WIP - Painting/Sculpting/Converting General

Back to bay 6 edition.

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>I am the hammer! I am the point of His spear! I am the mail about His fist! I am the bane of His foes!
youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

6s2hit.com/viewtopic.php?f=407&t=598&sid=b640d98bcc56103343be0d00f9258eae#C
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_green_men_(Ukrainian_crisis)
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That model is amazing

Yeah, Space Marines are such great painters.

Tfw I realize Forge World uses the Knight House I was going to use that I thought was obscure and unused. Guess my Knight won't be a special snowflake then.

But at least my legs look cool. Pretty happy with my repose.

>think my army is more or less unique in its color scheme
>12 year old me thought blingmarines painted all gold with silver accent would be neat
>decided to roll with it to this day
>see these listed on ebay today
makes me happy someone had the same idea, can't say mine don't look better though

>not a backwards E
Apply yourself

You're the cartoony user! Nice work!

Sorry to stray off topic so early on in the thread but in a recent storm my pc got fried and i lost a bunch of greenstuffing guides that i really need at the moment, i had a project for a scratch built tech priest dominus but i think it failed due too over-ambition but i wish too try again with the old one serving as a learning experience.
Thanks in advance.

You got a picture of the scratch build dominus?

I stopped about at this point, i wasn't happy with the result but here goes.

Here have another from the back

A long time ago i bought a Landspeeder Storm. I totally forgot about it and just recently discovered the sprues in one of my boxes.

Sadly i can't find any instructions for it. Is there a download archive on the GW site or somewhere else in the internet?

6s2hit.com/viewtopic.php?f=407&t=598&sid=b640d98bcc56103343be0d00f9258eae#C

Check this, it's a giant archive but i can't be bothered to find the specific model.

Im no expert but i feel like you used too mucj greenstuff and cut too deep with you tool.

The saga continues

Yea, i know it was my first large scale greenstuff project.

Funny enough i actually thought of making my own Dominus with greenstuf and bits but stopped the Project after i fucked up my model

Found it. Thanks

I want to believe your pics are so shitty on purpose to trick us...because, damn, those look great.

First eldar model ive painted in about 5 or so years

My only camera is on my cellphone, thus the poor pic quality.

nice model! i've found personally that painting models adhered to the wall tends to mess up how i do my highlights, though.

I would rework that head gem and train your gem painting skills now that a big one is available

>bought two boxes worth of wraithguard used on ebay
>60 bucks, great deal
>they arrive
>covered in blue latex paint
>assembly is all fucked up
>the heads are fucked up and lumpy on some of them for some reason
>none of this was visible in the single, dark, out of focus ebay picture
>i've been bamboozled
>try stripping the paint
>24 hours in isopropyl alcohol does virtually nothing, only the surface level of paint comes of
>there's like five layers of paint caked onto these things

Fuck this, I'm gonna write this one off and just buy 10 more wraithguard new.

The risk of buying used models online, I suppose.

i bet it was advertised as 'well painted' too

i think in most of these cases it's a punctuation error and it should read
'well, painted.'

Ask for a refund? Open a case on ebay, get your money back with paypal?

Back to painting

I haven't raised a brush in a while.

It needs a smashed ambulatory between the legs on the base.

THIRTY TWO TO GO

Soak them for 3 days in pic related.

Don't let me thing about it.
I also bought a box of Hellstriders.
More Steeds to paint. But it was so cheap.

You mean some ruins?

Is there a recommended glue for assembling? The GW store stuff seems not great and leaves some parts wobbly.

ruins but with some kind of significance, culturally

Finecast or plastic? For plastic use Revel model glue and for Finecast any superglue will do.

I saw a bunch of church-like stuff when I googled ambulatory. Maybe I can scarch-build something when it's time to base them.

Loctite Precision for superglue, Revell Contacta for plastic glue. Accept no substitutes.

This is the thing for plastic models.

how do you deal with the needle getting clogged?

It rarely clogs if you keep it clean.
If it does: hold a lighter at the upper half and it will resolve the problem

Hold it over a candle/lighter for a little bit. You'll see a flame and possible some spurting coming from the needle as the stuck glue melts/vapourizes.

Just remove the needle from the bottle, just in case shit hits the fan you don't want the entire bottle catching fire.

some kind of destroyed imperial cult shrine perhaps??

You can just leave it needle facing down for a bit as well, since the glue will melt away the clog on its own.

I love you guys.
I want to buy a bunch of Christmas village churches after xmas and list them on ebay as "Knight titan basing kits"

Interesting. Never thought about that.
I'll try next time

thanks, i tried boiling the noodle which worked but it would clog again immediately with use. it seems to clog if i dont recap it within seconds of use. what's causing it?

