MAGIC LORE

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/homesick-2016-08-29

>"Nicely done," Gideon laid a massive hand on Nissa's thin shoulder. She twitched and inhaled sharply. The tree-beast swung toward him and shook itself, leaves rattling a feline hiss.

>Liliana smiled and followed. Behind her, Gideon's voice echoed from the courtyard bricks. "Nissa, before you go. That thing I do, where I clap people on the shoulder? Does that make you uncomfortable?"

>Liliana paused at the door, listening. If the elf responded, her words weren't audible.

>"I'm sorry. I hadn't realized. I won't do it again." Liliana couldn't imagine his expression, but his tone dripped such brown-eyed-shaggy-dog sincerity her lips twitched with irritation.

>"Thank you." Barely more than a whisper of wind on leaves.

>"If anything makes you uncomfortable, let me know, all right? Especially if it's me."

Such wonderful, natural-feeling dialogue!

Other urls found in this thread:

wizardsmagic.tumblr.com/post/148861436266
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Wizards attempt at conditioning their male demographic to resepct women and their personal space

Glad this made it into the story line.

And Chandra still explore her bisexuality this time with Liliana.

When did Nissa become a mute emo? Why does Chandra sound like a 13-year old girl?

>Gix will never return and become to new Father of Machines
>Gix will never pimp slap the shit out of Elesh Norn
>Gix will never conquer Kaladesh with his superior Artificer skills

When they falled in love with each other.

So Kaladesh is going to be Nissa & Chandra lovefest while Gideon investigate and Jace and Lili keep tsundering to each other ...

lesbian threesome when

Its ok, they openly pushed Liliana and Chandra - speaking openly with a shirt falling off and no pants on, tying her bodice drawstring for her and playing with each other's hair.

They meant it to seem "sisterly" but it sure as hell didn't read that way.

To be fair Liliana does make everything sexy.

>Gix returns
>First thing he does is build a shit ton of Dragon Engines
>mfw

This wasn't a great article. The writer does a good job of portraying some of the more fantastical elements, such as how Nissa deals with being a nature mage on a world with almost no real nature.

But the have a problem with character voice. Not only do a number of the characters speak and think in ways that seem out of character, these are largely the same OOC mannerisms across the bunch. In their attempt to make casual dialog between members of the Gatewatch, everyone is casual in the same manner/language, instead of reflecting their incredibly different cultures and viewpoints. Everyone is just a bit too flippant and modern-casual for my tastes.

Lilliana, for example, hardly strikes me as the sort of person to say 'Hell no'.

Yeah Fuck this shit, I thought there was a thing between Chandra and Gideon because of the old stories. Also didn't Nissa used to be a bad ass elf nazi, now they are all tumblr the gathering. Fuck this, mtg is all I had left free from the shit. You want to make new characters gay, I don't care. But to take the old characters and just change who they are for the tumblr pennies is insulting yo the older fan base.

>mfw WotC Poos in the lol your plainwaifu homework and now she's a lesbian with a free elf.

At least Anafenza is dead so they can't tumblr here up. I am hoping at least Thalia will stay straight.

>Also didn't Nissa used to be a bad ass elf nazi
That wasn't really a retcon, they had a story two years ago where she realized her "fuck you elves are better" attitude is what caused her to be dumb enough to release the eldrazi in the first place, so she's tried to be more "accepting" of people.

And Chandra's red, the color most likely to do who and whatever the fuck it wants. Always has been.

>Chandra canonically has freckles
I'll take it. Thanks for spitting in the face of all official character art, Chris L'Etoile. That was worth your disjointed characterizations.

Can you put on a trip so I'm not fooled by imitation Gixposters? I want the genuine article.

what?

Gideon thundered down the stairs, taking them two at a time as he yanked a shirt down over his various bulges, ripples, and throbbing bits
>"throbbing bits"

Is that supposed to be Lili's narration or is it 3rd person.

Chandra has had freckles for a long time, but yea the characterizations in this were the weirdest thing.

I'm surprised they went straight "sitcom house" with the jacetice league.

>they had a story two years ago where she realized her "fuck you elves are better" attitude is what caused her to be dumb enough to release the eldrazi in the first place, so she's tried to be more "accepting" of people.
Yea except that canonically happened long after she had left Zendikar (and you know, after she actually came back and did the smashy smashy).

In the origins retcon she's always been a precious dindu.

I'm not, sitcom house was a good idea, just the writing was bad.

So why is Chandra a timid nervous lesbian now.

I mean she used to be sort-of implied to be a lesbian but I had assumed that went away with the origins retcon.

So why are they going to Kaladesh? What kind of backlash happened with sealing Email? Is Nahiri dead? Is it worth going back and catching up?

Chandra's homesick and the inventor fare is goingon

Very little, actually. The first time in a while where they did something sort of surprising.

No, she's fine. She just fucked off.

Yea I think all of Shadows/EDM stories are ok to great.

Alright thanks

Gideon's huge, man

He probably throbs all the time

Yeah and that's fine but she's just a total pussy now, really did some Eldrazi mindrape her into trauma or something?

So is Sorin effectively dead now?

