Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

The long wait till October: Week 1 edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/x25-brettonian-knights-/282152782982?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE
mirliton.it/index.php?cName=arms-and-weapons-helms
thomarillion.de/?page=artikel_detail&id=754&origin=?page=search&q=trebuchet&slide=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

#
Stormfiends are strong but not invincible. I saw the stat line and thought they would be cheese... Ran them into 30 buffed tomb kings skeletons. Big mistake.

I would love to make a Slaanesh based army with a KoS as a centerpiece. The thing is, It's quite hard to find a decent alternative to GW model. Any suggestions?

Kingdom Death Wet Nurse.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Slannesh needs to be all about saggy tits. And here goes my idea of getting back into Warhammer...

You're kind of a kneejerk moist bitch.

Saw this posted here a while back. Pretty neat KoS conversion.

Morning Bitches!

Now begins the long wait for October and dwarves.

As an update, I'm almost done with my second Varanguard and am looking for something to summon for 160pts with my Gaunt Summoner to complete my 1000pt Everchosen list.

As for today's topic:
Imagine if you have a $1000 budget and the painting skills to make ONE army project come out perfectly.

What cool concept army would you want to build that normally you wouldn't have the painting and modeling skill to pull off.

For me it would be an undead Soulblight army converted to be an undead Brettonian kingdom, with vampire knights made with sick looking horses and barding, coats of arms painted to look older, weathered, and twisted, men at arms kits mixed with skeleton bodies to make undead peasantry, and Pegasus knights riding skeletal undead horses or mutated bat things to represent Morghast.

But modeling the vampire heads on the Brettonian knights would be difficult to pull off along with the Pegasus knights. The "ladies" would be my necromancers and the "paladins" would be Wight kings. The Green Knight would be the "Headless Horseman" of Sleepy Hollow. Knights of the realm would be black knights and Grail knights would be Bloodknights.

The painting would be very difficult for the knights and the need to buy men at arms and skeletons would make it very expensive... but still, dreams and all that...

FUCK! I need to do this kind of conversion... looks like something good came out of the Rat-Things after all!

Neat, thx user

I would do a Realm of metal Demon army, making a corrupt cyber demon force with Soulgrinders and mechanical themes in such a way that I could use the force in both AoS and 40k.

Nice, did you win?

The terrain tables are always good fun. In one of our battles at my home we ran out of terrain pieces to use, so we grabbed one of the dog's chew toys and ended up rolling it as 'Damned'.

Sacrificing Men at Arms to the chew toy for favour in battle is something I won't forget.

Japanese themed Skaven, based off of the Nezumi from Legend of the 5 Rings.

No warpstone, just samurai rats being samurai rats. So Clan Verminus for my ranks of rat bushi with Eshin for my ninja with the gutter runners.

Reminder that the carrion king betrayed Lord Nagash, and any good Flesh-Eater Court should be hunting down the traitor for Lord Nagash so that they might be named the new king

Reminder that nagash betrayed our Lord Carrion King, and any good Flesh-Eater Court should be living free from the traitor Lord Nagash so that they might be true kings.

I really really want to hate this concept, but I can actually see Stormvermin with Tachis, peasant Clanrats and slightly more ninja Night/Gutter Runners work out. Some Magical fireworks alchemists as Warlock Engineers and maybe find out how pic related's dragons are made and make that the mount for a Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror and you'd have a useful and playable army.

I don't care for crazy conversions, I just want a bretonia army and the skills and patience to really make it look like the box art. I have a slightly nerve damaged dominant hand so painting my own stuff is always out of the question unless its super simple so these designer armies are always out of the question.

But with a $1000 budget I could probably get someone good to paint the army of my dreams for me...

Its not actually that hard to pull of Everdank, just get some of the heads, lances, and banners for the Knights and work with black riders. A good paint scheme can go along way to making them look fantastic.

And every grail reference can be a blood grail.

Traitor! Bend the knee!

NEVER! BEGON YOU SLAVES OF A CORPSE GOD!

Know this, the age of death is coming, and Nagash is a merciful lord. You would be wise to rethink your rash decision.

This looks like new art. Where is it from?

Know this, the age of the imperishable is coming, and Settra is a fair lord. You would be wise to rethink your rash decision.

