Magical Girl Noir Quest

Your name is Chiaki Matsuda, and you are a Magical Girl.

A Magical Girl about to make the trip to the moon - to the FUCKING moon - in order to watch someone important in your life get executed. All for daring to attack the most powerful Officio ever organized.

You're not too sure how you feel about things, to be honest. In fact, you're not even sure what you'll do, say or even think once you see her - the one other person that had stood by you, nurtured you, shed a lot of blood, sweat and tears just to help you get you to where you are now - clapped in irons, presented to the public, and prepared for the slaughter like the animal they'd made her out to be.

It's...you don't know why you're so confused about it. Something like this, something this SERIOUS and involving someone as important as her in your life - it shouldn't even be a question for you. Your reaction would just be as immediate and as direct as your response, and it would end with you pulling out each and every fucking gun, every goddamn bomb in your shield to lay waste to the First and bring her back.

To rescue HER from certain death. The fact that you'd be leaving such a power vacuum behind in doing so - leaving the world vulnerable to whatever the First protected it from - or even the fact that you may not even survive your foolhardy assault - it wouldn't even come up. All you would be focused on would be to bring her back.

Hate. Rage. Fear. Concern. All these and maybe more, emotions you should be feeling right at the moment. All of them valid. All of them appropriate.

All of them human.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But you never expected this...coldness. Not this hesitation.

Not this inexplicable numbness that seemed to fill your body with a nerveless chill, so much so that it took you several attempts to put on your costume.

...Yes, your costume. Or at least a mundane, real-world replica of your actual one, the one that you could easily manifest onto your body with a simple flick of your wrist. One of Kyuubey's demands pre-lunar travel - that you make the journey untransformed, with your Soul Gem in its inactive state. Apparently, you being exposed to such an event while transformed presents a much greater risk of your true nature being found out more than simply going as yourself, so...yeah. That's how it's going to go.

Fine. Whatever. Anything to get him to shut up.

Anything to silence the mutant cat bastard's voice echoing in your mind - especially the bit when he told you how the First would be executing her in the most humane way possible.

He didn't exactly outline the method itself, nor give you any sufficient description for you to make an educated guess - but he stressed that it would be 'virtually painless'.

For the most part, anyway.

+ You don't look so hot, Nameless One. Are you sure you're going to be okay? + Your younger, cuter, frumpy-black-gown-clad reflection says from your bathroom mirror as you start to brush your teeth. + You could just have someone else attend this, you know. Kyoko, maybe. Or Sayaka. I'm sure they'd appreciate the chance to say goodbye. +

How do you respond?

[]No. I'm going. I don't trust anyone else to.
[]Shut up, smartass. Let me brush my fucking teeth.
[]No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.
[]Write-in.

[X]Shut up, smartass. Let me brush my fucking teeth.

It's that time again.

>[]Shut up, smartass. Let me brush my fucking teeth.

[X] Shut up, smartass. Let me brush my fucking teeth.

>[]No. I'm going. I don't trust anyone else to.
>[]No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.

Can Kyoko brush our teeth instead?

>[]No. I'm going. I don't trust anyone else to.

>[x]No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.

Sounds like a plan.

[x]No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.
>have you any particular reason for me to not participate?

>[x]Brush Kyoko's teeth

voting this

>[x] No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.
>[x] You got any particular reason?

So, where is my "that time of the day"?

[x]No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.
+1
>have you any particular reason for me to not participate?

shut the fuck

>[x] No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.
>[x] You got any particular reason?
Seconding this

>[X]Shut up, smartass. Let me brush my fucking teeth.

Let's hope it doesn't suddenly start raining!

Have the theme of this story arc instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8

You killed me.
Also, vote's called, right?

I haven't seem one of decu's slaves make the announcement yet.

>[]No one is saying goodbye to anyone. Not while I have anything to say about it.
I'm late again!

The best time of this cycle is finally here!

Feel's like you deserve it.

>43 mins
>25 replies
Seems like today is a slow day?

No early archive bullshit I guess

We can't wait to go visit Deculture at his moon base.