I'm more than a little confused about Nissa's new trauma too.

I'm assuming Nissa's been off of Zendikar for an amount of time in her life (she's also apparently at least 40, the old hag) but she's treating Ashaya's loss as some earth-shattering development for her.

She also apparently frequently disassociates and just becomes a fucking plant somewhere on the planet and then forgets basic vocabulary.

No he's just hanging out in markov manor.

Fuck you for reminding me asshole

You mean you don't want Jund?

Also, the Purifying Fire is officially retconned. Gideon in this story confirms he knows nothing of Chandra's past with her parents and whatnot. In that book, she spilled her sob-story into his lap. So, yeah, no longer canon.

I blame Sarkhan for resetting the timestream.

No he's just stuck in a wall.

If the wotc account is to believed, Hanweir is still alive and kicking and comes by to say hi to him every so often.

>I blame Sarkhan for resetting the timestream.
Literally only affected Tarkir (somehow).

Wotc confirmed they don't give a single shit about the story or its characters and will change them at the drop of a hat if they think it'll "better suit their needs".

I'm still salty over that 'vorthos' panel.

>So why is Chandra a timid nervous lesbian now.
It's how this writer wanted to portray her, I guess. With any luck, she'll be back to

>You killed the Eldrazi...because you could
>>Damn right we could

soon enough. This is just how this writer decided to interpret her. Which is to say, so ADD she's practically brain-damaged.

I don't see why they ping pong with their characters.

Just fucking introduce new ones with that character.

Or actually get writers who understand the slightest thing about any of their personalities (though that in itself is a bit muddy since origins).

Good fucking riddance, that man was a plague.

>If the wotc account is to believed, Hanweir is still alive and kicking and comes by to say hi to him every so often.

It's because they keep changing writers. It's the same plague that comics have. Except comics have had 80 years to get SLIGHTLY better at keeping consistency. This is new for WotC. Give it time. It'll level out when they get a regular handful of writers going steady. I just hope we don't get Literally-retarded Chandra and get the Chandra we've been getting fairly consistently for the past half-year.

>making characters gay meme

You do realise Nissa's sexuality has never been confirmed before, right?

Well if we get literal retard chandra at least we get lili doing shit with her and nissa's elf autism doing stuff with her

Why would anyone want a retarded old canon character over the nifty White phyrexian villain?

Jund lesbians leaves Jace and Gideon open for Jace/Ral and Gideon/Ajani

Emrakul spawn decay and die in her absence you idiot

Yeah, Lili was pretty good all around this week. I was fine with her and Chandra's interactions in the first third of the story. But then, when the author tried and failed to write Chandra's pov parts, she fell flat to me.

At least she followed through and actually built that fucking sandcastle.

Yea, eventually.

Vestige of Emrakul was still on Zendikar and she'd been gone for what, months?

This story was way too fucking domestic for my tastes, am I reading fantasy literature of fanfiction? Also way to not give any closure on Innistrad, good to know the fate of its inhabitants mean jackshit, nice gatewatch you got there WOTC.

>Gideon reduced to beefcake joke characterization, shown as mentally incapable of sympathizing with Nissa despite being aware enough that his shoulder clasps bothered her, is he dense or not make up your minds
>Chandra suddenly losing any sense of cool confidence, reduced to the mental capacity of a 13 year old, even begins speaking like one when she speaks with Nissa, because that's what anxiety is, SHOUTING MENTALLY and speaking with limited english apparently

Nissa's awkward state at least makes sense, being crammed in a giant sprawling metropolis is probably suffocating, that coming right after Emmy's little gangrape with her and Tamiyo and she can't be in a good state.

Jace was alright, I like how Lavina bullies him.

Lili is lili, nothing out of the ordinary.

Is it just me or are all the gatewatch women turning bisexual?

I think the only (relevant) characters that have ever actually done sexual things are Jace and Lili.

Elspeth's not relevant

I want Elspeth back dammit. White/Black maybe since she's just a spirit now?

So is Chandra goku now? Solid and super confident in a fight but mentally retarded outside of one?

... Links are needed.

I need to laugh!

wizardsmagic.tumblr.com/post/148861436266

That non-canon jokey shit is the best.

I like it when I can get it. (Un- set 3 when?)

>Non-canon
>He doesn't believe in the power of denim walk

>Implying that I have pants on while posting.

Why do you thunk that is user?

but they still fucked right?

Pretty much.

Pretty much that but if Goku also was fucking Vegeta on the side.

Hopefully, her being this retarded was just the incompetence of this week's writer. Hopefully she's better next time.

Did they said that literally?

I mean, it's already evident given the way they write, but I want to know if they've accepted that's the new plan.

This tumblr pandering is going to ruin everything I enjoy about the game, awesome
No one is safe not even Ghost Waifu's

WOW, that's fucking retarded, they aren't even trying to hide it, why the fuck would I even want to be invested in the story if I can predict the ending.
>Come to a plain bad stuff is happening
>Gatewatch Shows up
>Problem solved
>Also did you see the hundreds of fags, trans, blacks, spics, muslims, and other mentally ill shit we jammed in our story.