That sounds cool, I always liked the demon engine kind of take on demons.
Damn, I haven't thought of Nezumi in years. What a cool idea!
Sucks to hear about the hand! But yeah, a painted bret army is so cool. I wish my local brets were painted that well.

That actually looks really good user! I love the deep yellows and blacks. Maybe after my Everchosen army is done I might explore doing this kind of conversion for a unit or two, see how it all works out. Getting the heads and stuff will be hard but looks very worth it.

Know this, no matter the age the Everchosen will still put you rattlebrains back into the dirt where you belong!

So what are we thinking the points on Grombrindal are going to be?

I wouldn't peg him at anything over 160.

I thought this was really cool, but there is more going on here than I thought. I was thinking "Ok, he did the tits, face and mask detail.... Some of the arms... thats not too hard"

But then I looked at the original and saw all the fur on the original sculpt ;_;

Basically redid most of the mini.

Considering he has the best Hero buff in the game I would hope he is in the upper 150+ range. He gives rerolls on everything, and I mean everything. It has the potential to be insanely broken when thrown together with the right list.

He buffs a stardrake and holy shit that thing becomes a one man army.

If he's going to be anything less than that I'd be pleasantly surprised. That DS coupled with a really nasty offensive potential allows him to pretty much eat the enemy general or a good chunk of the support base in one go.
Field him alongside a Tenebral Shard for maximum shenanigans.

The reroll buff only lasts for the hero phase. Not the entire turn. He's not turning anyone into a rerolling combat monster.

Any ideas how to achieve the light blue on the dracoth? Pls help

Oh my bad, I had read that wrong. Then never mind the crazy price tag, 130pts at most. He is choppy for sure but he basically has no real save. He is just an assassin slayer now.

Prime the Dracoth white, then hit it with a very diluted Guilliman Blue glaze or a diluted turquoise wash. Then go back over the deeper areas and scales with the original, darker glaze/wash to add the depth to the skin.

Then highlight the edges of the scales, skin and cracks with white to define them.

I think 150-170 is a good range for his brand of nonsense. He is a huge glass cannon that every now and then will reload for you.

But MAN, he does not feel like the way I expected Grombrindal to go, especially with his older, cooler, incarnations. The Vampire slayer one being my favorite.

Also don't just dilute the GW wash with water, it fucks with the wash a bit. Use specific thinning mediums to make it easier on yourself.

Thanks for the help, been trying to find a celestial look for a seraphon army and this caught my eye. Much appreciated!

I would totally do a Doom theme daemon army.

Brother, by siding with him you abandon the allies you have in the soulblight lords and deathrattle kings! not to mention the others who have sworn allegiance to nagash! for the safety of your court side Nagash, settra is long gone

>settra is long gone
The words of those who have given up...

THE DREAM LIVES AS DOES OUR ETERNAL LORD!

An undead army themed after the undead village of Londor from Dark Souls.

>Naginata stormvermin

Maxmini sells Nezumi, I think.

FE battletome.

Slaughterpriest-kun, aren't hardcore piercings slaaneshi as fuck?

Found them. Both maxmini and basicks do nezumi heads. Think basicks do the whole thing.

can you link them directly, I'm looking through the sites and not finding anything...

Hmm, how about this for old Grombrindal:

Move 4"
Wounds 6
Save 3+
Bravery 10

Description:
The White Dwarf Grombrindal is a legendary figure amongst the Duardin. In battle he sunders his foe with the Runeaxe of Grimnir while protecting himself with Armor of Glimril Scales and the Runehelm of Zufbar. On his broad shoulders rests the Runecloak of Valaya.

>Axe of Grimnir
Range 1"
Attacks 4
to-hit 3+
to-wound 2+
Rend -2
Damage 3

Special Rules:
>Armor of Glimril Scales
Ignore the Rend on enemy weapons when making saves for Grombrindal.

>Rune Cloak of Valaya
When Grombrindal is affected by a spell, roll a die. On a 4+ the spell has no effect.

>Runehelm of Zufbar
Roll a die for every Duardin model that flees within 12" of Grombrindal. On a 4+ that model does not flee.

>Disguised
Instead of setting up Grombrindal normally, you can place him to one side and say that he is set up in hiding. At the start of any combat phase you can reveal him; set him up within 1" of a friendly Duardin unit. The White Dwarf can then pile in and attack, even if it is your opponent’s turn to select a unit to attack with.

When are the online white dwarf subscribers getting their magazines shipped?