Expect lots of moon showers.
Or in the First Officio's case, lots of witch showers

So, to let the shadowruns flow, I'll ask one question about the thing that bothers me.

> Your younger, cuter, frumpy-black-gown-clad reflection says from your bathroom mirror
What's with her getup? She's not wearing our costume (which supposed to be a replica of our standard meguca costume). She doesn't wear a Mitakihara Middle School uniform like Smartass did either.
It's the Ai's black gown that we wore to hide our new look from Pinky, right?

You should stop over thinking and turn your brain off, user.

Remind me again what our 4th stoodge was called?

Yeah, about that. I kinda assumed it was one of our dolls, but now that you mention it.

Could it be that 4th Homura that we found in our DEagle after the other three turned around and deserted us?

Turn your brain off, lick the soulgem, then hand it over.

It will be the perfect plan.

Well, braids didn't deserted us, she was dragged of, wasn't she?

I don't see anything at all wrong with that.

4th stooge is TTO iirc

I know, but why?

There'll be time to do that when we'll have to do something important. When it's about unimportant details, shadowruns must flow.

Smartass.

Wasn't there a theory that Smartass is Ai?

That reflection may be TTO. Or one of her seven deadly sins.

Me neither.

Is it summoning time?

NYAN NYAN

ON THE EDGE

SNAKE EATER

RULES OF NATURE

No one's saying goodbye to anyone, you grumble around your toothbrush and the mouthful of toothpaste froth dripping between your lips. Not while you have to say anything about it.

+ Aha. So there's actually some life underneath those eyebags, sallow cheeks and hollowed-out mug you call a face. + Your prettier, more confident self snickers at you, and for a brief moment you contemplate simply smashing the mirror with a headbutt. Only for a moment, though, one that you let slip - along with your reflection's barb - as you let out a dismissive grunt and continue on as normal. Hoping that she'd get the hint that you're not in the mood and just fuck off already.

Fat chance of that happening, though. + I think I heard some actual conviction in that statement, too, even if it did sound like you were trying to talk while giving the world's clumsiest, sloppiest blowjob. + Another snicker, this time bordering on a giggle. + Well, it's a start, at least. Maybe you'll be back to your old self again by the time that it actually matters. +

...More prophecy, you glower as you spit into the sink and continue brushing your teeth. More fucking future-telling. You've HAD FUCKING ENOUGH of it. From cryptic clues and Oriko's - no, Ahriman's - convoluted psychobabble to even Kharn's hackneyed attempt at explaining some sort of cyclical karma bullshit, you have just had ENOUGH of being spat dark futures and dire fortunes at you at every FUCKING turn.

Every single time you try to find out something or do something, it's always some sort of accursed prophecy hitting you in the face and expecting you to cower in fear or get chills up your spine.

[1/2]

BREDDY GUD

Sure, it was spooky and probably even genuinely disturbing the first couple of times - and in those times you bled and hurt and suffered trying to stop them from coming true - but with the handful of people you care about now either missing, or comatose, or about to get summarily executed, they're fast becoming less of something to actually be worried about and more of something that'd set you off in a heartbeat. A fucking rage trigger, or something like that. Yeah.

...As angry as you are at them, though, this is...well, this is Smartass you're talking to. And she promised to be much more honest, much less...cryptic than the others you've tried to get information from. So her telling you that it may be a good idea for Sayaka or Kyoko to go might be a hint.

And so you ask her, after rinsing your mouth out for the second time, and giving your toothbrush one last rinse.

+ Hm? Ah, not really. Don't think too much into it. + She waves a hand. + It's just, you know, she's - yes, I know we're not up to saying or thinking her name right now, so I'm not going to say it - SHE'S important to them, too. Kyoko, Sayaka, you. Always those three constants, besides...you-know-who. + She points towards your right arm, where your Shield should be if you were transformed. + It's especially true in this particular timeline, even when you factor in everything that's happened so far. +

But does she think there's some actual benefit to sending either Sayaka or Kyoko in your stead--

[2/3]

Are you even trying?

