EDH/Commander general

Babbies be cryin' edition

old thread RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface. (Outdated)
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-enjoyer-of-triggers/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-aristocrats-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-attacking-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Repostan' right at the beginning, in an attempt to preserve the quality of this thread:

Here are helpful ways to fix up these threads so they don't constantly devolve into shit:

>To that one guy who spergs everywhere about various things that aren't done his way, kindly fuck off. Yes, you have autistm, and you're probably mad about things beyond your control, but don't take it out on us. Whether it's proxies or stax or what-have-you, clearly you're always the same guy, if someone makes you mad on the internet, just go do something else.

>To that one guy who can't post properly, stop. Seriously, read a book or some shit. It looks like you're a sentient computer with a tentative grasp of the English language, and your insistence on spamming up these threads is awful. It's okay to have different opinions, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that explaining it over the course of 10,000 posts is going to help. You also don't have to reply to every single post, unless you have something meaningful to contribute.

>To that sub-sect of contrarian assholes who like to argue about established facts to piss that sperg guy off, stop it. You can shit up the modern thread all you like, but /edhg/ is a nice place full of nice people. I can't make you leave, but it would be nice if you didn't trigger all these new posters who have never seen the ol' "painter's servant should be unbanned"/"oloro is totally fair and balanced"/"you should ban sol ring" arguments before. While it is possible to have stimulating conversation on these topics, it won't happen, ever.

>To the rest of you, ignore these three groups of people, and these threads will improve remarkably. Giant, angry paragraphs, poorly formatted individual lines of text, and blatantly obvious shitposting should be ignored.

>inb4 people argue about this

REPOSTAN

How many sac outlets is too many for Alesha? First draft of my next deck has 12 which I feel like is too many, along with some spot removal, but I want to be consistent with good reanimation targets and ETB triggers.

You clearly give too much of a shit about internet forums

I think your strategy is a little screwy. Run 6-10 good ones if you want that to be a focus, but in those 6-10 sac outlets, make sure that you have a diverse range of effects generated from using them.

Can we talk about how this is the worst fucking flavor text on any commander? Like, custom card-tier bad.

What sac outlets are we talking about here?

post your list
there is no such thing as too many as long as they're the right ones

My Alesha deck runs 9 sac outlets, 4 of which are on creatures that can be reanimated by her ability. That way, I can usually always get at least 1 back if I need to.

Who is the best commander for MacGyver shenanigans?

That's fucking hilarious. That's like EM superfriends fluff bad.

>Got a field full of cheap creatures and cannon fodder plus a key line of anticipation.
>Burn guy casts blasphemous act
>Flash in Vigor
>Suddely have a board full of massive threats with no other creatures on the field
>My turn I just stampede two players and kill the last one next turn.

You're no less tolerable than they are.

Dralnu, maybe?

Here is my draft:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-enjoyer-of-triggers/

This is a fuck-around deck, but like one of you said, I feel like the sac effects aren't diverse enough.

Ima continue posting how I please, but thanks for your input

>MacGyver shenanigans
I'm not sure what you mean, pulling wins out of your ass? Building something out of what looks like nothing? I don't really get it.

S L O B A D

Go on. Why Slobad over, say, Daretti?

Holy shit, do you wanna get hacked?!

My Karador Rebels deck usually has a solution in the graveyard or the deck, especially if Conspiracy is in play. Karador Hatebears will generally have a hard-to-permanently-get-rid of tool box.

Kaho's basically a built-in toolbox, and in a Legacy environment blue has almost everything.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-enjoyer-of-triggers/
>no greater gargadon for off-the-board-sacrebleu

Not that guy but I could see how Slobad fits the macgyver theme since you can protect your key artifacts by sac'ing tiny Jank ones that may or may not have already given you their value

And isn't macgyver known for making something from what seems like irrelevant pieces?

Daretti is probably a good choice too though

Why are you trash talking custom card threads people for no reason? Fuck you too

Not all of them are bad, but the ones who post off-thread usually are awful.

ive seen worse

this card just has way too much going on, but at least he tried to balance it with the sac a million things on etb clause

Sac a million things to cast, rather. You can cheat it in any other way without penalty.