What is the best Stormhost and why is it The Anvils of the Heldenhammer?

>WE ARE THE ANVIL! THEY WILL BREAK UPON US!

When was the last time Piss Kicker came to this general?

Gonna be converting up the Kohorgorgglleerath for use in my nurgle Bestmen army. Currently have the base model and an old metal Great Unclean One Arm, thinking Minotaur face for the head. Any tips? Will be a count as GUO.

Grimnir's axes were wielded by Thorgrim and Gotrek. Grombrindal has his own.

Don't comment if you don't know.

I don't want to kick off an argument about it cause you could be right, but it only says it matches the description of the axe of Grimnir.

If you are right, then how can he, Gotrek and Thorgrim all wield one of the axes when there were two.

Also, thanks for the share. I hadn't seen that pdf before.

I wanted to make a Bretonnian army out of Perry Miniature Samurai, and I was just about to order it when I saw a post on my local forum, about 120 Brets for about 50$, got a sweet fucking deal. And there's still some things to put together. 2 grail relicae and a set of knights, archers and men at arms

I've been rebuilding my Bret army via ebay and if you have $1000, you can get a well painted army off of there for that much. I saw an amazingly painted army go for $500. I was sad I didnt have more to spend on it. Buying stuff piece meal on there will destroy your budget, but if you keep an eye open and just look for every item listed on there, you'll find some great deals. Just make sure to search for Bretonia AND Bretonnia .

Build a big rusty sword and shave off khorne markings

Wow crazy good deal what is this forum

Clean your nails. Its disgusting!
nice Conversion though

Selling 25 5th ed bret Knights on eBay my dudes

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/x25-brettonian-knights-/282152782982?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

Age of Sigmar was a mistake.

>35 gpb shipping

Posting my wip version of a verminlord kos. It's a ton of work definitely, but I'm having fun with it.

Repost from last thread:
In what unit sizes should the following units be played (at 1k and 2k points if it matters):
Skeletons, ghouls, zombies, black knights, grave guard, spirit hosts, fell bats and bat swarms.
Don't need explanations just the numbers are fine

Weird fucked up sexual shit that makes people uncomfortable is best Slaanesh.

If you don't have any bretons, just build them from fireforge games miniatures. They bascially have the full range except for pegasi, maids and the trebuchet. And models for these aren't hard to find.

Local gaming thing, if you're in Ontario

I also knew the guy personally

>48 very convincing foot sergeants for 39 euros

>12 mounted yeomen for 27

Very tempting actually.

Not that user, but best Slaanesh is weird thing you want to fuck but are also afraid to. If it's just weird fucked up sexual shit that doesn't arouse you, it's not Sllaanesh.

Posted in /wip/ yesterday, the begginings of a Great Unclean One conversion from a Maggoth Lord.

The is the first time I have ever used greenstuff, and in this instance it was just to plug the holes from the riders mount that was replaced by one of the Maggoth Lord spare heads

1/2

2/2 again, first ever greenstuff attempt

This is how I Slaanesh.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC6vcScTwXc

Wow good greenstuff work, especially for your first time

Pretty nice work. I would add some more greenstuff to other areas of the model to make the circular greenstuff pattern less obvious.

I think in a month they'll release archers. I think I'll go for some when I finished my first batch of vampire counts. Maybe mixing them with a frostgrave solder box will give them a more fantastic feel. Or I'll just put books, fleur-de-lis and other stuff on them. The only unit that'd need major conversion would be the pegasi, but I never liked them that much anyway...

Yeah to the USA, which is cheapest shipping Royal Mail do.

to England its only £3

So my 1000pt Everchosen list looks simple. Its basically:

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)
Varanguard x 3 (360)
Varanguard x 3 (360)
Reserve pool (160)
Total 1000

So I have 160pts to summon something to help out my army. Any ideas what I should look into?

The easy answers are:
Daemon Prince (160) (Probably Slannesh or Tzeentch)
Herald Of Slaanesh On Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Bloodcrushers x 3 (160)

as these are all 160 exactly and all three bring either crazy damage output or solid durability.

OR I could summon 2 of the following list in any combination.

Seeker Chariots Of Slaanesh x 1 (80)
Hellflayers Of Slaanesh x 1 (80)

This list gives me all fast and solid models that can ride along side my Varanguard and give my Gaunt summoner something to do besides being a Mystic Shield application tool.

