Warhammer 40k General

1Copy pasted links edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40klib.ru/
youtu.be/IH0iNjlwjjE?t=2m40s
drive.google.com/open?id=0B20ZFeyGKxcwLWNQV2VHM203VUU
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's start this general off with some bingo! Today's free tile is List Disasters.

What are you working on Veeky Forums? Play any games recently? Plan on playing any soon?

This thread is claimed by CHAOS
CHAOS will rise again

5 Deathwatch Terminators with TH/SS and Cyclones.

Pew fucking pew.

More snakegirl recon teams. Tomorrow I'm getting into a 3000 point game with Space Marines against orks. I'm using the RG decurion from AOD, and ork player is using the Space 0din dex, along with it's decurions.

What's with the dragon head exhaust ports?

Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation:
[Cult Mechanicus - Battle Congregation:]
HQ1: Tech-priest dominus; digital weapons, infoslave skull, stasis field, autocaduceus of arkhan land 105 WARLORD
Troop1: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
Troop2: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165

Fortification: Imperial Bastion; escape hatch 100

[Imperial Knights - Oathsworn Detachment:]
LoW1: Imperial Knight Warden; stormspear rocket pod 375

[Skitarii - Battle Maniple:]
Troop1: 10 Vanguard; enhanced data tether, omnispex, arc maul, arc pistol, 3 plasma calivers, refractor field, digital weapons, pater radium 100
Troop2: 10 Rangers; enhanced data tether, omnispex, arc maul, arc pistol, 3 arc rifles, refractor field, digital weapons, phosphenix 120

Elite1: 5 Ruststalkers; refractor field, digital weapons, prehensile dataspike, skull of elder Nikola 160
Elite2: 5 Infiltrators; refractor field, digital weapons, infoslave skull, omniscient mask 185

FA1: Sydonian Dragoon; phosphor serpenta 45

Heavy1: Onager Dunecrawler; icarus array, cognis manipulator, cognis heavy stubber, mindscanner probe 90

Officio Assassinorum Detachment:
Elite1: Culexus Assassin 140

Inquisitorial Detachment:
HQ1: Inquisitor Coteaz 100

total: 1850
kp: 13

Tournament worthy?

wh40klib.ru/

Add this to the general

So people can see how much better 3rd and 5th edition were in comparison to the newer ones.

One thing that has always annoyed me is that glancing hits can destroy tanks.

Here's another version:
Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation:
[Cult Mechanicus - Battle Congregation:]
HQ1: Tech-priest dominus; digital weapons, infoslave skull, stasis field, autocaduceus of arkhan land 105 WARLORD
Troop1: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
Troop2: 3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165

[Imperial Knights - Oathsworn Detachment:]
LoW1: Imperial Knight Warden; stormspear rocket pod 375

[Skitarii - Battle Maniple:]
Troop1: 5 Vanguard; enhanced data tether, omnispex, arc maul, arc pistol, 2 plasma calivers, refractor field, digital weapons, pater radium 55
Troop2: 8 Rangers; enhanced data tether, omnispex, arc maul, arc pistol, 2 arc rifles, refractor field, digital weapons, phosphenix 98

Elite1: 5 Ruststalkers; refractor field, digital weapons, prehensile dataspike, Skull of Elder Nikola 160
Elite2: 5 Infiltrators; refractor field, digital weapons, infoslave skull, omniscient mask 185

FA1: Sydonian Dragoon; phosphor serpenta 45

Heavy1: Onager Dunecrawler; icarus array, cognis manipulator, cognis heavy stubber, mindscanner probe 90

Holy Requisitioner:
Tech-priest Dominus 105
3 Kataphron Breachers; 3 heavy arc rifles 150
3 Kataphron Breachers; 3 torsion cannons 150

total: 1848
kp: 13

>flaff bibles
I have no idea what anything in that folder is, but I love it.

There's no need, it's already in the Mega Link for Rules Databases. Just look in Older Editions, it has every codex from Rogue Trader going all the way to 7th.

I'm too busy to work on my shit right now, but I'm thinking of adding actual fabric capes to my Pathfinders. I was going to do Ghillie capes for them out of fine gauze with flock, but it turned out terrible. So I thought I could sew them actual capes instead. Pic is a very rough trial on a Fire Warrior with thicker fabric, not much cutting to shape and sloppy stitching. I just wanted to see if it'd look decent. The real capes will be thinner/softer to flow better, cut to shape, painted and washed and possibly flocked a bit too.

I'm supposed to be playing a game against my buddy's Black Templars at some point but he's abroad and I'm busy so we'd need to schedule. It's not really on our priority list at the moment.

Why is He silent?!

Is it a test of faith?

The radio is off.