>play nekusar and have a slow start because no artifact ramp in starting hand
>t1 land + bloodchief ascension
>become the target immedeatly
>ascnension gets removed , everyone starts beating down at me
>drop Lil's Carress turn 3 spiteful visions turn 4
>t5 I'm at 12 life while everyone else is still at about 40
>drop land into mana wault, into gilded lotus into clever imprtsonator targeting lotus and drop reforge the soul
>whole table takes at least 20 each while I go down to 4 because of spiteful visions but have a hand that wins me the game and 12 mana next round but no board position aside from carress and spiteful visions
>next player blows up my enchantments and both gilded lotus
>player after that swings at me for lethal

oh good point

yeah a lot of the custom cards are pretty silly but if you've ever read one of those threads, a good majority of the posters are actually pretty conservative with their designs

Got the thread off to a shit start there fucko.

Oh shit I have a couple of those. I feel like I need more spot removal for my opponents' stuff, I'm in some of the best colors for it.

Maybe cut a couple sac outlets?

Daretti also paints an immense target on your forehead right when people see him across the table. They know what you're up to. Slobad, in my experience, can fly under the radar until he goes off.

Until people get wise to your shit and start blowing him up without a Mycosynth Lattice out.

Pretty good compared to these

thats always fun

>I've seen worse
>Worse
That's why.

>that +1 ability
>give all your shit haste forever

Holy shit

Holy SHIT

what the fuck am I looking at here

Give me a Callandor for Heartless Hidetsugu immediately. Holy shit.

Sweet fuck on toast, those are awful. Really really awful. Particularly those "prevent all the damage this creature has ever dealt" clauses. That artifact, which looks like the most balanced, is clearly the most busted. Also, that roll 2d6 thing is hilariously stupid. On average, when that hits, you're going to give everything +7+7. Also, that half mana is stupid as hell.

I'd cut:
>blasting station
>carnage altar
>altar of dementia
they're just to weak 'cept for blasting station and you're missing a combo piece for that
I'd also exchange one of your boardwipes for Planar Cleansing to hit noncreature permanents too.
I'd also advise you to throw in Elesh Norn and/or Always Watching and Sidisi, Undead Vizier because she's just good and swap Burial Rites for Dread Return so you can sac while you're reanimating and I think Goblin Sharpshooter would look good in your deck too.

Based conspiracy 2 making Beast Within, Phyrexian Arena, Burgeoning and Ghostly Prison hella cheap. EDH staples over 10 bucks are a cancer.

were those all over 10 bucks before?

time flies

i got my burgeoning for $12 but the other ones were $3-$5 like a year ago

conspiracy 2 really ended up being a better eternal masters than eternal masters, even modern got better reprints

New Recruiter makes me wish I still played.

Thanks dawg

Why Sharpshooter? Just curious

Maybe. Add diabolic intent. Ditch anklebiters since their effect triggers when you declare attackers and not from recursion. For sure throw in that recruiter from conspiracy.

Why'd you stop, user?

>spending 12 mana to affix an ability
Fervor is more useful 99% of the time.

not him but goblin sharpshooter is really good with sac outlets

I'm running a Pathfinder campaign with the same kitchen table bros and we're all way too busy to do both.

the Damnation reprint will happen next right? it must doesn't it? pls?

>mfw me and a friend drafted at our LGS and got bitch queen and arson goblin
we're building decks already. I'm doing a Monarch deck and he's slapping Grenzo into his Krenko deck

>see all these custom cards
>start looking through the few that I made
>find this
Fuck, I wish that was actually a thing. I would run the shit out of that commander.

>Draw opening hand
>Bojuka Bog is one of your only lands

Thats what bounce lands are for :3

those give me a headache.
they were bad enough when they were in ccg, dont post them here.

Literally bought a Phyrexian Arena for 10 bucks a month ago for my Gisa deck, just bought 4 for 3 bucks a pop. Conspriacy 2 was a love letter to commander players.

>Draw opening hand
>Cabal coffers is your only land in hand

Yeah the recruiter and new Grenzo have to find a spot. Ankle Shanker is something of a pet card but I'm not overly attached to it.

Naw, but a few of them were nearing 10 and all of them were over 5 dollars. It just makes them easier to obtain on a budget.
I really want that one for my Nahiri EDH.
>30 dollars
I should have expected this.

exactly what he said if you swing with all your weenies and bring you to like 3 life and you have sharshoter and a sac outlet you can just finish the job and don't need to wait for your next turn and you can even do it at instant speed

Meekstone, peacekeeper, retribution of the meek, are good ways to control.
>attack with alesha + goons
>recur peacekeeper
>no one can attack at all until you sac peacekeeper
>sac it on your turn or right before it
>repeat

Priest of the bloodrite also seems kinda neat. Bring him in, get demon (interacts with flameshadow conjuring or strionic for a second demon), sac it before upkeep.

I want it for like four decks. Karador Rebels... Opal-Eye control-hatebears... nuSigarda humans...

