Voice

>Contact Information

>Additional Information
I'd be up to just join another group, but I'm looking for a group
where the primary language would be French. I want to improve my
French speaking skills so I thought this would be a good way to
do it. I was thinking I could probably justify it characterwise
by playing a recluse, or some druid that only talks with animals and
therefore doesn't speak the common language very well.

>HOW TO RUN A GOOD TEXT-BASED RPG: COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS

1. Use roll20 (free) or a similar system that allows for text and map to be visible at once. Visual aids are incredibly useful for text-based games.

2. Use a chat system to keep in contact with players between sessions. Said chat system should allow private messaging, group communication, and preferably conspicious posting of information (such as times, events, etc). I'd recommend Discord (free), though IRC groups are a close second. Skype is acceptable.

3. Make a clear distinction between IC and OOC chat. The cleanest way to do this is to set aside the group chat (Discord, IRC, etc) as OOC; and make the group aware that the game chat window (roll20, maptools, etc) is for IC talk, descriptions of events, and dice rolls.

>HOW TO RUN A GOOD TEXT-BASED RPG: COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR NEW GMS PART 2

4. Ensure everyone is aware of the time of game. Do not run without the full party. The reason for this is threefold. It ensures that everyone understands that their presence is valued and important, it ensures that when you have frequently unavailable players that the issue will be one the entire group is interested in resolving, and it will avoid the "Scar of Destiny" problem of PCs being simply not around or GM controlled through major roleplaying events.

5. With the above in mind; don't suffer flaky players. It's better to remove a player who has little excuse for their action (or, those who chose to join a game at a time that they were clearly unavailable) than allow their absences to slow or drag a game to a halt.

6. Focus on ensuring combat turns are swift. If the Gm or a player can't be swift because of outside circumstance, insist on a short intermission until the problem is resolved. Utilize the PM systems on your chat (or the mention system on Discord) to ping players if they are distracted when their turn comes around. If players don't respond in a fair time (compare to the time it took half of the group to play through) then delay their action until they arrive. If they continually need to have this happen to them, then consider treating them as you would an absent member of the party.

7. Talk to your players continually. Make sure they are on the same page in terms of tone of the game. Ask them between every session if there was something you could improve on for them. Actively try to work on utilizing their criticism to improve the game.

Not this again.

This again.

There are easier ways to kill any chance of new games. Though I suppose this is fairly efficient and you put in the work already.

8. Take all of this with a grain of salt. Use your own judgement, get a feel for your players and make your own decisions accordingly. This is just advice, not hard rules, and they were probably written by a giant faggot anyway.
Happy?

Actually all of this is good advice and fairly helpful for new GMs. Though I'd like to say visual aids can be helpful, but they aren't necessary in any game that's not combat heavy.

>happy
Where the fuck do you think you are?

What the fuck does Stirner have to do with this?

Are you saying he doesn't?

... saved the thumbnail like a dumbass.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I'd even go so far as to say that the lengths you go to post him -- and the care you take to save memes of him -- suggest that he is spooking you.

This isn't some...idol-worship, is it?

But Sitrner worship would be inherently paradoxical. You seem to be spooked by the thought that someone else might be spooked.

>But Sitrner worship would be inherently paradoxical.
It would not. That is like saying that the ego cannot be a spook -- something your big-headed bum-boy would disagree with.

You'd be mistaken, nothing more.
>You seem to be spooked by the thought that someone else might be spooked.
I am spooked, in that it is 2spooky.

>You'd be mistaken, nothing more.
Only if I stopped short of putting my idolatry into practice, which I suppose is a fairly popular way to do things.

>I am spooked, in that it is 2spooky.
It is. In fact, there might be several spooks inside you right now.

>GM or Player
4 Players
>System(s)
D&D 5e
>Time availability
GMT+4 / GMT+1 / EST
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
Reply to this post with your skype / email / discord
>Additional Information
We've got our characters ready, but we're willing to compromise.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
The Mutant Epoch
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
Im trying to get a group together to try out The Mutant Epoch. Obviously i tried GMing myself but it din't go so well. However i have all the books needed and can provide them, and im willing to help anyone learn the system.

What kind of game do you want to play? Political, sandbox, back-to-basics dungeon crawler?

>but it din't go so well
Why not? What were the problems with the system -- why can't you GM, if you're willing?

Whichever, really. Whatever the GM wants.

YEAH FUCK GOOD ADVICE

>guitar riffs

It's actually a bunch of bad advice and bait for the usual clownposters that plague the gamefinder.

>guitar riffs

>guitar riffs
What did you mean by that?

>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
3.5 / pf
>Time availability
Fri - Sat 9am - 4pm or 5 - 10pm Central time
>Text or Voice
Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
Game is fantasy set in the Faerun map with DnD races, but everything else is different. Players will pick a faction to start out in as a sinister change creeps into the world.

First session will be choosing a faction, adapting characters, and a short intro. I play fast and loose with rules generally as long as things make some sort of sense (in a fantastic world)

Do not play with this man, he is a cuck.
>guitar riffs

Do not jam with this man, he is a cuck
>smooth bass line

Do not cuck with this cuck, he gets dubs
>checks them

Fuck all of (you).

Let's face it, it's dead. Veeky Forums has no games. Veeky Forums needs no games. All that's left is Pathfinder permaplayers and fucking Jason.

>GM/Player
3 Players
>System Preferred
Vampire:The Requiem or V20 (with or without Dark ages)
>Times available
Afternoon GMT+1/2
>Method of Play
Definetly Voice, Skype is a possibility but other programms should be no problem. We like to use Roll20 but if there are better options that should be no problem as well.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes

Two of us are normally GM-ing and are looking to play together in a WoD game for a chance instead of GM-ing for each other. We are experienced in oWoD/V20 in general and I like nWoD quite a bit.

Would like to introduce my friends to nWoD over "old" Requiem so the transition is easier, but if you are looking for players for other nWoD games don't be shy to ask.

PS:

After a ST ditched us on a Sabbath game, we would be interested in that as well.

>Dice rolls in the IC window
Disgusting

>GM or Player
GM
>System
Pathfinder
>Time availability
Probably evening EST, but could decide otherwise
>Text or Voice
Discord text
>Contact Information
discord.gg/S7A27
>Additional Information
Homebrew duo game, so recruiting two players. Should be able to write and heavily customize a campaign to fit two players' preferences. I enjoy a mix of RP and combat.

Friendly reminder to be wary of the funposters. They will derail these threads for the fun of it.
Just don't respond, they're attention vampires.

>GM or Player
Player. I'm GMing a SWN game and I put a lot of work into it; I don't have time to be a double GM.

>System(s)
No longer interested in 3.PF, but otherwise SWN, Eclipse Phase, Twilight 2K, and Apocalypse worlds are systems I've played/run off the top of my head, and also enjoy (although T2K's pdf was nightmarish to navigate). I'd like to try out things like Call of Cthulu, Traveller, Degenesis, Godbound, Lady Blackbird, or Human Occupied Landfill. I have a slight but not decisive preference for sci fi or modern.

>Time availability
Most evenings EST except for Tuesday, which is when I run my other game.

>Text or Voice
Text.

>Contact Information
e-mail: [email protected]

>Additional Information
Won't be able to start till after Sept 5 (after school starts, the job I'm working at over the summer has me on for 60-70 hours a week). Just another week though.

Now -THIS- is how you ensure you don't get a game.

>page 10

oh no

bump

Do not play with this man, he is a cuck.

Actually, you should reply to us all the time. It keeps the threads alive.

>those digits

sent contact request, got some questions before I decide though.