Holy shit, it acctually worked

+ No, I already told you. + Your reflection shakes its head, a gesture you personally have done so many times it's a wonder you haven't unscrewed your skull off your neck yet. + It's...it's just me trying to think of someone else other than ourselves, you know? My thought process isn't going towards - if they'll appreciate it and get us points or something, or if it'll unlock some sorta happy or special ending with them involved. No, it's just me thinking that they may want the chance to say goodbye, especially to someone like her. Someone who'd been a big part of their lives. I mean...wouldn't you want to? +

...Yeah, but--

+ There're no buts about it. It's just the way things are. + Smartass lets out a sigh. + Then again, it's probably for the best that they don't go. +

Why?

+ Neither of them are really equipped to handle that kind of thing, in that kind of place. Emotionally and psychologically. + Your reflection gives you a small, tired smile. + This is your show, Nameless One. Our show. And as much as I'd like to foist this off to someone else, maybe live out our days somewhere peaceful with an unlimited amount of alcohol - there's no one else who can do this but us. Alone. Somebody else might get it wrong.+

How do you respond?

[]What are my chances?
[]What do you think I should do?
[]Tell me there's something good waiting at the very end, at least. Tell me I'm not just doing this for my fucking health.
[]Write-in.

piping hot tragedy here we come

>[]What are my chances?
>[]What do you think I should do?
>[]Tell me there's something good waiting at the very end, at least. Tell me I'm not just doing this for my fucking health.
>[]Tell me this isn't just one last night at the opera.

>[]What are my chances?

Planning time.

The other choices are meaningless. We know we have the chance of a bucket in hell and that there's no happy endings anymore.

Should we summon the dolls and do some OPERATING discussion before going?

>[]What are my chances?

Theres nothing good waiting for us at the end.

We're doomed and cursed but at least we can keep some people safe.

Would bringing Kyoko lower the chances of her joining the second ?

>[X]What do you think I should do?
>[X]Tell me there's something good waiting at the very end, at least. Tell me I'm not just doing this for my fucking health.
>[X] Any other "bright" ideas?

Well, if she gets killed, yes.

Expoentially. 'cause she will probably die.

Guys, we're not bringing anyone else. Remember that the whole point of the op is to (true)/falseflag this operation as The Fucking Devil wrecking shit around and liberating Mami accidentally so the Ninth doesn't get purged. No one else gets involved.

[] how bad of an idea is it to approve their transfer to the Templars?

She will probably sacrifice herself to save us from a future fuck up we will probably do, so yes since that's how we roll

There you are you depressing fucks! I've been reading through this glorious shitshow for the past week or so (Still working up my courage for part 24, Iori deserved better) and I feel the need to ask: How much worse is this going to get? Because the /k/ shit and 40k shit is really fun nd interesting, especially form a world building perspective, and the story has been really cool and unique so far. But then the horrible, life destroying, "all of your decisions are wrong and horrible" feeling sinks back in. And yes, I know that it's a noir story (even though I'm very unfamiliar with the genre) but if I'm going to keep going through this, I just need to know how much pain I'm in for.

Also, will actual yuri happen, or are you just going to fuck with me forever? I don't need to know with who, I just want to know.

>[]What are my chances?

It's plan time. Time to prepare for the worst and expect the best

Except maybe final farewells to our leads with instructions to disavow everything and not come find us afterwards.

>[X]Tell me there's something good waiting at the very end FOR SOMEONE I LIKE at least. Tell me I'm not just doing this for my fucking health.
Note the addition.

>all your decisions are wrong and horrible
Oh boy, you will love the shitstorm that was Malalquest.

And yes, we went /u/

All the worse.

Worse. WAY worse. It wouldn't be MGNQ if Questmasta wouldn't find a way to make things worse.

But read the archvies. And you will know if /u/ happens.

Yuma did nothing wrong.

Why don't you fuck off, keep reading and find out for yourself?

>How much worse is this going to get?

this is the only answer you'll get.

Hahahaha!

>[x]What are my chances?
More accurately, how catastrophically bad is this going to go?

Ok good. /u/ will make any depressing story bearable if it is adorable enough.

>not hahaha!
You fucked up.