Maybe your climate?

I try to put the cap on again pretty quickly too, but usually the glue is fine even after 20-30 minutes without it too.

it didnt used to do it, im thinking maybe it's more prone to it when near-empty

Thanks, will give it a try.

Anyone have that old necron painting/building/army making guide with the dead tallarns in it on them? Not the how to paint citadel miniatures necrons one in the megaupload.

I've got some serious shit here user.

Is it this one? There aren't any dead Tallarns, but it looked useful.

da fuck?

is polite a bad translation or something?

Nope.

They were really called that way during the Crimea occupation/liberation.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_green_men_(Ukrainian_crisis)

Nice minis btw, i only dislike that with these 1/35 kits the poses of the minis are not flexible and you are kinda forced to build them in one specific way. Detail is superb though.

>In answer to the question of the presence of Russian troops in Crimea, Russian Minister of Defence Sergey Shoygu said, "Regarding the statements about use of Russian special forces in Ukrainian events, I can only say one thing – it's hard to search for a black cat in a dark room, especially if it's not there," and added cryptically that searching for the cat would be "stupid" if the cat is "intelligent, brave, and polite", from whence the expression "polite men" originated.

Said cat in included in the model box.

Yes, thats the one. Also look in the sand, dead tallarns.

You gotta hand it to them, they can lie through their teeth and everyone will call them out on their bullshit, and they still get away with it.

I guess that says more about the state of the west than anything else. Give Russians brown skin and they could take over Europe like that.

boldness wins.

It helped that there was next to no violence during their crimea-takeover.

Weak enemy helps even more. No way would this have happened like it did during the Cold War. But now all western leaders are just pussies and Russia takes them for a ride.

It depends on the line thought you take. If you believe the encroachment of Nato onto Russia's neighbouring states was/is an unthinkable grievance, then this episode didn't pay off too badly as a rebuke.

Otherwise Russia have been internationally demolished through sanctions and their reputation at an all time low. Examples from most of their state officials (even in sport) goading and beating their chests like gorillas have set them back far.

They seemed to have devised an effective propaganda offensive through media and funding dissident political parties in Europe, but that has became transparent and more of an embarrassment for them.

Are there any cool renegade Knight houses/freeblades? They seem to all look the same with a red/black colour scheme.

I'm sure the supplement that came with this was full of Renegade Knight houses.

I've got that box next to me, and the only renegade Knight present is Litany of Destruction. There's a sheet for 40k rules to field a Renegade Knight, but there's no colour schemes or heraldry for anyone but Litany.

Hmmm. Leave to GW to skip on the fun stuff. Maybe WD 116?

really quick question...

Does anyone know a good solution to painting in high humidity areas? I can never not get my paint to fuzz. There's just one little office that I can work in, and I do my handpainting in there OK but I was wondering if there's some kind of rigging that can be made indoors?

I don't know i f airbrushing would give better results against the fuzz problem, but I'm estimating not because it's not the delivery system that's the issue here, it's the environment.

Appreciate any advice on the matter, hopefully other bros that breathe hot soup everyday can offer up their own experiences.

We have some counter-terrorist team here.

To be fair, airbrushing should have somewhat less issues compared to rattlecans.

I'm certainly used to the humidity (I live in the Netherlands, the average humidity here is above 80% year round).
However the temperatures are far milder than they are in blisteringly hot summer Florida.

Your fuzzing issues are likely to be caused by both the heat (the paint is dry before it ever gets to the model) and the humidity (the paint particles are attracting water on the way).
Solving one side of the equation might help, by switching out the solvent based paint from a can for water based acrylic airbrush paint you should eliminate the drying issue to some extent.
However it can still pick up more moisture from the air, but that should be less of an issue than the solvent drying out on the way to your models.
Thin layers and letting the models dry between coats should help though.

There seems to be some more pictures of different finished Knights in that issue, but nothing extensive.

I can't find a download for that issue anywhere. I guess I shouldn't feel privileged while being a dirty pirate, though.

It's in the sticky.
>>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
>mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

Derp derpity derp derp. Of course the WIP thread sticky is the only thread I didn't look through. Thanks based user.

Working on some Honor Guard.

If it's a minor clog, I can usually get it working by poking the end with a needle and then giving it a light squeeze. You should also be preventative and put the cap back on as soon and often as possible.

No problem. If you find something sweet on the renegades, let me know.

If you really want to be a special snowflake make your own color scheme

Post your backlogs.