>30 dollars
>I should have expected this.
just wait a few weeks. he'll drop once enough of the set has been opened after all this is not bullshit masters set with a limited print run

whats some spicy tech for Xenagod?

>draw opening hand
>four lands
>three nonlands
>entirely mismatching colors

Hopefully. I am seeing some for actually like 15 bucks right now on ebay and I'm tempted but I really dislike paying that price for a single. I only did it for Stoneforge Mystic and like 2 weeks later the price shot way the fuck up because speculation of being unbanned in modern.

I also kind of want to see what my LGS lists their price as when they throw it up on their site.

>tfw the tracker says my new cards got to the post office at 3 AM today and still haven't gone out for delivery

Also rate my deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/

aggravated assault + savage ventmaw?
xenagos doesnt really have spicy tech beyond your usual red/green spices

Why, I'm sure glad you asked. Outside of the normal malignus/heartless hidestugu/vexing shusher stuff, I`d recommend xanthid swarm, price of progress, and this spicy bastard.. I usually run an anti-nonbasic land ramp sort of thing just to piss people off.

>Draw opening hand
>4 lands
>3 cards with matching colors and CMC No lands for 10+ draws and several cards that cost more than 4
That's when you know you fucked up

Untill someone breaks it at a legacy event (lol) that gets coverage (lolx2) it will continue to drop and settle around $5 then someone will buy it out and it will spike, till then wait a week or 2 the entire set will only get cheaper its a huge print run

Wouldn't Meekstone fuck with Alesha though?

Yes it would, he propably meant something else.

Can't think of what though. Only other thing I can think is Crackdown and that's for non-white creatures

I'm retooling my first EDH deck from baby Teysa to Ayli and I'd love some help figuring out the last few cuts, or what terrible cards I put in that need to go. I would like to stay as lifegain/control/aristocrats.

Please no Exquisite Blood or Felidar/Test, heading to new playgroup on Friday and I don't wanna risk coming off as terribly cheesy. Tree of Perdition going in as soon as I can trade for a copy.

Decklist here: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-aristocrats-1/

Give it to me straight Veeky Forums

what do you think about Leovold on the helm of Glissa the Traitor artifacts?
I want to build Glissa but I also want to abuse green's etbs with deadeye and since Leovold is a savage by himself I think it could work.
also anyone got some picy green cards for an artifact deck? I haven't build green in edh before.

Just chuck the super-ramped fuck once you're done with it.

me neither. maybe he meant meekstone after all but forgot that Alesha is reliant on creatures with power 2 or less

CLERICS

MORE CLERICS

Leovold with Teferi's and discard effects
then use Maro and were-maro to smack 'em down

Where would you slot this silly neato card?

Marduchesa

I might try Cleric Tribal later if I don't find Lifegain/Control fun. I'd love to use Preacher and Edgewalker. But you got anything for what it is now?

This guy is just calling my name

I already have a Voltron deck but a 2-drop commander in a battlecruiser meta that just gets more huge as time goes on could really fuck shit up

nah that's not what I'm looking for.
I want to flicker Avenger with Phyrexian Altar out. I want value, mad value. and artifacts, though I'm considering since I'm in green to just go tokens

>>Not being able to play this in a King Macar deck
>>Why live

probably zada

people will most likely ignore you for the most of the game because lol mono red, allowing you to win the game in a dumb idiotic manner

I got a Skullbriar counters-all-day-long deck that is pretty effective, but I got kinda tired of it since it's always the precisely identical "swing with Skullbriar" strategy and I don't play EDH for that.

Yeah, I do get the vibe that he would be fun for about 2 games, and then you're left with an incredibly one-note deck. I do want to build something fast though. My group needs to speed shit up, myself included, but I don't want to start an arms race because I know it would just obliterate everyone.

Does it make sense to have Mwonvuli Beast Tracker if you only have 4 targets for him?

I have a friend who built a Skullbriar deck around Ghoulcaller Gisa. A lot of reanimation, bringing back Skullbriar not from the graveyard (and Command Zone when out of reanimation), and building a gigantic horde of zombies.

Depends how much you need one of those 4 targets.

MBT is borderline playable depending on whether you abuse ETB effects. Do you?

They're all pretty useful and one's a combo piece.

sup EDH gen I need some help

recently put together my first Creatureless Deck but i'm worried that it won't work, so before I invest some dosh how about some friendly pointers?

This is the list so far but...it really need work

I do.

somehow i forgot to post the link

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-attacking-3/

Then yeah you're never likely to get away with more than two or three activations anyway.