Pic from my last game. Almost finished painting my new Skitarii. Hope to expand into Cult Mechanicus soon. Probably gonna get some Kataphron Destroyers to deal with dem riptides.

Accept the squat. Turn your SoB into SM or IG. Move on.

My Imperial Guard army's beginning. Just assembling more Infantry and a Sentinel left before I get to painting.

No, I don't have a battle-ready army just yet.

Most definitely, if all goes well and the Primaris Psyker I ordered at my FLGS comes in, then I'll have a battle-ready army very soon, and then I can go use one of the free tables downtown.

Got a casual game coming up tomorrow, he's coming back into the hobby with his 1k sons and we both agreed CAD only. What do you reckon to my list, too few bodies might be an issue but I don't want to go super try-hard.

Buying up shit for my NDK list.

Challenge is keeping up the painting so i never have more than a dozen grey minis.

Please tell me you move the walker as a crab.

He wants to you to fuck off, he's annoyed with your constant bitching.

>playing against ap3 army
>bringing Ta'unar

Totally seems like a casual game

>that terrain
Try and put some love into your terrain. This is horrible.

It belongs to the store not me.

I always imagined it walking like the X-ATM092
youtu.be/IH0iNjlwjjE?t=2m40s

bait/10 Would sledgehammer

They're supposedly being used for a future campaign/warzone. In the meantime, there's a Veeky Forums fandex that's been getting made for the past few months over here: drive.google.com/open?id=0B20ZFeyGKxcwLWNQV2VHM203VUU

They plan to sell that? Weuew lad, i am at a loss for words.

my store terrain is just basecoated mechanicus standard at best.

New fag here

What is a kill team and why is everyone excited about it?

God-dammit that exact bait is in the fucking bingo.

Nobody is excited about it. Fuck off.

They have invuns.

What is google and why is noone using it?

Basically XCOM using 40k tabletop rules. The original incarnation was a cool idea with poor execution, everyone's hoping they get it right this time.

No m8 it's just stuff from all the boxes they have that we can use.

Just had my second game today, was pretty hype about it. Played my Eldar vs White Scars, 500pts. Match went right down to the wire: by end of turn 2 I was down to 2 Dire Avengers, 2 Bikes, Farseer and Scorpion Exarch. He had a tac squad plus Libby, 4 Bikes, a Land Speeder Storm and another squad of scouts.

Scorp Exarch ended up slicing through 4 bikes, the full scout squad and the tac squad the Libby was in, though he went down when the Libby Psychic Screamed him after running away from combat. Very close game, bad luck on both sides, Exarch was a character and definitely the man of the match. Can't wait to play again.

Speak for yourself.

You forgot Raptors user/Carnac. Raptors user is here, posting about his "monstergirl operators" again.

Exactly, there;s nothing to be excited about, it's old Kill Team, in which jetbikes rule

Busty rough riders?

busty ... rough ... riders ...?

And sister whining

You mean warp spiders, the jebike can't scatterlaser you if you jump the other side of a wall.

BUSTY CENTAUR ABHUMAN ROUGH RIDERS.

Here's a free tile, losers.
Also C&C my banner, pls no bully.

>Wall

It's Killteam not Zone Mortalis, there's few walls that a 12" move won't get you clear of.

The spiders jump to the other side after you declare you are shooting at them not before you've moved.

Find a a different font for that motto, also Our Martyred Lady are more about purging the hearts of the unrighteous with holy promethium.

Monstergirl user needs to an hero.

Cheers. I was struggling to find a font Gothic enough.
Also, it's very unusual for someone to be able to differentiate between SoB orders. Nice one.

only 375 what a bargain!

^_^

I'm going to do you a favor. Sisters of Battle are superior to those Mary Sue weeb bait Tau. The BR is a free space right?

>Go to LGS month ago
>Hi mr Seller, I want to play wh40k but I'm poorfag. I tought about buying start collecting box and paints bundle. Is there anyone who plays low points games or Kill Team HoR?
>Nah user, don't even think about it. These guys here have spent a few k of cash so why would they want to play small points games?
>Oh uh, so maybe AoS?
>Oh nononono we don't like it - there is no points system in this shit
>But in general's hand-
>Shhh we still don't like it

>Go to LGS yesterday
>Hey user, want to preorder new kill team box? We are all hype as fuck, finally we can play with something smaller

Well, fuck me.

So I picked up a Tyranids army and had my first game with them at 1500pts vs Harlequin's on Saturday.

I'm confused because I really didn't find them fun to play and I don't know if I should stick it out.

You guys ever had this experience? Am I better off just letting them go or should I keep playing and grind it out.

I have a feeling I just won't like them

Yea, the blood raven is always a free spot. Although I often give another free spot based on whatever whimsy I'm feeling at the start of the general.