>10 tactical Marines
>10 sternguard
>5 vanguard veterans
>5 assault Marines
>5 devastators
>5 man command squad
>3 librarians
>4 captains
>2 chaplains
>1 techmarine +thralls
>5 terminators
>1 dreadnought

Still have a primarch and some FW armours coming on the mail soon.

Kill me.

Is there any guide on how to get Metallic Alpha Legion without using an airbrush?
I've seen alpha legion (and thousand suns for that matter) which are metallic blues and they look really good but every hand painting tutorial isn't metallic and the only metallic ones I've seen used an airbrush

If I wanted to do zenithal highlighting followed by glazing as a way of speed painting, are there any wash/glazes that are bright enough to use straight out of the bottle that I can use to get a high quality result? I only really have experience using GW washes and they are usually dark after they dry

>3 malifaux gremlin survivors
>3 malifaux gremlin lightning bugs
>1 malifaux gremlin lovely assistant
>1 malifaux arcanist performer
>1 metal OnG azhag the slaughterer that for some reason was stuck in a box in my garage for the last 6 years

Mostly my Protectorate army
>15 troopers of various units
>10 Solos
>6 warcasters
>8 Warjacks
>Vessel of Judgment

>1:35 scale Panther, King Tiger and KV-2

>Two Imperial Knights

>Warzone Brotherhood Starter Box and Guardiani Oblati

>Protectorate
of Menoth, for Warmachine/Hordes.

It won't be as "blue green" as the forgeworld scheme, and a fair bit darker, but Vallejo Model Air Arctic Blue is a gorgeous deep blue metallic that is perfectly usable with a brush and covers pretty well.

That's a bit of work but not as bad as mine.
>3,000 pts of Necrons
>1,000 pts of SoB
>2,000 pts of Inquisitor/daemon hunters
When I see a good deal I can't pass it up.

I currently have 2,500 pt of painted marines, just need to finish:
>10 sternguard
>5 vanguard veterans
>10 honor guard
>2 rhinos
>10 man command squad
>3 devastators
>8 terminators

>30 HH legion astartes
>FW Great Unclean One
>9 Blightkings
>20 Plaguebearers
>6 Nurgling swarms
>40 battle sisters
>2 rhinos
>a assassin execution force
>inquisitor
>Uriah Jacobus
>10 seraphim
>Saint Celestine conversion
Send help.

Check out Element Games, they sell Scale 75's range of paints and there are all sorts of metallics you could use if you don't own/don't want to use an airbrush.

i've got a mountain of malifaux stuff that needs to get painted, probably about 30-40 models, I keep buying more, I really think I have a problem.

I think it's more special to use an obscure scheme that's still official. I really like House Vyronii (The scheme in that picture), so I'll probably go for it. Their transfer sheet isn't released yet, but hey, my freehanding could use some practice anyway.

I need your help anons.

I need a recipe for DIY ink/wash for my painting baby steps. First attempt was shitty, minis look more dirty and dark, but ink didn't really stayed into the holes.
I just used water, black paint and a drop of dish washer. I guess my proportions were wrong.

I'm currently in 3rd world country so I have no access to original wargaming inks.
The same with future floor polish i read.
What do /wip? Is it possible using normal dish washer? Should I look for some specific ingridient in my household cleaning stuff to make it work? What proportions should I mix?

Help.

Whats a good camera for miniature picturing?

I bought a GE x400 for like $50 off craigslist. heres a pic i just took on it using its macro setting
if i had a box it would look even better

Orks-
1 battlefortress
6 Killa kans
1 Deff Dread
1 Morkanaut
2 megabosses
1 Wierdboy
9 Mekboy
15 bikers
1 boss on bike
1 big Mek on bike
1 Painboy on bike
15 tankbustas
3 Bomb squigs
3 Looted Trukks
1 Looted Battlewagon
1 wazbom Blasta jet
2 blitza bommas
3 dakka jets

Legion astartes-
2 rhinos
3 rapier laser destroyer
6 rapier crew
20 headhunters
10 destroyers
10 tacticals
1 spartan
4 heavy bolter support marines

Space wolves-
5 scouts
10 terminators
30 assorted dudes in power armor

Necrons-
6 wraiths
1 doomsday ark
3 annihilation barges

What the fuck am I doing with my life

Anyone got that "how to take pictures of miniatures" guide/infographic?

>3 thanatars
>12 thallax
>1 magos dominus
>1 mactrotek enginseer dude with his servo automats
>5 castellax
>1 triaros
>5 deathwing knights
>5 deathwing
>3 ravenwing bikers
>3 ravenwing command squad
>3 ravenwing knights
>ravenwing dark talon