality you go for the US starter set is around 600pts if inexperienced, 800pts for regular, and 900pts for veteran.

That's assuming you build the infantry as a 2nd Lt with an extra man, a 2 man bazooka team, and 2 squads of 8 infantry.

On the weapon sprue you get sniper rifles so you could swap 2 of the infantry to make a sniper team if you like, you actually have quite a lot of options out of the box. You'd almost certainly end up having to buy more stuff to make a truly competitive list but for a starter it's really not bad.

>those Dust models are so goddamn good
>nothing compares
>i didnt even play the game, I just bought one of the heavy axis walkers because it was just that goddamn cool

why must we live in this world

They make me want to stomp around the East European plains in power armor shooting nazi werewolves with an anti-tank rifle and splattering zomboes with a huge fucking hammer whlist occasionally taking breaks to pour whole bottles of vodka directly into the view slit.

But I guess collecting the soviet models will do.