I prefer to think of the bludd rahven space requiring someone posting the picture. It's not like it isn't in every other thread.

Tell him to fuck off.

Gotcha. Happy to get you a bingo.

I probably missed it by a general, but here's that 8 minutes of Inquisitor CGI Fan Film again. 4k is fun.

Also, here's an image of my favorite captcha
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

Why did you go for Tyranids in the first place? What attracted you to the army? Do you care much about winning, or are you more of a casual/fluffy player? What playstyle tickles your pickle?

Well you could try proxying your gaunts and other shit to go more assault based than shooty (or visa-versa or some other playstyles, big genestealer horde or something) before squatting your entire force.

Gaming stores are the worst. I'm lucky to live within driving distance of a tabletop club that runs every week. No fucking store owner pushing products that poison the playerbase.

Thread I challenge you to write me a list to get one thousand guardsmen on the table. I'm a big fan of blob guard and if you can write me a list I'll take pics of my progress towards it.

VA is cringe-worthy.
Characters are cool.
Imagery is cool.
Presentation is cool.
Why isn't the IG vet the protagonist?
I'm already getting annoyed at the Revolver Ocelot wannabe.

it's going to be at least a 4000 point army unless you go unbound

3000, because conscripts

Now with General's Handbook he surprisingly said that there will be a small AoS group probably but fuuuck - WH40K lore is so much better, I want to kill things with Nids. Sadly, wh40k players from this LGS are as conceited as him the only LGS and products seem to be not as much newbie-friendly as AoS bundles and boxes

Unbound is fine. I just want to be able to swarm the table in Guardsmen.

That sucks man, I hope you find somewhere decent for you to play.

I'm just thankful my local store has a beginners league/crashcourse and then a Start Collecting league followup.

>mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

i dunno, i havent been able to find a 3rd edition rulebook anywhere..

>Unless you go unbound

Conscripts are limited by numbers of platoons they attach to.

is MSU or max squad size better for daemons?

When did Tsons switch to blue from red?

I want my CSM thousand sons to be red

Have you considered Renegades and Heretics?

WIP guy here.
what SM chapter and CSM legion would would be easiest to sell on ebay?
I dont play 40k, I just like to paint

Well then how do you suggest we build it? Bare minimum on infantry and command squads and just fill the rest with conscripts?

I can never think of a reason bigger units are better in any army

Which larger scything talons should I source to convert tyranid Warriors into lictors?

Why holy terra?

Terra looks way too clean for the amount of Apocalypse it has survived. Krieg is a paradise planet by comparison.

Random Hive world would had been better. Specially with the background ads and flyers.

That said pretty cool would watch.

harder to make take panic tests
more bodies per CAD slot

MSU means more to shoot at, Max squad size is easier target but more deadly.

>VA is cringe-worthy
I dunno about that. I thought it was rather nice. But then again, I think shit like DoW is a bit cringy.

I'm just considering it because I already have fifty guardsmen and fifty conscripts painted up in Imperial colors. I'm also not a filthy heretic.

Depends on the demons.

After the heresy, according to one novel it was part of the Rubric of Ahriman.

>Why isn't the IG vet the protagonist?
>movie about the inquisition
>starring a fucking nobody

Well if your units can take REALLY neat unit-wide toys with a set price, not dependent on models, something that'd be a shitty investment on 5 men, but pretty awesome on say 15.

>On a board that's 90% RPG content
>Most RPGs based in Fantasy settings
>Cant handle Human x Monster hybrids

You should probably try Reddit

Why do chaos marines all have huge ridiculous horns on their helmets?

Assault mainly, one unit with a big footprint has a far larger area they can threaten than 2 units with half the size, and coupled with issues of the first unit you charge in blocking the second from getting into base contact, or at least making their charge distance longer. Some other shit like unit wide buffs with physic powers (or orders, IC special rules etc.) also warrants big units, largely the amount of shit in the game that will overkill a basic squad means their better be a damn good buff to go for massive unit over MSU for shooty units though.

Anybody wanna buy 3 carnifexes?
50% of GW price and they have 2 magnetised pairs of devourers each

Sometimes the horns grow on the helmets, the horns grown on the marines and they have to make holes for them, and sometimes the marines feel like decorating.

Terra, like all the hives, just builds on top of the shit below. And it's clearly part of the upper hive since they're going after an aristocrat. Still having Dante from DMC as the protagonist is going to grate.

If it's not about big oiled up musclebound übermenchen wrestling other big oiled up musclebound übermenchen it's gay as fuck.

Blood Ravens, Ultramarines, White Scars

World Eaters, Death Guard, or any major 30k Legion

Well the books about Macharius were told from the POV of his bodyguard, a guardsman. Personally, I find the most interesting way to tell a story about an interesting person is through the regular people around them.