[x]What do you think I should do?
[x]Write-in
"What can you tell me about defenses, and resources I can call on? Can those fucking Dolls help me out by causing an Omega Witch to crash the party and whisk her away in the confusion?"

>[x]What are my chances?
>The help from two eversors could come in handy, but they may just as well become vulnerabilities. I'm counting on your help though.
Just a reminder that Smartass is a living lie detector. Pretty handy when we'll meet Mami.

>[X]What are my chances?
We're not bringing anyone else so I reckon they are pretty slim.

Much, much worse but also amazing at the same time.
There won't be explicit lewd writing but the rest is cute so it's alright.

everything will be fucked up. even the QM's laughter

The ride hasnt even begun. You will look back at Iori days as a peaceful meadow of calm and happiness.

Don't worry, it's not that DEPRESSING.
Just...

You know.
Bad.

More detail please, that was half a year ago and in my memory the plan never went beyond a rough outline.

Malal did everything wrong.

Ayy, meant Yuma Quest, half a year of hiatus really made me mix some of the names up.

Oh and we did a horribly stupid decision during the Akashic Realm arc which essentially locked any chances for the Good End.
We either aim for the True End or suffer the Bad End

>Smartass is a living lie detector
But don't depend on her completely; she can still give false positives.
The very nature of her ability to suss out lies is also what makes it also so unreliable, especially in a timeline where we did nothing but fuck up.

True end = Best end.

Mami got the full datadump from Green Green after we manifested. And apparently she was working off data most likely provided from the 1st that chiaki was going off the edge and not, fighting to stay on the level.

After she woke from the dreamscape she went berserk in the moonbase and got captured and is now being sentenced to death. As her Warmaster, we're invited to her execution.

Frankly its a god damn setup.

That was the totality of the plan. Arrive, quiet corner, transform into Homusatan, kick all the ass, tell someone to get fucked and Mami escapes in the chaos.

A typically terrible plan.

I just want to live a peaceful life and grow old with our waifus and bear children

>And apparently she was working off data most likely provided from the 1st that chiaki was going off the edge and not, fighting to stay on the level.
Not just the First, but also from Pinky who was masquerading as Godoka.

>bear children
SOUL GEMS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

She tried to kill the 1st's Warmaster during a spar, or that is what they want us to think anyway.

People keep saying that it's full of HUGE AND SCARY CONSEQUENCES but hardly anything happened that was entirely our own fault or that could have been meaningfully prevented.

Why are our children bears?

We are going to have a threesome with Midori and Wendy on the beach. Their will be bikinis, and alcohol, and a mountain of pancakes.

That is how this is going to end. You wait and see.

Essentially,
We're sorta the Devil the incubators fear the most in the universe, but we really aren't. For now, anyway. At least Kyuubei hasn't killed us yet.

Mami tried to kill the warmaster of the motherfucking 1st Officio, where every regular mg is like an elite in any other Officio. She was captured and pending execution.

Kyuubei was pondering about a rescue operation, but thought it was exceedingly difficult, not only for the rescue itself but because the Ninth would probably get purged afterwards even if it worked.

So the plan is to get us there, in disguise as not-the-Devil, and then reveal ourselves and blow the place up like if it was Sayaka's kneecaps. However the operation goes, if anyone asks Kyuubei he can say he didn't know about us being fucking Homucifer because if he did he would have killed us. So the Ninth should be safe in any case.

We could have prevented little pete from being small pieces of pete

You can't, we have to kill an eldrich monstrosity
.You should know that Godoka is godoka whenever she is not pinky, and Pinky IS godoka
Looking Forward to her Execution
>pic related

Wasn't there an alternative plan where we use the Clara Dolls to get one of the super Witches that the First is constantly fighting to crash into the base and cause chaos, so that the Dolls, who are invisible to anyone not touched by Pinky or TTO, can sneak in and grab Mami in the confusion?
And while this is happening we stand around and look conspicuous so that when people ask we say "Hey, you all saw me, I wasn't nowhere near Mami's cell when she disappeared."

[x]What do you think I should do?

NEVER

TELL

ME

THE

ODDS

If I recall, they wanted nothing to do with the First.