What do you guys think will support (or look nicest with) my everchosen?

Oh that is looking awesome mate! Keep up the good work!

That's looking splendid! Glad you took the plunge! Your first green stuff attempt is awesome looking!

>even have super convincing paladin on foot models

>warstore is completely out of stock of everything I want to buy

>Bloodcrushers x 3 (160)

Mate, I have some bad news...

When you summon a bloodcrusher with the spell you only get ONE Bloodcrusher unless you roll very high, meaning you might blow all 160pts on a single Bloodcrusher model...

I think the Exalted chariot is perfect for thinning out hoards for the Varanguard with its d3 mortal wound spam so I would consider that one. Plus its only one model and looks amazing on the table, it would fit right in as long as you don't paint it like shit.

Hows my 1k moongrot list?

Moonclan Warboss
Moonclan Shaman
40 Moonclan Grots
40 Moonclan Grots
15Cave Squigs
6 Squig Herders
5 Squig Hoppers
2 Fanatics, 1 for each unit

any major flaws? too few/many goblin bodies without enough extra stuff to do actual killing or do goblins actually kill things now? Should I go down to 10squigs and 4 herders to actually take the Great Moonclan abilitiy?

I don't want to shill, but if you want helmets that look more like the bretons and less like teutonic knights check out mirlitons historical helmets. They even have just the ornaments. I don't know about the quality/size and stuff or if they are even remotely available to you. I know that some shops do sell their stuff though.
mirliton.it/index.php?cName=arms-and-weapons-helms
Last shilling for today. Thomarillions trebuchet:
thomarillion.de/?page=artikel_detail&id=754&origin=?page=search&q=trebuchet&slide=0

Those look pretty sweet but I'm actually good on Knights, I just need men at arms with shields. That and the different helmets on the mounted yeomen really make them stand out next to a unit of Knights

anybody have a link to the end times .pdf? t.

Check the WHFBG

So now when GW are trying to clean their storehouses with releasing Kill Team, are there any similar non-unit rulesets or formats for AoS?

Never mind, based eBay had them for 20% off and free express shipping.

Lady vult

You have been tasked by GW to make a Age of Sigmar RPG. What would you do in terms of PC's (e.g focusing on Stormcasts or an all human party) and where would you set it?

Regiments of Renown

Silver Tower made a good start on this. The opening book would be Order as a whole going out into the mortal realms trying to find treasure, glory or revenge.

Stormcast are higher level starting class or an approved-by-Gm prestige class for a suitably lawful good player. They're closer to warriors of chaos than space marines in comparison to normal humans but they have very high resistance to disease, mental status and fear plus have access to deathwatch style feats of strength. Essentially the AD&D paladin class. Knight Questors or Errant Questors only at launch.

>darkshards have the option to take shields.
Why you do this GW? There is no easy way to model this, but you'd have to be fool to not just take a free upgrade like that.

That's greenstuff under them nails chum, greenstuff and sweat.

Given the game allows things like each individual model shooting at a different target, I'd say it scales downwards pretty well as is. Allow units to be taken with just 1 model, ban behemoths, ban heroes with more than 5 wounds* say, set points at 200-300 if you're using points, and you're done.

*I haven't actually gone through and checked whether this leaves any factions with no heroes. Number can obviously be adjusted.

I'd do an RPG based around the Call Of Archaon novel. Each player is a chaos dude wanting to make it into the ranks of the varanguard, requiring them to face many trials and cross many realms. Would make a change from the standard bunch o' shiny heroes, at least.

I have a big rusty sword from the old GUO kit.
Maybe a Giants hand for the second one?

Thanks guys

Thanks and that's a really good point, Ill add a few more trails from the circular ring of green stuff

>not domina vult

Just put the shields on their backs

>Allow units to be taken with just 1 model, ban behemoths, ban heroes with more than 5 wounds* say, set points at 200-300 if you're using points, and you're done
Maybe I will just try to use only Storm of Sigmar models

You need a Mangler, you need it there to distract everything from your Grots who are going to March in and stab the shit out of everything with their warbosses buff

He killed 10k Chaos Warriors in a single quest?

What is this meme from. I love it and see it everywhere I just don't know...

Saying so, is there anywhere a .pdf SoS rulebook?

I think it came from /twg/ on Veeky Forums? Either that or /gsg/